PDA

View Full Version : Here's something you would never hear Herm say to a player!

yashi
09-14-2009, 11:42 AM
I thought that's what he said. I like it. Brodie played way better from that point on. It's about time we have a coach that shows some attitude and isn't afraid to put a player in their place.

yashi
09-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Seriously? I could have marked it as having some language. Anyone who watched the game yesterday saw it for themselves.

Chiefster
09-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Seriously? I could have marked it as having some language. Anyone who watched the game yesterday saw it for themselves.

Not the point.

Read Before Posting - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438)

KC Maniac
09-14-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm not really a big fan of censorship....

captainamerica
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
What did he say? (surely you can give us a general idea without having to censor the whole thing.)

YZILLA
09-14-2009, 01:43 PM
a little too strict IMO but I have no control so I just choose to go elsewhere when I want to get the full story . Im not bashing any of the mods, I just like the vegas action better than Disneyland.I know there are probabaly alot of fragile woman and Children who hang out here compared to the other forums so I can understand the strictness of the rules.:bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
09-14-2009, 02:53 PM
So what did he tell Croyle?

wolfpack
09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh Todd ripped a new one on Bradley also for running a 6 yard route when we needed 7 for a first down. Glad he did because it happened more than once.

Three7s
09-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh Todd ripped a new one on Bradley also for running a 6 yard route when we needed 7 for a first down. Glad he did because it happened more than once.
He ripped into Croyle once too, which I think is what the topic is about, with a few.....very choice words from Haley.

Pro_Angler
09-14-2009, 04:11 PM
he said " snap the bleepin ball..do you bleeping understand me..just snap the bleeping ball!!!"

Stumplifter
09-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Approx at what part of the game did this happen?

Chiefster
09-14-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm not really a big fan of censorship....

Wow you gave him a infraction? thats major weak chief dude...

Yashi dude keep posting i like it all dont let chiefster get ya down

You have paid how much to post here?

It's too much to ask that members, who pay nothing to post here, to follow a few simple basic rules?

So, because you pay nothing to post here it is your God given inalienable right to expect to be able post just whatever you wish and be winked at while abusing your privilege to post things that clearly violate the rules?

I get it.

northwest
09-14-2009, 05:39 PM
haha i saw this. i was loling.

KC Maniac
09-14-2009, 06:11 PM
I agree with the above poster about VEgas/Disneyland....

The forum says 'Hardcore Discussion'.....

It is a little confusing that someone can't quote a coach in a hardcore discussion area....

Oh well...Disappointing.

Canada
09-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Dems da rulez.

Hayvern
09-14-2009, 09:13 PM
point is it could have been posted without the words easily enough as it was later. Now give me a bleeping beer!

Pro_Angler
09-14-2009, 09:16 PM
yea i achieved the same thing without using the bad words. there are a lot of younger people here and many times my ten year old is peeking over my shoulder.

Canada
09-14-2009, 09:19 PM
I agree with the above poster about VEgas/Disneyland....

The forum says 'Hardcore Discussion'.....

It is a little confusing that someone can't quote a coach in a hardcore discussion area....

Oh well...Disappointing.

You could send him a pm and ask him where those sites are. No one is forcing you to stay in Disneyland.

Chiefster
09-14-2009, 09:34 PM
You could send him a pm and ask him where those sites are. No one is forcing you to stay in Disneyland.

Exactly. :sign0098:

Kansas City Chiefs Fan Site - Web Links (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_weblinks&Itemid=23)

KC Maniac
09-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Maybe you should rename the Hardcore Discussion room to 'Guys with panties in a bunch'

yashi
09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Maybe you should rename the Hardcore Discussion room to 'Guys with panties in a bunch'

easy man, it wasn't a big deal.. don't get banned over it.

KC Maniac
09-14-2009, 09:56 PM

If saying 'panties in a bunch' in a 'hardcore' forum is going to get me banned, this isn't the right place for me.

Not sure how rep works, but I have received quite a few rep in just a few posts so I am quite sure there has to be more than a few people who agree with me.

germaine93
09-14-2009, 10:08 PM
So what did he tell Croyle?
i saw it and he said something along the lines of snap the Fing ball, etc.... i loved it!

germaine93
09-14-2009, 10:08 PM
i saw it and he said something along the lines of snap the Fing ball, etc.... i loved it!
also a little jesus Fing ch r i s t... i think anyway..it was awesome

KC Maniac
09-14-2009, 10:13 PM
It has the swear words sub-titled in, i think it is off of you tube....Dont click if you dont wanna see the F word mouthed and/or spelled out

yashi
09-14-2009, 10:20 PM
It has the swear words sub-titled in, i think it is off of you tube....Dont click if you dont wanna see the F word mouthed and/or spelled out

That's what I linked in the original post... it's going to get removed again.

