PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs sign WR Bobby Wade

yashi
09-14-2009, 07:37 PM
http://twitter.com/mortreport

Bobby Wade to Chiefs. Colts were interested, not Titans.

Good move! He can return punts immediately and improves our WR corps also.

stricken721
09-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Very good move. :bananen_smilies046: Like you said, it definitely adds depth at WR.

McLovin
09-14-2009, 07:41 PM
anyone ever remember Herm bringing someone in the day after a game. If no one got hurt I dont even remember him ever going after people during the season, but hate filled my eyes for his tenure so I may have missed it.

mwoolsey
09-14-2009, 07:42 PM
AWESOME! #19 returns...

McLovin
09-14-2009, 07:43 PM
AWESOME! #19 returns...

Wow we picked up a free agent fan in the deal.

matthewschiefs
09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Think this helps the chiefs alot more then some think GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

imcorrect
09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Who did we release?

yashi
09-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Scouts Inc. on Wade. As I was saying the other day, he sounds a lot like a younger Bobby Engram.

Wade has been the Vikings' most consistent receiver since coming over from the Titans in 2007. He is excellent at running short and intermediate routes with instincts to finds voids. Wade has great lateral agility, quickness and balance to get enough separation. He has courage and concentration in traffic as well as excellent hands to make the tough grab. He isn't an explosive athlete, possessing only average strength and speed. He is a limited receiver but is able to move the chains.

pbatrucker
09-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Good pickup, Gives us someone to go over the middle and move the chains.

Pro_Angler
09-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Recently Cut Bobby Wade has a Chiefs*Connection - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/9/10/1024494/recently-cut-bobby-wade-has-a)

Kinda forseen...lol nice pick up
lasy year alone he fumbles twice in the 53 receptions for 645 yds and 2 td's

I guess when he ws released peterson and Barrian wasnt too happy either..
Bobby Wade Profile - Minnesota Vikings - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4597)

Pro_Angler
09-14-2009, 09:26 PM
"He also has some punt return skills, but probably shouldn't be thought of as anybody's long-term solution in that category

honda522
09-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Sweet.

Stumplifter
09-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Re: Herm

but hate filled my eyes for his tenure so I may have missed it.

:funnypost:

McLovin
09-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Who did we release?
Looks like we released Croyle, thats a relief. Now maybe we can move on.

DT14PRIEST
09-14-2009, 10:29 PM

we didn't release croyle

McLovin
09-14-2009, 10:30 PM
we didn't release croyle
Come on don't wake me up yet this is a wonderful dream.

jason1981
09-14-2009, 10:33 PM

So childish with this stupid fasle statement. Grow up. Croyle actually did well and was better then anyone expected.

McLovin
09-14-2009, 10:59 PM
So childish with this stupid fasle statement. Grow up. Croyle actually did well and was better then anyone expected.
Not so much I expected him to do absolutely nothing. 22nd ranked passer out of 28, no first down till near the second half. Inability to stay on the field. A bunch of three and outs. I could have put up no numbers and not had a turn over while wetting my pants. What I dont think I could have done, was look that lost in the last sequence of plays, that took talent to go down on 4 plays in a row like that. But it is ok Hermie still loves him.

He did however make sure that Colquitt got playing time, in the short time the O was on the field Colquitt got to come out and punt 5 times and we were 1-2 on 4th down plays. I don't remember the exact numbers but third down conversions were also way low.

I can say Croyle did come back and play good most of the second half (where his good numbers came from). But the last 2 minutes are where QBs are made, and he failed miserably, also you have to be consistant and his first half was miserable and actualyl got benched before finally starting to play well.

obsessed
09-15-2009, 12:13 AM
he was the 3rd ranked passer in QB% which is what the go on, yards are too subjective to be a good basis.

NFL Stats: by Player Category (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2009&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go)

McLovin
09-15-2009, 12:16 AM
he was the 3rd ranked passer in QB% which is what the go on, yards are too subjective to be a good basis.

NFL Stats: by Player Category (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2009&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go)
May be what you go on but I prefer third down conversions and actual production. I do admit I am happy he didnt throw a pic against a good Ravens D.

josh1971
09-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Not so much I expected him to do absolutely nothing. 22nd ranked passer out of 28, no first down till near the second half. Inability to stay on the field. A bunch of three and outs. I could have put up no numbers and not had a turn over while wetting my pants. What I dont think I could have done, was look that lost in the last sequence of plays, that took talent to go down on 4 plays in a row like that. But it is ok Hermie still loves him.

