Team makes second move in as many days
The Kansas City Chiefs signed free agent defensive tackle Daniel Muir, the team announced Friday.
Muir entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Green Bay Packers in 2007. He’s played in 46 games (26 starts) in six seasons with Green Bay (2007), Indianapolis (2008-11) and the New York Jets (2012), recording 111 tackles (88 solo), 0.5 sacks (-5.0 yards) and one pass defensed.
There’s something to be said for playoff experience and Muir has some. He’s started in all four postseason games he’s appeared in, recording 16 tackles (11 solo) and 1.0 sack (-5.0 yards), including starting Super Bowl XLIV against New Orleans, while with the Colts (2010).
- Chiefs-Raiders: Shortest of weeks, biggest of games - Kansas City Star
- Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City Chiefs 2016: Prediction, Betting Odds For Week 14 Thursday Night Football - International Business Times
- Kansas City Chiefs continue to defy odds on way to 9-3 record - The Denver Post
- Have the Chiefs tapped into the Royals' never-die attitude? - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Updated NFL playoff picture: Chiefs-Raiders major playoff implications in Week 14 - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs rewarded for their willingness to open up offense - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs' Eric Berry makes triumphant return to hometown - UPI.com