PDA

View Full Version : Geez

Three7s
09-14-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm telling ya, people just have to find SOMETHING to complain about Whether it's, "LOL BRODIE SUCKS, GET HIM OUT!!", or "LJ is still useless! I don't care if Baltimore has only given up one 100 yard rusher in.....ever! Still useless!"

Come on people, did anyone HONESTLY expect us to even score 24 points against these guys? I SURE DIDN'T! I was shocked that we actually put together a 90 yard drive! Yes, our defense gave up a lot of yards, but they were on the field for 40 freaking minutes. Every time it came time to get off the field, they'd just throw at Leggett, who probably won't be starting next week.

Pressure still has it's issues, there were a few times that Hali got there, but we just couldn't do it consistently, and when we did get there, we could never knock Flacco down. In the end, this team completely surpassed my expectations for this game, and knowing that this was one of the tougher teams on our schedule, I think this spells good things for the rest of the year.

Chiefster
09-14-2009, 01:33 AM
When we've gone win-less for as long as we have, right or wrong, people are going to voice frustration untill we begin winning consistently. However, I do have to agree that I, too, was surprised to see that we scored 24 points against the Ravens. And, call me an uneducated "homer" if you will but I still like what Haley is doing with the team over all and the direction he's trying to take us. :)

Guru
09-14-2009, 02:06 AM
24-24 LATE in the game on the road at Baltimore. I'll take it.

doobs_05
09-14-2009, 03:38 AM
I'm telling ya, people just have to find SOMETHING to complain about Whether it's, "LOL BRODIE SUCKS, GET HIM OUT!!", or "LJ is still useless! I don't care if Baltimore has only given up one 100 yard rusher in.....ever! Still useless!"

Come on people, did anyone HONESTLY expect us to even score 24 points against these guys? I SURE DIDN'T! I was shocked that we actually put together a 90 yard drive! Yes, our defense gave up a lot of yards, but they were on the field for 40 freaking minutes. Every time it came time to get off the field, they'd just throw at Leggett, who probably won't be starting next week.

Pressure still has it's issues, there were a few times that Hali got there, but we just couldn't do it consistently, and when we did get there, we could never knock Flacco down. In the end, this team completely surpassed my expectations for this game, and knowing that this was one of the tougher teams on our schedule, I think this spells good things for the rest of the year.

:sign0098: :bananen_smilies046: Totally agree with you...my friends were telling me we were going to get murdered but i didn't believe it...it was nice at the bar there was a steelers fan there who was cheering for the chiefs with me:yahoo:

also REP!!

Ldub
09-14-2009, 06:18 AM

I also agree with this. I think people forget that the ravens were 1 game away from the superbowl last year. They are far from chopped liver. If Cassel and Flowers were in the game it would of been interesting but the fact we made the ravens work for it impressed me.

Im already seeing alot of Haley hate aswell. Do people really think the game would of been this close with Herm? Im sick of hearing about Todd Haleys ego. What this team is used to doesn't work! Maybe they need some hardass with a ego to work them in to shape.

This is also a rebuilding year. Im not talking about a Herm Edwards "rebuilding year", but a REAL rebuilding year. Everyone needs to be cut some slack. Its a new management, new coach, and new system. Give it time to work!

pbatrucker
09-14-2009, 08:33 AM
We still have a few problems and we all knew that. But we have to take a lot of positives from the game.
We played physical football with a very physical team. The "D" played fairly well considering how long they were on the field. Still need a consistant pass rush, but it was better. I really hope Pioli signs Runyon, but the big"O" should be ready to play this week and that sure can't hurt.
I'm with you guys about all the haters. We gained some respect yesterday and are headed in the right direction.

Chiefster
09-14-2009, 08:54 AM

Me too!:bananen_smilies046:

GlennBree
09-14-2009, 08:59 AM

ME TOO!

