PDA

View Full Version : AFC West up for Grabs?

jap1
09-19-2009, 08:20 PM
So, pretty much everyone had San Diego as the clear choice to win the AFC West. But now with all their injuries, people are questioning if they are a lock for that spot.

LT is out this week and who knows for how long.
Their beast of a NT, Jamal Williams, was put on the IR.
Their center is out.
Their starting RG may not play because of a knee injury.
And Shawne "Roid Rage" Merriman says he is still not 100%.
(information acquired from this link: Williams is a major loss for San Diego - AFC West - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/4106/williams-is-a-major-loss-for-san-diego))

Their defense wont be the same as it was two years ago. If Merriman really isnt 100%, their pass rush is going to suffer unless their new rookie steps up. They wont be nearly as tough against the run without Williams, which will probably cause their pass defense to suffer as well.

Their interior OL is going to struggle with two starters out. The LT injury may not make a huge difference if Sproles can show he can be a feature back.

I dont think these injuries knock them off of the top of the AFC West. I still, grudgingly, think they have the best chance to win the West. But with all these injuries, you have to think that it is very possible for another team to steal the division.

honda522
09-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Dude, Sproles is the man now. LT is going down hill, and has been for a year or 2. If sproles is out there they have a better chance of winning than with LT running.

josh1971
09-19-2009, 09:29 PM
With their starting center and RG out, Sproles may turn out not to be so much "the man" this year.

Pro_Angler
09-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Sproles is better then lt and is scary we aren't even on the radar Unfortunetely

AussieChiefsFan
09-19-2009, 10:18 PM
So, pretty much everyone had San Diego as the clear choice to win the AFC West. But now with all their injuries, people are questioning if they are a lock for that spot.

LT is out this week and who knows for how long.
Their beast of a NT, Jamal Williams, was put on the IR.
Their center is out.
Their starting RG may not play because of a knee injury.
And Shawne "Roid Rage" Merriman says he is still not 100%.
(information acquired from this link: Williams is a major loss for San Diego - AFC West - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/4106/williams-is-a-major-loss-for-san-diego))

Their defense wont be the same as it was two years ago. If Merriman really isnt 100%, their pass rush is going to suffer unless their new rookie steps up. They wont be nearly as tough against the run without Williams, which will probably cause their pass defense to suffer as well.

Their interior OL is going to struggle with two starters out. The LT injury may not make a huge difference if Sproles can show he can be a feature back.

I dont think these injuries knock them off of the top of the AFC West. I still, grudgingly, think they have the best chance to win the West. But with all these injuries, you have to think that it is very possible for another team to steal the division.
So if the chargers are knocked off the top, denver was going way downhill in the offseason and the faiders just aren't that good. If we, the chiefs, can get some more wins we could have a chance at doing pretty well!

Bike
09-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Denver has already beat cincy. I mean, how bad is cincy? We will destroy denver and diego and send the faders back cryin' in their black hole. Chiefs win the west.

honda522
09-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Denver has already beat cincy. I mean, how bad is cincy? We will destroy denver and diego and send the faders back cryin' in their black hole. Chiefs win the west.
Yea, well that was a pathetic win by the ponys.

Bike
09-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Yea, well that was a pathetic win by the ponys.
It still means they are 1-0...:bananen_smilies046:

honda522
09-19-2009, 10:50 PM
It still means they are 1-0...:bananen_smilies046:
Yep, but by luck.

Bike
09-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Yep, but by luck.
Well my grandfather use to tell me that you make your own luck. Hopefully we'll make a little vs the faders in about 14 hours...

captainamerica
09-20-2009, 12:23 AM
I think the AFC west is anyone's division. There's no team in this division that is really that good right now. Last year a team with a record of 8-8 won the West and it wouldn't shock me if a similar record won the West again this year.