Team makes second move in as many days
The Kansas City Chiefs signed free agent defensive tackle Daniel Muir, the team announced Friday.
Muir entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Green Bay Packers in 2007. He’s played in 46 games (26 starts) in six seasons with Green Bay (2007), Indianapolis (2008-11) and the New York Jets (2012), recording 111 tackles (88 solo), 0.5 sacks (-5.0 yards) and one pass defensed.
There’s something to be said for playoff experience and Muir has some. He’s started in all four postseason games he’s appeared in, recording 16 tackles (11 solo) and 1.0 sack (-5.0 yards), including starting Super Bowl XLIV against New Orleans, while with the Colts (2010).
- Chiefs' Clark Hunt on when to keep, cut a player with off-field troubles - Kansas City Star
- Photo gallery: Chiefs training camp Aug. 2 - Kansas City Star
- 2015 Fantasy Football Draft Prep: Kansas City Chiefs team outlook - CBS sports.com (blog)
- Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin suddenly look like total strangers - ESPN (blog)
- Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles feels like he's 'the LeBron of football' - ESPN
- Hall of Fame profile: Kansas City Chiefs G Will Shields - Yahoo Sports (blog)
- Herniated disks, like the one Chiefs' Dontari Poe has, can be tough for linemen - Kansas City Star