PDA

View Full Version : Best D-Line in the NFL.

Dudemon
09-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I wish ... but here is a couple of interesting stats that show marked improvement.

Guess who is the lead tackler of all DL in the NFL?
Tank Tyler!!

AND... The only team with two DL's in the top ten tacklers.. KC Chiefs. (Tyler and Dorsey)

This bodes well for us stopping the run.
Now if we can just get some more turnovers...

josh1971
09-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Kudos to Tank! I'm glad to see he's doing some good work there in the middle! Glad to see that Dorsey is also doing well, especially since these two had their throats cut by a lot of fans in the off-season.

I think we still need a beast of a pass-rusher off one of the ends.

Now if we can just keep the poor guys off the field for 40 minutes or more. We did better at that against the Raiders.

jb

matthewschiefs
09-22-2009, 10:18 PM
The D looks very good so far hopefuly the Offense can get going so they dont get worn down as the season goes on.

josh1971
09-22-2009, 10:23 PM
The more these guys all play together, hopefully we'll find a team identity and get some better play, and wins.

yashi
09-22-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm really happy that Tank has found his place as a NT. Dude is way too strong to not have a place on the team.

hometeam
09-22-2009, 10:36 PM
I agree, Tank is looking like he could be the NT he should be~

doobs_05
09-23-2009, 02:56 AM
I will agree our Run defense looked good....but to say our pass defense looked good against a really REALLY ****ty QB, i just don't believe it.

After this weeks game again Philly i will decide how well our D is

Connie Jo
09-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Doesn't hurt to dream does it?...that someday our Chiefs will have a Defense comparible to that of the 90's? :)

doobs_05
09-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Doesn't hurt to dream does it?...that someday our Chiefs will have a Defense comparible to that of the 90's? :)

Those were the days........our defense kicked ***

Connie Jo
09-23-2009, 03:04 AM
Those were the days........our defense kicked ***

Yes they did!! I will always believe that the Chiefs Defense of the 90's was one of the all time greatest in NFL history! I may be wrong due to bias, but I ain't changing my belief, haha. :)

chief31
09-23-2009, 03:46 AM
Well, it is nice to see that stat, no matter what else is going on.

I was one who was rather down abou Tank and Dorsey afer last season. But reserved my opinion some, as I knew that such a vanilla defensive style was not helping them, along with the fact of how young they both were.

Realy happy to see that they are getting comfortable on the line.

Vanilla Garilla
09-23-2009, 05:47 AM
I wish ... but here is a couple of interesting stats that show marked improvement.

Guess who is the lead tackler of all DL in the NFL?
Tank Tyler!!

AND... The only team with two DL's in the top ten tacklers.. KC Chiefs. (Tyler and Dorsey)

This bodes well for us stopping the run.
Now if we can just get some more turnovers...

Tank is definitely a beast this year, i am liking what i am seeing from Dorsey as well. I think our pass rusher will have to come from a LB, but next year i expect big old Tyson Jackson to get a few at least.

We have spent two number one draft picks in the last two years, so we are due.

pbatrucker
09-23-2009, 05:53 AM
I am excited about the progress of the defense. The lack of a consistent pass rush and the fact we aren't producing turnovers is a concern.

captainamerica
09-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I think the Vikings have the best D-line in football. It's hard to beat the Williams brothers and Jarad Allen. I think the Chiefs D-line has potential though. We have some talented guys on the line, but I still don't think were complete there. I think we could be better at NT obviously.

brish
09-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Tank has looked good indeed, and Dorsey surprises me. Tyson Jackson is a rookie, and will play like a rookie, but the more he plays, the faster he will learn..
We looked good against the run atleast..

My biggest concern is our LB's to be honest.. I think Hali is making good progress as a rush linebacker, I really think he has potential there!
But his problem is in coverage and open field tackling.. I hope DJ plays his way into the starting lineup this week, because he is by far the most "athletic" linebacker we have..

Corey Mays has been a pleasant surprise in the off season, but we haven't seen as many big plays from him the last 2 games. I like him alot though..
He had some good QB preassures in the preseason (he nailed Favre :D), but im afraid he is better against the run, and not so good in coverage.
So my concern is that we are going to be vulnerable to good TE's and slot recievers working the middle alot this season. As it was shown in Baltimore, which got better against Oakland though.

The problem is that our LB's are abit one dimensional, they lack the athletic ability to stand a chance in coverage. This might get better as we move along in the season, I hope sure hope so..

Overall im encouraged, but the lack of picks concern me.. I had hoped Flowers or Carr would have had atleast one each against a horribly playing JaMarcus Russel.

texaschief
09-23-2009, 03:46 PM
I think the Vikings have the best D-line in football. It's hard to beat the Williams brothers and Jarad Allen. I think the Chiefs D-line has potential though. We have some talented guys on the line, but I still don't think were complete there. I think we could be better at NT obviously.

This entire thread is about how well Tank Tyler (THE NOSE TACKLE and leading NFL DL tackler) is doing, and you think it's "obvious" that we need to be better there? :sign0153:

Three7s
09-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Tank has looked good indeed, and Dorsey surprises me. Tyson Jackson is a rookie, and will play like a rookie, but the more he plays, the faster he will learn..
We looked good against the run atleast..

My biggest concern is our LB's to be honest.. I think Hali is making good progress as a rush linebacker, I really think he has potential there!
But his problem is in coverage and open field tackling.. I hope DJ plays his way into the starting lineup this week, because he is by far the most "athletic" linebacker we have..

Corey Mays has been a pleasant surprise in the off season, but we haven't seen as many big plays from him the last 2 games. I like him alot though..
He had some good QB preassures in the preseason (he nailed Favre :D), but im afraid he is better against the run, and not so good in coverage.
So my concern is that we are going to be vulnerable to good TE's and slot recievers working the middle alot this season. As it was shown in Baltimore, which got better against Oakland though.

The problem is that our LB's are abit one dimensional, they lack the athletic ability to stand a chance in coverage. This might get better as we move along in the season, I hope sure hope so..

Overall im encouraged, but the lack of picks concern me.. I had hoped Flowers or Carr would have had atleast one each against a horribly playing JaMarcus Russel.
You're absolutely right about our LBs in coverage. They're good against the run, but against the Raiders, there were guys opened in their zone coverage all day, Russell was just missing them. If we have to go up against good TEs, we're in deep trouble.

drstandley31
09-23-2009, 06:41 PM
They still cannot generate much pressure on the QB. But they did go against a couple decent OL's. Toss in a few more blitz opportunities and things may be OK. Way better than the last 2 years, I'll give them that. F'n Herm (sorry, but I have to say that for at least one more year).

Pro_Angler
09-23-2009, 08:50 PM
I too am impressed with the way our D has been playing aside from the legget tobackle and the passes in the middle of our zone. nice to have flowers back although he did give up one play and dropped a sure 6 point INT.

Vanilla Garilla
09-23-2009, 09:14 PM
You're absolutely right about our LBs in coverage. They're good against the run, but against the Raiders, there were guys opened in their zone coverage all day, Russell was just missing them. If we have to go up against good TEs, we're in deep trouble.

Zach Miller is a damn good TE, actually considered one of the best up and comers in the league.

honda522
09-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Unfortunatly I don't see it ever being the way it was without our sack master DT. :(

pbatrucker
09-24-2009, 07:28 AM
It seems to me Hali is using only one move to get to the QB. Wise old man once said, you can't rush to the outside if you don't go inside. IMO he needs to develope more moves to rush the passer.
This could be from assignments by the coach, but a stunt or two seem to be in order.

bigpoppachief
09-24-2009, 06:57 PM
I knew Dorsey would start showing improvement he his rookie year on one of the worst chiefs teams ever so now he can actually get something going ! GO DORSEY !