KC Maniac
09-14-2009, 10:22 PM
That's what I linked in the original post... it's going to get removed again.

Oh , I guess I will edit it out...

I didnt realize that...

I thought it wa sjust the text that was edited..MY bad.

OOPS , can't edit posts after 10 minutes...

Man this forum just doesn't like me LOL.

Canada
09-14-2009, 10:35 PM

Or maybe you could have a little respect and make an attempt to follow the rules.

Pro_Angler
09-14-2009, 11:18 PM
I think that link with a disclaimer would be fine?

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 12:54 AM

It is a matter of opinion, one that I don't agree with, but it doesn't violate any rules that I can see. I would not ban someone for stating their opinion within the confine of the rules. Further more I would also say that if posting in any of our forums, regardless of what you believe it's name suggest to you, within the rules is a problem for you then this may not be the place for you. Hardcore discussion means to state ones thoughts and opinions regarding the Chiefs and respectfully defending, if necessary, your point of view, not posting things that violate the rules that have been set in place since, nearly, day one.

I hope this serves to clear things up a bit.

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Or maybe you could have a little respect and make an attempt to follow the rules.

Rep!

Big Daddy Tek
09-15-2009, 01:20 AM

Ok it was funny the first couple of times. Now bring back Canada!

PawnshopMarimba
09-15-2009, 02:36 AM
I've never understood censorship.
Many developed countries get to say or screen most anything they like on radio and television including "vulgar language" and nudity, and their youth are nowhere near as damaged as our own for being exposed to it. Real talk.

I've always been an English student, but I've never been able to grasp why so many people assign magical properties to certain words. They're just words, aren't they? They hold no real power, do they? I feel that by bending over backwards to accommodate those easily offended types that go into conniption fits over a choice arrangement of letters we are only serving to cater to the least common denominator, and encouraging the hyper-sensitivity problem that has become oh so prevalent in our culture.

But that's just me, I guess. I do try to follow the rules, even though I don't agree with some of them. Also, I'm drunk. :-D

/soapbox

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Many developed countries get to say or screen most anything they like on radio and television including "vulgar language" and nudity, and their youth are nowhere near as damaged as our own for being exposed to it. Real talk.

I've always been an English student, but I've never been able to grasp why so many people assign magical properties to certain words. They're just words, aren't they? They hold no real power, do they? I feel that by bending over backwards to accommodate those easily offended types that go into conniption fits over a choice arrangement of letters we are only serving to cater to the least common denominator, and encouraging the hyper-sensitivity problem that has become oh so prevalent in our culture.

But that's just me, I guess. I do try to follow the rules, even though I don't agree with some of them. Also, I'm drunk. :-D

/soapbox

That's all we ask. :bananen_smilies046:

Big Daddy Tek
09-15-2009, 02:42 AM

/soapbox

Wow, awsome. Rep

PawnshopMarimba
09-15-2009, 02:47 AM
That's all we ask. :bananen_smilies046:

I do think you should consider an uncensored thread in here, though. :D

Three7s
09-15-2009, 03:01 AM

/soapbox
^This!

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 03:02 AM
I do think you should consider an uncensored thread in here, though. :D

You mean an uncensored forum?

If so, it has been discussed among all of the sites management and was agreed that it was not in the sites best interest with Coach, being that he is the one paying the bills, having the final say as to what ultimately is and is not allowed and what kinds of forums he wants as part of the site.

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 03:05 AM

/soapbox

REP:bananen_smilies046:

PawnshopMarimba
09-15-2009, 03:06 AM
Well I was going to say forum but decided to back off and argue for even one measly thread dedicated to sailor-mouthed gents such as myself.

Fair enough, though. I'm not here to rabble-rouse, just putting in my two cents.

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Well I was going to say forum but decided to back off and argue for even one measly thread dedicated to sailor-mouthed gents such as myself.

Fair enough, though. I'm not here to rabble-rouse, just putting in my two cents.

