The Kansas City Chiefs and free agent cornerback Sean Smith have reached agreement on a three-year deal, David Canter, Smith’s agent, announced on Twitter.
According to multiple reports, the deal is worth $18 million over three seasons and contains $11 million in guaranteed money.
Smith is a big addition to a Chiefs defense that, despite ranking 20th in total defense, had four players make the Pro Bowl last season. The Chiefs are expected to utilize the 6-foot-3 Smith’s length by playing him in press man coverage. That size should come in handy against the defending AFC West champion Denver Broncos, who have a pair of 6-foot-3, 220-pound receivers in Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker that the Chiefs will have to contend with twice per season moving forward.
- Kansas City Chiefs Grant Superfan Betty Johnson's Dying Wish - Huffington Post
- Kansas City Chiefs Draft Countdown: Making a Case for ILB Ben Heeney - Bleacher Report
- Jamaal Charles says he's nowhere near the finish line - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs: 5 Best Offseason Moves - NFL Spin Zone
- Kansas City Chiefs cut one of their 3 long snappers - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- 2015 NFL Mock Draft: With The Eighteenth Pick, The Kansas City Chiefs Select... - Battle Red Blog (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs expecting more out of Dee Ford in second NFL season - AL.com