PDA

View Full Version : For those of you dogging Haley

King_of_the_Cassel
09-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Sure Haley swears alot, but he at least has the respect of his players. The team as a whole lost over 700 lbs! What the heck was Herm doing, taking them to Ci CI's? It is true that we could be sitting here 2-0 right now, but that would have been more than we expected. The new regime is showing promise and Cassel made two mistakes but man he has great footwork in the pocket. Anyone who expected Haley to take this team Herm and Carl destroyed to the playoffs this year is being ludicris. For those calling for Bill COwher, how many years did it take him to lead the Steelers to a SB? Give Haley a season before you go for his throat.. Be a real Chiefs fan, not a fair weather fan...

McLovin
09-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Agreed on most everything you said, the only difference is .... A loss to the Raiders is NEVER acceptable. Especially when you dominate everything but the score.

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Sure Haley swears alot, but he at least has the respect of his players.

Really??? How do you know this? We know he did not have the respect of a lot of players in Arizona because his players in Arizona told us about it after he was gone.

The team as a whole lost over 700 lbs! What the heck was Herm doing, taking them to Ci CI's? It is true that we could be sitting here 2-0 right now, but that would have been more than we expected.

Maybe more than you expected, I expected 1-1 at this point and we are not even that.

The new regime is showing promise and Cassel made two mistakes but man he has great footwork in the pocket. Anyone who expected Haley to take this team Herm and Carl destroyed to the playoffs this year is being ludicris.

I don't think I expected the playoffs but I expect MORE wins than we had last year. We have the players we need to win more games than last year. 4-12 would be an improvement, but I am not even seeing that at this point. The Raiders are about the worse team we are going to see this season, well marginally the Broncos are worse, but we cannot beat the Raiders at home? And somehow that is improvement?

For those calling for Bill COwher, how many years did it take him to lead the Steelers to a SB? Give Haley a season before you go for his throat.. Be a real Chiefs fan, not a fair weather fan...

Dude, seriously, you have to think before you post, we are not even talking Super Bowl run here, we are talking winning games at this point, the Super Bowl is a pipe dream. You have to win a football game before you can even think of being a playoff team.

By the way, Cowher had Pittsburgh leading his Division almost every season, he was a perrenial playoff coach taking his team to the playoffs almost every year he was there.

Out of 14 seasons, he missed going to the playoffs 5 times., yeah he only went to the Super Bowl once and that was after 13 years there, but he was able to get his team in the position to win year after year.

To me that is a pretty good coach who will demand more respect than the leader we have now.

Bike
09-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Sure Haley swears alot, but he at least has the respect of his players. The team as a whole lost over 700 lbs! What the heck was Herm doing, taking them to Ci CI's? It is true that we could be sitting here 2-0 right now, but that would have been more than we expected. The new regime is showing promise and Cassel made two mistakes but man he has great footwork in the pocket. Anyone who expected Haley to take this team Herm and Carl destroyed to the playoffs this year is being ludicris. For those calling for Bill COwher, how many years did it take him to lead the Steelers to a SB? Give Haley a season before you go for his throat.. Be a real Chiefs fan, not a fair weather fan...
Are you sure about that? I, for one, do NOT think Haley has the respect of his players - yet. And, two, I am not a real Chiefs fan because I am venting after a raiders loss at home? I would not be a real Chiefs fan if I didn't. Should we all just have your opinion concerning Haley and close the book? Get real, genius.

Everest
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
I think people just had very high hopes for this season (not a playoff team but 8-8) and they haven't been fufilled so far. It's just hard to take.

greg3564
09-20-2009, 08:24 PM
I think people just had very high hopes for this season (not a playoff team but 8-8) and they haven't been fufilled so far. It's just hard to take.

8-8? Really? Come on, I don't care who the coach is, but going from 2-14 to 8-8 is unrealistic. Especially after loosing the greatest TE to play the game. Herm did so much damage to this team that it will take 2-3 seasons to be competitive again. He drafted cr@ppy players, had cr@ppy coaches under him and miscoached all the young talent that was brought in. When young players are coached wrong, it takes some time to break those bad habits and get them on the right track. I know that sucks, but it's being realistic.

Bike
09-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Even if we just won one game all year, I would have wanted it against the raiders at home...

McLovin
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Really??? How do you know this? We know he did not have the respect of a lot of players in Arizona because his players in Arizona told us about it after he was gone.

Maybe more than you expected, I expected 1-1 at this point and we are not even that.

I don't think I expected the playoffs but I expect MORE wins than we had last year. We have the players we need to win more games than last year. 4-12 would be an improvement, but I am not even seeing that at this point. The Raiders are about the worse team we are going to see this season, well marginally the Broncos are worse, but we cannot beat the Raiders at home? And somehow that is improvement?

Dude, seriously, you have to think before you post, we are not even talking Super Bowl run here, we are talking winning games at this point, the Super Bowl is a pipe dream. You have to win a football game before you can even think of being a playoff team.

By the way, Cowher had Pittsburgh leading his Division almost every season, he was a perrenial playoff coach taking his team to the playoffs almost every year he was there.

Out of 14 seasons, he missed going to the playoffs 5 times., yeah he only went to the Super Bowl once and that was after 13 years there, but he was able to get his team in the position to win year after year.

To me that is a pretty good coach who will demand more respect than the leader we have now.

From the sound of this sounds like you would love Marty back as well, I for one am tired of recycled coaches. I want to give Haley a chance.

As far as respect, He may be demanding it but I know at least LJ has said he has a lot of respect for Haley. And seems to me that as much as everyone hated LJs attitude that the turn around in attitude alone should be a good start at giving Haley a chance to prove he can be a good coach.

As far as changing O-Coordinator within 2 weeks of the first game, might not have been great timing but he said he felt it was a better option then going with something that just wasnt going to work. I for one respect that.

Do I think Haley has been perfect so far, No ... far from it, but we gave Hermie at least a season and a half before we condemned him and he was a proven loser coming in, now after 2 games with what he inherited from Hermie and there are some fans ready to hang Haley already. I would tend to believe these are the same ones that were soooo anxious to get rid of Carl Peterson, and hopefully hated Hermie. Because seriously if someone liked Hermie and doesn't like Haley I couldn't take a thing they said serious.

We got the regime change we wanted, I think now is the time for a little patience to allow them to regroup and put a winning product on the field.

But again a loss against the Raiders is NEVER acceptable.

matthewschiefs
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Hailey is not toatly to blame. Yes he is the head coach of the chiefs. But he took over a young team. They make mistakes that cost you games. He will need time to coach theses guys to not make mistakes.

at the same time he is the one that is to get wins and so far he has not gottent the job done. Hailey deserves neither hatered or blame at this point. He deserves time to coach guys who imo have not recived good coaching since they got to the nfl. Its to early to dog hailey just yet.

honda522
09-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Agreed on most everything you said, the only difference is .... A loss to the Raiders is NEVER acceptable. Especially when you dominate everything but the score.
We lost to the Raiders last year at home to...remember that. The problem is the raiders are getting alittle better.

okikcfan
09-20-2009, 08:58 PM
8-8? Really? Come on, I don't care who the coach is, but going from 2-14 to 8-8 is unrealistic. Especially after loosing the greatest TE to play the game. Herm did so much damage to this team that it will take 2-3 seasons to be competitive again. He drafted cr@ppy players, had cr@ppy coaches under him and miscoached all the young talent that was brought in. When young players are coached wrong, it takes some time to break those bad habits and get them on the right track. I know that sucks, but it's being realistic.

Well I agree with alot of what you say, and yes it may be some what unrealistic to think we could go 8 & 8 but again, look at what Miami did. I think we did better overall and Cassel has not seen a full practice for some time now. Progress may not be as fast as we would like it and losing to the raiders is, yes the hardest part but with hard a"" Haley and Cassel getting back to full time I truely think each game will get better.

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
We lost to the Raiders last year at home to...remember that. The problem is the raiders are getting alittle better.

I remember that, and the year before as well, another loss at home. That was with a horrible Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson as well.

The Raiders are no better this year than they were the last two years.

In 2007, we had that stupid call by Edwards, you remember the one, where he threw the challenge flag and then immediately called a timeout right after he lost the challenge?

In 2008, you remember that game, the game where the Raiders ran all over us all game? That was also the game where we expiremented with three different QBs, and ended up being killed by a team that went 4-12 that year.

Bike
09-20-2009, 09:06 PM
From the sound of this sounds like you would love Marty back as well, I for one am tired of recycled coaches. I want to give Haley a chance.

As far as respect, He may be demanding it but I know at least LJ has said he has a lot of respect for Haley. And seems to me that as much as everyone hated LJs attitude that the turn around in attitude alone should be a good start at giving Haley a chance to prove he can be a good coach.

As far as changing O-Coordinator within 2 weeks of the first game, might not have been great timing but he said he felt it was a better option then going with something that just wasnt going to work. I for one respect that.

Do I think Haley has been perfect so far, No ... far from it, but we gave Hermie at least a season and a half before we condemned him and he was a proven loser coming in, now after 2 games with what he inherited from Hermie and there are some fans ready to hang Haley already. I would tend to believe these are the same ones that were soooo anxious to get rid of Carl Peterson, and hopefully hated Hermie. Because seriously if someone liked Hermie and doesn't like Haley I couldn't take a thing they said serious.

We got the regime change we wanted, I think now is the time for a little patience to allow them to regroup and put a winning product on the field.

But again a loss against the Raiders is NEVER acceptable.
I'll give you the fact that I need to show a little patience. But back-to-back losses to stud qbs Flacco and Russell ain't exactly the same as losing to - say - Brees and Manning. We need a win.

chiefnut
09-20-2009, 09:11 PM
this loss was devastating cause it should never have happened. we dominated all but the last 4 minutes of the game. we should have had 2 int's, one for a TD and one to stop their last drive. Cassel played like crap, had one great throw for the Td, but repeatedly missed open recievers including the second int. not to mention that end of half pass, 14 seconds left and you pass for 2yds in bounds w/no time outs left, just throw it away. That would have been the tying FG. if he doesn't throw that int that's the winning FG. not one person to blame for the loss but all in all we should have won this one.

honda522
09-20-2009, 10:05 PM
I remember that, and the year before as well, another loss at home. That was with a horrible Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson as well.

The Raiders are no better this year than they were the last two years.

In 2007, we had that stupid call by Edwards, you remember the one, where he threw the challenge flag and then immediately called a timeout right after he lost the challenge?

In 2008, you remember that game, the game where the Raiders ran all over us all game? That was also the game where we expiremented with three different QBs, and ended up being killed by a team that went 4-12 that year.

How are we suppose to remember that? He did it more than once.

metalstorm999
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM
divisional games are always close, but christ i'm tired of losing, especially to the raiders&chargers. i'm from southern california so being the only chiefs fan within 50 square miles sucks.i deal with their bs smack talking on a daily basis,i'ts bs.guess it's just payback for dominating them both all those years.oh well,just had to vent after another bullsh$t loss.

Pro_Angler
09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
you play to win the game and he did that with the qb talent he had.

josh1971
09-20-2009, 10:55 PM
With the Broncs, Raiders, Bengals, Browns, Bolts on the back end of the schedule, there's no reason we couldn't eek out a few wins once we get going.

Especially if this O-line starts to gel and get better as a unit.

jb

Hayvern
09-20-2009, 10:59 PM
divisional games are always close, but christ i'm tired of losing, especially to the raiders&chargers. i'm from southern california so being the only chiefs fan within 50 square miles sucks.i deal with their bs smack talking on a daily basis,i'ts bs.guess it's just payback for dominating them both all those years.oh well,just had to vent after another bullsh loss.

I too am in Southern California, and going to work tomorrow is going to suck.

texaschief
09-20-2009, 11:01 PM

The Raiders are also spending money that we're not. This franchise is NOT committed to winning games right now... nor have they been for at least three years.

KottkeKU
09-20-2009, 11:14 PM
i was at the game this afternoon, but i was extremely disappointed with Haley's play calling....did Cassel throw it longer than 20 yards once other than Bowe's touchdown??? (great catch Dwayne..)

i seriously do not remember any shots downfield...it was like watching a Herman Edwards coached team all over again....and after Brodie's solid performance throwing all over BAL i figured with Cassel at the helm we wouldve atleast taken a few shots downfield....but it never happened... i really like what Haley has been doing but he blew it big time this afternoon....

the missed FG opportunity at half was Cassel and Haley's fault...poor throw and poor management...it ultimately cost us the game in the end...just SO many opportunities left out on the field to win the game...countless times we should have intercepted Russell's pass, especially in the 4th quarter when all we needed was one stop...

and i also felt the ref's cost us a stop that lead up to the Raider's game clinching drive....damn ref's, they always do something horrible...

Defense still blows real hard, Jamarcus Russell looked like Peyton Manning in the 4th quarter...thats pathetic. ..gonna be a real long season if you cant beat the Raiders at the home opener....very dissapointing...

honda522
09-20-2009, 11:16 PM
The Raiders are also spending money that we're not. This franchise is NOT committed to winning games right now... nor have they been for at least three years.
Your wrong, in the past maybe they were. I don't think Haley is trying to get this 53 man unit to lose. Its not like we lose and he goes and shrugs and says well...good game.

Haley is pushing for a win.

honda522
09-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Defense still blows real hard, Jamarcus Russell looked like Peyton Manning in the 4th quarter...thats pathetic. ..gonna be a real long season if you cant beat the Raiders at the home opener....very dissapointing...

Really? Thats why he was 3 for 6 on the last drive.

Just saying.

texaschief
09-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Your wrong, in the past maybe they were. I don't think Haley is trying to get this 53 man unit to lose. Its not like we lose and he goes and shrugs and says well...good game.

Haley is pushing for a win.

There's no way you can honestly say that ANY franchise that still has the MOST money left to spend, is serious about winning. Go look at ANY sport and you will see that 9 times out of 10, the team with the lowest payroll is usually one of the worst teams in the league. When a franchise thinks they have a chance to win, they start to spend money... this franchise doesn't think it can win; thus, it's not spending any money. Until there is a solid foundation of young talent to build on, this franchise won't spend money and won't take winning seriously.

honda522
09-20-2009, 11:44 PM
There's no way you can honestly say that ANY franchise that still has the MOST money left to spend, is serious about winning. Go look at ANY sport and you will see that 9 times out of 10, the team with the lowest payroll is usually one of the worst teams in the league. When a franchise thinks they have a chance to win, they start to spend money... this franchise doesn't think it can win; thus, it's not spending any money. Until there is a solid foundation of young talent to build on, this franchise won't spend money and won't take winning seriously.
:sign0153:

Were 7 million under cap, thats not a whole lot, but who are you going to sign? There is no one worth picking up at the moment.

texaschief
09-20-2009, 11:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/2759/afc-west-salary-cap-room-update
:sign0153:

Were 7 million under cap, thats not a whole lot, but who are you going to sign? There is no one worth picking up at the moment.

This is the most current thing I could find for you, but we're actually 7 million under that salary FLOOR. There's a BIG difference. If I'm wrong, I'd like to know where we spent 23 million since the end of July. TJ is the most expensive acquisition we've made since then and he barely made a dent in 30 million.

McLovin
09-21-2009, 12:18 AM
AFC West salary cap room update - AFC West - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/2759/afc-west-salary-cap-room-update)

This is the most current thing I could find for you, but we're actually 7 million under that salary FLOOR. There's a BIG difference. If I'm wrong, I'd like to know where we spent 23 million since the end of July. TJ is the most expensive acquisition we've made since then and he barely made a dent in 30 million.
Actually from the numbers in that article they were right around the floor at that time, If you were the football genius you seem to think you were you would know this.

Salary Cap 2009 127 Million
Salary Floor 2009 95.25 Million
Difference 32.25 Million
Cap Room as of July 27th 30.16 Million or 96.84 Million spent (at that time)

Resulting in over a Million over the floor. Also meaning your 8 Million off, are you a Wall Street trader wow.

Figure out what your talking about before you continue to harp on things you know nothing about.

texaschief
09-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Actually from the numbers in that article they were right around the floor at that time, If you were the football genius you seem to think you were you would know this.

Salary Cap 2009 127 Million
Salary Floor 2009 95.25 Million
Difference 32.25 Million
Cap Room as of July 27th 30.16 Million or 96.84 Million spent (at that time)

Resulting in over a Million over the floor. Also meaning your 8 Million off, are you a Wall Street trader wow.

Figure out what your talking about before you continue to harp on things you know nothing about.

Here you go, jacka$$

Records show Bucs have $30M in cap space
by Alex Marvez

Updated: September 12, 2009, 4:10 PM EDT

To say the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have money to burn is an understatement.

The Bucs will enter the 2009 season with more salary-cap space than any other franchise. Tampa Bay currently has $30 million in room, according to financial data obtained by FOXSports.com.

No other team has anywhere close to that amount of cap space. Green Bay has $17 million available, followed by Kansas City ($16 million), Chicago ($15 million) and Cleveland ($15 million).

The Chiefs also are the only NFL team that hasn't reached the minimum spending floor mandated under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Clubs are required to spend 87.6 percent of their cap total on player salaries. The Chiefs are $7 million short of that mark.

If Kansas City doesn't reach the floor by season's end, the $7 million will be split among every player who has appeared on the Chiefs roster since the beginning of training camp.

Tampa Bay's frugality is nothing new. The Bucs have a team cap figure of $144 million $16 million more than the official league number because of credits accrued from previous seasons when the club didn't spend to the cap. The Bucs tried using cap space on high-profile player acquisitions during the offseason but couldn't sign free agent defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth or swing a trade with New England for quarterback Matt Cassel.

Wide receiver Antonio Bryant, linebacker Barrett Ruud and left tackle Donald Penn are Tampa Bay's top veterans whose contracts expire after this season. While the Bucs have ample cap space available, the financial issues of team ownership could hinder negotiations with those players.

Kansas City has a different kind of cap problem a roster lacking talent worthy of lucrative extensions. Linebacker Derrick Johnson is the top Chiefs player whose contract expires at season's end. But under new CBA rules set to begin in 2010, the number of complete NFL seasons required for unrestricted free agency jumps from four to six seasons. That means Johnson will become a restricted free agent whose services could be retained for a lesser price in 2010 than a long-term deal.

The final year of the CBA agreement also abolishes the salary cap altogether and minimum spending limits on player salaries. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said he doesn't expect an agreement on a new CBA with the players union before an uncapped system goes into effect in March.

The NFL is on track for a work stoppage in 2011 unless a new labor pact is reached.

A list of teams with the least amount of cap space wasn't immediately available, but Carolina is believed to be the frontrunner with less than $5 million in room. Carolina's cap is tight for two reasons the team's 2008 roster has remained almost entirely intact and defensive end Julius Peppers is consuming almost $18 million in space as Carolina's franchise player.

bigpoppachief
09-21-2009, 04:14 AM
A reason I reall ylike Haley is this quote he amde during the post game conference

Do you feel like you coached smart today? How the half ended, Id say no because Im the leader of this football team and when you have the ball in an area where you can score points and you dont get points its going to fall on me. So, Id say no.

I like that someone that is taking charge and taking blame even though I think he coached pretty well except for not just taking the FG with no time outs remaining

Chiefster
09-21-2009, 04:23 AM
Ok, everyone. Personally degrading comments and childish name calling are not what we're about here. Please, do not make replies "personal" in nature.

brish
09-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Atleast he's taking responsibility, and not just sitting there flapping his yap like some other coach, who shall remain nameless..

HERM!

McLovin
09-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Here you go, jacka$$

Records show Bucs have $30M in cap space
by Alex Marvez

Updated: September 12, 2009, 4:10 PM EDT

To say the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have money to burn is an understatement.

The Bucs will enter the 2009 season with more salary-cap space than any other franchise. Tampa Bay currently has $30 million in room, according to financial data obtained by FOXSports.com.

No other team has anywhere close to that amount of cap space. Green Bay has $17 million available, followed by Kansas City ($16 million), Chicago ($15 million) and Cleveland ($15 million).

The Chiefs also are the only NFL team that hasn't reached the minimum spending floor mandated under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Clubs are required to spend 87.6 percent of their cap total on player salaries. The Chiefs are $7 million short of that mark.

If Kansas City doesn't reach the floor by season's end, the $7 million will be split among every player who has appeared on the Chiefs roster since the beginning of training camp.

Tampa Bay's frugality is nothing new. The Bucs have a team cap figure of $144 million $16 million more than the official league number because of credits accrued from previous seasons when the club didn't spend to the cap. The Bucs tried using cap space on high-profile player acquisitions during the offseason but couldn't sign free agent defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth or swing a trade with New England for quarterback Matt Cassel.

Wide receiver Antonio Bryant, linebacker Barrett Ruud and left tackle Donald Penn are Tampa Bay's top veterans whose contracts expire after this season. While the Bucs have ample cap space available, the financial issues of team ownership could hinder negotiations with those players.

Kansas City has a different kind of cap problem a roster lacking talent worthy of lucrative extensions. Linebacker Derrick Johnson is the top Chiefs player whose contract expires at season's end. But under new CBA rules set to begin in 2010, the number of complete NFL seasons required for unrestricted free agency jumps from four to six seasons. That means Johnson will become a restricted free agent whose services could be retained for a lesser price in 2010 than a long-term deal.

The final year of the CBA agreement also abolishes the salary cap altogether and minimum spending limits on player salaries. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said he doesn't expect an agreement on a new CBA with the players union before an uncapped system goes into effect in March.

The NFL is on track for a work stoppage in 2011 unless a new labor pact is reached.

A list of teams with the least amount of cap space wasn't immediately available, but Carolina is believed to be the frontrunner with less than $5 million in room. Carolina's cap is tight for two reasons the team's 2008 roster has remained almost entirely intact and defensive end Julius Peppers is consuming almost $18 million in space as Carolina's franchise player.
Here I will post a link to the article you quoted.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10060856/Records-show-Bucs-have-$30M-in-cap-space (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10060856/Records-show-Bucs-have-$30M-in-cap-space)

Funny but the article doesn't contain the line that you bolded, also if we are far below the amount of cap space (by 14 million) as your article says then Tampa Bay why exactly would we be the ONLY one under the floor, it just doesn't add up.

chief31
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Here I will post a link to the article you quoted.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10060856/Records-show-Bucs-have-$30M-in-cap-space (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10060856/Records-show-Bucs-have-$30M-in-cap-space)

Funny but the article doesn't contain the line that you bolded, also if we are far below the amount of cap space (by 14 million) as your article says then Tampa Bay why exactly would we be the ONLY one under the floor, it just doesn't add up.

TC doesn't usually conjur statements like that, so I decided to check into it a bit.

First thing I noticed was the change of date, from the one posted by TC. (12th - 17th)

So I did a yahoo search for this portion of what was omitted... < The Chiefs also are the only NFL team that hasn't reached the minimum spending >

Sure enough, fifth listing is to the exact link you posted, Mclovin.

And, as you pointed out, all of the parts regarding The Chiefs are missing. Even the searched portion, which still linked me to that page.

My guess is hat the story has been altered, to make it shorter, and more to the point about Tampa.

Not sure why. But it does seem like there would be a reason that that particular search would link that exact page, even quoting ""Kansas City is the only team in the league that hasn't reached the minimum spending floor ... Fancy NFL Preview: The Kansas City Chiefs by Saberhagendaaz ..." as the caption to that page.

It is also possible that the writer made some kind of an error, and pulled part of the statement.

Seek
09-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I wasn't a fan for or against Haley, but I love what he is doing. The cursing out each player after bad plays will get old, but I am definately on board with him.

I do love that this is basically a bunch of left overs off the street dominated a team supposedly polished off as a final product.

Can you guys imagine if some of these things happened.

A. The on sides kick actually worked, as it almost did. OH man.. That would have been freaking awesome.

B. Flowers had a pick six hit him in the hands.

C. Had we scored the field goa before half.

D. The unessary roughness penalty that kept the scoring drive alive for Oakland. Just touch the guy.

This team is much better than I thought it would be. They are certainly going the right direction.

KottkeKU
09-21-2009, 03:28 PM

A. The on sides kick actually worked, as it almost did. OH man.. That would have been freaking awesome.

D. The unessary roughness penalty that kept the scoring drive alive for Oakland. Just touch the guy.

I don't know about you, but seeing all the opportunities slip through our hands is not really encouraging to me, it is way more frustrating than anything else....there is no excuses for that many missed opportunities, and i blame everyone, Haley and the team in all...

and im sure you could add on another 4 or 5 opportunities we had to ice the game...just never happened..so frustrating, and now we have Raiders fans saying "i told you so", etc....we should've won that game.

Bike
09-21-2009, 04:15 PM
I don't know about you, but seeing all the opportunities slip through our hands is not really encouraging to me, it is way more frustrating than anything else....there is no excuses for that many missed opportunities, and i blame everyone, Haley and the team in all...

and im sure you could add on another 4 or 5 opportunities we had to ice the game...just never happened..so frustrating, and now we have Raiders fans saying "i told you so", etc....we should've won that game.
How 'bout at the beginning of the game, 4th and 1 from the 5 and you kick a field goal? Bad call Haley. When you're not a great football team you got to take some chances to win the game. Even if we don't get the 1st they are still in a hole with Russell for cryin' out loud. We most likely woulda got the ball back in great field position. But if we do get the 1st we got 4 shots at the end zone. 7-0. Doesn't make since to me.

Hayvern
09-21-2009, 05:16 PM
I wasn't a fan for or against Haley, but I love what he is doing. The cursing out each player after bad plays will get old, but I am definately on board with him.

I do love that this is basically a bunch of left overs off the street dominated a team supposedly polished off as a final product.

This team is much better than I thought it would be. They are certainly going the right direction.

But these are exactly the same kind of woulda coulda shoulda scenarios we had last year. Remember, we had 7 or 8 games that we lost by less than a touchdown. It is these kinds of mental mistakes that keeps us from winning football games.

These are the things we HAVE NOT Improved on and should have been the things we DID improve on.

Seek
09-21-2009, 07:06 PM

to me, it just comes down to the lack of talent or newness of a team. I think Haley was very aggressive and did everything he could to win the game. He is also a rookie HC, so he isn't going to be polished. The players are either out matched or still catching up to being on a new team.

At least we can look at this game and say, yeah, we knew we sucked and are working on it. What is your excuse..

Seek
09-21-2009, 07:09 PM
But these are exactly the same kind of woulda coulda shoulda scenarios we had last year. Remember, we had 7 or 8 games that we lost by less than a touchdown. It is these kinds of mental mistakes that keeps us from winning football games.

These are the things we HAVE NOT Improved on and should have been the things we DID improve on.

It is the second game of the season. He is a rookie HC. There are many people in this forum who were not this critical of Herm until his third year. Haley was dealt a bunch of BS and all of sudden people think he should have a final polished team by week 2. Wow...

Haley did a lot of good things. People are feasting on the few mistakes... Herm never got this much deserved bashing.

texaschief
09-21-2009, 07:12 PM
TC doesn't usually conjur statements like that, so I decided to check into it a bit.

First thing I noticed was the change of date, from the one posted by TC. (12th - 17th)

So I did a yahoo search for this portion of what was omitted... < The Chiefs also are the only NFL team that hasn't reached the minimum spending >

Sure enough, fifth listing is to the exact link you posted, Mclovin.

And, as you pointed out, all of the parts regarding The Chiefs are missing. Even the searched portion, which still linked me to that page.

My guess is hat the story has been altered, to make it shorter, and more to the point about Tampa.

Not sure why. But it does seem like there would be a reason that that particular search would link that exact page, even quoting ""Kansas City is the only team in the league that hasn't reached the minimum spending floor ... Fancy NFL Preview: The Kansas City Chiefs by Saberhagendaaz ..." as the caption to that page.

It is also possible that the writer made some kind of an error, and pulled part of the statement.

I'm not the only one quoting this article...

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2009/09/14/pioli-is-managing-our-money/

texaschief
09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
It is the second game of the season. He is a rookie HC. There are many people in this forum who were not this critical of Herm until his third year. Haley was dealt a bunch of BS and all of sudden people think he should have a final polished team by week 2. Wow...

Haley did a lot of good things. People are feasting on the few mistakes... Herm never got this much deserved bashing.

For the record... I'm not bashing Haley. All I'm saying is he has less than half a season at the OC position and now he thinks he's experienced enough to be BOTH HC AND OC.

The guy deserves a fair shot. Two games isn't a fair shot.

AussieChiefsFan
09-22-2009, 02:29 AM
Here ya go again with ya "fairweather fan" quote! What on earth does that mean anyway!?!?

honda522
09-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Here ya go again with ya "fairweather fan" quote! What on earth does that mean anyway!?!?
Means when you like a team when they win and hate them when they lose. Or when you like a team cause they go 16-0

yashi
09-22-2009, 12:08 PM
which is stupid, considering we're posting at a Chiefs forum this very second for all of the internet to see that we're fans of this team in the worst of times.

nigeriannightmare
09-22-2009, 03:03 PM
I'll give you the fact that I need to show a little patience. But back-to-back losses to stud qbs Flacco and Russell ain't exactly the same as losing to - say - Brees and Manning. We need a win.

Hey Flacco was within one game of the superbowl last year, as a rookie. He is gonna be good but losing to Jamarcus Russell is just pathetic, he looked terrible.

Coach
09-22-2009, 10:41 PM

I also am slightly concerned that we are the only team in the NFL that hasn't met the league minumum salary cap figure. I thought about this Sunday night after the game. My only thought was that Pioli wants to see where we need to spend the money before just going out and blowing it like Al Davis.

If the Chiefs don't get some help in the offseason next year via free agency, then I think they have some serious explaining to do. I can understand the logic of taking 1 year to assess the talent though on this roster under the current coaching regime. Nobody knew what this team would like because we have new faces on the field, on the sideline, and in the suites.

matthewschiefs
09-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I also am slightly concerned that we are the only team in the NFL that hasn't met the league minumum salary cap figure. I thought about this Sunday night after the game. My only thought was that Pioli wants to see where we need to spend the money before just going out and blowing it like Al Davis.

If the Chiefs don't get some help in the offseason next year via free agency, then I think they have some serious explaining to do. I can understand the logic of taking 1 year to assess the talent though on this roster under the current coaching regime. Nobody knew what this team would like because we have new faces on the field, on the sideline, and in the suites.

Anther thing is that with the collective barging agrement ending soon next year in all likelyhood will be an uncapped year. The Chiefs might just be saveing all the more money to spend then. Thats what i am hopeing for anyway.