PDA

View Full Version : Is this bugging anyone else?

matthewschiefs
09-17-2009, 12:48 PM
I have been watching espn the last few days and listing to sports raido and everytime they talk about the Chiefs raiders game this week they talk how good oakland looked monday. And how much they have improved because they kept San deigo close. Correct me if i am wrong but didnt the chiefs keep Baltimore close up till the end. Add to that baltimore is probley better then san deigo it just is driveing me nuts. hopefuly the chiefs shut up the "experts" this sunday GO CHIEFS.

Three7s
09-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Everyone thinks the Ravens played a bad game, so they aren't talking too much about it, unlike the Chargers, whom are just plain bad. Personally, I thought the Ravens played just fine, their offense looks much more explosive than last year.

honda522
09-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I think we are going to kick the Raiders ***. They don't have a passing offense like the Ravens and I thought we did well against the run.

If we can stop the run I think we will do great.

matthewschiefs
09-17-2009, 01:04 PM
I think we are going to kick the Raiders ***. They don't have a passing offense like the Ravens and I thought we did well against the run.

No the radiers dont have a passing game. Russel is not what he was thought to be. The chiefs run d was good till they got wore down. I dont see the raiders being able to do that.

SIC J
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM

Ravens ran for like 180 yards. Thats good to you?

The key to beating the Raiders is stopping McFadden and forcing Russel to pass. Which we should be able to do.

If the Chiefs lose to the Raiders, I don't think we'll win more than 6 games this season.

loyalchief91
09-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I agree with Sic J totally. If we lose to the Raiders it's going to be another long year. We have a tough schedule. Next we have Philadelphia... ugh

wildcat
09-17-2009, 01:44 PM
What will really be annoying is when we beat the Raiders on Sunday and then the media talks about how bad both teams are, rather than giving KC some credit.

I think we have a long way to go before we are a playoff team, but we should still beat the Raiders at Arrowhead.

matthewschiefs
09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
What will really be annoying is when we beat the Raiders on Sunday and then the media talks about how bad both teams are, rather than giving KC some credit.

I think we have a long way to go before we are a playoff team, but we should still beat the Raiders at Arrowhead.

That will drive me up the wall but the Chiefs should win becuse i think there the better team. The raiders dont have the passing attack to ware down the chiefs d if you look at the ravens early runing game it was well defended it was the big runs late that got the numbers realy up there for the ravens.

yashi
09-17-2009, 02:46 PM
This is why I wanted us to outright win. I knew any loss whatsoever would just be overlooked, no matter how close the game was. It was basically a 7 point game when you take away the garbage time TD, and there were so many 3rd and long conversions that could have turned the tides if we had been able to make a stop.

Screw the media, basically.

Three7s
09-17-2009, 03:03 PM
This is why I wanted us to outright win. I knew any loss whatsoever would just be overlooked, no matter how close the game was. It was basically a 7 point game when you take away the garbage time TD, and there were so many 3rd and long conversions that could have turned the tides if we had been able to make a stop.

Screw the media, basically.
Out of all the national media, I've heard ONE person actually say that he thought the Chiefs did a commendable job. What really hurts is how many yards the defense gave up, but you have to look at this.

The Chiefs did give up a ton of yards to the Ravens, but remember that we blocked a punt for a TD and picked off a pass and ran it back 70+ yards. Even though you can't complain about scoring like that, the defense did get far more warn out than a defense normally would because of those things. I thought the defense played just fine til the 4th quarter when they were clearly worn out.

Bike
09-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Bay area is a larger market so they will be talked up somewhat more than the small market Chiefs IMO. The only way we will get talked about is when we actually start putting up W's against larger market teams...

Connie Jo
09-17-2009, 10:21 PM
I have been watching espn the last few days and listing to sports raido and everytime they talk about the Chiefs raiders game this week they talk how good oakland looked monday. And how much they have improved because they kept San deigo close. Correct me if i am wrong but didnt the chiefs keep Baltimore close up till the end. Add to that baltimore is probley better then san deigo it just is driveing me nuts. hopefuly the chiefs shut up the "experts" this sunday GO CHIEFS.

Yeah, it bugs me too. Not sure it's still the same, but as of this morning Yahoo Sports had Oakland favored over the Chiefs...I was a bit shocked, to say the least...& irritated. There were errors against the Ravens no doubt, but I thought we played well, all negative factors considered.

honda522
09-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Ravens ran for like 180 yards. Thats good to you?

The key to beating the Raiders is stopping McFadden and forcing Russel to pass. Which we should be able to do.

