The Kansas City Chiefs and free agent cornerback Sean Smith have reached agreement on a three-year deal, David Canter, Smith’s agent, announced on Twitter.
According to multiple reports, the deal is worth $18 million over three seasons and contains $11 million in guaranteed money.
Smith is a big addition to a Chiefs defense that, despite ranking 20th in total defense, had four players make the Pro Bowl last season. The Chiefs are expected to utilize the 6-foot-3 Smith’s length by playing him in press man coverage. That size should come in handy against the defending AFC West champion Denver Broncos, who have a pair of 6-foot-3, 220-pound receivers in Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker that the Chiefs will have to contend with twice per season moving forward.
- Kansas City Chiefs Scouting Report: Devin Smith - KC Kingdom
- Former Chiefs tight end Sean McGrath isn't alone as other young NFL players ... - Kansas City Star
- Mel Kiper calls Kansas City Chiefs 'perfect fit' for Marcus Mariota - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs cheerleader-turned-MMA fighter: Houston Texans ... - FOXSports.com
- John Dorsey says Chiefs are giving Donald Stephenson 'a clean slate' - Kansas City Star
- Jeremy Maclin says signing with Kansas City Chiefs over Eagles wasn't about ... - NJ.com
- 2015 NFL Mock Draft Roundup 3/27: Who are the Chiefs drafting? - KCChiefs.com