PDA

View Full Version : Hank Baskett

honda522
09-14-2009, 11:20 PM
I thought I read on ESPN scrolling bar that Hank was cut from the eagles to make room for Jeff Garcia.

Can you say Deep Threat? Atleast from what I have seen.

YouTube - The Philadelphia Eagles New Hero In Philly!

I think we should dump Lawrence and pick him up.

McLovin
09-14-2009, 11:37 PM
I thought I read on ESPN scrolling bar that Hank was cut from the eagles to make room for Jeff Garcia.

Can you say Deep Threat? Atleast from what I have seen.

YouTube - The Philadelphia Eagles New Hero In Philly! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLKICHBCj_s)

I think we should dump Lawrence and pick him up.
I would be ok with dumping Lawrence to pick him up, but other then he is married to Kendra I dont think he has much going for him.
I have heard the one well known catch he had was one of his few. But then I dont know much about him.

matthewschiefs
09-14-2009, 11:40 PM
It would be help i think not sure hes better then what the chiefs have but i would not be oppsoed to bringing him in.

honda522
09-14-2009, 11:46 PM
I would be ok with dumping Lawrence to pick him up, but other then he is married to Kendra I dont think he has much going for him.
I have heard the one well known catch he had was one of his few. But then I dont know much about him.
I've seen more than one nice Catch. Doesn't look like they through to him much. He has speed though and thats what Chiefs WR lack.

Hank Baskett - Philadelphia Eagles - Career Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8010/career;_ylt=AnNUuCT7OKbKc4Fd6C2YFwX.uLYF)

obsessed
09-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Forget Baskett, GET RUNYUN YESTERDAY lol. It doesn't matter how fast a receiver is if the QB has 1 second to throw the ball from the snap.

josh1971
09-15-2009, 12:30 AM
I agree with that- until our QB gets time to throw, or our running game can generate some yards, getting (another) receiver seems like a bad idea.

McLovin
09-15-2009, 12:45 AM
I agree with that- until our QB gets time to throw, or our running game can generate some yards, getting (another) receiver seems like a bad idea.
Especially if we really did sign Bobby Wade as has been mentioned. And now is on kansascity.com.

Chiefs expected to sign veteran receiver Bobby Wade - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1446631.html)

josh1971
09-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Especially if we really did sign Bobby Wade as has been mentioned. And now is on kansascity.com.

Chiefs expected to sign veteran receiver Bobby Wade - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1446631.html)

Definitely- if we signed Wade, we need to concentrate on building a wall in front of the QB.

jb

lucky_lefty
09-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Bobby Wade? That guy couldn't even crack the Vikes line up this season and their WR corps is horrible....Baskett would've been the better pick up IMO....Marvin "Handgun" Harrison is still out there, I think he'd be worth a shot

jtandcrew
09-15-2009, 02:20 AM
TBH? if we were looking for a speedy WR then why did we cut Lelie other than he hasnt proved anything since his first year in Denver? If I remember right Haley was talking real high praise about Lelie and about how he brings alot of speed and a diffrent type of WR to the team. He's cut now but dont really think that a speedy WR is what we are needing right now when we already had one.:bananen_smilies046:

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 03:46 AM
Yah let's add some more receivers...meanwhile our O-line lets more guys in than Paris Hilton.

doobs_05
09-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Yah let's add some more receivers...meanwhile our O-line lets more guys in than Paris Hilton.

lol:funnypost: :lol: :yahoo:

Canada
09-15-2009, 08:33 AM

So we ignore the problems everywhere else? Is that so when the O line is fixed u will still have somethnig to b!tch about? We get it, the O line sucks. Does that mean we should not address any other issues?

honda522
09-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Hey now, if you have a F/A that would help out your team even if you didn't need him that bad you should take it.

It's like taking advantage of a sale on something you might need later.

yashi
09-15-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't think Baskett is necessarily any better than Bradley. I think we should concentrate on signing Runyan or Walker right now. Bowe, Engram, Wade, and Bradley is enough talent at WR to get us through this year.

brish
09-15-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't think Baskett is necessarily any better than Bradley. I think we should concentrate on signing Runyan or Walker right now. Bowe, Engram, Wade, and Bradley is enough talent at WR to get us through this year.