If the Chiefs lose to the Raiders, I don't think we'll win more than 6 games this season. It was 198, but look at the ToP 40 mins vs 20 mins. Defense was on the feild too long.

pbatrucker
09-17-2009, 11:01 PM
ESPN insider, scout inc had Chiefs picked to win 21-17.

KCSDFAN
09-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I know the Chiefs will win Sunday! First home game of the season, RAIDERS, D is looking better, RAIDERS, Russell is just plain bad, and it's the HATED RAIDERS.!

Chiefster
09-17-2009, 11:19 PM
I could care less what the "experts" have to say. Talking heads who get paid to hear themselves talk.

ChldsPlay
09-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Ravens put up 38 points and over 500 yards with 40 min. of possession.

The Chiefs offense basically put up 10 points (I'm giving the 2nd TD to the the interception) only 20 minutes of possession and for the most part were just shut down.

The Chiefs got 2 scores basically on special teams and defense to keep it close. If you think the Chiefs can rely on 14 points not generated by their offense every week, just to stay close for most of the game (and still lose by 14) then well...you're being foolish. Eight out of 10 times, the Ravens win by 15 or more points against the Chiefs and it's not close at all.

They made a couple plays to stay close, and that's commendable, but really the Chiefs were greatly outmatched. The Raiders on the other hand more than held there own, and probably should have won. That is why people give props more to the Raiders than the Chiefs.

josh1971
09-18-2009, 03:31 AM
The interception was great, but the 7 still belongs to the Offense, because they had to punch it in from where DJ went out. If the offense scored- the offense scored; why take it away from them just because they got good field position from a return?

PawnshopMarimba
09-18-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm not drinking the Chris and Cowboy Kool-Aid. I think we're winning this one.

Three7s
09-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Ravens put up 38 points and over 500 yards with 40 min. of possession.

The Chiefs offense basically put up 10 points (I'm giving the 2nd TD to the the interception) only 20 minutes of possession and for the most part were just shut down.

The Chiefs got 2 scores basically on special teams and defense to keep it close. If you think the Chiefs can rely on 14 points not generated by their offense every week, just to stay close for most of the game (and still lose by 14) then well...you're being foolish. Eight out of 10 times, the Ravens win by 15 or more points against the Chiefs and it's not close at all.

They made a couple plays to stay close, and that's commendable, but really the Chiefs were greatly outmatched. The Raiders on the other hand more than held there own, and probably should have won. That is why people give props more to the Raiders than the Chiefs.
Yeah, but the Ravens are 10x better than the Chargers. I don't care what the pundits say, and you'll find out this Sunday. Also, 10 points against the Ravens is fairly normal for most teams, isn't it?

KCINNYC
09-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Todd Haley addressing the team after practice and mic'd up on NFL Network:

"No one cares about us, and I am not saying that as a coach, its a fact, its clear as day, ok, so we are in this together, lets stick together and find a way to get a little better every day."

Spectator
09-18-2009, 04:48 PM
I think we lose 23-10.

McFadden, Michael Bush and Justin Fargas will run the football all over us.

Even though Russell is a bad QB, the Raiders don't need him to beat us. Look back at last year when he went 6-17 for 55 yards, the Raiders still beat up after rushing for 300 yards.

matthewschiefs
09-18-2009, 04:57 PM
I think we lose 23-10.

Even though Russell is a bad QB, the Raiders don't need him to beat us. Look back at last year when he went 6-17 for 55 yards, the Raiders still beat up after rushing for 300 yards.

If Russell is not throwing the ball well that is going to make the raiders rushing game hard. The ravens ended up with big rushing numbers at the end. but if Russell can not throw the ball like flacco did last week that wont happen again the chiefs d wont be on the field 40 minuits. GO CHIEFS!!!!

KCINNYC
09-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I think we lose 23-10.

Apparently you don't know that this is a Chiefs message board and we are playng the RAIDERS and you just said we are going to lose to the RAIDERS, our sworn enemy. I feel that you should apologize and then be stoned to death.

pbatrucker
09-18-2009, 05:27 PM
I think we lose 23-10.

:sign0153:
I believe this site is for Chiefs fans....

McLovin
09-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I think we lose 23-10.

The score he speaks of may be correct ... the keyword is that he thinks his team (we) will lose... his team is obviously the Raiders. therefore he feels the Raiders will lose, and that is correct.

GO CHIEFS

Coach
09-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Everyone thinks the Ravens played a bad game, so they aren't talking too much about it, unlike the Chargers, whom are just plain bad. Personally, I thought the Ravens played just fine, their offense looks much more explosive than last year.