He did however make sure that Colquitt got playing time, in the short time the O was on the field Colquitt got to come out and punt 5 times and we were 1-2 on 4th down plays. I don't remember the exact numbers but third down conversions were also way low.

I can say Croyle did come back and play good most of the second half (where his good numbers came from). But the last 2 minutes are where QBs are made, and he failed miserably, also you have to be consistant and his first half was miserable and actualyl got benched before finally starting to play well.

Once again with the whining. You don't think that maybe, possibly, just by some slim chance, that perhaps the offensive line was the reason we didn't have a first down for so long, do you? I mean, when you look at the rushing yards and yards per carry, does that say anything to you about why we were so ineffective in the first place?

Consistent... let's see if he plays again if he's consistent. He's played in ONE game this season, and really- he's the backup. For a backup, I think he played really well. YOU may not think it's that big of a deal that he didn't turn the ball over, but that's huge in the game of football. I don't give a flying *&$^$ if he's the 22nd ranked passer out of 28- that's a stat. What I was disappointed in is that we didn't win the game- but that could hardly be placed on Croyle's shoulders. Again- O-line gets my poop-burger for that.

Let me guess what you'd be saying about Croyle if we'd won.

As for your assertion that you could have played an entire half of NFL football as well as Brodie Croyle did this past Sunday? I would *love* for you to play a single series against the Baltimore D, sir.

jb

Hayvern
09-15-2009, 12:22 AM
May be what you go on but I prefer third down conversions and actual production. I do admit I am happy he didnt throw a pic against a good Ravens D.

Well yeah, the fact his interceptions were low. The single thing that impressed me the most with Croyle by far is the fact that he was able to play the whole game (aside from 2 plays) and did NOT get injured.

Have to consider that a huge success for the kid!!!

josh1971
09-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Well yeah, the fact his interceptions were low. The single thing that impressed me the most with Croyle by far is the fact that he was able to play the whole game (aside from 2 plays) and did NOT get injured.

Have to consider that a huge success for the kid!!!

That is true- I thought he played really well Sunday, but it was quite a feat for him to stay unbroken for 4 quarters.

Any wonder, with how fragile he is, why he was so nervous behind our line?

jb

McLovin
09-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Once again with the whining. You don't think that maybe, possibly, just by some slim chance, that perhaps the offensive line was the reason we didn't have a first down for so long, do you? I mean, when you look at the rushing yards and yards per carry, does that say anything to you about why we were so ineffective in the first place?

Consistent... let's see if he plays again if he's consistent. He's played in ONE game this season, and really- he's the backup. For a backup, I think he played really well. YOU may not think it's that big of a deal that he didn't turn the ball over, but that's huge in the game of football. I don't give a flying *&$^$ if he's the 22nd ranked passer out of 28- that's a stat. What I was disappointed in is that we didn't win the game- but that could hardly be placed on Croyle's shoulders. Again- O-line gets my poop-burger for that.

Let me guess what you'd be saying about Croyle if we'd won.

As for your assertion that you could have played an entire half of NFL football as well as Brodie Croyle did this past Sunday? I would *love* for you to play a single series against the Baltimore D, sir.

jb

If we would have won, which wasn't far from reality, I would have still said he had a miserable first half, he had a better second half (I even think pretty good second half) and then I would give the fact that they won to Haley/Pioli good teams find a way to win. Even though they lost I feel the exact same way. I have said over and over we didn't lose this game due to Brodie, but he also did nothing to win this game. He played not to lose, that is a Hermie way of thinking, I am tired of that.

I did see several times where it was obvious that we were playing more aggressive I just saw the play with Croyle was playing safe. Maybe this was a product of the play calling but I just didnt see that.

captainamerica
09-15-2009, 12:49 AM
Who got released? Quinten Lawrence? Jake O'Connell? Matt Gutierrez?

McLovin
09-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Chiefs expected to sign veteran receiver Bobby Wade - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1446631.html)

Don't believe he is completely signed yet, I am hoping for Lawrence to be released - moved to practice squad.
I don't think it will be Gutie, and I really hope not, I think he is raw and unrefined but can end up being a great backup. Plus he has the Patriot connection so I don't think he will be the first QB cut. For some reason Thiggy is in the doghouse so I could possibly see him being cut before Gutie.

