PDA

View Full Version : Please release Jake O'Connell

captainamerica
09-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Seriously, he's not that big for a TE, he's been hurt all throughout training camp and pre-season, he hasn't looked good in any games ever and he comes from a division III school. He in no way shape or form deserves a roster spot. There are better options out there right now (Alex Smith, Leonard Pope, the teams towel boy...) I want a TE that can either catch or can block (Jake can't do either). Now in no way to I think it's fair to place the blame solely on him or even most of the blame on him for our loss against Oakland, but his drops certainly didn't help the team out any.

McLovin
09-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Seriously, he's not that big for a TE, he's been hurt all throughout training camp and pre-season, he hasn't looked good in any games ever and he comes from a division III school. He in no way shape or form deserves a roster spot. There are better options out there right now (Alex Smith, Leonard Pope, the teams towel boy...) I want a TE that can either catch or can block (Jake can't do either). Now in no way to I think it's fair to place the blame solely on him or even most of the blame on him for our loss against Oakland, but his drops certainly didn't help the team out any.
I was thinking practice squad, but I really think him and Savage both should be cut, possibly add Quinten Lawrence, Brian Waters, and throw in Engram just to make the 5 that I said should be cleaning out their lockers after that loss. (I said at least 5 players should be cleaning out their lockers after that loss.)

Pro_Angler
09-20-2009, 06:44 PM
maybe we can trade for tony G.??? lol

honda522
09-20-2009, 06:53 PM
I was thinking practice squad, but I really think him and Savage both should be cut, possibly add Quinten Lawrence, Brian Waters, and throw in Engram just to make the 5 that I said should be cleaning out their lockers after that loss. (I said at least 5 players should be cleaning out their lockers after that loss.)
What are your reasons for Waters and Engram?

Engram had a big play, but he did drop one. Ofcourse the DB was there to smack him.

Waters played soild and I thought the whole line did well besides a few sacks.

chiefsfreak4life
09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Waters? Seriously? What are you smoking? I want some.

Three7s
09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Why Savage? I thought he was solid.

captainamerica
09-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Savage is a good RB to have on the bench. He can return kicks at times and he can be brought in as a home run hitter from time to time.

McLovin
09-20-2009, 07:52 PM
What are your reasons for Waters and Engram?

Engram had a big play, but he did drop one. Ofcourse the DB was there to smack him.

Waters played soild and I thought the whole line did well besides a few sacks.
Engram was a toss in because I didn't see anything great that he did.
Waters the several times I saw him he was standing around like what what, he whiffed on several plays and he just looked out of shape and like he just doesn't want to be there. I would honestly much rather trade him away for draft picks, but this team has plenty of ok young players, draft picks are close to getting cut, although we did get Succop late and he can be a difference maker.

As far as savage I have thought he was on his way out for the last few weeks. When I heard they put Charles inactive my first thought was more time for Savage before he is cut to make sure they aren't missing something. Also Savage is the 4th Running back and I think that is one too many for THIS roster.

No one has questioned Lawrence but he could be a big play person also but I dont want someone who might make a big play every now and then, I want someone who can make the play they need anytime.

Everest
09-20-2009, 08:10 PM
O'Connel should out for sure, but Waters? This line needs all the help it can get.