PDA

View Full Version : Philly,,here we come!

wolfpack
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
No McNabb, their defense isnt what it use to be. I even here Westbrook mightbe out.
If the defense can play as good as they did against the faiders, with out the prevent and cut atleast half their yellow flags, they have a chance to stop them.
Cassel wont be as rusty,and make better decessions.
And hopefully the flags wont fly as much. The offense line,not great, but it seemed for the most part gave Cassel sometime to throw, can do it again.
Lj seed to run alittle better also.
I know i`m a homer sometimes but they wontbe looking at us as hard and we might, i say might, sneak out with a win.

yashi
09-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Vick gonna be eligible.. hopefully he runs some plays and makes some big mistakes. I think it's certainly a winnable game. Hell every game is winnable now since we kept the Baltimore game close the whole way, and that was one of our toughest matchups of the season.

Three7s
09-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Vick gonna be eligible.. hopefully he runs some plays and makes some big mistakes. I think it's certainly a winnable game. Hell every game is winnable now since we kept the Baltimore game close the whole way, and that was one of our toughest matchups of the season.
I know, I just have a feeling that our stupidity is gonna keep us from winning some games.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-21-2009, 11:54 AM
No McNabb, their defense isnt what it use to be. I even here Westbrook mightbe out.
If the defense can play as good as they did against the faiders, with out the prevent and cut atleast half their yellow flags, they have a chance to stop them.
And hopefully the flags wont fly as much. The offense line,not great, but it seemed for the most part gave Cassel sometime to throw, can do it again.
I know i`m a homer sometimes but they wontbe looking at us as hard and we might, i say might, sneak out with a win.
Did you actually watch yesterday's game?

Three7s
09-21-2009, 12:02 PM
I watched a game where the Chiefs outgained the Raiders 400-100, had the ball for 40 minutes of the game to their 20ish, and just completely crushed them on defense, with the exception of when Pendergast went retarded by going prevent.

Other than the prevent, we lost because of turnovers and penalties. It's not like we were blown off the field.

wolfpack
09-21-2009, 12:13 PM
I watched it twice.Cassel will get his timing down more and probably wont make the same bone head play he did before half. He seemed to step up into the pocket most of the time pretty good. Hopefuflly he`ll look down field more also.If the passing game does as good or better,Philly wont keep so many in the box for LJ to run. Faiders have a decent front 4 and we ran on them.Just keep the flags down.Need Bowe to get going earlier.
And for the most part the play calling was good.

Three7s
09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I watched it twice.Cassel will get his timing down more and probably wont make the same bone head play he did before half. He seemed to step up into the pocket most of the time pretty good. Hopefuflly he`ll look down field more also.If the passing game does as good or better,Philly wont keep so many in the box for LJ to run. Faiders have a decent front 4 and we ran on them.Just keep the flags down.Need Bowe to get going earlier.
And for the most part the play calling was good.
Besides that crap at the end of the half!

Drunker Hillbilly
09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Yea, they also had 25 first downs to 11 for Oakland......AND THEY STILL LOST!!!!!!!!! Quit sugar coating everything! We had 3 fricken points until 2 mins left in the game for god sakes! Stupid penalties, turnovers and just poor play is as much a part of the game as 400 yds and 40 mins of ball control and this team has displayed the bad play for much longer than they have the good play for the better part of the last several years!! Time to come to grips with the fact that this is still a baaaaaaad football team.

wolfpack
09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Are they bad?, yes. But you can see alot more positive things now then with hermmies team. The chiefs are still atleast a year away and some talent away but you see things you didnt see in hermmies.
For one thing is an attacking offense, one that wants 7 points,not 3 everytime.

josh1971
09-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Yea, they also had 25 first downs to 11 for Oakland......AND THEY STILL LOST!!!!!!!!! Quit sugar coating everything! We had 3 fricken points until 2 mins left in the game for god sakes! Stupid penalties, turnovers and just poor play is as much a part of the game as 400 yds and 40 mins of ball control and this team has displayed the bad play for much longer than they have the good play for the better part of the last several years!! Time to come to grips with the fact that this is still a baaaaaaad football team.

