Team makes second move in as many days
The Kansas City Chiefs signed free agent defensive tackle Daniel Muir, the team announced Friday.
Muir entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Green Bay Packers in 2007. He’s played in 46 games (26 starts) in six seasons with Green Bay (2007), Indianapolis (2008-11) and the New York Jets (2012), recording 111 tackles (88 solo), 0.5 sacks (-5.0 yards) and one pass defensed.
There’s something to be said for playoff experience and Muir has some. He’s started in all four postseason games he’s appeared in, recording 16 tackles (11 solo) and 1.0 sack (-5.0 yards), including starting Super Bowl XLIV against New Orleans, while with the Colts (2010).
- Entering year three, Chiefs coach Andy Reid has his quarterbacks' trust - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs: Three takeaways from preseason, week three - isportsweb.com (blog)
- Predicting the Chiefs' 2015 NFL season, game-by-game - Kansas City Star (blog)
- KC Chiefs announce release of 11 players - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs make first round of cuts - KMBC Kansas City
- Seahawks' Bennett fined for hit on Kansas City Chiefs QB - KOMO News
- No punts or backwards plays, Chiefs offense hummed - Kansas City Star