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 01:21 AM
I think there is enough blame to go around for the loss and the lack of "consistent" production. Croyle did some things right and he did some things wrong; the loss is not entirely his fault. It is a team sport; they win and lose as a team. This was not Croyle's loss; it was the Chiefs loss.

Just my two cents.

McLovin
09-15-2009, 01:27 AM
I think there is enough blame to go around for the loss and the lack of "consistent" production. Croyle did some things right and he did some things wrong; the loss is not entirely his fault. It is a team sport; they win and lose as a team. This was not Croyle's loss; it was the Chiefs loss.

Just my two cents.
... This

Was that correct form?

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 01:33 AM
... This

Was that correct form?

It is in deed sir! :sign0098:

Seek
09-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Regardless of how well he played. He is still 0-9 as a starter. Everything I have seen of Croyle is that he is good enough to not lose a game, but not good enough to win one.

When you really need him to make a play, he over throws it.

Yeah, I know the offensive line is horrific, but he has done nothing, and I mean nothing to make me feel like he gives us a chance to win.

He is what he is. A backup...

yashi
09-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Why are we talking about Croyle in every freaking thread? This is supposed to be about Bobby Wade.

m0ef0e
09-15-2009, 12:57 PM
hope he can help us beat the crap outta jokeland.

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Why are we talking about Croyle in every freaking thread? This is supposed to be about Bobby Wade.

Yup; let's stay on topic.

jason1981
09-15-2009, 02:46 PM
well we can talk about wade or croyle all we want but all our problems lie with our O-line. If we had just a little bit of an O-line we would have won that game. We could have used a running game. I don't see wade making that much of a difference.

m0ef0e
09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Can we cut a few guys from the o-line and just sign a bulldozer?

jason1981
09-15-2009, 04:44 PM
it doesnt appear that we are shopping for o-line. lets just hope they can fix the problem. we do have alot of new lineman that havent worked together. So maybe with some more time they can start to gell togther. i dont think were going to have a choice but to hope.

stricken721
09-15-2009, 04:47 PM
The Chiefs released Turk McBride to make room for Wade.

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 04:52 PM
well we can talk about wade or croyle all we want but all our problems lie with our O-line. If we had just a little bit of an O-line we would have won that game. We could have used a running game. I don't see wade making that much of a difference.

+rep

I agree 1000%

But one thing about wade (as someone else pointed out) is that he will do return work....so I hope he makes a difference.....I just wish we would've spent some of the 7 million bux we have left on the O-line a while ago rather than scrambling around now...

yashi
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
The Chiefs released Turk McBride to make room for Wade.

Good. I always hated Turk for some reason. He seems completely slow and a terrible fit for the 3-4, moreso than anyone else on the team.

rcgamer
09-15-2009, 06:32 PM
How many of Herms "great" picks have been released now?

And signing B. Wade was a great move. I can't believe the Vikings released him.

josh1971
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM
How many of Herms "great" picks have been released now?

And signing B. Wade was a great move. I can't believe the Vikings released him.

According to that posted link, neither could a lot of the Vikings.

Coach
09-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Who did we release?

Who got released? Quinten Lawrence? Jake O'Connell? Matt Gutierrez?

Chiefs released Turk McBride. Thanks Stricken for finding the info.

McLovin
09-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I heard this on the way home, but was looking for it here before I posted.

On Sirius NFL Radio they were talking about it (slightly) and said he will be picked up quick by a 4-3 team where he belongs. Personally from what I have seen from him, his lack of motivation and lack of good plays. I think he belongs at Schnucks .... bagging groceries. He wasn't even a regular starter on Smilin Herms team.

yashi
09-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I heard this on the way home, but was looking for it here before I posted.

On Sirius NFL Radio they were talking about it (slightly) and said he will be picked up quick by a 4-3 team where he belongs. Personally from what I have seen from him, his lack of motivation and lack of good plays. I think he belongs at Schnucks .... bagging groceries. He wasn't even a regular starter on Smilin Herms team.

I think he will catch on with Gunther in Detroit.. but the guy will be lucky if he can even be a backup. He really hasn't shown anything whatsoever at any point in his career. Huge bust as a 2nd round pick.

jason1981
09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
well he has been injured alot.

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 11:39 PM

Turk, we hardly knew thee.

stricken721
09-15-2009, 11:41 PM

No problem. Thanks for the rep :bananen_smilies046: