PDA

View Full Version : Positives

drstandley31
09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
That hurt, but there are areas that are improving. I thought our QB play and OL play were improving. Not great, but flashes of good things to come. LJ looked good as did the entire running game. Still not enough pressure on the QB, but good coverage in the secondary and we kept them from running at all. We converted 3rd downs, that's huge. We didn't give up 3rd and long all day (although when we did it was a crusher). I think we did find the QB of the future for us. Wade looked good at points too, that's a help. Not the answer for a kick returner, but good check down or primary choice for Cassel. So, a loss is a loss, but we moved the ball, stopped them all day, hopefully the ship is in the right direction. With that being said, I'm going to pour another glass of Jack and try to burn the rest of that game out of my head.

honda522
09-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Lets work on redzone, and 2 min drills.

Bike
09-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Lets work at removing the prevent defense out of the playbook.

fairladyZ
09-20-2009, 07:11 PM
One thing i was very very impressed and happy with was LJ catching the ball outta the backfield. What he had 3 catches for 50 yards or more?
He had some fire... Was a very very bad loss but alot of positives to look forward to. Without the mistakes and miscues raiders would not have even been in this game

Three7s
09-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Yes please!

drstandley31
09-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I think we have a kicker too. When's the last time we could even think about saying that. We haven't had a FB since Richardson went to Minn, but I think Cox may finally be what we need there. I so don't understand how those past idiots never filled positions where we lost great players... i.e. kick returner, Offensive linemen, FB, QB... I'm sure there's more. I like these new coaches. If you don't perform you're out and we'll find someone that will. F'n Herm.

Pro_Angler
09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
SD lost to baltimore..yahhh thats a positive

drstandley31
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Can you believe F'n Denver is 2-0? they blow and have two wins. something's wrong somewhere.

chiefsfreak4life
09-20-2009, 07:34 PM
I think we have a kicker too. When's the last time we could even think about saying that. We haven't had a FB since Richardson went to Minn, but I think Cox may finally be what we need there. I so don't understand how those past idiots never filled positions where we lost great players... i.e. kick returner, Offensive linemen, FB, QB... I'm sure there's more. I like these new coaches. If you don't perform you're out and we'll find someone that will. F'n Herm.

Good post. I agree with you about Succop and Cox. I think both are positives for the team. As I have said before, Herm and Carl left a steaming pile of dung for Haley and Pioli. It will take a few years to get to the promised land, but we will be back in contention by mid-season next year.

Bike
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah but what if the freakin' coach doesn't perform. Is he out? I'm slightly pissed at Haley and co at the moment. So far his "my way or the hiway" or "you better protect my football" kinda attitude has us 0-2 at the bottom of the afc west. Some of these vets might not appreciate this sh!t coming from a first-time head coach who has never played a down in the nfl. I mean, not a single win in pre-season or reg season. 0-6. Are we really THAT bad? Or am I just an a$$ for even posting this. If this pisses you off, then this Christmas headline will definetly piss you off:
Bill Cowher named Chiefs head coach.

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Lets work on redzone, and 2 min drills.

Tell you what, lets work on removing the stupid penalties from our game before we worry about either of these.

Redzone would not be important if we did not have guys flopping on top of an already downed quarterback.

Prevent defense would mean nothing if we did not have guys going offsides and performing illegal contact on defense on teh OPPOSITE side of the field from where the play was. Geez, that play was so out of the area the TV crew did not even have a replay of it.

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah but what if the freakin' coach doesn't perform. Is he out? I'm slightly pissed at Haley and co at the moment. So far his "my way or the hiway" or "you better protect my football" kinda attitude has us 0-2 at the bottom of the afc west. Some of these vets might not appreciate this sh!t coming from someone who has never played a down in the nfl. I mean, not a single win in pre-season or reg season. 0-6. Are we really THAT bad? Or am I just an a$$ for even posting this. If this pisses you off, then this Christmas headline will definetly piss you off:

I'm with you man, now I know why Waters and Gonzales were all fired up at the All-Star game.

This guy is starting to look more and more like an idiot. He is making some very dumb calls on offense and his constant swearing and screaming at players is not doing anything of any good.

Seriously, all the yelling, as I have posted before, is starting to make us a laughing stock if we weren't enough of one already. Yeah, I have it in for Haley because he is not showing us anything except that he can out scream any other head coach and that he is not Herm Edwards.

Actually, the performance of the team on the field is still very reminiscent of Herm Edwards, we are still losing games, our OLine still plays like crap, and our overall defensive play is still full of stupid penalties.

Of and by the way, penalties are a result of a head coach not preparing the team to play. So besides anything else we say, Haley is to blame for this loss.

Bike
09-20-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm with you man, now I know why Waters and Gonzales were all fired up at the All-Star game.

This guy is starting to look more and more like an idiot. He is making some very dumb calls on offense and his constant swearing and screaming at players is not doing anything of any good.

Seriously, all the yelling, as I have posted before, is starting to make us a laughing stock if we weren't enough of one already. Yeah, I have it in for Haley because he is not showing us anything except that he can out scream any other head coach and that he is not Herm Edwards.

Actually, the performance of the team on the field is still very reminiscent of Herm Edwards, we are still losing games, our OLine still plays like crap, and our overall defensive play is still full of stupid penalties.

Of and by the way, penalties are a result of a head coach not preparing the team to play. So besides anything else we say, Haley is to blame for this loss.
Yeah nothing pisses me off more than losing to the faders at home. I'm slightly irritated - rebuilding or not.

greg3564
09-20-2009, 08:07 PM
So to the Haley haters, did you really expect to go from winning 2 games last year to a playoff contender in the off season? Come on! You criticize a guy for having some passion on the sideline instead of sitting there like Herm with a dumbfounded look on his face. Reality check here people- The Chiefs won't have a winning record until at least 2011 or even 2012. Herm and Carl damaged this team on so many levels it isn't even funny. The one criticism I have of Pioli was letting Tony go. His absence is glaring this season. Defenses always had to account for him and it kept them honest. I don't think loosing Tony was worth the draft pick we got, but that's just my opinion. This team will get better, but it will take time.

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 08:19 PM
So to the Haley haters, did you really expect to go from winning 2 games last year to a playoff contender in the off season? Come on! You criticize a guy for having some passion on the sideline instead of sitting there like Herm with a dumbfounded look on his face. Reality check here people- The Chiefs won't have a winning record until at least 2011 or even 2012. Herm and Carl damaged this team on so many levels it isn't even funny. The one criticism I have of Pioli was letting Tony go. His absence is glaring this season. Defenses always had to account for him and it kept them honest. I don't think loosing Tony was worth the draft pick we got, but that's just my opinion. This team will get better, but it will take time.

The only thing I expected out of this team was a win against the Raiders on our home opener. We didn't get that.

Will this team get better? Yeah, eventually they will, they have to, I think many hoped to have a Dolphins type bounceback, but you cannot have that type of bounceback from a complete shift change at the top of the organization.

Yep, Edwards and Peterson wrecked this team, clearly, they were idiots. I have every confidence that Pioli will be able to get good players in here, but Haley is a huge question mark as head coach. Some guys make it as head coach and some are better as a coordinator.

reded
09-20-2009, 08:23 PM

Haley can coach till he's blue in the face but at the end of the day it comes down to the players on the field making the plays. His screaming is a bit much at times but I'd probably get fired up too when someone made a stupid mistake after all the practice they've had to this point in the season.

I think some of you guys fail to realize that everyone on this team (coaches included) are still trying to learn what our players do best and implementing the plays which will work to their advantage. It won't happen overnight but it looks like they are starting to get some things figured out which keeps me optimistic that we could win 5-6 games this season. As long as I continue to see improvement over last season I still have hope.

Haleys hard nosed approach gets my nod of approval, especially after spending 3 yrs watching Herm stand on the sidelines showing absolutely no emotion whatsoever.

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I think some of you guys fail to realize that everyone on this team (coaches included) are still trying to learn what our players do best and implementing the plays which will work to their advantage.

It won't happen overnight but it looks like they are starting to get some things figured out which keeps me optimistic that we could win 5-6 games this season.

Wait, wha? We are making decisions everyday on the players to keep and those to let go based on how they play on the field. It might take me a long time to figure this out, but I am not a football coach. If these guys still don't know what our players do well by now, then they are way worse than I thought.

reded
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Like many others have said, it's gonna take time. If you're expecting them to go from zero to hero in two weeks, you're gonna be in for a heckuva lot of disappointment this season.

Bike
09-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Like many others have said, it's gonna take time. If you're expecting them to go from zero to hero in two weeks, you're gonna be in for a heckuva lot of disappointment this season.
Not expecting zero to hero. I was expecting, however, a win over the raiders at home...

reded
09-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Woulda been nice, but it is what it is.

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 08:51 PM

Raiders at home should always equal a win. That is the expectation, that is the rule. You will always take a lot of crap as a coach and a player if you break that rule. Herm Edwards was terrible at this rule losing two of three of these contests.

Bike
09-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Raiders at home should always equal a win. That is the expectation, that is the rule. You will always take a lot of crap as a coach and a player if you break that rule. Herm Edwards was terrible at this rule losing two of three of these contests.
Exactly.:bananen_smilies046:

reded
09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I used to get worked up after a loss like this but after the last 3 yrs with Herm I guess I've become numb to it. I realize its a rebuilding process and we're gonna lose games like this. Now if we were a legitimate contender for a playoff run and lost a game like this I'd go through the roof!

okikcfan
09-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Can you believe F'n Denver is 2-0? they blow and have two wins. something's wrong somewhere.
The first win was pure luck!!

Bike
09-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Maybe thats what we need. Some luck.

chiefnut
09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
if we only win 2 games , they should be home games against the raiders & broncos. that balloon has already burst.:mob:

drstandley31
09-20-2009, 09:57 PM

Are kidding me, do you remember last year's home game against these *******s? we got drilled. This year we had it won and make some costly mistakes. It's gonna take a couple years to get out of the hole Herm and Co. put us in. And they needed to be yelled at. Did you see some to the stupid BS that went on today? You need a leader that isn't going to put up with that BS, and he won't. They are in a hole and I hope he can pull us out of it. I've coached, and sometimes you need to make your point and do it loud. Herm would have just said, 'Oh well, we were close:. F That.

drstandley31
09-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Oh I know it was. just hate it!

Three7s
09-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Maybe thats what we need. Some luck.
The only type of luck we've had is the bad kind.

slc chief
09-20-2009, 10:07 PM
i am sick of coming up with excuses as a positive for one. this is a very respectable franchise and i am sick and tired of losing. there is no a damn thing positive out of this loss to oakland we lost we are 0-2 and we lost to oakland. the last three years i have heard fans come up with positives from a loss.there is no such thing we lost. nothing positive about it all this is not our standard i am sick of it we are a first class franchise this is far from exceptable toughin it up a little

honda522
09-20-2009, 10:13 PM
I feel we could blow out Cleavland, considering how bad they looked against the Bronocs.

We just need that first win, so we can rememeber what winning is like and have more drive to winning again.

yashi
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM
It really feels like we haven't won a game in years... sigh.

Bobby Wade looked good though.

Bike
09-20-2009, 10:22 PM
1st and goal from the 9 at the end of the half - you simply have to score - at least 3. Major blunder.

Three7s
09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
1st and goal from the 9 at the end of the half - you simply have to score - at least 3. Major blunder.
I was screaming after that one. I couldn't believe we were that stupid.

honda522
09-20-2009, 10:40 PM
They had the opportunity to try for the TD, but for that to work, they had to go to the endzone. I guess Cassel made a bad decision.

Bike
09-20-2009, 10:43 PM
They had the opportunity to try for the TD, but for that to work, they had to go to the endzone. I guess Cassel made a bad decision.
Indeed. He better not do it again!:bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
09-20-2009, 10:44 PM
If this franchise were actually trying to win games this year and the past couple years, we wouldn't have been scraping our a$$ on the salary floor. Does anyone have any idea how we got above the salary floor this season? The way I see it, this franchise has been trying to rebuild with youth and they're doing it again this season.

If you were coming into this season expecting a much better team than last season, then you're not paying attention.

Bike
09-20-2009, 10:57 PM
If this franchise were actually trying to win games this year and the past couple years, we wouldn't have been scraping our a$$ on the salary floor. Does anyone have any idea how we got above the salary floor this season? The way I see it, this franchise has been trying to rebuild with youth and they're doing it again this season.

If you were coming into this season expecting a much better team than last season, then you're not paying attention.
Lets see, we've added Beisel, Mike Brown, Vrabel, Engram, Wade, Goff, Ndukwe in just this season so far. I'm sure I left out some others. Not exactly rebuilding with youth...We are rebuilding with a mixture of youth and vets, the way we should be. And yes, we are a better team than last year. And yes, I have been paying attention...

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Lets see, we've added Beisel, Mike Brown, Vrabel, Engram, Wade, Goff, Ndukwe in just this season so far. I'm sure I left out some others. Not exactly rebuilding with youth...We are rebuilding with a mixture of youth and vets, the way we should be. And yes, we are a better team than last year. And yes, I have been paying attention...

Missing from your list? The big franchise play maker on either side of the ball that you build your team around. We don' have those guys.

texaschief
09-20-2009, 11:08 PM

Yeah, and each of those guys are cornerstone players, right? Hell, can you show me even ONE? You can't build a franchise around ANY of those players. The Chiefs are building their team through the draft and signing older players with a couple years left in the tank to show them what it takes to be pros. That's not "building with vets." All they did was bring in a little leadership. How long do you think Vrabel, Engram and Goff will be with this team? Think they're going to be major contributers to a Super Bowl team when they hoist the trophy? If your answer isn't "yes," then this team isn't "building with veterans."

josh1971
09-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Vrabel's been solid both weeks, Mike Brown has had a ton of tackles, and Ndukwe is turning into a fairly solid RT for us since he got here less than a month ago. Bobby Wade has hardly been here long enough to be a cornerstone player, but his first week certainly didn't disappoint, as far as his production, eh?

DT14PRIEST
09-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Will this team get better? Yeah, eventually they will, they have to, I think many hoped to have a Dolphins type bounce back, but you cannot have that type of bounce back from a complete shift change at the top of the organization.

But thats exactly what happened in Miami...a complete shift change at the top of the organization and a bounce back that same year...

Edit: Just saying...the Dolphins were 1-2 by week 3s end. They had a much more favorable schedule I give them that and I dont expect the Chiefs to have a miracle season by any stretch of the imagination but the season's just started.

honda522
09-20-2009, 11:24 PM
But thats exactly what happened in Miami...a complete shift change at the top of the organization and a bounce back that same year...

Edit: Just saying...the Dolphins were 1-2 by week 3s end. They had a much more favorable schedule I give them that and I dont expect the Chiefs to have a miracle season by any stretch of the imagination but the season's just started.
And remember the Dolphins didn't scrap half the team either.

Bike
09-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Yeah, and each of those guys are cornerstone players, right? Hell, can you show me even ONE? You can't build a franchise around ANY of those players. The Chiefs are building their team through the draft and signing older players with a couple years left in the tank to show them what it takes to be pros. That's not "building with vets." All they did was bring in a little leadership. How long do you think Vrabel, Engram and Goff will be with this team? Think they're going to be major contributers to a Super Bowl team when they hoist the trophy? If your answer isn't "yes," then this team isn't "building with veterans."
Not exactly rebuilding with youth either. Who did you have in mind?

DT14PRIEST
09-20-2009, 11:26 PM
And remember the Dolphins didn't scrap half the team either.

I don't know about the Dolphins but 90% of our 'scraps' still don't have jobs so I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing.

Edit: But they did scrap two integral parts of their team in ZT and JT at the beginning of the season so...food for thought?

Bike
09-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Missing from your list? The big franchise play maker on either side of the ball that you build your team around. We don' have those guys.
I thought we brought in Cassel/Bowe and Jackson/Dorsey to be those guys. Can't build a team around them?

DT14PRIEST
09-20-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm just saying...count a wounded dog out and he'll bite you in the butt

Edit: For bad words

texaschief
09-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Not exactly rebuilding with youth either. Who did you have in mind?

If you're trying to rebuild with vets, you're KEEPING TG, you're bringing in:

Houshmandzadeh
Jordan Gross
Tra Thomas
Albert Haynesworth
Julius Peppers
Terrell Suggs
Tank Johnson
Shaun Cody
Bertrand Berry
Eric Barton
Karlos Dansby
Mike Peterson
Bart Scott
Jonathan Vilma
Nnamdi Asomugha
Brian Dawkins
Dawan Landry
Will Allen

These are the type of players you should be bringing in if you're looking to build with vets as cornerstones in addition to rookies. The problem with signing these type of high-priced free agents is that their contributions are wasted if you don't have a talented, cheap, young core. But when you're changing head coaches every three years and changing schemes at the same rate, you're never going get to that point.

That was my biggest concern with the hiring of Pioli/Haley. Their 3-4 scheme renders the last 3 horrible years absolutely fruitless. So far, we're lucky that DJ, Hali, and Dorsey are finding places on this defense at which to contribute. But, we've already seen two former 2nd round picks bite the dust because of the new system. Those cuts are EXTREMELY costly when you consider how many former 2nd rounders this team has blown through.

Now, my worry is that this fan base will get impatient with Haley and to a lesser extent, Pioli. I just hope that if the Chiefs DO part ways with Haley, that the guy they bring in to replace him is a 3-4 guy so that Jackson and Magee aren't wasted picks as well. Once you fall into this cycle of firing coaches every few years, it's REALLY hard to get out of it because the fan base gets decreasingly patient... as we're now seeing with Haley.

Bike
09-20-2009, 11:59 PM
If you're trying to rebuild with vets, you're KEEPING TG, you're bringing in:

Houshmandzadeh
Jordan Gross
Tra Thomas
Albert Haynesworth
Julius Peppers
Terrell Suggs
Tank Johnson
Shaun Cody
Bertrand Berry
Eric Barton
Karlos Dansby
Mike Peterson
Bart Scott
Jonathan Vilma
Nnamdi Asomugha
Brian Dawkins
Dawan Landry
Will Allen

These are the type of players you should be bringing in if you're looking to build with vets as cornerstones in addition to rookies. The problem with signing these type of high-priced free agents is that their contributions are wasted if you don't have a talented, cheap, young core. But when you're changing head coaches every three years and changing schemes at the same rate, you're never going get to that point.

That was my biggest concern with the hiring of Pioli/Haley. Their 3-4 scheme renders the last 3 horrible years absolutely fruitless. So far, we're lucky that DJ, Hali, and Dorsey are finding places on this defense at which to contribute. But, we've already seen two former 2nd round picks bite the dust because of the new system. Those cuts are EXTREMELY costly when you consider how many former 2nd rounders this team has blown through.

Now, my worry is that this fan base will get impatient with Haley and to a lesser extent, Pioli. I just hope that if the Chiefs DO part ways with Haley, that the guy they bring in to replace him is a 3-4 guy so that Jackson and Magee aren't wasted picks as well. Once you fall into this cycle of firing coaches every few years, it's REALLY hard to get out of it because the fan base gets decreasingly patient... as we're now seeing with Haley.
Good post and any of those players would help us. And you're right about Pioli not willing to dish out huge dollars to land a couple of these guys. I mean do you really think that Snyder coughing up that huge contract to Haynesworth is going to get them to the playoffs? I will continue to disagree with you as far as throwing huge dollars at free agents to get them here. I would rather build our team than buy it. JMHO.:bananen_smilies046:

DT14PRIEST
09-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Houshmandzadeh - Missed Opportunity probably
Jordan Gross - RE-risgned
Tra Thomas - LT?
Albert Haynesworth - 100 million is kind of a lot...
Julius Peppers - Franchised
Terrell Suggs - Franchised
Tank Johnson - Legal Trouble (Tank Tyler is no good?)
Shaun Cody - Really? Might be a decent fill in but a missed opportunity? GD is panning out.
Bertrand Berry - Missed opportunity
Eric Barton - Followed Mangini...
Karlos Dansby - Franchised
Mike Peterson - Probably an upgrade somewhere but I dunno...
Bart Scott - Went with coach
Jonathan Vilma - Re-signed...
Nnamdi Asomugha - Re-signed...
Brian Dawkins - Meh
Dawan Landry - Was he a FA? Still with the Ravens
Will Allen - Re-signed...

NOt saying we couldn't of gotten maybe one of those guys but we'd probably have to break the bank and some of them might be worth breaking the bank over but i just don't see it.

texaschief
09-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Good post and any of those players would help us. And you're right about Pioli not willing to dish out huge dollars to land a couple of these guys. I mean do you really think that Snyder coughing up that huge contract to Haynesworth is going to get them to the playoffs? I will continue to disagree with you as far as throwing huge dollars at free agents to get them here. I would rather build our team than buy it. JMHO.:bananen_smilies046:

I don't follow the Redskins. But, if Snyder thinks Haynesworth is worth the 40 or 50 million he'll ultimately spend on the player is a piece to put them in the playoffs or the Super Bowl, then yes, that's when you get players like him. Personally, I think Snyder is a slightly better GM than Al Davis, so, no, I don't think that was a good investment. But, I DO think it was done correctly if he thinks it's going to put them over the top. I just don't think the Redskins are close enough for that to pay off for them.

But, I think we could be a contending team if we weren't still 30 million or so under the cap. If we had brought in a few top flight OLinemen or WRs, we could be contending for the division crown... which isn't much, but its at least a playoff spot.

texaschief
09-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Houshmandzadeh - Missed Opportunity probably
Jordan Gross - RE-risgned
Tra Thomas - LT?
Albert Haynesworth - 100 million is kind of a lot...
Julius Peppers - Franchised
Terrell Suggs - Franchised
Tank Johnson - Legal Trouble (Tank Tyler is no good?)
Shaun Cody - Really? Might be a decent fill in but a missed opportunity? GD is panning out.
Bertrand Berry - Missed opportunity
Eric Barton - Followed Mangini...
Karlos Dansby - Franchised
Mike Peterson - Probably an upgrade somewhere but I dunno...
Bart Scott - Went with coach
Jonathan Vilma - Re-signed...
Nnamdi Asomugha - Re-signed...
Brian Dawkins - Meh
Dawan Landry - Was he a FA? Still with the Ravens
Will Allen - Re-signed...

NOt saying we couldn't of gotten maybe one of those guys but we'd probably have to break the bank and some of them might be worth breaking the bank over but i just don't see it.

The Haynesworth contract is closer to 48 million than 100. There were a lot of impossible caveats in that contract to make it a 100 million dollar contract. That number was just for show. Some of those guys could've come to KC if we had hired the right coach... just saying.

DT14PRIEST
09-21-2009, 12:15 AM
The Haynesworth contract is closer to 48 million than 100. There were a lot of impossible caveats in that contract to make it a 100 million dollar contract. That number was just for show. Some of those guys could've come to KC if we had hired the right coach... just saying.

Haley wasn't my first choice but I get what you're saying.

I think maybe 1-5 of those guys might have signed here but it wouldn't have been for pennies on the dollar. We'd of had to break the bank for a few and a few of them are worth breaking the bank over but I think the pickings were slim to begin with. Just looking at how many players re-signed or were franchised by their current club the odds were never in our favor to begin with.

Edit: It sort of felt like a ****ty year to have so much cap space...

texaschief
09-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Haley wasn't my first choice but I get what you're saying.

I think maybe 1-5 of those guys might have signed here but it wouldn't have been for pennies on the dollar. We'd of had to break the bank for a few and a few of them are worth breaking the bank over but I think the pickings were slim to begin with. Just looking at how many players re-signed or were franchised by their current club the odds were never in our favor to begin with.

Edit: It sort of felt like a ****ty year to have so much cap space...

I was just saying that the guys we signed weren't exactly top-tier guys on which to build a franchise. Those other guys, were. But we're not in a position where signing those guys would benefit us. The Chiefs aren't serious about winning because they KNOW we're not going to be a winning team. If upper management though we would be a winning franchise, they'd be spending money. As of Sept. 12, we're still 16 million under that cap and 7 million under the salary floor. (The ONLY franchise in that position)

Chiefster
09-21-2009, 04:40 AM

...This!

I've seen the "prevent" prevent a team from winning time and time again; it has no place in a close game IMO.

pbatrucker
09-21-2009, 05:36 AM
Yeah but what if the freakin' coach doesn't perform. Is he out? I'm slightly pissed at Haley and co at the moment. So far his "my way or the hiway" or "you better protect my football" kinda attitude has us 0-2 at the bottom of the afc west. Some of these vets might not appreciate this sh!t coming from a first-time head coach who has never played a down in the nfl. I mean, not a single win in pre-season or reg season. 0-6. Are we really THAT bad? Or am I just an a$$ for even posting this. If this pisses you off, then this Christmas headline will definetly piss you off:
YOU'RE JUST AN A** FOR POSTING THIS!!!!

CapitalT
09-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Back to the positives.

I was very wrong about LJ! He looked really good and it also seemed like he played with enthusiasm and heart.

I was impressed.

drstandley31
09-21-2009, 08:10 PM
We did, but the idiots traded him to Minn!!!!!!! Another F'n Herm & Carl blunder for the ages. You don't make up for that in a year or two, it takes several.