C h i e f s vs. R a i d e r s

Those are never normal games, never indicative of how either team is actually playing for the season. They are often low-scoring affairs that get ugly. See also- Bears vs. Packers

We'll see how it goes this week. But remember, you can talk about us being bad all you want, but we didn't give up 48 points like the Philly Cheese Steaks did yesterday.

:bananen_smilies046:

chiefconcern
09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
We have a chance to win this game. Just got to take care of the ball and play smarter. We did that against Baltimore and almost won. We can't give the ball away in the red zone. That is killer.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-21-2009, 06:39 PM
C h i e f s vs. R a i d e r s

Those are never normal games, never indicative of how either team is actually playing for the season. They are often low-scoring affairs that get ugly. See also- Bears vs. Packers

We'll see how it goes this week. But remember, you can talk about us being bad all you want, but we didn't give up 48 points like the Philly Cheese Steaks did yesterday.

:bananen_smilies046:

We play like that next week, Philly will score another 48 and we may score 10!!!

Sn@keIze
09-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Vick gonna be eligible.. hopefully he runs some plays and makes some big mistakes. I think it's certainly a winnable game. Hell every game is winnable now since we kept the Baltimore game close the whole way, and that was one of our toughest matchups of the season.I garuntee that Kolb will complete more than 7 passes.Kolb will make second consecutive start if McNabb can't return (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d812ce90f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

I hope we have an answer for Deshawn Jackson, they will probly use him and/or vick in the Wildcat.

Canada
09-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I garuntee that Kolb will complete more than 7 passes.Kolb will make second consecutive start if McNabb can't return (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d812ce90f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

I hope we have an answer for Deshawn Jackson, they will probly use him and/or vick in the Wildcat.

What good is the guaratee for? What do I get if u are wrong?

Bike
09-21-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm assumming you'll be crackin' open a cold one whether hes right or wrong...

Three7s
09-21-2009, 07:46 PM
I garuntee that Kolb will complete more than 7 passes.Kolb will make second consecutive start if McNabb can't return (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d812ce90f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

I think Jackson is gonna be injured for the game.

Sn@keIze
09-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I would like to say a Chiefs win. So I hope im wrong too.

However, Jamarcuss Russel completed only 7 passes and Oaklands running games wasnt good either and we still found a way to lose.

It doesnt matter if Flacco throws for 300 yds and Rice runs all over us or if we outgain the Faids in yds, it just seem like we are the doormat of NFL.

Im not looking foward to going through the NFC east gauntlet....

Pro_Angler
09-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Cassel will review the game tape and realize the time he had to throw and maybe he wontbe so rushed to run or throw the ball away. he has a game under his belt and i think he will have a chip on his shoulder from al the flak hes gotten from the press.
hopefully charles will be back cause although LJ looked good at getting extra yards he looked very slow and undescisive hitting the holes.
I predict we leave nothing on the tble and we win.

AussieChiefsFan
09-22-2009, 02:04 AM
here we come philly!!!!!!!!

doobs_05
09-22-2009, 03:31 AM
This game will really tell how good of a team we are...

pbatrucker
09-22-2009, 05:34 AM
This game will really tell how good of a team we are...

Let's hope for improvement every game!!!

josh1971
09-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm hoping the O-line gets a little better, the D-line gets a little better, and Cassell shakes off some rust and continues to show the fire.

I think it's realistic for us to win this game.

Coach
09-22-2009, 11:24 PM
I think the O-line better bring their "A" game, because this will be an even bigger test for them than Baltimore was. They blitz from every direction and Philly is a very loud place to play.

I must be a homer, but I really feel like this team can compete with anyone. They just need to figure out how to finish off games.

josh1971
09-23-2009, 12:46 AM
That has seemed to be the problem this year and last, hasn't it?

4 whole quarters of football would be nice to see. With all the talk of weight loss and conditioning, it shouldn't be a problem.

chief31
09-23-2009, 12:51 AM
While I feel we definitely have a chance in this game. I find myself leaning toward a loss.

I will hope that Cassel will be able to rack up some more yardage, and minimize the turnovers. But just don't think that this is the game that is going to allow him to get comfortable in the pocket.

josh1971
09-23-2009, 12:56 AM
While I feel we definitely have a chance in this game. I find myself leaning toward a loss.

I will hope that Cassel will be able to rack up some more yardage, and minimize the turnovers. But just don't think that this is the game that is going to allow him to get comfortable in the pocket.

I'm kinda up in the air- I feel like we definitely have the chance to win it, but skeptical just the same. I've got a lot of hope that our team will continue to play better, and maybe pull this one out.

I have hopes (as you do) that Cassell will have a bit better week- keep the turnovers down and score some points!

And whoever is playing QB for them, I'd like to see them on the turf a lot- whether it's sacks or just pressure.

jb

Chiefster
09-23-2009, 02:01 AM
Well this is the part of the season that most agree is going to be the roughest for us.

Connie Jo
09-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Are they bad?, yes. But you can see alot more positive things now then with hermmies team. The chiefs are still atleast a year away and some talent away but you see things you didnt see in hermmies.
For one thing is an attacking offense, one that wants 7 points,not 3 everytime.

Yeppers!! :D

matthewschiefs
09-23-2009, 10:09 AM
we are getting the eagles at the right time mcnabb will probley be out, Westbroke hurt his ankle in there last game. Not to mention that Hailey has beaten that D before in the playoffs this is a winable game i think. The chiefs wont be able to make mistakes but its a game they can win.

garciakcfan
09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Any Given Sunday....

obsessed
09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
To win this game we are going to need a special teams score and or defensive score. It will be tough but we are getting a very beat up Eagles team. I hate to admit this but without a non offensive score i see a loss comin.

Isawa_mo
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
I personally have a hard time deciding what will happen this week. I think the Chiefs can have a chance in this game.

Having said that, their passing game could give us problems (they still run a version of the West Coast right?). Teams that run a lot of short quick passes could be a big achilles heel for our defense. I think they need to give DJ more playing time. I think he is probably athletic enough to keep up with some of the underneath receivers.

I know their backup had three picks last week, but I did not see the game or any highlights, so I do not know what kind of attempts he was making. That and there had to be a lot more pressure to score against New Orleans than there will be against us.

Offensively, I think we can make some progress against the Philly D, from what I have heard. Even in the preseason they were having big questions about the D. Whether or not the Chiefs can make consistent plays without making mistakes is a big question mark now.

Anyhow, that is a synopsis on some of my thoughts about this game. In the end, I personally think we might break through with a win this week, but I do not feel as confident as I did about the Raiders game, and we all saw how that turned out. I am just trying to remember that its not all about the final score this year, but about progress. I try to remember the saying "its always darkest before the dawn". It felt pretty dark Sunday and then all week here. I am just not sure if we are at just past midnight or closer to 6 AM right before the sun comes up.

Chiefster
09-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Any Given Sunday....

Yup; aint whether ya win or lose....er, umm, well ok maybe it is whether you win or lose...:D j/k.

drstandley31
09-23-2009, 06:44 PM
We will win this game!

billb40
09-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Lets hope and pray for a win. At the start of the season this was diffidently a loss but now we have a chance.

We have to play like we did against Balt. if you can we have a chance.

jackofspades89
09-23-2009, 08:15 PM
anyone know why the spread isnt out for this game yet?

obsessed
09-23-2009, 11:38 PM
anyone know why the spread isnt out for this game yet?

Might be waiting to see if Vick is named Starting QB or not

Hayvern
09-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Might be waiting to see if Vick is named Starting QB or not

Some places have it. I saw it yesterday at -3 but today I see it at -9.5 so something changed, maybe Philly made an announcement or two?

mad555
09-24-2009, 01:28 PM
What are you smoking? The Eagles are not the "faders", or the bendover broncos, and whatever else bad team is in your horrific division. Our worst team, the Redskins, would be your best team in that college level division.
Get a grip, The eagles will be playing with their backups and on crutches and will easily beat the Mexican chiefs by 2 + TDs

Connie Jo
09-24-2009, 03:14 PM
What are you smoking? The Eagles are not the "faders", or the bendover broncos, and whatever else bad team is in your horrific division. Our worst team, the Redskins, would be your best team in that college level division.
Get a grip, The eagles will be playing with their backups and on crutches and will easily beat the Mexican chiefs by 2 + TDs

Well...rather than reply with thoughts verbally, I'll simply allow images rather than words to speak. I believe visuals will be more comprehendable in this case, haha. :D

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/09/46.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/09/47.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Chiefs/Raider%20SD%20Rival/eagles.gif

And the final outcome in visual reply thought...assuming you'll 'get' the visual, haha :D

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/09/48.jpg

Chiefster
09-24-2009, 03:37 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yashi
09-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Do you register a new account at a team's forum every week? Sounds like fun. Not really.

Chiefster
09-24-2009, 03:49 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/09/49.jpg

Three7s
09-25-2009, 12:01 PM
You know I'd give retards like you a lot more respect if it wasn't for the fact that not even your sig is right. It was in 05, lulz.

Bike
09-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Its a new day bud. Its over. Throw in the first Rocky dvd and kick back, relax, and reminisce...:iamwithstupid:

matthewschiefs
09-25-2009, 01:40 PM

Is that what you were playing with last week against the saints. oh does that still hurt. seems to me that your team yes its better at this point then the chiefs probley but the chiefs have the MUCH brighter future the Eagels will be going into rebuilding in the next 2 to 3 years. Not to mention all the injuries you have. The chiefs can very well win this sunday.

IlovetheChiefs
09-25-2009, 03:57 PM
[quote=Coach;157168]I think the O-line better bring their "A" game, because this will be an even bigger test for them than Baltimore was. They blitz from every direction and Philly is a very loud place to play.]

Especially since I will be there!!!!!!!

Nice visuals Connie!

doobs_05
09-26-2009, 11:56 PM
All i think about when i read Mad555 or whatever his name is comments is Bill Bur doing a stand up act in Philly and they boo him and Bill just tears the Philly fans a new one, making fun of rocky, the city, and the eagles. Look up Bill Bur Philidalphia on Youtube not a good quality vidoe but still funny as hell

AkChief49
09-27-2009, 01:26 AM
It would be a little funny if the defense (whilst Vick is on the field) gave few "woofs" here and there. If this was at Arrowhead, would they play "who let the dogs out"?

mad555
09-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Hey-how-are-ya, hey-how-are-ya, BWAAAAAAAA, That was the most pitiful performance I ever seen. Is it true that the Mexican Chiefs lost 25 of the last 27 games? Wow, I was at the game yesterday and it wasn't even close from the start. The Eagles backups whoop that Burrito booty. HAHAHA. So how many hours do you people face reailty before you go back to chiefs fanstasy land and start saying, Well, we might be able to beat so and so because they don't have... and they didn't play to good against... At least your coach didn't embarras your team on camera.

IlovetheChiefs
09-28-2009, 10:01 PM
The most pitiful performance you ever saw? You mean you didn't watch your team against the Saints last week? And I guess you didn't watch Seattle beat you 42-0 at your place a few years ago. Or when you lost to Baltimore 36-7 last year.

Hmmm, you say you were at the game and it wasn't even close from the start. Yet in the 2nd quarter it was 14-7. I guess a one touchdown lead in the 2nd quarter is a rout huh.

And your sig says 2006. Can't even get the correct year for a game you claim to love watching so much on nfl network. It was 2005. And I remember it well. I remember how the Eagles went 3-9 the rest of the season after that game and how the Chiefs went 8-4.

And a couple of questions. Have the Chiefs ever won a Super Bowl? Have the Eagles ever won a Super Bowl? In case you don't know the answers, the answer to the first question is yes. And the answer to the second question is no.

Sorry for feeding the trolls (Other than I had a lot of fun doing so BWAAAAAAAA!)

doobs_05
09-29-2009, 03:25 AM
Hey-how-are-ya, hey-how-are-ya, BWAAAAAAAA, That was the most pitiful performance I ever seen. Is it true that the Mexican Chiefs lost 25 of the last 27 games? Wow, I was at the game yesterday and it wasn't even close from the start. The Eagles backups whoop that Burrito booty. HAHAHA. So how many hours do you people face reailty before you go back to chiefs fanstasy land and start saying, Well, we might be able to beat so and so because they don't have... and they didn't play to good against... At least your coach didn't embarras your team on camera.

Hey Canada, how is that super bowl Trophy looking???