Chiefster
09-14-2009, 09:06 AM
I also agree with this. I think people forget that the ravens were 1 game away from the superbowl last year. They are far from chopped liver. If Cassel and Flowers were in the game it would of been interesting but the fact we made the ravens work for it impressed me.

Im already seeing alot of Haley hate aswell. Do people really think the game would of been this close with Herm? Im sick of hearing about Todd Haleys ego. What this team is used to doesn't work! Maybe they need some hardass with a ego to work them in to shape.

This is also a rebuilding year. Im not talking about a Herm Edwards "rebuilding year", but a REAL rebuilding year. Everyone needs to be cut some slack. Its a new management, new coach, and new system. Give it time to work!

This, and rep!

yashi
09-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Finally some fans with a little sense. We weren't supposed to win this game, or even keep it competitive. We were 13 point underdogs at kickoff, and we had the spread covered until the final seconds of the game. The defense struggled to get off the field and gave up a ton of yards, but for the first time in a while I really saw a team that looked like it was a year or two away from contending, whereas last year it really felt like we were getting lucky a lot, and that's what was causing us to keep games close. Yesterday, we looked like a respectable NFL team.

Fans are ripping into each other in the game thread and I don't understand it. Yesterday's game was a loss, but I felt it was a step in the right direction. No Flowers, no Cassel, and we still kept it competitive.

wolfpack
09-14-2009, 10:12 AM
It was agreat effort.I wish Haily would have opened it up earlier.I still think they need acouple of more talanted bodies. Spend some money.But its a rebuilding year.

Hayvern
09-14-2009, 10:31 AM

Dude, seriously, we are all fans here and we all have the right and ability to play Monday morning coach and quarterback. That is what the message board is for. No use getting yourself all in a hizzy over it. I am sure you will have something to criticize the team for later.

Now

:beer:

m0ef0e
09-14-2009, 12:36 PM
a loss is a loss but there's some good film for these guys to watch and learn from. it's a work in progress and you're either blind or in denial if u didn't see at least some progress yesterday. the interior line on both sides of the ball still need to vastly improve without a doubt but we didn't have any turnovers-- one improvement over the preseason.

josh1971
09-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah, the immediate flare up during and after a game is kind of irritating, but thanks to the internet, this has really been exacerbated over time. Not only do people have opinions, but they have become increasingly negative and unhelpful and OVER-analytical over time.

I think this was an ok start to the season, with a disappointing result. I would have preferred the win, but KC is still rebuilding, and I'm sure Haley will now get a good look at the team, and know what's still wrong. "Can't fix it if I don't know what's broken".

Next year's free agency/draft should be pretty exciting, but in the mean time, let's hope these 53 guys and their coaches smash out some wins!

jb

Pro_Angler
09-14-2009, 04:18 PM
im sorry everyone is so caught up in the "we are rebuilding bit" it's been the same story for 5 years now.
Even last year there were games were they showed signs of improvement but then the next game comes and there it is improvement gone. Consistency is a sign of improvement..

KC Maniac
09-14-2009, 06:27 PM

I agree with the 1st part of your post. I was pretty surprised by how much people were complaining about Croyle as well. I also agree with the second part of your post...MOST people thought the over/under of this game was going to be like 38 or 39...(I personally won big on the over..heheheh)....

The part of your post that I have to disagree with (I wish I could agree with it) is that it spells good things for the season. Personally I could see that our defense was getting tired. Yes, they played pretty well...especially in the 1st half...But ended up allowing 500 yards....300 yards in the air to Flacco, and something like 200 on the ground. We got NO pressure on the QB (I think I read only 1 hurry....) hardly at all.

To me, this does not spell 'good things for THIS season.' I am sorry to say it, but what I see is more of the same. Our D will look good for a while, but when we cant make 1st downs because our O-line is in shambles, our defense will simply have to be on the field too much. THIS season I think we will be lucky to win more than 5-6 games, and I would guess probably 4-12 will be the result.

No, this does not spell 'good things' for this season. However, I do feel that the defense is moving in the right direction..I like the 34..They simply juts cannot be out on the field for 40 minutes like they were on Sunday against the ravens. If the offense can't hold onto the ball for more than 20 minutes we simply cannot win.

It all starts at the lines. Both our O-line and our D-line have been disappointing thus far. To me, that is the most outstanding issue....

Maybe 'good things' means something different to you than it does to me, but watching a team tire out because they cant get 1st downs and suffer horrible loss after horrible loss for the 3rd season in a row isn't a good thing to me.

yashi
09-14-2009, 06:56 PM
im sorry everyone is so caught up in the "we are rebuilding bit" it's been the same story for 5 years now.
Even last year there were games were they showed signs of improvement but then the next game comes and there it is improvement gone. Consistency is a sign of improvement..

5 years? You act like we're the Raiders. We were in the playoffs 3 years ago man.

McLovin
09-14-2009, 07:18 PM
I agree with the 1st part of your post. I was pretty surprised by how much people were complaining about Croyle as well. I also agree with the second part of your post...MOST people thought the over/under of this game was going to be like 38 or 39...(I personally won big on the over..heheheh)....

The part of your post that I have to disagree with (I wish I could agree with it) is that it spells good things for the season. Personally I could see that our defense was getting tired. Yes, they played pretty well...especially in the 1st half...But ended up allowing 500 yards....300 yards in the air to Flacco, and something like 200 on the ground. We got NO pressure on the QB (I think I read only 1 hurry....) hardly at all.

To me, this does not spell 'good things for THIS season.' I am sorry to say it, but what I see is more of the same. Our D will look good for a while, but when we cant make 1st downs because our O-line is in shambles, our defense will simply have to be on the field too much. THIS season I think we will be lucky to win more than 5-6 games, and I would guess probably 4-12 will be the result.

No, this does not spell 'good things' for this season. However, I do feel that the defense is moving in the right direction..I like the 34..They simply juts cannot be out on the field for 40 minutes like they were on Sunday against the ravens. If the offense can't hold onto the ball for more than 20 minutes we simply cannot win.

It all starts at the lines. Both our O-line and our D-line have been disappointing thus far. To me, that is the most outstanding issue....

Maybe 'good things' means something different to you than it does to me, but watching a team tire out because they cant get 1st downs and suffer horrible loss after horrible loss for the 3rd season in a row isn't a good thing to me.
But I thought Brodie did so good. Maybe an occasional play of over 4 downs would have helped the D. Get real you can't have it both ways, Brodie was the QB and IS responsible for running the offense, at the end of the day it all comes back to Croyle didn't make the plays he needed to when he needed to make them.

By the way there are 31 other teams out there that need fans. I am tired of hearing how much you love Brodie buy negative about everything else, if we trade Brodie will you go with him.

McLovin
09-14-2009, 07:20 PM
No one is making you watch it, and certainly no one is asking you to come complain about it. Most of us like to look for the positives, I am by nature a positive person. I don't see how anyone can live life so negative about everything.

KC Maniac
09-14-2009, 07:50 PM
But I thought Brodie did so good. Maybe an occasional play of over 4 downs would have helped the D. Get real you can't have it both ways, Brodie was the QB and IS responsible for running the offense, at the end of the day it all comes back to Croyle didn't make the plays he needed to when he needed to make them.

By the way there are 31 other teams out there that need fans. I am tired of hearing how much you love Brodie buy negative about everything else, if we trade Brodie will you go with him.

Im not exactly sure why I am having a problem communicating with you...I am going to guess I am not the only one you have these kinds of problems with...

But because you are having such a hard time understanding a basic concept...I will try and use small words, and repeat myself.

Brodie Croyle did FINE. He only missed 8 passes out of 24, thats about 67% completeions...The lack of 1st downs was not primarily his fault...They had no running game, so they couldn't set up 2nd and short or 3rd and short plays. You seem to want to focus ONLY on Croyle..who is NOT responsible for calling plays.

I am not exactly sure what your motivation for only looking at Croyle to blame is....but here is the simple fact that you seem to be missing:

If you make a list of everything that was bad about the Chief's play during the Raven's game...The play of Brodie Croyle would have to be towards the very bottom of the list.

I mean, if you just start listing all of the things that went wrong, in order of how bad they were for our game...There is NO WAY you could point to Brodie (who is a backup QB) as being at the top of that list...

I'm not trying to say Croyle is the QB of the future or that he is great or anything like that. What I am simply saying (as the title of the post reads) is that the loss is not his fault. Period. He did his job, he performed. You must look elsewhere to find the cause of our loss if you are seriously examining the game.

I have never once said I love Brodie, so please do not put words in my mouth. Just because I think he did his job, and think people should look elsewhere to place the blame for the Raven's game does not mean I love him or wouldn't love to have a different QB.

If all you want to hear is positives about the Chiefs maybe you should bury your head in the sand until after next April, because I have a feeling this is going to be a very long season for you....And I have some bad news...You could put Joe Montana back there or John Elway or any other hall of famer and you would not get that much different results with this offensive line.

If you are one of the kool-aid drinkers who thinks this team is going to 9-7 and that the 1st loss is a fluke, and Croyle's fault...I am going to be laughing at you all season.

Maybe in two or three weeks when you realize the truth (6 wins TOPS, and most likely about 4-5) and our O-line is horrible, defense cant be on the field 40 minutes and hope to win..etc...

MAYBE then you will come to your senses and realize that it wasn't Croyle's fault....Maybe after you see the same thing happen game after game regardless of who is in at QB you will see it...

Then again, maybe you won't.

McLovin
09-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Im quite sure I will catch crap for this.

But I am thinking your union, no one else I know thinks that playing the entire game with no errors but no production is doing your job.

Try this go into work, do nothing till noon get pulled from your spot on the line, then come out and work and remain near where you need to be the rest of the day.

Now of course this only works if you have a job... on an assembly line. I do not but I have in the past. Doing way less then your job but not making mistakes is not doing your job.

I have posted here before - today to be exact. I do believe that the Chiefs will be 9-7 this year, I do not think that Croyle was the only problem, but I refuse to let him off the hook entirely or glorify him like some in here. I also don't believe that Brodie was the worst glaring problem on the team, I feel Leggett may fall into that category. But if as a qb you cant keep your team on the field and produce for the entire first half ... YOUR NOT DOING YOUR JOB. I could have went out and looked like I was going to wet my pants, went three and out every time (I believe that it was into the second half before we had a play over 10 downs.

Last but not least it is very obvious that you care not to look at the performance you choose just to see the passer rating. I am growing tired of this discussion, also unless you are taking the comments off this board straight to Haley or another top member of the team, then yes these posts are irrevelant.

drstandley31
09-15-2009, 12:08 AM
It's a huge step in the right direction. Friggen Herm put us so far in a hole it will take a couple years to dig out of. That being said, if you can't pressure a QB or get a first down, you won't win. And we need to be able to do that. I believe we will. I believe this coach will make it happen, but this team will under go a huge face lift before that happens. The Herm players, with some exceptions, are not smash mouth get it done at any cost kind of guys. We will start to see those guys show up in the next couple of years. The best part is they played 4 entire quarters. Herm's teams were done somewhere mid 3rd quarter.

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 03:52 AM
I have posted here before - today to be exact. I do believe that the Chiefs will be 9-7 this year,

Man...I have never wanted to be wrong MORE in my life...I can't even tell you how happy I would be if the chiefs were to go 9-7 this season. I would give you all my REP and all my cash.

I just do not see it...I don't even see them going 7-9 man.

There is nothing I would love more....

I know all of us want that.

