PDA

View Full Version : I have problems.

honda522
09-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I think I have some type of anti social problem. I don't care to talk to people I don't know, its almost like I am afraid to. I feel like I have nothing to say to anyone I don't know.

If someone starts talking to me I am fine, I can talk back. And at work when I am forced to talk to a customer its not so bad.

It makes it really hard to have freinds.

matthewschiefs
09-26-2009, 11:57 AM
I think I have some type of anti social problem. I don't care to talk to people I don't know, its almost like I am afraid to. I feel like I have nothing to say to anyone I don't know.

If someone starts talking to me I am fine, I can talk back. And at work when I am forced to talk to a customer its not so bad.

Same problems here so dont feel to bad. :bananen_smilies046:

chiefsfreak4life
09-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure how to respond, cuz I'm not sure if you all are F-ing with us??

honda522
09-26-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure how to respond, cuz I'm not sure if you all are F-ing with us??
Nah, I am serious.

I just realized this today.

stoneygirl
09-26-2009, 03:20 PM

If this is you're biggest problem you're ok. Everyone has anti-social tendencies, I know I do. Don't let it get in the way of friendship though. If you have to just talk to people even if it makes you uneasy. The more you do it the easier it gets. At one time in my life I hated to talk to people I didn't know, but now it's easy. There are still times I don't say anything to anyone unless spoken to first, but its all good.

Vanilla Garilla
09-26-2009, 03:50 PM

I actually used to be like you. After my first son passed away, i developed a big anxiety disorder and had troubles talking to anyone. After a few years went by, i eventually MADE myself talk to people, and i actually just went out of my way to say hi to everyone at work, and generally be pleasant towards everyone.

Best decision i made, by regaining my personality back and socializing, it has helped me leap up the career ladder, and has let me meet and become friends with many different people.

My suggestion to you Honda, push the fear and anxiety away from you, and open yourself up to dialogue with people. You have nothing to fear except fear itself.

i wish you luck, but i know if i could conquer this, so can you.

chiefsfreak4life
09-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I think you need to find topics to talk with people that you enjoy and feel comfortable about. Basically ice breakers to start conversations. Sports, Movies, books, music. I can talk people's ears off, if I have simular interests. I have problems sometimes actually making eye contact and smiling at new persons, which makes me seem dis-interested, but really a throwback to my shyer days. At work, I am pretty outgoing, but because I feel comfortable in my surroundings.

Keep your chin up and keep trying. Start small. One thing that does help me, is not worrying about if they other person likes me or not, I like myself, so it makes me confident.
I don't know your age, but I do think as you get older, it becomes easier to talk to strangers, because as you get older, you usually become more comfortable with yourself and more confident in yourself.

Canada
09-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Have a couple of beers and talk to people about the Chiefs. I mostly talk football with people cause its an easy topic to talk about. Similar interests with people make it easier to get along. So do the beers!!:bananen_smilies046:

honda522
09-26-2009, 07:35 PM
I think you need to find topics to talk with people that you enjoy and feel comfortable about. Basically ice breakers to start conversations. Sports, Movies, books, music. I can talk people's ears off, if I have simular interests. I have problems sometimes actually making eye contact and smiling at new persons, which makes me seem dis-interested, but really a throwback to my shyer days. At work, I am pretty outgoing, but because I feel comfortable in my surroundings.

Keep your chin up and keep trying. Start small. One thing that does help me, is not worrying about if they other person likes me or not, I like myself, so it makes me confident.
I don't know your age, but I do think as you get older, it becomes easier to talk to strangers, because as you get older, you usually become more comfortable with yourself and more confident in yourself.

Here is where the problem really is, I have no reason to talk to anyone around me. I don't like smokers, I don't talk about rap, I don't have any reason to talk about piercings or tattoos.

No reasons to talk to the people who surround me, execpt at my work, which I forgot to mention I do talk to them, mainly cause I am forced to and it has helped.

I guess I am not surrounded by the right people:11:

Vanilla Garilla
09-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Here is where the problem really is, I have no reason to talk to anyone around me. I don't like smokers, I don't talk about rap, I don't have any reason to talk about piercings or tattoos.

No reasons to talk to the people who surround me, execpt at my work, which I forgot to mention I do talk to them, mainly cause I am forced to and it has helped.

I guess I am not surrounded by the right people:11:

Maybe your just too judgmental Honda. Regardless of peoples taste in music, tobacco consumption, and everything else, under all of that lies the true person and you should get to know them.

I think its plain silly to not want to talk to someone because you have different tastes. I think diversity is a great thing, and should be encouraged.

honda522
09-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Maybe your just too judgmental Honda. Regardless of peoples taste in music, tobacco consumption, and everything else, under all of that lies the true person and you should get to know them.

I think its plain silly to not want to talk to someone because you have different tastes. I think diversity is a great thing, and should be encouraged.
Well its hard to try and get along with someone when absolutly nothing in common. The people around here are losers and rude.

stoneygirl
09-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Well its hard to try and get along with someone when absolutly nothing in common. The people around here are losers and rude.

You need to get out and meet some like-mined people. KC is a large and diverse city. If you're into music go check out some local music. I've met alot of great people from going out to see local bands and talking with the musicians. Just getting out there and meeting people is good. You never know when or where you'll meet people that you click with. Take a chance!

doobs_05
09-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Have a couple of beers and talk to people about the Chiefs. I mostly talk football with people cause its an easy topic to talk about. Similar interests with people make it easier to get along. So do the beers!!:bananen_smilies046:
This....beer really helps with talking good and bad

Chiefster
09-27-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm a little like that; I need someone else to kind of break the ice. That's why it's easier for me to respond in threads then it is to start one.

honda522
09-27-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm a little like that; I need someone else to kind of break the ice. That's why it's easier for me to respond in threads then it is to start one.
Not quite the same thing :lol:

Chiefster
09-27-2009, 02:25 AM
Not quite the same thing :lol:

Perhaps not, but I, too, am less likely to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger in public.

tornadospotter
09-27-2009, 02:27 AM

First of all, you are no different than any body else, we all do not feel comfortable talking to people we do not know, is this bad, no!, I do not make conversations with somebody out of the blue, just because I am there with that person, hell no, I just not that type of person. I also was a person that could do something in front of a group, if I was not alone, but by myself, scared, stage fright type of thing, dude I had it bad. But in my life, I have had to face my fears, did not diminish them, but had to face a large crowd of 1000, and give a program on safety plans. I found out, over time and many additional programs that I have had to do,in my life, that my fear is more me based than anything! Just have faith in Who! YOU ARE!, BELIEVE IN YOUR SELF! HAVE FAITH THAT GOD BELIEVES IN YOU AND YOU WILL BE OK!
Mans greatest fear is, himself.

All else I can say is have a beer and chill, it's all good.:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-27-2009, 02:29 AM
First of all, you are no different than any body else, we all do not feel comfortable talking to people we do not know, is this bad, no!, I do not make conversations with somebody out of the blue, just because I am there with that person, hell no, I just not that type of person, I also was a person that could do something in front of a group, if I was not alone, but by myself, scared, stage fright type of thing, dude I had it bad. But in my life, I have had to face my fears, did not diminish them, but had to face a large crowd of 1000, and give a program on safety plans. I found out that my fear is more me based than anything! Just have faith in who YOU ARE!, BELIEVE IN YOUR SELF! HAVE FAITH THAT GOD BELIEVES IN YOU AND YOU WILL BE OK!
Mans greatest fear is, himself.

All else I can say is have a beer and chill, it's all good.:bananen_smilies046:

...This!

Good post!