Agreed, I think Wade is an upgrade to Copper / Lawrence.
I think we might see him in the return game too, Pioli loves to get guys who can do more than one thing.

pbatrucker
09-15-2009, 09:52 AM
IMO Wade becomes ou #2 receiver. Bradley just doesn't grasp moving the chains. Ingram hasn't shown much and forget the rest.
Now let's focus on Runyon, although IMO he will sign with the Eagles.
How bad can Trausher and Jones be physically in that no one has signed them?
It will be interesting to see who is working at RT today. I'm beginning to see why the Chargers released Goff, his talent has really declined, although he is better than what we had last year.

yashi
09-15-2009, 09:54 AM
IMO Wade becomes ou #2 receiver. Bradley just doesn't grasp moving the chains. Ingram hasn't shown much and forget the rest.
Now let's focus on Runyon, although IMO he will sign with the Eagles.
How bad can Trausher and Jones be physically in that no one has signed them?
It will be interesting to see who is working at RT today. I'm beginning to see why the Chargers released Goff, his talent has really declined, although he is better than what we had last year.

I think one thing is certain. Solidifying the right side of the line will be priority #1 this offseason.

pbatrucker
09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
I think one thing is certain. Solidifying the right side of the line will be priority #1 this offseason.
God I hope so. We still need so much. At least two OL and LB's, A good WR and return man and hopefully Cody to fill the middle.

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 11:37 AM
So we ignore the problems everywhere else? Is that so when the O line is fixed u will still have somethnig to b!tch about? We get it, the O line sucks. Does that mean we should not address any other issues?

According to you, everything posted here is irrelevant....Therefore there is nothing I can say to you that has any meaning. Everything you say also has no meaning.

Canada
09-15-2009, 11:40 AM
According to you, everything posted here is irrelevant....Therefore there is nothing I can say to you that has any meaning. Everything you say also has no meaning.

Are you seriously retarded or just a 12 year old?

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 11:41 AM

I agree with this...It is pretty hard to see how adding WR's is going to help when we barely have time to drop back in the pocket...I mean if we can add someone young and talented, I wouldn't be upset but it isn't like it will help us that much in the near future (against the Raiders this week).

If we are going to finish better than 4-12 It all starts RIGHT now against the Raiders.

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Are you seriously retarded or just a 12 year old?

You are obviously a poorly educated person, with too much time on your hands...But let me explain this to you...

We were in an argument, and rather than talk about the facts, you decided to say this:

Its irrelevant what anyones opinion is on this board.

You see, when you say that, it means that regardless what anyone says you just bury your head in the sand and say it is irrelevant...

Then to top it all off you call me retarded for quoting you? Why? Do you forget what you type from day to day? Or are you just angry that you have wasted your life posting over 10,000 IRRELEVANT posts? If everything here is so irrelevant, please stop responding to me..Otherwise you prove yourself wrong YET AGAIN. If I truly was irrelevant to you, you wouldnt be responding to me. So either YOU are the retard, or just don't know what words mean.

Canada
09-15-2009, 12:09 PM
You are obviously a poorly educated person, with too much time on your hands...But let me explain this to you...

We were in an argument, and rather than talk about the facts, you decided to say this:

You see, when you say that, it means that regardless what anyone says you just bury your head in the sand and say it is irrelevant...

Then to top it all off you call me retarded for quoting you? Why? Do you forget what you type from day to day? Or are you just angry that you have wasted your life posting over 10,000 IRRELEVANT posts? If everything here is so irrelevant, please stop responding to me..Otherwise you prove yourself wrong YET AGAIN. If I truly was irrelevant to you, you wouldnt be responding to me. So either YOU are the retard, or just don't know what words mean.

