PDA

View Full Version : Fairweather Fans

King_of_the_Cassel
09-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I cant speak for everybody, but I am sick of these phony fair weather fans on here. If you are a real fan then you would understand even though we hate losing to the Raiders, our team as a whole showed remarkable improvements. If you dont like the CHiefs now, then go join the Broncos fans.

yashi
09-21-2009, 04:52 PM
If you're a real fan, you would take losing to the Raiders at home a little harder.

King_of_the_Cassel
09-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I DID HATE LOSING TO THE FAIDERS,MY POINT WASNT THAT WE SHOULDNT BE DISAPPOINTED ABOUT LOSING TO THE FAIDERS< IT WAS ABOUT FAIRWEATHER FANS. IAM WITH YOU ON HATING THEM LOSING TO OAK, BUT I STILL LOVE AND BLEED RED AND ALWAYS WILL.

Bike
09-21-2009, 05:28 PM
You aint gonna do well here calling out fellow Chiefs fans as phonies.

Crawdadr
09-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Frankly I am of the oppinion that all the fair weather fans done left the building a LONG time ago. If you are still in too them at this point then you are a fan.

KCraised
09-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Hardcore fans demand excellence. Hardcore fans ***** and complain because they HATE to see thier beloved team lose. But, i will bet you money that every single person on here will be here for as long as the Chiefs have games. And if youre still a fan after this nasty losing streak, youre a hardcore fanatic....Its just a "venting process";)

Three7s
09-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Wow, yet another fan that says we can't be critical. Ohhh no. Guess what? Too bad, I'll be critical of the team I've watched my whole life as much as I want and you won't stop me.

Hayvern
09-21-2009, 06:05 PM
I cant speak for everybody, but I am sick of these phony fair weather fans on here. If you are a real fan then you would understand even though we hate losing to the Raiders, our team as a whole showed remarkable improvements. If you dont like the CHiefs now, then go join the Broncos fans.

I am sick of people calling me a fair weather fan because this team is not improving. Seriously, I am not seeing any improvement over last year. Our defense was keeping us within a a touchdown many many games last year and our offense was not good enough to put the points on the board.

This team is not improving. The same problems we had last year, we have this year. No pass rush and no offensive line, in a couple areas we are even worse, can you say receiving core.

I am still a fan because I will defend my team against any other team's fan that thinks they have an argument against how bad the Chiefs are, but here, amidst other people who are like me, I am going to vent when we have stupid games like this last weekend.

buffman316
09-21-2009, 06:38 PM
You are absolutely right on. These fans that complain all the time cannot see the vast improvements we are making. I still say we have 5 or 6 wins this year. This team has so many new parts and yet they are competing in every game. Look at the Lions getting own out. Let these new guys gel together and watch what happens.

Three7s
09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
You are absolutely right on. These fans that complain all the time cannot see the vast improvements we are making. I still say we have 5 or 6 wins this year. This team has so many new parts and yet they are competing in every game. Look at the Lions getting own out. Let these new guys gel together and watch what happens.
Have we honestly improved in any areas other than defense?

CapitalT
09-21-2009, 07:30 PM
So what you're saying is that the only true Chiefs fans are the people that will agree with your method of dealing with a loss?

If your point is to try to look at some of the positives as well as the negatives, I'll consider that.

The moment I come to the Chiefs Crowd and everyone is primarily looking at the positives after a loss to the Raiders, is the day I know something is wrong.

Ldub
09-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Ill say it again, we have a new GM, new coach, and new system. If you expect us to be a contender the following year after an offseason with these kind of changes your insane. Its all about the baby steps at this point!

I have no problem with people being critical... our team sucks, we all know that. This team will not make the playoffs, we all should know that too. Knowing these two things I try to be a "glass is half full" sort of guy and notice the improvements. Some people like to talk about what the team lacks. When it all comes down it it we all want the same thing, and we are all Chief fans here.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-21-2009, 07:43 PM

I got your fair weather fan right here dude!!!:iamwithstupid: Our team as a whole showed improvement???????????????? I guess I didn't realize scoring 10 points after having the ball for 40 mins was improvement but now that you mention it...........Yeahy I still don't see the improvement!!

Canada
09-21-2009, 07:46 PM

I am going to say yes. When was the last time you saw anyone on here complain that all we do is run run pass punt. That was a daily occurance when Herm was the HC so obviously there has been some improvement.

Canada
09-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I got your fair weather fan right here dude!!!:iamwithstupid: Our team as a whole showed improvement???????????????? I guess I didn't realize scoring 10 points after having the ball for 40 mins was improvement but now that you mention it...........Yeahy I still don't see the improvement!!

We played a better opener against Oakland this season than last season.

Three7s
09-21-2009, 07:48 PM
I am going to say yes. When was the last time you saw anyone on here complain that all we do is run run pass punt. That was a daily occurance when Herm was the HC so obviously there has been some improvement.
I'll agree that we have moved the ball more, but now we just gotta get points. Then I can say that we've truly improved the offense.

Canada
09-21-2009, 07:50 PM
I'll agree that we have moved the ball more, but now we just gotta get points. Then I can say that we've truly improved the offense.

No doubt, it definitely has not been a major improvement, but at least we are headed in the right direction!! :bananen_smilies046:

SAPHOJUNKIE
09-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Our run game looked a lot better, that's for sure. Personally, I really like Haley. I think he is going to do a great job, and already I see a marked improvement in the overall quality of the team. that being said, losing to the raiders at home took a lot of wind out of my sails, and I am not happy about it.

I trust that Haley is equally upset, but that doesn't do much to quell my frustration. Personally, I don't think this team can be evaluated even a little bit until the current regime has a chance to go into the draft with a full year of scouting reports done by THEIR guys and geared toward THEIR system.

However, in the meantime, winning 5 or 6 games isn't asking too much, I don't think. And winning your home opener against the raiders sure as heck isn't.

KCraised
09-21-2009, 08:47 PM
I feel sorry for the guy that drove from Canada to watch us lose like that. Hope he found Kansas City fans and the town hospitable. Now thats a hardcore fan!!!:)

Drunker Hillbilly
09-21-2009, 08:51 PM
We played a better opener against Oakland this season than last season.
And lost.........if you improve and still lose is that an improvement?

honda522
09-21-2009, 08:52 PM
You aint gonna do well here calling out fellow Chiefs fans as phonies.
I believe there are a few phonie fans here. I also agree with OP. I think its complete BS they lost, but some people here make me wonder if they are true fans or not.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-21-2009, 08:55 PM
IMO...to be a true fan does not require saying something optimistic after every loss.

SIC J
09-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Fact is, til the Chiefs win a game, most people are going to be complaining and upset.

The last 3 years I have been right about how many games they were going to win each season, YES even last years 2 win season. This year with the changes, I predicted 6 or 7 wins. I'd be happy with that with all the changes that had been made.