I just have to be honest with what I see and I do not see 7 wins this season. MAYBE 6 wins but more likely 4-5...

doobs_05
09-15-2009, 03:53 AM
Man...I have never wanted to be wrong MORE in my life...I can't even tell you how happy I would be if the chiefs were to go 9-7 this season. I would give you all my REP and all my cash.

I just do not see it...I don't even see them going 7-9 man.

There is nothing I would love more....

I know all of us want that.

I just have to be honest with what I see and I do not see 7 wins this season. MAYBE 6 wins but more likely 4-5...

no reason why we shouldn't win 8.....we have probably the best home field advantage....you need to stop being negative

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 04:17 AM
no reason why we shouldn't win 8.....we have probably the best home field advantage....you need to stop being negative

I'm taking a wild guess and going out on a limb and thinking you haven't taken a look at the schedule yet?

:lol:

Heres our home games:

NY Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas Cowboys
Cleveland
Buffalo
San Diego
Denver
Fayders

Heres the away games:

Eagles
Redskins
Jacksonville
Cincinatti
Baltimore (loss)
Donks
Fayders
Boltz

So like which 8 games are we gonna win in your eyes?

Even if you give us the Fayders, Browns, Donks at home....Thats only 3 ....where do the other 5 come from? Cuz I would like to win some big money if youre gonna go Nostrodamus up in here!@!

doobs_05
09-15-2009, 05:13 AM
I'm taking a wild guess and going out on a limb and thinking you haven't taken a look at the schedule yet?

Heres our home games:

NY Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas Cowboys
Cleveland
Buffalo
San Diego
Denver
Fayders

Heres the away games:

Eagles
Redskins
Jacksonville
Cincinatti
Baltimore (loss)
Donks
Fayders
Boltz

Even if you give us the Fayders, Browns, Donks at home....Thats only 3 ....where do the other 5 come from? Cuz I would like to win some big money if youre gonna go Nostrodamus up in here!@!

we could take both from donks and fayders, bungles, bills, jags and one from the dolts.....thats 8 hell thats 9 if you put in browns

also not trying to be an a-hole with the post lol...just so were on the same page if we weren't already hahaha

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 06:22 PM
No worries bro!! I love the optimism, and like I have said in the past , this is one area I would LOVE to be wrong about..

I just do not see us sweeping the Fayders or Donks, but hell I will give u the browns and bungles even though we have to play the bungles away.....SO that count is only 4...Then even if we win two other games somehow I am only at 6 in best case scenario.... But like I said....If we win 8-9 games this season my mind will explode with happiness and I will be convinced that we are on the right track.

McLovin
09-18-2009, 12:15 PM

Heres our home games:

NY Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas Cowboys
Cleveland
Buffalo
San Diego
Denver
Fayders

Heres the away games:

Eagles
Redskins
Jacksonville
Cincinatti
Baltimore (loss)
Donks
Fayders
Boltz

Above I have Bolded every winnable game. The only one I see that is not winnable is the Ravens game, before the game that was winnable also and we came close.

Now my prediction of how we get to 9-7...

Home Games
Cleveland
Fubbalo
San Diego
Donks
Faiders

Away
Jacksonville
Cincinatti
Donks
Faiders

Losses
Baltimore - We lost, not by much but we lost.

That leaves us losing to the Dolts on the road. (They are the most threatening rival this year. But they are prone to meltdown.)

Giants (we could beat up on Eli he ain't nuttin. Good D but not any better the Balt who we were in the game till the end.)

Eagles (could be tough Depends on McNabb and or how good Vick plays)

Redskins (very winnable I put this as a loss to get to 9-7 instead of 10-6)

Steelers (this could also be tough but they are not unbeatable)

Cowgirls ( Depends on which team shows up they have a great team and a horrible team. Horrible team shows up we take 2 picks to the house and beat them easily)

hardcorechiefsfan
09-19-2009, 07:27 PM
:mob:
"Hurrah! Hurrah! The chiefs will make the raiders dead!