If you are going to quote someone don;t do it out of contest. I believe I first stated

"Im just messin with ya man. The whole team did not play all that well. Sure, Brodie coulda been better, coulda been worse. Whether u think he could have done better or not is irrelevnt. Fact is there were way worse problems out there than Brodie. :bananen_smilies046:

The irrelevant factor being that you opinion, my opinion, Chiefsters opinion, Bikes opinon are irrelevant in what is going on with the Kansas City Chiefs.

If you can't chill out and relax thats your wn problem but dont lash out at the world just because people don't agree with you on Brodie Croyles performance.

As far as wasting my life with 10, 000 posts,I have been a member here a lot longer than you. I post an average of 12 posts a day. Hardly a major endeavour. I know it is difficult for the likes of you to come up with 12 intelligent or interesting things to say in a day, but some of us can come on from time to time, post a couple of things, read a couple of things and then go on with our days. :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
09-15-2009, 12:10 PM
They cut him to make room for Garcia?! They already have McNabb (hurt) and Vick (suspended). So I guess this was to get them thru the first part of the season, maybe? Once, all those guys are healthy and reinstated, the Eagles have the deepest QB corps in the league. All 3 guys are starters somewhere in the league. Andy Reid will be like a kid in a candy store with his pass-happy self... :)

Canada
09-15-2009, 12:11 PM
You are obviously a poorly educated person

Yeah,becasue a highly educated person would clearly need to start out a post like this. :sign0098:

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Please present your arguments respectfully. I'm not trying to be the hall monitor here I just don't want this to turn into a flame war. Recent posts here are coming dangerously close to crossing a line.

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 12:13 PM
If you are going to quote someone don;t do it out of contest. I believe I first stated

"Im just messin with ya man. The whole team did not play all that well. Sure, Brodie coulda been better, coulda been worse. Whether u think he could have done better or not is irrelevnt. Fact is there were way worse problems out there than Brodie. :bananen_smilies046:

The irrelevant factor being that you opinion, my opinion, Chiefsters opinion, Bikes opinon are irrelevant in what is going on with the Kansas City Chiefs.

If you can't chill out and relax thats your wn problem but dont lash out at the world just because people don't agree with you on Brodie Croyles performance.

As far as wasting my life with 10, 000 posts,I have been a member here a lot longer than you. I post an average of 12 posts a day. Hardly a major endeavour. I know it is difficult for the likes of you to come up with 12 intelligent or interesting things to say in a day, but some of us can come on from time to time, post a couple of things, read a couple of things and then go on with our days. :bananen_smilies046:

This...:sign0098:

yashi
09-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Can you guys argue in private messages or something... I want to read about the Chiefs, not watch Real World Chiefscrowd.

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 12:20 PM
What I am saying is that if everyone's opinion is "irrelevant" to what is going on with the Chiefs why would you bother reading all of them or posting?

It doesn't seem like a very logical position to take when you have made 10,000 posts yourself...

Without people stating their opinions and making arguments, this place would be boring...

If you just say 'your opinion is irrelevant' every single time someone argues with you, or every time someone has some kind of idea or suggestion for the team....What is the point of that?

That is what I am trying to say....Of course I don't think the staff of the Chiefs is going to sift through these posts and make any changes based on what I or anyone else here says.....But that doesn't make what I say (or anyone else here says) irrelevant or untrue.

As far as you having interesting things to say, I haven't even read one..let alone 10,000 so if you think everything you say is interesting but everyone else is irrelevant, you are dead wrong.

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Can you guys argue in private messages or something... I want to read about the Chiefs, not watch Real World Chiefscrowd.

+REP

Thanks, I agree

Lets take this to private...If there is an ignore button just use it on me and I'll do likewise Canada.

m0ef0e
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
lol, my post got buried...

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 12:24 PM
+REP

Thanks, I agree

Lets take this to private...If there is an ignore button just use it on me and I'll do likewise Canada.

There is an ignore button in the left hand panel of your User CP.

