By Mike Florio
The days before the start of the new league year routinely feature teams creating cap space by moving on from contracts with cap numbers they no longer can justify. On Thursday, the Chiefs did just that with veteran linebacker Joe Mays. Mays, perhaps best known for a hit on quarterback Matt Schaub that dislodged a…
to get under the cap i see 3 moves….release devito(4 million),daniel(3.8 mil) and joe mays(2.7 million)
then, lets get hali and bowe restructured
one reason is if bowe isnt going to take less and we end up releasing him lets do it asap before we loose the chance to sign a replacement(or two) Read more…
By Darin Gantt
Given the fact the Chiefs went through an entire season without a touchdown from their wide receivers, the idea they want to mix it up there seems reasonable. But given their recent investments, it’s still going to be a tough pill to swallow. According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Chiefs are expected…
Kelvin Benjamin – 6’5″ 57 catches for 824 yds 8 TD’s – taken 5 spots after Ford.
Joel Bitonio – 852 snaps for Cleveland at left guard. PFF grade +21 – taken 12 spots after Ford.
Jordan Matthews – 54 catches 686 yds and 7 TD’s – taken 19 spots after Ford.
Dee Ford – 4 tackles.
Just saying – NOT HAPPY with the Dorsey/Reid regimes’ 1st round picks with Fisher and Ford.
What say you? Read more…
- Justin Houston: Why The All-Pro LB Might Leave The Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Addict
- Chiefs continue salary-cap savings, release inside linebacker Joe Mays - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs: First Round Wide Receiver is Not a Must - NFL Spin Zone
- Chiefs can start with De'Anthony Thomas in effort to get more from passing game - ESPN (blog)
- NFL free agency 2015: Would Torrey Smith fit with Kansas City Chiefs? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- From Philly to Kansas City, One Chiefs Scout Shares His Journey - KCChiefs.com
- Biggest need positions, top targets and predictions for Kansas City's offseason - ESPN