I live on NFL radio and I haven't heard anyone accusing the Ravens of a bad game. Their offense set a record of 501 yards and their defense looked pretty good as well.

tornadospotter
09-19-2009, 12:03 AM
I think we lose 23-10.

All I have to say is,,, GET THE **** OUT OF OUR HOUSE faider!!!!!! :mob::mob::mob:
There is no way in he11 that you are a Chief's Fan, NO TRUE CHIEF'S FAN WILL EVER SAY, THE HATED faiders WILL WIN ON THE WEEK WE PLAY THEM!!!!!!

KCINNYC
09-19-2009, 10:12 AM
All I have to say is,,, GET THE **** OUT OF OUR HOUSE faider!!!!!! :mob::mob::mob:
There is no way in he11 that you are a Chief's Fan, NO TRUE CHIEF'S FAN WILL EVER SAY, THE HATED faiders WILL WIN ON THE WEEK WE PLAY THEM!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly...especially the part where you swear.

Three7s
09-19-2009, 10:43 AM
I live on NFL radio and I haven't heard anyone accusing the Ravens of a bad game. Their offense set a record of 501 yards and their defense looked pretty good as well.
I guess I should've specified. I checked out some Ravens forums and they weren't too pleased.

And come on guys, lay off Spectator, you guys should know better than that. He has an opinion like everyone else, and if he thinks the Raiders are gonna win, then you all should respect that.

matthewschiefs
09-19-2009, 11:00 AM
I guess I should've specified. I checked out some Ravens forums and they weren't too pleased.

And come on guys, lay off Spectator, you guys should know better than that. He has an opinion like everyone else, and if he thinks the Raiders are gonna win, then you all should respect that.

I no a couple of ravens fans who were not pleased at all with the game. and Spectator i am sure will here it if and when the chiefs win.

julejules
09-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Apparently you don't know that this is a Chiefs message board and we are playng the RAIDERS and you just said we are going to lose to the RAIDERS, our sworn enemy. I feel that you should apologize and then be stoned to death.
Hey, spectator is realistic! The chiefs arent a team that we can honestly say that is a team that other teams shiver in their cleats over. I do admit that the chiefs are better than last season but hey, if I thought I could win alot betting against them I would but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I'm just realistic.

Bike
09-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Chiefs will destroy the haters.

julejules
09-19-2009, 03:34 PM
... I thought the defense played just fine til the 4th quarter when they were clearly worn out.
Drat, so in other words they haven't worked on becoming a 4th quarter team.

matthewschiefs
09-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey, spectator is realistic! The chiefs arent a team that we can honestly say that is a team that other teams shiver in their cleats over. I do admit that the chiefs are better than last season but hey, if I thought I could win alot betting against them I would but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I'm just realistic.

I agree just becuse a guy is more realistic then most does not mean hes not a fan. I would never say chiefs wont be the raiders thought its happend many times and will probley happen again. GO CHIEFS!!!!

Canada
09-19-2009, 05:51 PM
I agree just becuse a guy is more realistic then most does not mean hes not a fan. I would never say chiefs wont be the raiders thought its happend many times and will probley happen again. GO CHIEFS!!!!

Why is saying we will lose realistic? Last I checked we split with the faiders last year and won 9 in a row against them before that. I would say predicting a faiders win is the exact opposite of being realistic. You are what we call "Negative" Big difference.

Canada
09-19-2009, 05:52 PM

Negative. Get off the glue

Three7s
09-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Why is saying we will lose realistic? Last I checked we split with the faiders last year and won 9 in a row against them before that. I would say predicting a faiders win is the exact opposite of being realistic. You are what we call "Negative" Big difference.
Actually, the streak ended in 07!

matthewschiefs
09-19-2009, 06:21 PM

simply put this is not the same football team that won 9 in a row. I was not saying that the raiders will win tomorow i was just saying if a guy thinks that the raiders were going to win then hes just being realistic and does not mean right away hes being negtive. The raiders will at some point beat the chiefs again it will happen thats realstic is what i was saying. HOPEFULY NOT FOR A LONG TIME TO COME.

KCINNYC
09-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Raiders can eat sh** and die and that is all I want to hear out of anyone on this site

Canada
09-19-2009, 06:38 PM
simply put this is not the same football team that won 9 in a row. I was not saying that the raiders will win tomorow i was just saying if a guy thinks that the raiders were going to win then hes just being realistic and does not mean right away hes being negtive. The raiders will at some point beat the chiefs again it will happen thats realstic is what i was saying. HOPEFULY NOT FOR A LONG TIME TO COME.

...and if a guy says the Chiefs will win is no Realistic?