KC Maniac
09-15-2009, 12:25 PM
thx Chiefster, you da man

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 12:27 PM
thx Chiefster, you da man

No problem. :)

yashi
09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
They cut him to make room for Garcia?! They already have McNabb (hurt) and Vick (suspended). So I guess this was to get them thru the first part of the season, maybe? Once, all those guys are healthy and reinstated, the Eagles have the deepest QB corps in the league. All 3 guys are starters somewhere in the league. Andy Reid will be like a kid in a candy store with his pass-happy self... :)

I don't really have anything important to say (I'm mainly replying so your post doesn't fade into oblivion), although I don't think Vick is anywhere close to being ready to start at QB, and nobody really went after Garcia when he was available. I think he was picked up because he knows the offense well and is proven in the west coast scheme.

m0ef0e
09-15-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't really have anything important to say (I'm mainly replying so your post doesn't fade into oblivion), although I don't think Vick is anywhere close to being ready to start at QB, and nobody really went after Garcia when he was available. I think he was picked up because he knows the offense well and is proven in the west coast scheme.

Exactly, he already knows the Eagles' system and with McNabb hurt, (fractured rib) he could miss Sunday's game against the Saints. If Donovan does play, he will be in pain and the Eagles need an insurance policy with only 2 active QB's until Vick is eligible (Kolb and McNabb).

Really a good move by the Eagles. I just wonder what they will do after Vick's suspension is up. I don't know that they would move Kolb down to the practice squad cuz Phi's coaching staff is really high on the kid but I don't see them keeping 4 QB's active for the rest of the season, either. Garcia is the emergency QB so I guess since Kolb is the no. 2 and Vick will be the no. 3/wilcat guy or w/e... then, they may just tell Garcia thanks and send him packing or to the practice squad. Who knows.

Eagles D dropped 42 fantasy points on one of my leagues this week, btw. Wow!

Coach
09-15-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm beginning to see why the Chargers released Goff, his talent has really declined, although he is better than what we had last year.
I agree. Goff has been a huge disappointment.

I want to read about the Chiefs, not watch Real World Chiefscrowd.

Real World ChiefsCrowd. That has a ring to it. Maybe that will be my next project. 8 members will be forced to live together and do nothing but watch Chiefs games. Any volunteers.

+REP

Thanks, I agree

Thanks for using it. Please keep on topic.
______

I agree with earlier posters that after signing Wade, focusing on improving the o-line will improve this team more than anything right now.

I am excited that Pioli/Haley aren't afraid of making moves to try to improve this team. That is all we can ask as fans IMO. Not all of their moves will work(Toomer, Lelie), but at least they are trying.

Bike
09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
I really think we got Wade to be our kick returner notasmuch as wr but he could definetly be called upon there as well. Good p/u imo and because of this don't think we will entertain Basket. I know we need ol help as does everybody and we did p/u Colin Brown middraft and was curious if he is that raw still that we can't throw him in there or was this a mistake...

Chiefster
09-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Real World ChiefsCrowd. That has a ring to it. Maybe that will be my next project. 8 members will be forced to live together and do nothing but watch Chiefs games. Any volunteers...

:lol::lol::lol:

doobs_05
09-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Hey whats up i'm Dan i'm from montana. I guess you can call me laid back. When i drink i become loud and really friendly. What can i say i love the ladies and........wait this isn't the audtion for real world chiefscrowd??

Canada
09-16-2009, 07:50 AM
I think im too quiet to be on Realworld ChiefsCrowd!!

doobs_05
09-17-2009, 02:50 AM
I think im too quiet to be on Realworld ChiefsCrowd!!

they always need the quiet person

AkChief49
09-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Colts catching Baskett

Posted by Mike Florio on September 17, 2009 8:37 AM ET
To little surprise, no one put in a waiver claim for former Eagles receiver Hank Baskett and his $1.545 million base salary in 2009.

And, to even less surprise, the Colts have landed Baskett (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4480266) as a free agent, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

The Colts have obvious needs at the position, given the loss of Anthony Gonzalez to a knee
injury.

That said, it's always difficult for a receiver to make an impact on a new team with a new offense when added to a train that's already rolling.

It's likely even harder when the receiver in question is a guy who has averaged less than 350 receiving yards per season during a three-year career.