Not a thing wrong with it bud. :)

doobs_05
09-15-2009, 03:36 AM

/soapbox

nothing like being on the internet drunk...just don't go overboard and send a drunk email to someone and regret it ....i do that alot with text messages hahaha...also agree with your post

PawnshopMarimba
09-15-2009, 03:42 AM
Lol. Drunk dialing is bad stuff. I've had my share of it, lemme tell ya.

doobs_05
09-15-2009, 04:06 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/09/18.jpg me the next morning

chief31
09-15-2009, 09:34 AM

/soapbox

I too use a "curse word" in almost every sentence in real life.

But there is a variety of different websites around. Plenty of Chiefs websites, even. And if none of them allow the kind of language that we are discussing, then you could always start your own site, with whatever rules you choose.

Since this is Coah's site, he makes the rules. Much like if he were to ask that noone smoke in his car, or scream in his home.

We are visiting his site. We just need to respect his rules.

Now, if it were someone's home, and they said "No 'curse words' in my home", I would probably have to leave.

Not because I choose to not obey the rule. It's because "what the ****'s going on?" doesn't have the backspace option in speech. But it is so easy to edit in type.

Peoples' choices of rules for THEIR home,Their restaraunt, THEIR car and THEIR website is... THEIRS.

Just because the website is "open to the public" does not mean that it belongs to the public. It is still privately owned.

Even if we were paying for membership, we are still guests.

Now, as I said above, I agree with sentiment of the quoted post. The words only mean whatever the user intended it to mean. ("What the ****'s going on?" = "What the heck's going on?")

I think the reason that the rules are employed here, is because one misunderstanding of the intent can breed the kind of atmosphere that is unwanted here.

And, as anyone who uses "curse words" regularly knows, that happens alot. Especially in heated debates.

So, as opposed to trying to police who misinterpreted what, (Like that doesn't already happen enough around here) the line can be drawn much more clearly at the well-known "curse words" point.

Rep for the logic, though, Pawn.

Canada
09-15-2009, 09:43 AM
**** that **** you ****in *******. I will say whatever the **** I want. **** you!!

yashi
09-15-2009, 09:49 AM
At the same time, coming from someone who does web development for a living, if you don't keep your visitors happy and appeal to your target audience as much as similar sites do, your traffic goes down because some will stop coming to your site and switch to using another one.

I'm not saying this necessarily applies here. Coach seems like a cool guy and I think he's trying to run a family-friendly Chief's site, which is fine of course. It's his website and in the end it's his decision on how to run it.

Just saying, driving visitors away is never a good thing. The more people that visit the site, the more people that will be buying from the store, visiting the forums, etc. Web sites are ultimately all the same, they're looking to generate as much traffic as possible.

You shouldn't feel like a "guest" at any site. You are essentially the customer, whether you're purchasing anything with cash or not. It's like watching a show on TV. You're not necessarily paying to watch it, but by watching it you help keep the show running.
My 2 cents... I'm not going anywhere of course. Carry on! :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
09-15-2009, 09:57 AM
At the same time, coming from someone who does web development for a living, if you don't keep your visitors happy and appeal to your target audience as much as similar sites do, your traffic goes down because some will stop coming to your site and switch to using another one.

I'm not saying this necessarily applies here. Coach seems like a cool guy and I think he's trying to run a family-friendly Chief's site, which is fine of course. It's his website and in the end it's his decision on how to run it.

Just saying, driving visitors away is never a good thing. The more people that visit the site, the more people that will be buying from the store, visiting the forums, etc. Web sites are ultimately all the same, they're looking to generate as much traffic as possible.

My 2 cents... I'm not going anywhere of course. Carry on! :bananen_smilies046:

This is true also.

However, this site is not for profit. And does not require a large audience.

It is here because Coach wants a place to be able to talk/read about The Chiefs and Chiefs fans. (Basically)

Losing members is not a good thing, as it lowers the number of opinions being expressed. But members who want a different type of site, are always free to find that, elsewhere.

Heck, the site even managed to not fall off the face of the Earth when Iwas AWOL.:D

chief31
09-15-2009, 09:57 AM
**** that **** you ****in *******. I will say whatever the **** I want. **** you!!

Editing: So easy a caveman can do it. :lol:

Canada
09-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Its not like people dont get away with it here. The rule is no swearing and it is usually enforced when people are insulting others, or dropping the F bonb. I type sh!t adn b!tches all the time. I get a few infactions but thats about it. If u let one thread have swearing then it will spread and then people will get pissed off and there will be curse words and sh!t all over the site. That is what they are trying to avoid. Besides, type whatever you want and it is automatically filtered usually. We can usually figure out what people are saying.

Canada
09-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Although there was this one time I was banned for no good reason at all.

yashi
09-15-2009, 10:07 AM
However, this site is not for profit.

This is an inaccurate statement.. no offense of course.

Advertisements, check.

Sponsors, check.

Re-branded store with commissions, check.

Not for profit sites have none of those things. I want Coach to make money though, because I want him to be able to keep the site running. The site certainly generates revenue though.

I do definitely admire the fact that there are no intrusive bright flashing ads that take away from the site though.

m0ef0e
09-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Back on point: I wanna see Haley grabbin mother****er's facemasks, gettin in their face, screaming n $h!t. I wanna see the spittle flying off his lips in HD, showering the moron who just made the big mistake. I want Haley to start doing jaw exercises or have some work done to get a Cowher-esque lower mandible going. I want a coach with some fire! Losing is NOT acceptable. I never ever want to see another coach for the Chiefs standing on the sidelines smiling with his arms folded while we are getting blown-out 30-something to zero. I'd rather see Dick Vermiel crying again...

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Back on point: I wanna see Haley grabbin mother****er's facemasks, gettin in their face, screaming n !t. I wanna see the spittle flying off his lips in HD, showering the moron who just made the big mistake. I want Haley to start doing jaw exercises or have some work done to get a Cowher-esque lower mandible going. I want a coach with some fire! Losing is NOT acceptable. I never ever want to see another coach for the Chiefs standing on the sidelines smiling with his arms folded while we are getting blown-out 30-something to zero. I'd rather see Dick Vermiel crying again...

Took the thoughts out of my head...I think I ran out of REP or I would rep this for sure.

Isawa_mo
09-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Back on point: I wanna see Haley grabbin mother****er's facemasks, gettin in their face, screaming n !t. I wanna see the spittle flying off his lips in HD, showering the moron who just made the big mistake. I want Haley to start doing jaw exercises or have some work done to get a Cowher-esque lower mandible going. I want a coach with some fire! Losing is NOT acceptable. I never ever want to see another coach for the Chiefs standing on the sidelines smiling with his arms folded while we are getting blown-out 30-something to zero. I'd rather see Dick Vermiel crying again...

I agree! :sign0098:
These guys make alot of money to do what they do, they should be able to take "ahem" constructive criticism when they blow it. This team has a chance to win some games, but only if they are doing things as close to perfect at possible. Haley knows that. He cannot teach talent to the linemen, but he can make sure they do not commit false start penalties every drive.

wichitaj
09-15-2009, 08:12 PM
all right - all right, two words to fix this....

swear jar

:toast2:

Canada
09-15-2009, 11:48 PM
all right - all right, two words to fix this....

swear jar

Can I pay in Arrowcash?

Vandelay
09-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Can I pay in Arrowcash?
**** NO!!!

stricken721
09-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Can I pay in Arrowcash?

Sure, you gotta pay us all though.

Canada
09-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Its OK, I dont really swear much anyways

stricken721
09-15-2009, 11:53 PM

:lol: :lol:

Vandelay
09-15-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm sure your a fine young man.

Canada
09-15-2009, 11:55 PM
...and next week I am gonna try my first beer!! I hear they are quite refreshing!!:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
09-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Although there was this one time I was at band camp for no good reason at all.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-umUtLpRY)

Chiefster
09-16-2009, 12:02 AM

Advertisements, check.

Sponsors, check.

Not for profit sites have none of those things. I want Coach to make money though, because I want him to be able to keep the site running. The site certainly generates revenue though.

I do definitely admire the fact that there are no intrusive bright flashing ads that take away from the site though.

Paid nothing for membership here or to post in conversation with fellow Chiefs fans. - Check. :D

Coach
09-16-2009, 12:13 AM

Really? Get lost fader.

Advertisements, check.

Sponsors, check.

The site makes revenue, but I won't be quitting my day job as many of you have figured out. That is why I am not on here as much as I'd like.

The revenue pays for hosting costs, costs of scripts like vbulletin(forum (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/index.php)), paying people to write fresh content(articles (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/announcement.php?a=20)), paying for logos/headers/t-shirts to be designed, giving away tickets to games(here (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6110&highlight=tickets)), giving away t-shirts(here (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628&highlight=t-shirt) and here (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7573&highlight=t-shirt) and here (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3198&highlight=t-shirt)) and jerseys, fantasy football contests, pick em contests, and a bunch of other things that I can't recall off the top of my head.
At the end of the day, this site is an expensive hobby for me, but very rewarding most of the time. I use the ads primarily on the front page where our regular users spend very little time. This allows the "visitors"(mainly from search engines) to pay for the contests that the members(you) can win. It's a balance of running ads so that I can give away stuff while trying to make sure that they don't become intrusive.

So you are correct, this site does create revenue. The more, the merrier for all of us.

I too enjoy seeing a coach that isn't afraid of confronting a player when he screws up. But I'm a little old school. After all, my favorite coach is Bobby Knight.

Chiefster
09-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Really? Get lost fader.

The site makes revenue, but I won't be quitting my day job as many of you have figured out. That is why I am not on here as much as I'd like.

The revenue pays for hosting costs, costs of scripts like vbulletin(forum (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/index.php)), paying people to write fresh content(articles (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/announcement.php?a=20)), paying for logos/headers/t-shirts to be designed, giving away tickets to games(here (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6110&highlight=tickets)), giving away t-shirts(here (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628&highlight=t-shirt) and here (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7573&highlight=t-shirt) and here (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3198&highlight=t-shirt)) and jerseys, fantasy football contests, pick em contests, and a bunch of other things that I can't recall off the top of my head.
At the end of the day, this site is an expensive hobby for me, but very rewarding most of the time. I use the ads primarily on the front page where our regular users spend very little time. This allows the "visitors"(mainly from search engines) to pay for the contests that the members(you) can win. It's a balance of running ads so that I can give away stuff while trying to make sure that they don't become intrusive.

So you are correct, this site does create revenue. The more, the merrier for all of us.

I too enjoy seeing a coach that isn't afraid of confronting a player when he screws up. But I'm a little old school. After all, my favorite coach is Bobby Knight.

He was so mild manored(sp). :D

Coach
09-16-2009, 12:19 AM
He was so mild manored(sp). :D
I would post a link to my favorite Bobby Knight speech, but I would get an infraction.
:lol:

But if a person were to visit www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com) and do a search for Bobby Knight, the first clip that shows up is my favorite. It is definitely rated "R", and is littered with cursewords, so buyer beware. Reminds me of my high school basketball coach.

Chiefster
09-16-2009, 12:22 AM
I would post a link to my favorite Bobby Knight speech, but I would get an infraction.

Just right after you ban me. :D

Coach
09-16-2009, 02:13 AM
chiefster as to reply to your really weak arguement that we dont pay so we cant say what we want.. You didnt pay any of the people who founded the bill of rights.. the constitution or any of the amendments.. so do u agree you dont have freedom of speech? And for the person who has the "ten year old sister" over his shoulder that is on you not us posting. The Internet holds way worse than a Gif of hailey giving it to brody.. Id tell you what id think of your intelligence but id prob get another infraction. God knows ive gotten countless ones of those because of some WORDS that make peoples internet feelings get butt hurt. Its simple dont like bad words or offensive things then stay inside the rest of your life... LIFE IS OFFENSIVE!

Amazing.:lamende:

Chiefster
09-16-2009, 02:21 AM

Truly!

m0ef0e
09-16-2009, 12:04 PM

:lol: I didn't see that post by Church. Kinda ironic but I guess it totally makes sense that the guy who won't get off his high horse to help his community cuz they're just a bunch of alcoholic pothead pieces of crap gets on a soapbox about freedom of speech in relation to cussing on the internet... :lol:

He's right tho, this is America where we do have freedom of speech so I can say:

church makes me rofl, now pass me a beer and a bong! :drunkhb: :SmokinBanana:

yashi
09-16-2009, 12:09 PM
What an interesting thread this has become. :D

chief31
09-16-2009, 12:31 PM
chiefster as to reply to your really weak arguement that we dont pay so we cant say what we want.. You didnt pay any of the people who founded the bill of rights.. the constitution or any of the amendments.. so do u agree you dont have freedom of speech? And for the person who has the "ten year old sister" over his shoulder that is on you not us posting. The Internet holds way worse than a Gif of hailey giving it to brody.. Id tell you what id think of your intelligence but id prob get another infraction. God knows ive gotten countless ones of those because of some WORDS that make peoples internet feelings get butt hurt. Its simple dont like bad words or offensive things then stay inside the rest of your life... LIFE IS OFFENSIVE!

You became offended by my words when I made reference to your actions, as they pertain to your religious beliefs.

You are far from above it all, as you portray yourself to be.

As far as the comparison of this website and The United States of America go....

Someone owns this site and allows you to participate, within their guidlines, if you wish. The country belongs to all of the citizens.

Are you part owner of Chiefscrowd.com?

And you were right about one thing. It is simple.

But, if you don't like "bad words" or offensive things, then there are people and places that will share that sentiment and will not allow it.

Just like if you don't like The Oakland Raiders, there will be people and places that share that sentiment.

How about if you go see how many people share your sentiment of how Church_backfield is the double Uber Burger with extra 'Leet sauce, and join in what is sure to be a thriving community of like-minded people.

Enjoy yourself. :D

wichitaj
09-16-2009, 02:49 PM
What an interesting thread this has become. :D

If i wanted to see a bunch of idiots fight, i'd watch jon and kate plust 8 !!

Here's a little tip for all of you that don't like the rules....there are over a billion websites on the internet, go find another one!!

sorry if i'm speaking out of turn, i think i'm still a little in noobsville, but i'm trying hard to get to know things better!!

PawnshopMarimba
09-18-2009, 04:03 AM
I too use a "curse word" in almost every sentence in real life.

But there is a variety of different websites around. Plenty of Chiefs websites, even. And if none of them allow the kind of language that we are discussing, then you could always start your own site, with whatever rules you choose.

Since this is Coah's site, he makes the rules. Much like if he were to ask that noone smoke in his car, or scream in his home.

We are visiting his site. We just need to respect his rules.

Now, if it were someone's home, and they said "No 'curse words' in my home", I would probably have to leave.

Not because I choose to not obey the rule. It's because "what the ****'s going on?" doesn't have the backspace option in speech. But it is so easy to edit in type.

Peoples' choices of rules for THEIR home,Their restaraunt, THEIR car and THEIR website is... THEIRS.

Just because the website is "open to the public" does not mean that it belongs to the public. It is still privately owned.

Even if we were paying for membership, we are still guests.

Now, as I said above, I agree with sentiment of the quoted post. The words only mean whatever the user intended it to mean. ("What the ****'s going on?" = "What the heck's going on?")

I think the reason that the rules are employed here, is because one misunderstanding of the intent can breed the kind of atmosphere that is unwanted here.

And, as anyone who uses "curse words" regularly knows, that happens alot. Especially in heated debates.

So, as opposed to trying to police who misinterpreted what, (Like that doesn't already happen enough around here) the line can be drawn much more clearly at the well-known "curse words" point.

Rep for the logic, though, Pawn.

Sorry for the late response, but yeah, I get where you're coming from. I both understand and respect the concept of "house rules", which is why I haven't adamantly pursued this conquest; I just put my two cents in and made sure to retain a respectful tone while doing so. All in all, I value this community more than I value the ability to "effectively" emote in said community. :D

I also understand the Pandora's Box that could easily be opened by uncensored chat. People start dropping F bombs with regularity, and pretty soon some inevitable idiot starts lobbing out the "N word" with precisely no discretion whatsoever. Mass chaos and a bad reputation for the site promptly ensues.

Coach
09-18-2009, 11:46 PM
I also understand the Pandora's Box that could easily be opened by uncensored chat. People start dropping F bombs with regularity, and pretty soon some inevitable idiot starts lobbing out the "N word" with precisely no discretion whatsoever. Mass chaos and a bad reputation for the site promptly ensues.

Bingo. Thanks for your understanding.

julejules
09-19-2009, 02:15 PM
If we didn't have any kind of censorship this site wouldn't be the site it is. It is a site where all chiefs fans can get together and voice their opinions about things.
Talking all poopie mouth is disrespectful to the other members as well as to all the other people that are looking for a site about the chiefs, if there was no censorship most visitors would never come back because they see how it didn't care about how visitors think about this site.
It comes down to respect. Kudos to Coach for wanting to have a respectable site.

Canada
09-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Coach is a poopie mouth too ya know!!

hardcorechiefsfan
09-19-2009, 07:06 PM