Team makes second move in as many days
The Kansas City Chiefs signed free agent defensive tackle Daniel Muir, the team announced Friday.
Muir entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Green Bay Packers in 2007. He’s played in 46 games (26 starts) in six seasons with Green Bay (2007), Indianapolis (2008-11) and the New York Jets (2012), recording 111 tackles (88 solo), 0.5 sacks (-5.0 yards) and one pass defensed.
There’s something to be said for playoff experience and Muir has some. He’s started in all four postseason games he’s appeared in, recording 16 tackles (11 solo) and 1.0 sack (-5.0 yards), including starting Super Bowl XLIV against New Orleans, while with the Colts (2010).
- Kansas City Chiefs sign former South Alabama cornerback - Press-Register - al.com
- Juggernaut Index, No. 20: The Kansas City Chiefs - Yahoo Sports (blog)
- Andy Reid says Chiefs' negotiations with Alex Smith are ongoing - Kansas City Star
- Photo gallery: Chiefs training camp, Monday July 28 - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs d-line has the potential for all kinds of combinations in 2014 - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Dee Ford Of The Kansas City Chiefs: An NFL Rookie's Perspective On Financial ... - Forbes
- Excerpt from The Kansas City Star - KCChiefs.com