I am asking why it is "Realistic" to say the Raiders will win? We split last year and have won more in recent times. This is not the same team that won 9 in a row but the Raiders are the same team that have not won more than 6 games since the '02 season. I guess if you wanna say Raiders winning is realistic then go ahead defending your stance on the Raiders.

hardcorechiefsfan
09-19-2009, 07:00 PM
I don't like the negativity either, Canada, but when could we count on the chiefs to win their home games? I remember when.
But tomorrow I am going to watch the game and my heart will be set on them winning because I do want them to win. I'm hoping that tomorrow they will bring a win to Arrowhead.

matthewschiefs
09-19-2009, 07:24 PM

I am asking why it is "Realistic" to say the Raiders will win? We split last year and have won more in recent times. This is not the same team that won 9 in a row but the Raiders are the same team that have not won more than 6 games since the '02 season. I guess if you wanna say Raiders winning is realistic then go ahead defending your stance on the Raiders.

What i am saying is that a guy giveing his opinion is just being realstic. Realistic to him might not be realistic to you. Its not nesseraly being negitive if he thinks that. I FULLEY EXPECT the chiefs to win tomorow he does not see it that way but thats how he sees it.

hardcorechiefsfan
09-19-2009, 07:34 PM
:yahoo:I believe you mathews, the chiefs will win!:yahoo:

Bike
09-19-2009, 10:20 PM
I will always say the Chiefs will beat the faders. The faders is our rival and they suck.
But to be more "realistic" both teams have made improvements since last year. That being said, the faders suck and we will destroy them.

chief31
09-20-2009, 01:35 AM

Because it can easily be realistic. Two teams will go play the game and one of them will win. Neither team is a juggernaut, nor has either team looked any good at all for over two years.

I didn't see anyone saying that a pedicted Chiefs win was not realistic.

Perhaps saying that his pick was being realistic meant that he wouldn't feel like he was being honest if he said the Chiefs would win.

Therefore, whichever team you should happen to feel will honestly be the winner, is realistic.

Now that I have explained why that IS realistic, can you explain why you think it would be unrealistic?

As for my prediction of the game....

I can only take homefield advantage for the win. Chiefs 21 - 17.

Also, I forgot to quote the part of giving credit for one Chiefs TD to the defense, but wouldn't it more fair to award the defense with three of those points, and the offense with the other four?

tammietailgator
09-20-2009, 01:40 AM
My prediction is Chiefs win 28 - 13

Chiefster
09-20-2009, 01:45 AM
Is not what is "realistic" a personal point of view? In my mind it is realistic to think that the Chiefs will win, in the minds of others just the opposite is the case, and we'd both be right. Barring a tie only one of them will win, but that doesn't mean that it was wrong of individuals to have thought the other team would win.

tammietailgator
09-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Yes!!! I am right! the Chiefs will win tomorrow! :)

tornadospotter
09-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Because it can easily be realistic. Two teams will go play the game and one of them will win. Neither team is a juggernaut, nor has either team looked any good at all for over two years.

Perhaps saying that his pick was being realistic meant that he wouldn't feel like he was being honest if he said the Chiefs would win.

Therefore, whichever team you should happen to feel will honestly be the winner, is realistic.

Now that I have explained why that IS realistic, can you explain why you think it would be unrealistic?

Also, I forgot to quote the part of giving credit for one Chiefs TD to the defense, but wouldn't it more fair to award the defense with three of those points, and the offense with the other four?
So basically you predict a realistic chance that the faiders will fail to preform in a manner of play that will result in a unattainable win at the home of the team they are playing, who happen to be home for the said game, there for giving them, the home team a higher probability of winning because of fans.
OR simply, CHIEF'S WILL WIN!!!!!!!

Three7s
09-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Just look at it this way. If the Chiefs stop the run and Russell doesn't get lucky with a deep ball, we'll win. It's as simple as that against the Raiders.

HAILTO
09-20-2009, 02:12 AM
We will win in the morning. Russell is an overpaid jackass. Hayward-Bay is afraid that he cannot live up to his contract. Haley is a winner. Along with Pioli, he is raising a team of winners. Davis' boys do not have a chance.

Everest
09-20-2009, 02:44 AM
No way the Raiders win in Arrowhead

Canada
09-20-2009, 08:11 AM

Because its the Chiefs vs the f**kin Raiders and we are gonna kick their a$$. That is why its unrealistic. Sorry if I don't like people (fellow Chiefs fans) talking about the Raiders beating us at our home opener and then hearing how Realistic it is. Twist the definition of the word around as much as you like and justify it however you will, but if u come on these boards and say prediciting Raiders wins over the Chiefs is realistic, I am gonna argue with you EVERY time.