Next season, I think we should be on the right track and should have no excuse to not win our division and make the playoffs.

Bike
09-21-2009, 09:19 PM
I believe there are a few phonie fans here. I also agree with OP. I think its complete BS they lost, but some people here make me wonder if they are true fans or not.
I can't think of really of any phonies at the moment, but the season premier of House is on so I must bid you all a good night.

honda522
09-21-2009, 09:45 PM
IMO...to be a true fan does not require saying something optimistic after every loss.
Thats just a sign of a fan who has been thru too much with a team. :lol:

Drunker Hillbilly
09-21-2009, 09:50 PM
That and I don't believe everyone has to wear the rose colored glasses all the time. Telling it like it is sometimes is refreshing rather than the sugar coated version of things. My opinion of course.

Pro_Angler
09-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Frankly I am of the oppinion that all the fair weather fans done left the building a LONG time ago. If you are still in too them at this point then you are a fan.

QFT:sign0098:

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
09-21-2009, 10:38 PM
NO FAIR WEATHER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRUE TO THE BONE!!!!!!!!!!!!:drunkhb:

azchiefsfan
09-21-2009, 10:49 PM
I think our O & D lines are great!!!!! I think LJ is headed for another ProBowl worthy season. I think Cassell will lead us to the playoffs. We may even have a shot at the AFC Championship in January.

Have I just proven my worth as a Chiefs fan? Or have I just shoved my head so far in the sand that I can see China? I don't want to get banned, so I won't say what I think of the stupidity of the OP.

Chiefster
09-22-2009, 01:00 AM

This, and...

That and I don't believe everyone has to wear the rose colored glasses all the time. Telling it like it is sometimes is refreshing rather than the sugar coated version of things. My opinion of course.

this.

tammietailgator
09-22-2009, 01:05 AM
So am I wrong to think we are gonna go 14-2? Just hopeful.... but I know its a stretch :)

Chiefster
09-22-2009, 01:26 AM
So am I wrong to think we are gonna go 14-2? Just hopeful.... but I know its a stretch :)

Nope, not wrong; some might believe it to be wishful thinking, but definitely not wrong. :D

metalstorm999
09-22-2009, 01:37 AM

ya we finally got a guy who can kick the ball into the endzone(YAY!!)

nigeriannightmare
09-22-2009, 02:34 AM

Why would anyone waste their time reading and posting if they weren't fans. I have said this before. You can not tell people what they believe is wrong regardless how they express it. The Chiefs, at this point in time, are a sub par footbal team that will have to play a perfect game in order to get a win and I mean perfect. We led in every statistice being counted and got beat at home by the RAIDERS, People are pissed deal with it, we just aren't very good right now. NO ONE IS A FAIRWEATHER CHIEFS FAN, WE WENT 2-14 LAST YEAR WHO WANTS TO BE A FAN OF THAT!!!!!!!!

AussieChiefsFan
09-22-2009, 03:27 AM
Is "King_of_the_cassel" and that other guy that has heaps of neg rep, like, on in this together?

pbatrucker
09-22-2009, 07:54 AM
IMO everyone who posts are fans. That being said I believe we have a difference in opinions on how to improve oour team.
1) There are some who want to build a team that contends year after year for championships and SB's. They also understand the proper way to go about that.

2) There are some that want to sign every available FA and win right now. These fans don't understand, by doing it this way you end up with a aging roster with long term commitments and up against the salary cap. (Carl Peterson).

3) TTghen yoiu have the ones who have no knowledge who just post to here themselves talk.

We are all fans and we all want to win, we just have different ideas on the best way to get that accomplished.

Canada
09-22-2009, 12:11 PM
And lost.........if you improve and still lose is that an improvement?

It would have to be or they would not have improved. :bananen_smilies046:

wolfpack
09-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Just because you bad mouth them dosent mean your not a true fan. Just ask Fatlock.

Bike
09-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Just because you bad mouth them dosent mean your not a true fan. Just ask Fatlock.
Fatlock aint necessarily a fan. He's just out to print whatever will get him the most attention - which in turn will pay him the most money - which in turn will allow him to partake in the next days all-you-can-eat buffet...

Drunker Hillbilly
09-22-2009, 09:14 PM
It would have to be or they would not have improved. :bananen_smilies046:

Hows this then.....

If you continue to lose, can one really say there is improvement?

chief31
09-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Lol. So we are better losers than last year?

Sorry. I just had to do that. :lol:

But seriously, you can't have "fair-weather fans" in a two year (+) thunderstorm.

Coach
09-22-2009, 11:06 PM

I'd tend to agree. I think the fair weather fans left the building a long, long, long time ago. It hasn't exactly been easy to be a Chiefs fan the last couple of years. I am so sick of having my Sundays ruined because of the Chiefs losing. I tell myself that I need to take a step back, but then Sunday comes and I can't help but watch my favorite team and hope that they will begin to turn the corner. Here's to hoping that my Chiefs become the "Rocky" of the NFL.:bananen_smilies046:

YouTube - Rocky 2006-Get up...

Ill say it again, we have a new GM, new coach, and new system. If you expect us to be a contender the following year after an offseason with these kind of changes your insane. Its all about the baby steps at this point!

I have no problem with people being critical... our team sucks, we all know that. This team will not make the playoffs, we all should know that too. Knowing these two things I try to be a "glass is half full" sort of guy and notice the improvements. Some people like to talk about what the team lacks. When it all comes down it it we all want the same thing, and we are all Chief fans here.

I couldn't say it any better than that, so I'll just say ditto. Rep.

Connie Jo
09-22-2009, 11:13 PM
I agree with Canada & Chiefs posts.

Heck...I went into Sunday's game against the Raiders believing 100% we would win...and according to stats...we should've won. I do see many improvements...no, we've not won yet, but we will!!!

An old cliche, but... "Rome wasn't built in a day". I believe we're on the right track, & I really like Haley so far...he takes some risk. Our head coaches have been too conservative over the years, which cost us games & playoff wins IMO.

josh1971
09-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Why would anyone waste their time reading and posting if they weren't fans.

Say there... You must not be all that familiar with the internet.

Connie Jo
09-22-2009, 11:19 PM
After thought, haha...I get just as angry as the next Chief fan when we don't win...I cuss, kick rocks, complain, whatever. The first of the week comes, & I gear up for the next game with as much optimism as possible. As a fan...what else can ya do?

josh1971
09-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Yep- irritation, annoyance, anger, and all that. Then I get over it and get ready for the next week.

Canada
09-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Hows this then.....

If you continue to lose, can one really say there is improvement?

Yes.

Coach
09-23-2009, 12:01 AM
I think this team is getting better. Maybe it's just me, but I love watching this team play in the 3-4 scheme. It's a night and day difference from last year. Watching this team on defense reminds of what used to be(90's) and what could be in the future.

