By: Nathan Shellstein
Anyone who followed the Kansas City Chiefs last year understood that Jamaal Charles was the bulk of the offense. He figures to be a huge part again in 2014, but the team is hoping for a bit more help. Here is a look at the 3 best players after him as far as fantasy football 2014 is concerned.
There is a realistic chance that no player on the Kansas City Chiefs will go in the 1st 100 picks in fantasy football 2014 after Charles. However, if someone is able to sneak in, it would be Bowe. He will be the main receiving option for the Kansas City Chiefs and their passing game, but he is not consistent enough to join that top tier. There is still a chance that Andy Reid begins to use him more, but last year he failed to have more than 70 yards receiving in a single regular season game.
Davis is a very talented athlete, but he is certainly limited with Charles in his way. He is still going to find some playing time, but his best value in fantasy football 2014 will be the fact that he is the perfect handcuff in case Charles goes down with a serious injury. His size and speed makes him a guy who will probably go in the 120-130 range overall.
There are certainly not going to be a lot of people who trust Alex Smith to be a starter in fantasy football 2014, but he actually makes a decent backup in deeper leagues. He did not have a very good year statistically in 2013, but he should be able to settle in the system a little bit more this year. The good news is that he was progressing towards the end of the season until injuries got the best of him in week 16 and 17.
- Kansas City Chiefs start camp without Eric Berry, Jamaal Charles, Justin Houston - UPI.com
- Kansas City Chiefs: Training Camp Recap Day One - KC Kingdom
- Chiefs receiver Mike Williams feels primed for redemptive year - Kansas City Star
- Are the Kansas City Chiefs the safest pick to win the AFC West? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs: Five Toughest Defenses to Face in 2016 - KC Kingdom
- Kansas City Chiefs' backup QBs Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray and Kevin Hogan are set to compete - FOXSports.com
- Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston will sit out training camp in St. Joseph - Kansas City Star