I have heard several times that the former players are not exactly welcome at the new Arrowhead. Pioli has taken the players away from the community and it seems has disconnected his team from the past greats.
I wonder if this is the reason for the lack of team identity that Piolis Chiefs have been showing? I listened to Kevin Ross on a podcast earlier this week and was stunned that he has more passion for this team than what we are hearing from our current players.
The Charles autograph non-story aside I never get the feeling this group of players understand the history of this division, the games against the rivals don’t have that punch I grew to love. I have to wonder if they allowed the former players to be involved with this team that we wouldn’t be far ahead of where we are.
Once an understanding of the division is driven into these players and those games become what they should be the rest of the games will fall into place.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Kansas City Chiefs: Every First Round Draft Pick Since 2000 - KC Kingdom
- Chiefs' 2018 win total listed at under .500 by oddsmaker - 247Sports
- 2018 NFL draft preview: Kansas City Chiefs GM Brett Veach prepped for first draft in charge - The Denver Post
- Mellinger Minutes: Moose and the Royals' rare pace, Chiefs' draft, and one more Bud Lathrop story - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Who will the Chiefs draft? Here are some top edge rushers - Kansas City Star
- The Chiefs need a defensive lineman. Here are the best available in the NFL Draft - Kansas City Star