If you take away the score of Sunday's game, I would have been very happy with how they played. I thought that the Chiefs outplayed the Raiders in every aspect of the game other than special teams. Shane Lechler and Janikowski played incredible. Our special teams players struggled all day. Not really surprising though. When you have a team that is as talent depleted as the Chiefs currently are, they usually struggle on special teams.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Yes.

Hmmmm so......

Losing + Losing = Improvement

Guess I just can't agree with it Canada! Let me ask you this....2 games in, do you think we are better this year than we were 2 games in last year?

Drunker Hillbilly
09-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I think this team is getting better. Maybe it's just me, but I love watching this team play in the 3-4 scheme. It's a night and day difference from last year. Watching this team on defense reminds of what used to be(90's) and what could be in the future.

If you take away the score of Sunday's game, I would have been very happy with how they played. I thought that the Chiefs outplayed the Raiders in every aspect of the game other than special teams. Shane Lechler and Janikowski played incredible. Our special teams players struggled all day. Not really surprising though. When you have a team that is as talent depleted as the Chiefs currently are, they usually struggle on special teams.

I guess I sort of agree but last year there were several games that we were in and kept them close but still lost. Last weeks game showed me the same thing so I'm not sure where the imporovement is as a team. Maybe a little better at this position or that position but as a team, IMO, no improvement.

McLovin
09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Hmmmm so......

Guess I just can't agree with it Canada! Let me ask you this....2 games in, do you think we are better this year than we were 2 games in last year?
Sorry I know I am not Canada, but I wanted to respond to this.

2 games in do I feel we are better then 2 games in last year.
ABSOFREAKINLUTELY. Record wise no, but overall play on the field YES, this D is rockin compared to where it was last year. The coaching is heads and tales above where it was last year. If we can get this team to know how to make wins out of good games we might really have something.

yashi
09-23-2009, 12:33 PM
We've had 1 win since October 5, 2008, including preseason. That's 1 win, 17 losses in that span.

Basically I want to see a win to remember what it even feels like. Staying competitive is nice, but in the end it means nothing.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Sorry I know I am not Canada, but I wanted to respond to this.

2 games in do I feel we are better then 2 games in last year.
ABSOFREAKINLUTELY. Record wise no, but overall play on the field YES, this D is rockin compared to where it was last year. The coaching is heads and tales above where it was last year. If we can get this team to know how to make wins out of good games we might really have something.
I guess I will never agree with this line of thinking. It's all about wins/record right? Playing a good game and losing in the last seconds is one thing but when your mediocre at VERY best is another! I would love to hear your thoughts after week 5. With what I have seen so far, there is a HUGE possibility that we could have a record of 0-5!!!!!!! Will your thoughts be the same then?

KCSDFAN
09-23-2009, 01:16 PM
What game were you watching? Improvements-Cassel running for his life, the defense can't hold a lead in the 4th quarter, and new for this year we have no tight ends that can hold onto the ball. I have been a fan thru thick and thin and right now patience is running thin. How many years are we going to get new coaches and be told we are rebuilding?

Canada
09-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Hmmmm so......

Ok, if we lost the opener last year 55-3 and then this year 13-10 ...there is no improvement there? I guess if u r just counting wins and losses then sure...there is no improvement. Personally, I am watching this years Chiefs team vs last years Chiefs team and I see tons of improvement. Not a SB contender yeat but at least now I can honestly say we are on the way.

Three7s
09-23-2009, 05:51 PM
What game were you watching? Improvements-Cassel running for his life, the defense can't hold a lead in the 4th quarter, and new for this year we have no tight ends that can hold onto the ball. I have been a fan thru thick and thin and right now patience is running thin. How many years are we going to get new coaches and be told we are rebuilding?
I think it's you that didn't watch the game.......

Canada
09-23-2009, 05:53 PM

As many as it takes, what is your alternative? What should we do...not hire a new head coach? Not rebuild? I was watching a game that we stayed competitive in. Not because we had a 70 yard int return, or a blocked punt but because we were the better team. I get your frustration man, but *****ing and complaining isnt gonna change the fact that we are where we are.

Canada
09-23-2009, 05:56 PM
I guess I will never agree with this line of thinking. It's all about wins/record right? Playing a good game and losing in the last seconds is one thing but when your mediocre at VERY best is another! I would love to hear your thoughts after week 5. With what I have seen so far, there is a HUGE possibility that we could have a record of 0-5!!!!!!! Will your thoughts be the same then?

Just about records? So you would rather go 2-0 with some lucky wins and then we would be an improved team? Going 9-7 in Herms first year is why we are where we are. Someone just looked at the records and figured everything was just fine. There is more to it than wins and losses and I think you know that!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Ok, if we lost the opener last year 55-3 and then this year 13-10 ...there is no improvement there? I guess if u r just counting wins and losses then sure...there is no improvement. Personally, I am watching this years Chiefs team vs last years Chiefs team and I see tons of improvement. Not a SB contender yeat but at least now I can honestly say we are on the way.

A very good point; I think this years Chiefs beats last years Chiefs on any given Sunday. JMO

Pro_Angler
09-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Fairweather fans???
Excuse me we all have been through hell the last several years here. i still buy tickets every year to see the chiefs and the chargers in SD. I still buy thier gear. Yes I gripe at our situations and complain about loses. THAT IS WHAT A FAN DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT I AM A FAIRWEATHER FAN I HAVE CRIED OVER THE CHIEFS I HAVE LAUGHED OVER THE CHIEFS AND I HAVE YELLED AT THE CHIEFS,,,,BUT IN THE END I BLEED CHIEFS!!!!!!!

chief31
09-23-2009, 10:35 PM
I see alot of comparisons to last year's team, and saying that here is improvement. But he comparisons are genrally being made to he first half of last season, instead of where hey left off, at the end of the year.

During the second half of last season, we had some rushing stats, and some decent passing stats.

During two games this season, the passing game is on par with that. But the rushing may be just a little behind that.

However, the defense was bad against the run, and decent against the pass. And this year's team may be better in both of those catergorys.

I would have to think that STs is beter now too.

So, basically, we do look improved since last season ended, eventhough the end results are not improved.

At the star of last season, there was not a single aspect that were performed decent at, regularly. Comparing to that is unjustified, and far too easy.:D

Drunker Hillbilly
09-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Just about records? So you would rather go 2-0 with some lucky wins and then we would be an improved team? Going 9-7 in Herms first year is why we are where we are. Someone just looked at the records and figured everything was just fine. There is more to it than wins and losses and I think you know that!! :bananen_smilies046:
Yes, IMO it is all about records. That is what counts isn't it? There are no moral victories. Either you win or you lose. All teams have games when they are more lucky than good. I will take all of those that anyone wants to give but good teams have winning records because they are good. We haven't seen that in a long time! Like I said, there has been an improvement here and there but as a whole, no improvement, again in my opinion. I really don't give a damn if our QB is more poised in the pocket this year, if our line can't block and our receivers can't catch, it doesn't matter. Just using that as an example not saying that is the case. If the D line is shutting down the run but the secondary is non existant again, doesn't matter it all equals no improvement as a whole. IF we start 0-5 or 1-4, will you be satisfied with the changes that have been implemented? I sure as hell won't!!!!!

chief31
09-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Yes, IMO it is all about records. That is what counts isn't it? There are no moral victories. Either you win or you lose. All teams have games when they are more lucky than good. I will take all of those that anyone wants to give but good teams have winning records because they are good. We haven't seen that in a long time! Like I said, there has been an improvement here and there but as a whole, no improvement, again in my opinion. I really don't give a damn if our QB is more poised in the pocket this year, if our line can't block and our receivers can't catch, it doesn't matter. Just using that as an example not saying that is the case. If the D line is shutting down the run but the secondary is non existant again, doesn't matter it all equals no improvement as a whole. IF we start 0-5 or 1-4, will you be satisfied with the changes that have been implemented? I sure as hell won't!!!!!

I think that the reason people look for improvement, is to get an idea of what areas should garner more attention for player additions and such.

Not many expected a playoff team from game one. So hoping that we can start forming foundations is the improvement that most really want to see.

At least that's what I look for.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-24-2009, 02:00 AM
I think that the reason people look for improvement, is to get an idea of what areas should garner more attention for player additions and such.

Not many expected a playoff team from game one. So hoping that we can start forming foundations is the improvement that most really want to see.

At least that's what I look for.
I hear ya and I look for that also but it has seemed as though for the last several years we will improve in one area and not in another. There hasn't seemed to be any cohesion team wide for several years now therefore not making improvements team wide. I understand you can't fix everything at once but there has been plenty of time in the last 3 or 4 years to bolster several key parts of this team. As many have said, we have been rebuilding for 3 years or more. Hopefully this regime will have better results than the last but I'm not going to drink the Kool Aid until I see some improvement team wide and 0 and 2 aint cuttin it for me. JMO

Canada
09-24-2009, 02:03 AM
I hear ya and I look for that also but it has seemed as though for the last several years we will improve in one area and not in another. There hasn't seemed to be any cohesion team wide for several years now therefore not making improvements team wide. I understand you can't fix everything at once but there has been plenty of time in the last 3 or 4 years to bolster several key parts of this team. As many have said, we have been rebuilding for 3 years or more. Hopefully this regime will have better results than the last but I'm not going to drink the Kool Aid until I see some improvement team wide and 0 and 2 aint cuttin it for me. JMO

Who has been drinking the "Kool Aid?" Where are all the posts about how happy everyone is that we are 0-2?

PawnshopMarimba
09-24-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry, but this thread is ignorant.
I HAVE NOT MISSED A SINGLE GAME SINCE 1990, and I'm only 25 years old. I've been fascinated with the Chiefs since I was in friggin' Kindergarten. I've told the story at least twice before, but I can remember the first Chiefs game I ever saw as if it were yesterday.

After this game, I did express concern that if the team continue to play like that, they wouldn't win a single game this season. Guess what? That doesn't make me any less of a fan. Guess what else? Hardcore fans don't have to subject themselves to blind and demonstrably false optimism. We're allowed to be upset with our franchise and retain our fan cards. We're allowed to exaggerate the situation following a heart breaking loss and still be considered loyal.

If you're so cool headed as to not flinch when your favorite teams loses AGAIN, then that's fine; you're probably a better man than I, but don't sit there and play the role of post 9/11 John Ashcroft and declare all of those fans out there who were crushed by Sunday's loss "fair weather fans". That's flat out ridiculous.

King_of_the_Cassel
09-24-2009, 02:53 AM
I'm sorry, but this thread is ignorant.
I HAVE NOT MISSED A SINGLE GAME SINCE 1990, and I'm only 25 years old. I've been fascinated with the Chiefs since I was in friggin' Kindergarten. I've told the story at least twice before, but I can remember the first Chiefs game I ever saw as if it were yesterday.

After this game, I did express concern that if the team continue to play like that, they wouldn't win a single game this season. Guess what? That doesn't make me any less of a fan. Guess what else? Hardcore fans don't have to subject themselves to blind and demonstrably false optimism. We're allowed to be upset with our franchise and retain our fan cards. We're allowed to exaggerate the situation following a heart breaking loss and still be considered loyal.

If you're so cool headed as to not flinch when your favorite teams loses AGAIN, then that's fine; you're probably a better man than I, but don't sit there and play the role of post 9/11 John Ashcroft and declare all of those fans out there who were crushed by Sunday's loss "fair weather fans". That's flat out ridiculous.

I never said people should be happy or okay they lost I was just referring to the ones who say "fire haley" or just give up on the team after week two. Pay attention grasshopper before you go saying its a dumb post.

pbatrucker
09-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Hmmmm so......

YES!!!!

slc chief
09-24-2009, 07:22 PM

dont come in here telling people they are not chiefs fans. for being pissed about losing there second staright this year.especially to an afc west rival at home any chiefs fan in his right mind would be extremely pissed after that loss. i still am so get back on the practice squad and know your roll rookie.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Who has been drinking the "Kool Aid?" Where are all the posts about how happy everyone is that we are 0-2?

Never said anyone was happy but all of the " improvement " talk and optimism is killin me!!!!! When your head coach is talking about the possibility of the back up starting over the guy that was just paid millions to come in and take control of the team, improvement is the last word I would use.

yashi
09-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Never said anyone was happy but all of the " improvement " talk and optimism is killin me!!!!! When your head coach is talking about the possibility of the back up starting over the guy that was just paid millions to come in and take control of the team, improvement is the last word I would use.

He didn't talk about that possibility. You're misinterpreting what he said.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-24-2009, 08:36 PM
He didn't talk about that possibility. You're misinterpreting what he said.
Trust me, I'm not. He is a true optimist which is totaly fine. I simply disagree when it comes to this team.

Canada
09-24-2009, 08:36 PM

Yeah, well over the past two seasons I have gotten pretty f**kin tired of hearing how bad we are all the time and when I see some signs of improvement I like to talk about it. I hope the best QB plays on sunday. I hope the best RB plays on Sunday, I hope the best at every position starts on Sunday. I don't give a sh!t how much they get paid, I want a f**kin win. Sorry if the optimism is killing you, consider it payback for all the pessimism I have had to listen to for the last two years!! :bananen_smilies046:

Pro_Angler
09-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah, well over the past two seasons I have gotten pretty f**kin tired of hearing how bad we are all the time and when I see some signs of improvement I like to talk about it. I hope the best QB plays on sunday. I hope the best RB plays on Sunday, I hope the best at every position starts on Sunday. I don't give a sh!t how much they get paid, I want a f**kin win. Sorry if the optimism is killing you, consider it payback for all the pessimism I have had to listen to for the last two years!! :bananen_smilies046:
well said!!!!!!:sign0098:

Drunker Hillbilly
09-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Oh, and I guess we haven't had to listen to all of the glass half full BS for the last 2 years eh?? We all hope the best players play but year after year of the same BS gets old after having a team that was always a factor for so many years. As has been hashed and rehashed, you don't always have to be lookin through the rose colored glasses all the time to be a fan especially when the team you love is so bad!!!

Chiefster
09-25-2009, 02:15 AM
There is nothing wrong with either point of view, and no one is any less a fan for having expressed their individual opinions.

Canada
09-25-2009, 02:25 AM
Oh, and I guess we haven't had to listen to all of the glass half full BS for the last 2 years eh?? We all hope the best players play but year after year of the same BS gets old after having a team that was always a factor for so many years. As has been hashed and rehashed, you don't always have to be lookin through the rose colored glasses all the time to be a fan especially when the team you love is so bad!!!

Yeah, these boards have been rampant with optimism for the last two years, but I don't recall saying that anyone had to do anything to be considered a fan. B!tch and complain all you like. Personally, I still see an improvement from where we were this time last year and I choose to focus on that. Do I hope we stay status quo? Definitely not!! Am I willing to throw the new coaching staff and team under the bus after week 2. Definitely not. Im sure people are tired of hearing how we are rebuilding...again. Fact is, we are rebuilding again whether people like it or not. I am going to give it a chance before I say this team or this season is a bust!! Im not sure why you continue to say I wear rose colored glasses as I have recognized quite a few of the problems with this team, I do however wonder why you are so dead against admitting that we have improved.

pbatrucker
09-25-2009, 05:32 AM
Right on!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Drunker Hillbilly
09-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, these boards have been rampant with optimism for the last two years, but I don't recall saying that anyone had to do anything to be considered a fan. B!tch and complain all you like. Personally, I still see an improvement from where we were this time last year and I choose to focus on that. Do I hope we stay status quo? Definitely not!! Am I willing to throw the new coaching staff and team under the bus after week 2. Definitely not. Im sure people are tired of hearing how we are rebuilding...again. Fact is, we are rebuilding again whether people like it or not. I am going to give it a chance before I say this team or this season is a bust!! Im not sure why you continue to say I wear rose colored glasses as I have recognized quite a few of the problems with this team, I do however wonder why you are so dead against admitting that we have improved.

Uhh, because I don't feel as though we have. You can think whatever you would like to, it's your right. However, don't ***** and complain about everyone being so negative when the team still hasn't won a game!! Again, I look for an improvement as a whole, not a bit here and there. I'll try and leave this thread alone until after week 5 and then will address this topic again to see where your at on improvement.

Canada
09-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Uhh, because I don't feel as though we have. You can think whatever you would like to, it's your right. However, don't ***** and complain about everyone being so negative when the team still hasn't won a game!! Again, I look for an improvement as a whole, not a bit here and there. I'll try and leave this thread alone until after week 5 and then will address this topic again to see where your at on improvement.

Where did I do that? Please find a post from 2009 where I say that I give a sh!t about people complaining and being negative. I really dont care that you complain. Its no skin off my nuts at all so b!tch away and then come back in week 5 and tell everyone "I told ya so" and we will all hail you as the ultimate Chiefs fan!! :sign0098:

Drunker Hillbilly
09-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Where did I do that? Please find a post from 2009 where I say that I give a sh!t about people complaining and being negative. I really dont care that you complain. Its no skin off my nuts at all so b!tch away and then come back in week 5 and tell everyone "I told ya so" and we will all hail you as the ultimate Chiefs fan!! :sign0098:

Your not serious are you????????? For the last 2 years you have complained more about people being negative and pesimistic about the Chiefs than anyone on this site!!!!!! I'm not even going to bother looking for past posts from you about it because it's simply just a fact! Again we are having this conversation because it has struck a nerve within you that I see no improvement in the team. I am not going to come back and say I told you so but you obviously believe the 0-5 or 1-4 scenario is a possibility or you wouldn't bring it up! I will still be amazed if you continue to say there is improvement with this team as a whole if either one of those scenario's pan out!:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
09-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Please find a post from 2009 where I say that I give a sh!t about people complaining and being negative. :sign0098:

Again...a post from 2009. I gave up on caring how negative people are a long time ago.

Like I said, there has been an improvement here

So, there is an improvement or no? Keep talking in circles...while you are at it, grab a post from 2008 to support your argument.

Your not serious are you????????? For the last 2 years you have complained more about people being negative and pesimistic about the Chiefs than anyone on this site!!!!!! I'm not even going to bother looking for past posts from you about it because it's simply just a fact! Again we are having this conversation because it has struck a nerve within you that I see no improvement in the team. I am not going to come back and say I told you so but you obviously believe the 0-5 or 1-4 scenario is a possibility or you wouldn't bring it up! I will still be amazed if you continue to say there is improvement with this team as a whole if either one of those scenario's pan out!:bananen_smilies046:

ahhhh...but you have seen an improvement. I know you "don't care who poised our QB is in the pocket if he has no time to throw ar no one to block" so I am curious...are we supposed to fix everything overnight, or do we improve gradually (like we are) Carry on talking about how great its gonna be to say we have not improved by Week 5. I really don't give a sh!t. Nothing you have said has struck a nerve with me. I realized a long time ago that you will find things to complain about no matter what...so complain away. See you in Week 5!! :bananen_smilies046:

Drunker Hillbilly
09-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Too much time on your hands bud!!! "IMPROVEMENT AS A WHOLE" I believe is what I said. OVERNIGHT???????????????? How bout within the last 3 years????? Is that too much to ask? We went backwards for god sakes!!! If your interested in improving at 1 position a year, we should be ready in 11 more years by which time the improvements you say we have made this year will no longer be any good!! Whatever! If 0-5 or 1-4 is good enough for you after rebuilding for 3 years than great! Not good enough for me! IMO, it shouldn't be good enough for any Chief fan!!

Guess I was unsuccessful at staying clear of the thread but this optimistic outlook on our team that has been trying to get better for 3 years now and will not end up even sniffing the playoffs again this year pisses me off! I'm not a homer and never will be. I root for my team either way and watch every week, scream at the TV when they do something good and when they do something bad but when they suck, they suck and I don't agree with people that would rather sugar coat things than tell it like it is. Simply my opinion!! :sign0098:

Bike
09-25-2009, 01:40 PM
This team has obviously improved from the last couple years. The play on the field, attitude, conditioning have all improved. The wins will come - you'll see. Watching this team improve is part of the excitement of being a Chiefs fan IMO. Is it always cloudy where you live? Or just raining all the time...

Canada
09-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Too much time on your hands bud!!! "IMPROVEMENT AS A WHOLE" I believe is what I said. OVERNIGHT???????????????? How bout within the last 3 years????? Is that too much to ask? We went backwards for god sakes!!! If your interested in improving at 1 position a year, we should be ready in 11 more years by which time the improvements you say we have made this year will no longer be any good!! Whatever! If 0-5 or 1-4 is good enough for you after rebuilding for 3 years than great! Not good enough for me! IMO, it shouldn't be good enough for any Chief fan!!

OK, so where do I apply for the Head Coaching job? How do we get you into the GM position? Its not good enough for me, nor do I beieve it is good enough for anyone here. What are we supposed to do, stop giving a sh!t? Stop being fans until they are good again. Oh, maybe we should sit and get pissed off and let it ruin every Sunday. Be miserable all the time? Will that make me a good fan?

Guess I was unsuccessful at staying clear of the thread but this optimistic outlook on our team that has been trying to get better for 3 years now and will not end up even sniffing the playoffs again this year pisses me off! I'm not a homer and never will be. I root for my team either way and watch every week, scream at the TV when they do something good and when they do something bad but when they suck, they suck and I don't agree with people that would rather sugar coat things than tell it like it is. Simply my opinion!! :sign0098:

Wow....breaking news...WE SUCK!!! Thanks for clearing that up. I honestly had no idea. I thought we were gearing up for another Super Bowl run. Man I am glad you stopped by to remind me. How embarassing would that have been when I put on my KC 2008 SuperBowl Champs hat and T shirt. We get it man, we went 4-12, 2-14 and we are currently 0-2. I am looking for improvement, there are enough people around to say they suck. Not enough people do talk about the places where we improve. When we do all you do is discredit the improvement and then say you are just Tellin it like it is. You wanna come back in week 5 and see how we feel, how about you come back in Week 16 and say "Wow, we did win more than 2 games, we have improved" Cause its only about Wins and Losses with you right?

Bike
09-25-2009, 02:04 PM
"What can you expect from a non-believer?"
The Outlaw Josie Wales - 1976

Drunker Hillbilly
09-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Wow....breaking news...WE SUCK!!! Thanks for clearing that up. I honestly had no idea. I thought we were gearing up for another Super Bowl run. Man I am glad you stopped by to remind me. How embarassing would that have been when I put on my KC 2008 SuperBowl Champs hat and T shirt. We get it man, we went 4-12, 2-14 and we are currently 0-2. I am looking for improvement, there are enough people around to say they suck. Not enough people do talk about the places where we improve. When we do all you do is discredit the improvement and then say you are just Tellin it like it is. You wanna come back in week 5 and see how we feel, how about you come back in Week 16 and say "Wow, we did win more than 2 games, we have improved" Cause its only about Wins and Losses with you right?

Classic Canada!!!! I don't expect you to be pissed off on Sundays...If we do lose, I would fully expect you to sit around and rejoice the loss but say "man we looked good at position A". Sorry, I'm not that guy. I still never miss a game and yes, I am pissed when we lose!!! I don't discredit the improvement...I simply don't think there is any AS A TEAM and yes, after the season if we win 3 games I will say great, 3 wins one better than last year, a great improvement!

Drunker Hillbilly
09-25-2009, 02:35 PM
This team has obviously improved from the last couple years. The play on the field, attitude, conditioning have all improved. The wins will come - you'll see. Watching this team improve is part of the excitement of being a Chiefs fan IMO. Is it always cloudy where you live? Or just raining all the time...
Clouds??? Rain????? What is that? I live in AZ!! Will the wins come this year or will we be rebuilding for another 3 years?

Bike
09-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Clouds??? Rain????? What is that? I live in AZ!! Will the wins come this year or will we be rebuilding for another 3 years?
It sounds like you've already answered that question...

Drunker Hillbilly
09-25-2009, 02:40 PM
It sounds like you've already answered that question...
Sounds like you may agree but would like to play both sides of the fence..............

Canada
09-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Classic Canada!!!! I don't expect you to be pissed off on Sundays...If we do lose, I would fully expect you to sit around and rejoice the loss but say "man we looked good at position A". Sorry, I'm not that guy. I still never miss a game and yes, I am pissed when we lose!!! I don't discredit the improvement...I simply don't think there is any AS A TEAM and yes, after the season if we win 3 games I will say great, 3 wins one better than last year, a great improvement!

Oh I see, its like that. Just because you are willing to have a f**kin' temper tantrum cause things arent going your way dosent make you a fan. You think I am gonna rejoice in a loss? You think I like it when we suck? I have this team tattoed on my F**kin arm, I fly to KC for a weekend every year to see them play, I spend all day in my garage packed with Chiefs jerseys, pics and sh!t and you are gonna sit here and tell me I rejoice in a loss. You are truly f**ked in the head. Go ahead and call me out and tell me im not a fan like you. Whats the most you give up in a season for this team? You cable bill? You act so superior to everyone here cause you are "Tellin it like it is" Why don't you go tell it like it is someowhere else.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/08/157.jpg

You used to be the first guy to piss and moan if someone called out your fandom and yet here you sit doing it to me. F**kin hypocrite:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
09-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Sounds like you may agree but would like to play both sides of the fence..............

Really. I see you read as well as you follow the Chiefs.

GlennBree
09-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Ooohhhhhhhhhhh Snnnnnapppppppp!!

Drunker Hillbilly
09-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh I see, its like that. Just because you are willing to have a f**kin' temper tantrum cause things arent going your way dosent make you a fan. You think I am gonna rejoice in a loss? You think I like it when we suck? I have this team tattoed on my F**kin arm, I fly to KC for a weekend every year to see them play, I spend all day in my garage packed with Chiefs jerseys, pics and sh!t and you are gonna sit here and tell me I rejoice in a loss. You are truly f**ked in the head. Go ahead and call me out and tell me im not a fan like you. Whats the most you give up in a season for this team? You cable bill? You act so superior to everyone here cause you are "Tellin it like it is" Why don't you go tell it like it is someowhere else.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/08/157.jpg

You used to be the first guy to piss and moan if someone called out your fandom and yet here you sit doing it to me. F**kin hypocrite:bananen_smilies046:

Where in the post did I say I questioned your fandom? No where! You said you didn't let it ruin your Sunday. Well, typically it does mine! Talk about tantrums!!!!! Your the ultimate at that bud! Have a beer and calm the F*** down. I am just having a conversation. Did I touch a nerve there or not? I don't give a damn if you live at Arrowhead, it doesn't make you more of a fan than any simply because you have a bunch of stuff!!!! I have been to may more games than you at Arrowhead and that does not make me anymore of a fan than you or anyone else. I thought it didn't ruin your day when we lost? Seems as though something as petty as a fan site sure has you in an uproar so when you said a loss didn't ruin your day I thought it was weird because you have all that sh!t in your garage and a tattoo!!!! Like I said, take your tantrum to the garage and have a beer, this always happens when you and I don't agree!:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
09-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Where in the post did I say I questioned your fandom?
Drunker Hillbilly (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/member.php?u=1301) http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/statusicon/user_online.gif
Franchise Player

.If we do lose, I would fully expect you to sit around and rejoice the loss

Like I said.... Hypocrite

Drunker Hillbilly
09-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Drunker Hillbilly (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/member.php?u=1301) http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/statusicon/user_online.gif
Franchise Player

.If we do lose, I would fully expect you to sit around and rejoice the loss

Like I said.... Hypocrite
Your such a b***h dude!!! I wasn't implying that you actually rejoiced in the loss and I apologize for saying it but you implied that it didn't bother you and you looked at the improvements made even though we lost!!! I don't see improvements if we continue to lose!!! Thats it! I don't want an improvement at 1 position and the rest of the team suckin ***! We have been trying to improve for 3 years now and what has happened, we got worse!!!!! Like I said chill out man!!! You always get worked up because I don't have the same outlook as you do on the Chiefs!!!

Canada
09-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Never got worked up until you said "If we do lose, I would fully expect you to sit around and rejoice the loss" I said I dont let it ruin my whole day. I still enjoy hanging out with my friends, watching the late games and drinkin beers all day. I never once said you were wrong for feeling the way you do about the team. You however have been all over me because I am still happy watching Chiefs football. Call it what you will, get up on yer soapbox and yell as loud as u can, as far as im concerned I really don't much give a sh!t what you have to say anymore.:bananen_smilies046:

Drunker Hillbilly
09-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Never got worked up until you said "If we do lose, I would fully expect you to sit around and rejoice the loss" I said I dont let it ruin my whole day. I still enjoy hanging out with my friends, watching the late games and drinkin beers all day. I never once said you were wrong for feeling the way you do about the team. You however have been all over me because I am still happy watching Chiefs football. Call it what you will, get up on yer soapbox and yell as loud as u can, as far as im concerned I really don't much give a sh!t what you have to say anymore.:bananen_smilies046:
Are you like this with everybody that simply disagree's with you? You have done just as much insulting, name calling etc. as anyone on this site. It just seems as though you get more worked up about it than anyone. I'm not all over you because you watch the Chiefs!! Gimme a break!! I couldn't care less about what you do watch or say but just quit bit***n when I disagree with your look on things! Trust me, I'm not losin sleep over what you think or say but if your going to get upset when someone's opinion differes from yours, maybe you should take another hiatus and rethink things! Seriously Canada, have a great Sunday win, lose or draw and let's just move on. I call a truce from this side. :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

CapitalT
09-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Wow ... I sincerely wish I could enjoy a Sunday when the Chiefs lose.

I'm not questioning anyones dedication, I guess I just don't have a good attitude about it.

Something really bothered me about losing to the Bengals last year. It seemed like we just gave up. That game didn't really mean anything but I was really upset by it.

matthewschiefs
09-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I am so mad when the chiefs lose guess i am a sore loser lol. But it just ruins my day. I sit the rest of the day just Mad the chiefs lost. Its just how i am i do admire anyone who can just brush it off and i wish i could do that.

Chiefster
09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I get upset for a while and and then move on; life's too short, but then again I'm old. :D

Bike
09-25-2009, 10:45 PM
I get upset for a while and and then move on; life's too short, but then again I'm old. :D
If you're old, I must be fartin' dust...

Chiefster
09-25-2009, 10:47 PM
If you're old, I must be fartin' dust...

No way you're older than me dude. :11: :lol:

Connie Jo
09-25-2009, 11:24 PM
I have discovered, that beer plays a huge factor in whether or not a Chiefs loss ruins my entire Sunday. Therefore...I make sure I have plenty of beer available on Sunday's to help me get over a potential loss quicker. Beer numbs the pain & saves the day, haha.

This is not an irresponsbile solution, rather a positive and healthy one... as anger elevates blood pressure, and contributes to other negative health issues too. :D
:bananen_smilies046:

tammietailgator
09-26-2009, 12:01 AM
I have discovered, that beer plays a huge factor in whether or not a Chiefs loss ruins my entire Sunday. Therefore...I make sure I have plenty of beer available on Sunday's to help me get over a potential loss quicker. Beer numbs the pain & saves the day, haha.

This is not an irresponsbile solution, rather a positive and healthy one... as anger elevates blood pressure, and contributes to other negative health issues too. :D

Love your philosophy!!! :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
09-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Here's what I find funny:
If the Chiefs win the Oakland game(which they clearly outplayed Oakland), then suddenly we are 1-1 and talking about how we were in the Baltimore game until the end and we would be talking about KC being one of the better teams in the AFC. Instead, 1 BS roughing the passer call later, people are ready to throw in the towel.

I don't see it. This team is better than last years squad. The O-line needs massive improvement, but will get better as the season goes on. TG is missing, and that hurts any offense. Outside of that, we are better everywhere.

Coaching - Better.
Defense - Better
Special Teams - Better.
WR's - Better
QB's - Better

Give it time boys and girls.

Canada
09-26-2009, 12:44 AM

We should hang out!! :bananen_smilies046: I used to let Chiefs losses really bug me, but my wife told me that it was affecting my daily life. I was pissed off for a day or two after losses (and I mean really pissed off) but then I took a look at it and decided that I will get out all my emotion during the game.Get it all out and "leave it all on the field" as they say. I scream, i yell, my whole neighbourhood knows when I am watching the Chiefs. But then when it is all over, Im not happy that we lost, but I am happy that I am with all my friends and family having a good time. At the end of the day, that is what its all about for me!! I love the Chiefs, but football season is too short to not enjoy it!! :bananen_smilies046:

tammietailgator
09-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Then fly south my canadian friend!!!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
09-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Then fly south my canadian friend!!!! :bananen_smilies046:I will be landing on Dec 5th. I have the first few days planned out. I get in Sat Ultimate Fighter Finale is on, the Sunday Chiefs, Monday is MNF, Tues I might go to STL to see a hockey game, UFC 107 the following Sat and Chiefs again Sunday. I need help with Wed Thurs and Fri!! :drunkhb::drunkhb::drunkhb:

tammietailgator
09-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Glad you posted this - I am already working on Wednesday for you to go to the Locker Room show with us. Its in the evening at 7pm, I already put in for tickets just waiting to hear back

Canada
09-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Glad you posted this - I am already working on Wednesday for you to go to the Locker Room show with us. Its in the evening at 7pm, I already put in for tickets just waiting to hear backAWESOME!! :yahoo: I was gonna ask about that!! :bananen_smilies046:

drstandley31
09-26-2009, 01:27 AM
I am sick of people calling me a fair weather fan because this team is not improving. Seriously, I am not seeing any improvement over last year. Our defense was keeping us within a a touchdown many many games last year and our offense was not good enough to put the points on the board.

This team is not improving. The same problems we had last year, we have this year. No pass rush and no offensive line, in a couple areas we are even worse, can you say receiving core.

I am still a fan because I will defend my team against any other team's fan that thinks they have an argument against how bad the Chiefs are, but here, amidst other people who are like me, I am going to vent when we have stupid games like this last weekend.

I just have to disagree with you there. They have improved. At one point I saw that we had 23 first downs. 170 yards rushing. Last week's game was our QB's first game, and prior to that had been hurt for 3 weeks, and I believe still played hurt. He made some mistakes. It was our coach's first home game and he made some mistakes, and several others made mistakes, but they moved the ball. I don't remember a Herm team ever getting 12 first downs (could have, just don't remember it). I yelled some pretty bad things at my TV last week, but I still saw improvement and some new guys that had to get a few games under their belts. They are going to build a solid team here. I believe that.

Hayvern
09-26-2009, 01:39 AM
I just have to disagree with you there. They have improved. At one point I saw that we had 23 first downs. 170 yards rushing. Last week's game was our QB's first game, and prior to that had been hurt for 3 weeks, and I believe still played hurt. He made some mistakes. It was our coach's first home game and he made some mistakes, and several others made mistakes, but they moved the ball. I don't remember a Herm team ever getting 12 first downs (could have, just don't remember it). I yelled some pretty bad things at my TV last week, but I still saw improvement and some new guys that had to get a few games under their belts. They are going to build a solid team here. I believe that.

We had games like that, I think these will build a good team, if given enough time. So I will wait and see how it goes., and not complain anymore.

McLovin
09-26-2009, 02:52 AM
Have we been rebuilding for three years, I dont think so, I think that three years ago we rebuilt for 2 years, now we are starting rebuilding project number 2.

You hire a contractor to rebuild your house, for the first two years he uses crappy products and after 2 years your house isnt as nice as it started. If you fire the contractor and hire a new one who has to tear out most of what the other contractor did, are you still rebuilding or simply starting from the right place on a real rebuilding plan.

There arent many of Hermies guys left at all.

2006 2 starters remain Tamba Hali and Jarred Page
Brodie is a reserve

2007 D-Bowe and Tank Tyler
Reserve Kolby Smith

2008 Pretty good year from hermie ... so far Brandon Albert, Brandon Carr, and Brandon Flowers, Glenn Dorsey. I would also add Jamaal Charles to this list.
Then there is Brad Cottam and DeJuan Morgan.

it is still early about the 2008 draft or 2009, right now Dorsey is starting to look good, the Brandons (Carr and Flowers) have been AWESOME thus far. and Brandon Albert is a great pic even if he doesnt pan out because it is O-Line in the first round.

All in all though Hermie was building a house with wood infested with termites. Now that he is gone, we can honestly start this rebuild. Right now I am behind Haley I love that he has changed the culture of this team, (from what I have seen) but if in another year or two it is as obvious that he isnt the answer as it was with Herm, then at that point I will have no problems saying goodbye to him also. I just hope that isnt the case and he ends up being one of the best coaches in the league.

There has been a ton of improvements this year, so far it hasn't shown up on in the win column.... but I have total faith that it will.

Connie Jo
09-26-2009, 02:58 AM
We should hang out!! :bananen_smilies046: I used to let Chiefs losses really bug me, but my wife told me that it was affecting my daily life. I was pissed off for a day or two after losses (and I mean really pissed off) but then I took a look at it and decided that I will get out all my emotion during the game.Get it all out and "leave it all on the field" as they say. I scream, i yell, my whole neighbourhood knows when I am watching the Chiefs. But then when it is all over, Im not happy that we lost, but I am happy that I am with all my friends and family having a good time. At the end of the day, that is what its all about for me!! I love the Chiefs, but football season is too short to not enjoy it!! :bananen_smilies046:

Well...I think we will be hanging out on 12/6 at Arrowhead! lol

Yeah, I don't get as upset as I did just a few yrs back...maybe it's just I've become complacent some to loss, or maybe simply mellowing with age, haha. It is true though, that I don't get as upset with a Chiefs loss when I drink beer, hahaha.

I was down after we lost to the Raiders, more disappointed than mad though...I think I was in shock, cause I really thought we'd win seeing how well things were going statistically.

My best Chiefs friend lives in Germany, and he gets so mad, that his wife completely avoids him for 2-3 days after a loss, haha. My other best Chiefs friend lives in Wisconsin, and he gets pretty upset too, but not like my friend Robert in Germany, haha.

My friend from Germany is coming to the US with his wife & 2 boys over Christmas...he, his boys, me & my son...have plans to attend the 12/20 game against the Browns. This is the first time in 15 yrs he's been in the US during Chiefs season...so he's very excited to be able to go to a Chiefs game! It'll only be his 2nd reg. season game attended, his boy's first. :D

doobs_05
09-27-2009, 12:42 AM
I will be landing on Dec 5th. I have the first few days planned out. I get in Sat Ultimate Fighter Finale is on, the Sunday Chiefs, Monday is MNF, Tues I might go to STL to see a hockey game, UFC 107 the following Sat and Chiefs again Sunday. I need help with Wed Thurs and Fri!! :drunkhb::drunkhb::drunkhb:

UFC 107 should be good, since its in dec. and they put good cards on at the end of the year. Too bad Rampage Jackson retired and won't fight Rashad Evans.

Canada
09-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Rampage is a *****.

tornadospotter
09-27-2009, 03:13 AM
I AM A FAN OF THE KANSAS CITY CHIEF'S!!!!!

tornadospotter
09-27-2009, 03:19 AM
I am not! A fair weather fan! I believe that any given GAME DAY CHIEF'S WILL WIN!!! If that makes me a homer so be it, Win or lose I am a CHIEF'S FAN.
That is all I have to say.

tammietailgator
09-27-2009, 04:00 AM
I am not! A fair weather fan! I believe that any given GAME DAY CHIEF'S WILL WIN!!! If that makes me a homer so be it, Win or lose I am a CHIEF'S FAN.
That is all I have to say.

You had me at "I believe!":bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
09-27-2009, 04:10 AM
You had me at "I believe!":bananen_smilies046:
:yahoo:I think that this may be the continuation of a great relationship!!!!!:bananen_smilies046:So I must say now, that I LOVE THE KANSAS CITY CHIEF'S AND THEIR FANS!!!!

doobs_05
09-27-2009, 04:10 AM
Rampage is a *****.

I'll go with that, he wants to make his A-Team movie lol i think he was just scared Lyoto Machida. And i never been a fan of Rampage

Bike
09-28-2009, 02:35 AM
No way you're older than me dude. :11: :lol:
Way.:wheelchair:

Bosco
09-28-2009, 06:18 PM
how can you be called a fair weather fan routing for the chiefs. i dont get that one. :lol: