PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson.

honda522
09-20-2009, 11:49 PM
This week, he looked great.

I saw a bunch of effort from him. He kept his head up, and feet rolling. If he could do that every week I could join that wagon people are.

The problem is sometimes he feels like exerting all the effort in the tank, and then other times he barley cares.

Chiefster
09-20-2009, 11:51 PM
We'll see how he does as the season progresses.

KCraised
09-21-2009, 12:07 AM
As much as i have said he is completely finished, he did look like the old Larry today. I never thought he couldn't physically play anymore, i just thought he was mentally thrashed. Maybe someone gave him a cookie....

azchiefsfan
09-21-2009, 12:50 AM
I think he still has the legs, I too question his heart. If the O line was any good at all, LJ would be consistently breaking off 150 yard games-he's that good. The thing is, he is no longer a wide-eyed rookie who believes he makes a difference-we're going to lose anyway. I really think somewhere he's thinking that someday he'll be on the train out of KC and if he keeps getting mauled evry game, what kind of a carrer will he have left. Before nuking me, put yourself in LJ's shoes. What is he getting beat to death for?

KCraised
09-21-2009, 07:46 AM
In answer to your question, he is getting beat to death for a sh**load of $$$, thats why. That was his decision to make. Getting pounded on in exchange for being able to retire wealthy in your 30's. Its a painful tradeoff but so is working in a steel mill or coal mine for a pitence of what he makes. Dont feel too bad for the guy;)

yashi
09-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Not to play devil's advocate, but 3.3 yards per carry is hardly old LJ. I think that was the 2nd least YPC he's ever had against the Raiders, in 10 matchups.

KCraised
09-21-2009, 09:03 AM
It was old LJ, in the fact that he had heart and he was moving piles and getting some yards after contact and hitting the line with effort. I think we are aware he didnt get 150 yards for the day. He did seem hungry for the first time in quite awhile.

wolfpack
09-21-2009, 09:20 AM
When Cassel gets rid the rust and has time with our wr`s, i think this willbe the biggest help for LJ. He wont see as much 8 man fronts.

Bike
09-21-2009, 04:45 PM
When Cassel gets rid the rust and has time with our wr`s, i think this willbe the biggest help for LJ. He wont see as much 8 man fronts.
I was not impressed with Cassels decision-making or his throws in this game. He'd better get that rust shaken off quick.

Isawa_mo
09-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Just remember, Trent Green did not look all that great his first season here. Once they got the pieces in around him, things looked much better. I am hoping the same will be true of Cassel.

yashi
09-21-2009, 04:50 PM
You know what's kind of annoying is that if you swap playcalling from weeks 1 and 2, we could potentially be 2-0 right now. It seems like the playbook was opened up a lot more for Cassel yesterday, and Croyle was having to deal with more short, conservative plays.

Pro_Angler
09-21-2009, 09:33 PM
yea his 2nd efforts looked great although i thought he was very slow and tentative hitting the holes for some reason.

nigeriannightmare
09-22-2009, 01:43 AM
yea his 2nd efforts looked great although i thought he was very slow and tentative hitting the holes for some reason.

with out a doubt, I was screaming hit the holes a lot.

AussieChiefsFan
09-22-2009, 01:46 AM
We'll see how he does as the season progresses.
and hope that some wins come with it.:bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
09-22-2009, 11:18 AM

At least he was giveing the 2nd effort and was not quiting going down on the first hit. I liked what i saw from him. Could he have been better ya but it was an improvement. hopefuly he keeps it up. GO CHIEFS!!!!!