So today while responding to another thread I looked up the forehead on overthecap.com and saw something interesting in his contract….Incentives of $2 million for an AFC Championship and another $2 million for a Super Bowl win.
So here is the question….How do those incentives fit into the cap? If paid, do they retroactively become part of this years cap or do they get pushed to the next year?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I honestly just don’t know.
I’m really curious about this because I’ve always felt incentive clauses were never used enough in NFL contracts. Read more…
By Josh Alper
Chiefs General Manager John Dorsey was in the Packers front office when the team drafted defensive lineman Jerel Worthy in the second round of the 2012 draft and that likely helped Worthy land a spot on the team’s roster this offseason. That connection won’t help Worthy stick around into the second week of training camp,…
Now that Berry is back and practicing, I wonder what the plan is for the safety position.
Right now we have Abdullah and Parker as starters and Berry and Branch backing them up, with a couple other guys in there (Sanders, etc). We have four guys who (assuming Berry is back to his old self) could be legitimate starters.
I think Abdullah has the FS spot locked down, as he is really the only one of them who seems most natural in the center fielder type role as FS. He is good at reading the QB, while keeping a lid over top.
Parker Read more…
- Kansas City Chiefs position review: Running backs - isportsweb.com (blog)
- Photo gallery: Chiefs training camp Aug. 4 - Kansas City Star
- The Kansas City Chiefs live and they learn - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs prove their willingness to give players second chances - FOXSports.com
- Chiefs continue to move slowly with Eric Berry - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs: Ben Grubbs a big key for offense - NFL Spin Zone
- NFL Network's Steve Wyche Believes Chiefs are "In the Mix" in AFC Picture - KCChiefs.com