I have heard several times that the former players are not exactly welcome at the new Arrowhead. Pioli has taken the players away from the community and it seems has disconnected his team from the past greats.
I wonder if this is the reason for the lack of team identity that Piolis Chiefs have been showing? I listened to Kevin Ross on a podcast earlier this week and was stunned that he has more passion for this team than what we are hearing from our current players.
The Charles autograph non-story aside I never get the feeling this group of players understand the history of this division, the games against the rivals don’t have that punch I grew to love. I have to wonder if they allowed the former players to be involved with this team that we wouldn’t be far ahead of where we are.
Once an understanding of the division is driven into these players and those games become what they should be the rest of the games will fall into place.
- Chiefs, Missouri Western motivated to extend team's stay in St. Joe past 2017 - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs extend lineman Bryan Witzmann through 2018 - Kansas City Star
- With a fake mullet, leather vest and jorts, Chiefs Anthony Sherman reports for camp - Kansas City Star
- Taiwan Jones could fit Kansas City Chiefs needs - Arrowhead Addict
- An ode to Mitch Morse, the Kansas City Chiefs center - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs' Alex Smith will collect a bigger check than you today - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- 'Staying creative' with Travis Kelce another way Chiefs can grow offense - ESPN (blog)