I have heard several times that the former players are not exactly welcome at the new Arrowhead. Pioli has taken the players away from the community and it seems has disconnected his team from the past greats.
I wonder if this is the reason for the lack of team identity that Piolis Chiefs have been showing? I listened to Kevin Ross on a podcast earlier this week and was stunned that he has more passion for this team than what we are hearing from our current players.
The Charles autograph non-story aside I never get the feeling this group of players understand the history of this division, the games against the rivals don’t have that punch I grew to love. I have to wonder if they allowed the former players to be involved with this team that we wouldn’t be far ahead of where we are.
Once an understanding of the division is driven into these players and those games become what they should be the rest of the games will fall into place.
- Updated NFL playoff picture: Chiefs-Raiders major playoff implications in Week 14 - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs' Eric Berry makes triumphant return to hometown - UPI.com
- Preview: Oakland Raiders Take on Kansas City Chiefs - NBC New York
- Chiefs keep winning in ways no team is supposed to win: 'Bro, never in my life' - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Dash of daring gets Albert Wilson to end zone - Kansas City Star
- Sports|NFL Scores: Cam Newton Benched as Seahawks Bully Panthers - New York Times
- KC Chiefs fans loved Andy Reid's risky play calling in 29-28 win ... - Kansas City Star (blog)