honda522
09-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Did you ever play football on a team?

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah in grade school, but it didn't last. :(

matthewschiefs
09-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Jr high and high school for a year. Broke my damn ankle moved to anther school that did not have a football team till the year after i graduated. ya that sucked.

Canada
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
DE All through high school

m0ef0e
09-15-2009, 01:23 PM
WR/CB/S

7th grade thru sophomore year in HS.

pbatrucker
09-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Yep!! OT, TE, DT, MLB. even played a couple of years of semi pro ball.

stricken721
09-15-2009, 02:32 PM
RT both 7th and 8th grade

Canada
09-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I wrestled Stricken and kicked his A$$!!

stricken721
09-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I wrestled Stricken and kicked his A$$!!

Only cause I stole beer. :lol:

tornadospotter
09-15-2009, 05:08 PM
RB, QB, and CB Junior High thru High School.

YZILLA
09-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Full back , DE , LB and even Kicker ( you name it I played it ) from 8th grade through High school on a 9 man football team . I played both ways from 9th -12th grade . Now Im lucky if I can run down the block -lol

Vanilla Garilla
09-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Defensive End and Tight End through Junior high and most of high school.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2009, 01:59 AM
I wont vote cos I might or might not play when I turn 16!

:bananen_smilies046::yahoo:

AkChief49
09-16-2009, 02:46 AM
9yrs.old through to 2 yrs.college ball

doobs_05
09-16-2009, 03:34 AM
DE and TE freshman year through sophmore year then the coaches didn't make it fun anymore for me

AkChief49
09-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Did you ever play football on a team?
how about you?

chief31
09-16-2009, 11:40 AM
How about this combo...

WR, HB and...... ROT. :lol:

Canada
09-16-2009, 11:59 AM
How about this combo...

WR, HB and...... ROT. :lol:

Whatever, grab me a drink waterboy!! :bananen_smilies046:

chiefsfreak4life
09-16-2009, 09:49 PM
I wanted to play very badly, and my dad wanted me to play as well, but my mom wouldn't let me, since I am a girl. In the early '80's it was not very accepted!! My dad said I was bigger than most the guys (which I was) and that I knew more about football then most as well. Needless to say, mom won. But I still rode the team bus my junior and senior years, and was on the sidelines as I kept stats and helped with equipment. After my first year, I gave the coach my summary of the stats for the year, offense and defense. He told me he had never had a breakdown of everything like I did before.:D

honda522
09-16-2009, 11:35 PM
I wanted to play very badly, and my dad wanted me to play as well, but my mom wouldn't let me, since I am a girl. In the early '80's it was not very accepted!! My dad said I was bigger than most the guys (which I was) and that I knew more about football then most as well. Needless to say, mom won. But I still rode the team bus my junior and senior years, and was on the sidelines as I kept stats and helped with equipment. After my first year, I gave the coach my summary of the stats for the year, offense and defense. He told me he had never had a breakdown of everything like I did before.:D
:o I didn't realize you were a girl.

honda522
09-16-2009, 11:55 PM
how about you?
Of course. I asked this and was hoping everyone would answer. My knowledge of football keeps growing and growing.

I played flag football when I was 9, and never really got into tackle. Me and my friend tried once, but the team was hardcore and the very first practice it was all conditioning. We bailed after the first practice, we had only hoped to actually play. Since we were torchered with running for 3 straight hours we quit.

When highschool came around I signed up. I was on the B team my freshman year. Ofcourse around the same time the coaches son was in the same grade. Then all his friends got the starting spots on the A team. I was on the B team but coaches didn't see much in me since I was the smallest person there. I played DT. I only got in about 14 plays in 8 or so games. After the season I quit. I didn't see a point to be on the practice squad so to speak.

Later, in my senior year, I started talking to the coach. I told him I want to play, but I wanted to play not OP. He promised me I would get to play. I soon took up fullback and played DT too. I was really good for being my size. I am "Darren Sproles sized" :lol:

12 games or what ever it was I only got in on 13 defensive plays. Never on offense. And ever time I was out there, there was always a turnover. 13 plays, 13 turn overs.

I really wanted to play fullback.

Today, I am trying to get on one of those Semi-Pro football teams. The problem is most of them are too far away.

In the years that I have been away from highschool, me and my freind have ran plays, making our own and attemped to get coaching jobs. The problem is no one wants 20 YO guys who have never coached.

Eventually we will find a team...I hope.

Connie Jo
09-17-2009, 01:22 AM

I wanted to play too, but I grew up in the 60's-70's...even less accepted for a girl to play football back then, haha. Best I could do was play the backyard football with my brother & his friends. In school, closest a girl could come to football was cheerleading, which I did do, but would've rather played the game.

I know it's still controversial for girls to play co-ed in schools. My grandson is on a middle school league, and they have a girl in their league...she's damn good too! She's a RB! QUICK and get's right in the thick of all those boys pushing her way through, finding holes!

Chief Tyler
09-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Played LB, TE, and K for a couple years in grade school. I wasn't able to juggle both soccer and football so I went with the one I was better at, and that wasn't football :(

chiefsfreak4life
09-17-2009, 08:07 AM

I get that alot!:lol:

Vanilla Garilla
09-17-2009, 06:47 PM

I get that alot!:lol:

Hopefully not in real life, lmao :P :bananen_smilies046:

chiefsfreak4life
09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Hopefully not in real life, lmao :P :bananen_smilies046:

No I just meant, most members on Chiefs or any football boards and fantasy sports are male, however I am on several boards and play all sports in fantasy. So most of the time, if you are knowledgeable, its assumed you are male!

I grew up the youngest child of an ex coach and huge sports fan. In fact my mother is 79 years old but still goes to the local college football and basketball games (Emporia State University).

Vanilla Garilla
09-17-2009, 08:48 PM
No I just meant, most members on Chiefs or any football boards and fantasy sports are male, however I am on several boards and play all sports in fantasy. So most of the time, if you are knowledgeable, its assumed you are male!

I grew up the youngest child of an ex coach and huge sports fan. In fact my mother is 79 years old but still goes to the local college football and basketball games (Emporia State University).

Oh i know, i was just givin ya some shiite. I think its awesome that your into sports as much as you are!:bananen_smilies046: