PDA

View Full Version : When do you think we could get our 1st Win

alexim58
09-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Next games .. Philly, Giants, Dallas,Skins and the Bolts before our Bye Week ..

Do you see any chance to get a Win befores our Bye week ??

loyalchief91
09-20-2009, 05:39 PM
I say the Skins but that's it.

Vanilla Garilla
09-20-2009, 05:40 PM

Shakes the magic 8 ball, and it says "doubtful" :(

alexim58
09-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I hope we don't become "LIONS 0 -16" this Season

But that could happen .. :(

Polleo Pit Man
09-20-2009, 05:47 PM
we are more horrible than i ever imagined! we had the raiders game and gave it away. it hurts to watch you team and players be so WEAK! we may not win a game if our team doesnt change big.

Three7s
09-20-2009, 05:50 PM
We aren't getting a win this year guys, 0-16.

McLovin
09-20-2009, 05:52 PM
All of this negativity and as hard as I try I cant argue, I cant neg rep people for being negative. This is truly a rough day.

alexim58
09-20-2009, 05:53 PM
OMG ... I hope that we don't get 0-16 that will be heartbreakin'

Mostly cuz It supossed that we are in a Process and becoming 0-16 will only show us that we are going the wrong way

matthewschiefs
09-20-2009, 05:54 PM
chiefs will get a win denver and rematch against oakland are the most likely. Go chiefs!!!!!!!

chiefsfreak4life
09-20-2009, 06:37 PM

Maybe the Skins, or the Chargers.

josh1971
09-20-2009, 06:40 PM
ok- first off- KC-Oakland games are an entity unto themselves. It's like a Green Bay/Chicago game, they defy what either team is actually like week in and week out.

This KC team is NOT bad enough to go 0-16. In fact, I still think we're looking at around 5 or 6 wins, and you may laugh, but I think one of those may be against Pittsburgh.

The immediate, knee-jerk panic that seems to flood through this place is staggering. Do we suck? It would seem that way? Will we be winless? I doubt it very much.

Out of the games coming before the bye week, I'd say we're capable of beating the Skins or the Bolts, but it would be fun to hammer out a close win vs. the Eagles or Giants.

McLovin
09-20-2009, 06:44 PM
The eagles got whooped today,(From what I hear)... I would attribute the knee jerk reaction to a passionate fan base trying to figure out how not to cry. This may have been the toughest loss for me since Hermie was hired. Last year and the year before I didn't expect much, last game I was actually energized by the fact that even though we lost we were in it till the end against a good Baltimore team. This week ... we suck hard to ever take positives out of losing against the Raiders in Arrowhead.

N TX Dave
09-20-2009, 06:50 PM

I say when a hot place freezes over we will win.

McLovin
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I would say our first win comes when we finally put up more points then the opposition and then the game ends.

warcrychief
09-20-2009, 06:53 PM
yeah all you 0-16 guys can just pack it in and not show up on these boards any more

Three7s
09-20-2009, 06:55 PM
yeah all you 0-16 guys can just pack it in and not show up on these boards any more
Hey now, gotta find some way to take out my frustration! Other than getting drunk......

McLovin
09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey now, gotta find some way to take out my frustration! Other than getting drunk......
You could go watch the Royals, oooh wait nevermind .. watch them after this game and you may become suicidal. I got it watch a real baseball team, Might I suggest the StL Cardinals?

Three7s
09-20-2009, 07:03 PM
You could go watch the Royals, oooh wait nevermind .. watch them after this game and you may become suicidal. I got it watch a real baseball team, Might I suggest the StL Cardinals?
Nah, I'm pretty well used to the Royals stinking it up. I only watch when Greinke's starting, since he's the only player worth watching.

honda522
09-20-2009, 07:20 PM
We will win a game that we have no bussiness winning. Something like Dallas, or Philly.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
09-20-2009, 07:22 PM
WE WILL BEAT PHILLY!!!!!! YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!

Three7s
09-20-2009, 07:24 PM
We will win a game that we have no bussiness winning. Something like Dallas, or Philly.
Pittsburgh!! :lol:

brish
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I got a feeling we might get an unlikely win in one of the next 5 games, due to a couple of freak plays going our way.

drstandley31
09-20-2009, 07:52 PM
We'll get some wins, just going to be late in the season. This team has a long way to go, but it's going in the right direction. F'n mistakes and mental errors got this loss. At times I wondered if they wanted to win, but I know they do. At least it's a real rebuilding year, and not that Herm BS we had for 3 years. we'll finish 3 - 13, but this thing will get turned around.

Pro_Angler
09-20-2009, 08:00 PM
maybe we can get a good QB with the #1 or #2 pick in the draft?

drstandley31
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM
With all the holes we have, and a guy that we just paid 26 million dollars for, we're going to draft a QB?????? We got out QB, there's plenty of OL/DL/LB/WR that we need to be going after. Not sure why you're going there.

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
I am of the realization that this team is not going to be a winning team until we get a good, skilled, and experienced head coach. One that knows how to win as a head coach and can translate that knowledge to the players.

That guy certainly was not Herm Edwards and it is not Todd Haley right now. Haley may figure it out, but each week we see where his inexperience shows up.

His screaming is starting to become the laughing stock around the league, the cameras are seeking him out to be able to show his profanity on TV. Yeah, you have to read his lips, but words like F*&( and B***5**t are pretty easy to lip read on TV.

Remember Todd, we can get any coaching staff off the street and get two wins.

chiefsfreak4life
09-20-2009, 08:43 PM
maybe we can get a good QB with the #1 or #2 pick in the draft?

Thats the funniest thing I have heard all day. You show your lack of football knowledge when you make statements like that. If we have the #1 or 2 pick in the 2010 draft we will be taking either:

Russell Okung-OT Oklahoma State
Ndamukong Suh-DT Nebraska

That would be addressing an actual need for the Chiefs.

:yeah:

Three7s
09-20-2009, 08:50 PM
I am of the realization that this team is not going to be a winning team until we get a good, skilled, and experienced head coach. One that knows how to win as a head coach and can translate that knowledge to the players.

That guy certainly was not Herm Edwards and it is not Todd Haley right now. Haley may figure it out, but each week we see where his inexperience shows up.

His screaming is starting to become the laughing stock around the league, the cameras are seeking him out to be able to show his profanity on TV. Yeah, you have to read his lips, but words like F*&( and B***5**t are pretty easy to lip read on TV.

Remember Todd, we can get any coaching staff off the street and get two wins.
Man, I'm just so disappointed in this team. You know, the defense really did play their butts off, and I know we made mistakes on the final drive, but the prevent defense didn't help AT ALL!

What I was the most disappointed about were the ENORMOUS amount of penalties on offense. Every freaking time we made a play, there was either a hold or a false start or SOMETHING. We absolutely can't win like that.

That said, it's hard for me to get excited about the NFC east match-ups, but hey, nothing to lose now, right?

greg3564
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM

Dude, piss off!!!! I think we all reserve the right to b!tch when our team racks up yards 2 to 1 and still looses at home. That said, everyone here needs to realize the long term harm Herm and Carl did to this team. It can't be turned around in a season or two. I don't expect a winning season until 2011. I thought as late as last week that we'd go 5-11. Now I think it's 4-12 or 3-13, largely because this was one of the games they should have won.

Pro_Angler
09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
With all the holes we have, and a guy that we just paid 26 million dollars for, we're going to draft a QB?????? We got out QB, there's plenty of OL/DL/LB/WR that we need to be going after. Not sure why you're going there.
just cause we paid a guy 26million doesnt mean we have a QB magically..Look at LJ he got paid and the last 2 years has been one of the worst backs in the league, yea he got 78yds rushing today but we pay him for 100+ yds a week.

greg3564
09-20-2009, 09:15 PM
just cause we paid a guy 26million doesnt mean we have a QB magically..Look at LJ he got paid and the last 2 years has been one of the worst backs in the league, yea he got 78yds rushing today but we pay him for 100+ yds a week.

I have to agree with you. I'm not sold on Cassel yet. He has yet to prove anything yet. Hell, Croyle's had better games this preseason and regular season than he has so far. And that ain't saying much.

okikcfan
09-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Look what haley took over. 6 wins in 2 seasons. Cassel has not had a full practice all week. Yes it could have gone better. But the fact is it was better than last week and with Cassel in practice full time after today he will get better. Our Dline & Oline showed improvement and I would expect them to get better with each and every week. So lets just give em all a chance. Yes, changes could be made before the deadline and we do have extra money in the bank so lets see what happens.

honda522
09-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Another thing to think about is these games early in the season don't mean to much. Well they do, but its not how you start, its about how you finish.

In the mean time, these early season games can help us bend and shape us into a championship team, of course it will probably take more than 1 season since Herm really made things messy in there

Three7s
09-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Another thing to think about is these games early in the season don't mean to much. Well they do, but its not how you start, its about how you finish.

In the mean time, these early season games can help us bend and shape us into a championship team, of course it will probably take more than 1 season since Herm really made things messy in there
I'm not mad about being 0-2, if that's all it was then it would be nothing. It's the schedule coming up that's just got me scared to death.

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm not mad about being 0-2, if that's all it was then it would be nothing. It's the schedule coming up that's just got me scared to death.

We don't get a win again until maybe the Jaguars after the bye week. We are in for some serious hurt the next 5 games.

I would not be surprised to see us not win a game until Week 15 against the Browns.

reded
09-20-2009, 10:23 PM
The optimism here is overwhelming....

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Hey, the good news is we play Cleveland at home and right now, they are the only team that looks worse than we do.

I would like to think we can beat Denver, but after today, that might be just a dream. I think our best bets for wins this season are going to come in from Jacksonville, Cleveland and maybe Denver.

Three7s
09-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Hey, the good news is we play Cleveland at home and right now, they are the only team that looks worse than we do.

I would like to think we can beat Denver, but after today, that might be just a dream. I think our best bets for wins this season are going to come in from Jacksonville, Cleveland and maybe Denver.
Oakland in their place? The Skins don't look too good either, but that's on the road.

chiefnut
09-20-2009, 10:39 PM
we might be able to beat philly if they play like they did today

Bike
09-20-2009, 10:41 PM
I would say Philly also.

jb908
09-20-2009, 10:47 PM
I say the Eagles also, but then again... I say this every week before the team we are about to play. The eagles didn't look to sharp today and I think there is a good chance for a win. Plus I am going to the game and I would love to see them win.

drstandley31
09-20-2009, 11:05 PM
But it means they are dedicated to him. Jesus, it was the guy's first F'ing game and you want to draft a QB. That is not going to happen. His first game, with an OL that is't in the top 10, he did fine. ran a lot, made some good plays. Give the guy a chance. IT WAS HIS FIRST GAME!!!!! Nothing magic about it. I know you're mad about the game, so am I, but this is just stupid.

chiefnut
09-20-2009, 11:24 PM
But it means they are dedicated to him. Jesus, it was the guy's first F'ing game and you want to draft a QB. That is not going to happen. His first game, with an OL that is't in the top 10, he did fine. ran a lot, made some good plays. Give the guy a chance. IT WAS HIS FIRST GAME!!!!! Nothing magic about it. I know you're mad about the game, so am I, but this is just stupid.

L J made more good runs than flubs, unlike Cassel. last 2 years he carried the ball 40 times a game into 9 man lines usually getting hit 3yds behind the line just as he got the ball. and yes he too must earn his pay, although he was not great today he was solid, again unlike Cassel.

Three7s
09-20-2009, 11:25 PM
LJ actually was very good. It doesn't show up quite as much in the stats because he had a lot of runs for losses, but he did have quite a few for 10+ yards.

Vanilla Garilla
09-20-2009, 11:26 PM
All i can say is any given Sunday. Why give up all hope for the season after a rough (close) couple of games.

Lets face the facts: we damn near beat a team who is looking awfully powerful this year (Baltimore). We should have beat the Raiders, who have in fact got quite a bit better (see seymour addition, amazing depth at rb, emerging star te, and more).

We will pull out some wins, probably not going to be pretty, but we will get it done, one way or another. Do you think Scott Pioli or Todd Haley came here to be lousy, or mediocre? NO, it just takes some time.

Bike
09-20-2009, 11:28 PM
L J made more good runs than flubs, unlike Cassel. last 2 years he carried the ball 40 times a game into 9 man lines usually getting hit 3yds behind the line just as he got the ball. and yes he too must earn his pay, although he was not great today he was solid, again unlike Cassel.
Yeah more int's than td's is never good. And not throwing the ball away at the end of the half was costly. But it was his 1st game as a Chief and I expect better things from Cassel in Philly.

Three7s
09-20-2009, 11:29 PM
All i can say is any given Sunday. Why give up all hope for the season after a rough (close) couple of games.

Lets face the facts: we damn near beat a team who is looking awfully powerful this year (Baltimore). We should have beat the Raiders, who have in fact got quite a bit better (see seymour addition, amazing depth at rb, emerging star te, and more).

We will pull out some wins, probably not going to be pretty, but we will get it done, one way or another. Do you think Scott Pioli or Todd Haley came here to be lousy, or mediocre? NO, it just takes some time.
Just hurts man, just hurts.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
09-20-2009, 11:29 PM
I say the Eagles also, but then again... I say this every week before the team we are about to play. The eagles didn't look to sharp today and I think there is a good chance for a win. Plus I am going to the game and I would love to see them win.
ME TOO EVEN WHEN WE STINK!!!:yahoo:

Drunker Hillbilly
09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
I guess I won't say I told........................

Pathetic!

metalstorm999
09-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Next Game Is A Win

McLovin
09-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Think that maybe the fact that LJ did better might have had something to do with Cassel, If teams don't respect the QB (Like we didnt Russell) they stack the box and running is shut down. Like in this game the Raiders 67 Yards total rushing for the game. I think LJs head is finally in the right place and think he did well but a part of it was that they had to pay attention to Cassel not just LJ.

chief31
09-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Dude, piss off!!!! I think we all reserve the right to b!tch when our team racks up yards 2 to 1 and still looses at home. That said, everyone here needs to realize the long term harm Herm and Carl did to this team. It can't be turned around in a season or two. I don't expect a winning season until 2011. I thought as late as last week that we'd go 5-11. Now I think it's 4-12 or 3-13, largely because this was one of the games they should have won.

Funny how when Herm was here, the excuse that he had nothing to work with was rampant.

Now, Haley is getting the same excuse thrown around for him.

Herm spent three years getting rid of Vermiel players, because they were 'no good'. Now Haley is getting rid of Herm's players because they are 'no good'.

The team was far from talentless when Herm took over. And it was far from talentless when Haley took over.

The biggest problem with this team last season was Herm Edwards. We had alot of good young players here. And now we have added more.

No excuses. Haley is 0-2.

But that's only 0-2. We have fourteen more games this season.

I am guessing that we will win a few of them.

Casell did an alright job out there. I am guessing that he will do better with a couple more games behind him.

Overall, the defense did well against the run and he pass.

Hell, even the running game showed signs of life.

Now, I don't think haley will be a good HC. I think, in three years, we will all wish he had gone 0-16 in '09 and been fired.

But I think he will manage to get a steady five, to seven, wins each year.

So, by my calculations, all they need to do is manage to 5-9 from here on.

Sounds resonable to me. Anything more will be a bonus.

wolfpack
09-21-2009, 10:14 AM
I think the chiefs will pull an upset in one or two games before the break. It just afeeling or maybe its something i ate.

OPLookn
09-21-2009, 02:02 PM
I'll agree and say Philly as well, that's just the optimist in me.

To me it was the series where we had a 17 yard gain and then a penalty, then a 22 yard gain and an 8 yard gain, penalty, penalty 3rd and 23 then punt the ball away and with four guys standing AT the 1 yard line let the ball go into the end zone. Right there I thought..yup, that about does it.

We're improving if you don't think so go back and take another look. Last year I would watch games knowing full well that if the Chiefs got a lead they'd do something stupid and give it up..ala the bolts game. This year when I watch them while we aren't as talented as they need to be they play with heart and there is a little bit of swagger to them.

alexim58
10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
After what I saw .. may be we could get a WIN vs the Browns.

Could be the BOWL for the 1st. Pick 2010 ?

Hayvern
10-04-2009, 11:51 PM

We have a shot against the Cowboys next week, slim, but better than he had the last two weeks.

The Cowboys have not been playing well.

kilobytes
10-05-2009, 12:03 AM
I swear to god we will win at least one game. I just don't see us losing all games. We have some weapons and Haley will figure something out.

Hayvern
10-05-2009, 12:04 AM

Hey just think though, with the first pick we could draft a defensive end, wouldn't that be great!!!

:lol:

McLovin
10-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Anything but O-Line, I mean sheesh if they start winning how is Hunt going to sell the town on letting the franchise go elsewhere.

tammietailgator
10-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Next week! We will scalp the cowgirls!

Chiefster
10-05-2009, 01:24 AM
When do you think we could get our 1st Win

Sunday October 11, 2019???

j/k

It's a question, at this point, that is impossible, at least for me, to try to determine.

josh1971
10-05-2009, 02:56 AM
I think it's definitely possible against the Redskins, in the "tribe war game"

jb

doobs_05
10-05-2009, 04:08 AM
If we don't beat the redskins then maybe we'll beat Cleveland and if we don't mess around we can beat Oakland and MAYBE denver at home.

Ryla02
10-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Against the raider and the Skins. I hope...

Bluestar76
10-05-2009, 02:13 PM
I think you guys have a realistic chance of beating the cowboys this week. Haley is a good coach who, as many of you said, needs experience. If you give him time he will be a good coach for you.

If you don't believe me do you think the NFL will let us Trade? I'll take Todd Haley over Wade Phillips any day of the week.

Fmart322
10-05-2009, 02:35 PM
You will win this weekend, trust me. Romo doesn't have any confidence and Wade is the son of a Bum. As a life long Cowboys I've never seen a team with their talent come up short so many times.

nigeriannightmare
10-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I say the Skins but that's it.

that's a pretty good defense, I honestly don't think there is game that we should win a whole lot of things are gonna have to come together. 'The only good thing I will say is Jimmy Johnsnon (I think) went 1-15 his first year and then the 90s dynasty was built...one could only hope. Johnosn was known for his Ego to.

josh1971
10-05-2009, 03:25 PM
that's a pretty good defense, I honestly don't think there is game that we should win a whole lot of things are gonna have to come together. 'The only good thing I will say is Jimmy Johnsnon (I think) went 1-15 his first year and then the 90s dynasty was built...one could only hope. Johnosn was known for his Ego to.

Utter nonsense that there's no game on our schedule this year that we can win.

Cleveland is awful, and with division games, it's anyone's guess. We can beat the Raiders or Broncos. I don't even rule out being able to beat the Chargers.

The second half of our schedule is much better for the possibility of wins than the front half.

jb

nigeriannightmare
10-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Utter nonsense that there's no game on our schedule this year that we can win.

Cleveland is awful, and with division games, it's anyone's guess. We can beat the Raiders or Broncos. I don't even rule out being able to beat the Chargers.

The second half of our schedule is much better for the possibility of wins than the front half.

jb

We lost to the raiders at home, who in turn were beat down by the broncos, the jaguars are no pushover and cleveland lost to cinci in OT, have you seen us play this year. Even in games where we lead in every statistical category for offense we lose. That takes talent my friend.

What is utter nonsense is assuming we will win one game just because, what and when have they shown us they can win.

What, we have lost 26 out of the last 28 even the Lions have faired better over that stretch. I think people need to learn to call a spade a spade, and we are not a very good footballteam, deal with it.

KCSDFAN
10-06-2009, 06:45 PM
I say the Chargers. They are terrible on defense and especially the run defense so Larry Johnson can run thru them. The Chiefs defense will have to step up and stop Phillip Rivers though because the Chargers have had little or no run offense.

Bike
10-06-2009, 07:31 PM
I think we will get out first win against the cowgirls...