PDA

View Full Version : positives lol

slc chief
09-27-2009, 03:40 PM
there are none from this game.i am not here to bash but losing 25 out of 27 is a freaking joke.then to hear rumors about our best player to possibly be traded almost laughable.hopefully this is rock bottom and evreything will be on its way up

Hayvern
09-27-2009, 03:41 PM
There are always positives in every game. At least Croyle did not get injured in this game.

Three7s
09-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Ummmm, we got a turnover?

chiefsfreak4life
09-27-2009, 04:15 PM
There are always positives in every game. At least Croyle did not get injured in this game.

LOL :bananen_smilies046:

bigpoppachief
09-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Kevin Kolb fit in well for Mcnabb oh wait positives for MY team....... Let me get back to you on that one

hardcorechiefsfan
09-27-2009, 04:37 PM
There were some positives I suppose, but I think those were accidental positives.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Who are we drafting next year???????????

Eydugstr
09-27-2009, 04:59 PM

oh wait positives for MY team....... Let me get back to you on that one

LOL!! Far as I am concerned some of the jokes posted here were the positive things to look forward to!!!

Let's face it...Our offensive line lets more people through than Iranian airport security.

matthewschiefs
09-27-2009, 05:55 PM
One postive for me is Todd Haileys post game. He said 3 or 4 times that it comes back on him. Thats something that you have not seen from a chiefs coach lately. Its the reason i have not lost faith in him. He takes accountablity. That being said this was still a LARGE SET BACK.

yashi
09-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Positive: Jamaal Charles. That's about it really.

hardcorechiefsfan
09-27-2009, 06:04 PM
One postive for me is Todd Haileys post game. He said 3 or 4 times that it comes back on him. Thats something that you have not seen from a chiefs coach lately. Its the reason i have not lost faith in him. He takes accountablity. That being said this was still a LARGE SET BACK.
So how would you rate him now? About a 6? I would say anything above -5 would be considered a positive.

greg3564
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Charles had a pretty good showing. 6 runs for 36 yards, 3 receptions for 28 yards. Hell of a lot better than LJ's 19 attempts for 38 yards and a lost fumble.

yashi
09-27-2009, 06:23 PM
That's not including the 25 yard TD run or whatever that got called back because of Bradley making a stupid penalty.

matthewschiefs
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM
So how would you rate him now? About a 6? I would say anything above -5 would be considered a positive.

Today he gets about a 2 maybe a 3 again the Chiefs did not come ready to play. Overall i will say a 6. I like some things but thats going to come down if we dont see a chiefs win soon.

Sn@keIze
09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Ill give you a positive.

The *** raping is over.

slc chief
09-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Positive: Jamaal Charles. That's about it really.
he did not do much positive our running game is probably last in the league after this week

KCraised
09-27-2009, 07:04 PM
One thing is sure clear...they POSITIVELY sucked!

wolfpack
09-27-2009, 07:06 PM
charles looked good and we are getting are monies worth from our punter.

slc chief
09-27-2009, 07:14 PM
charles looked good and we are getting are monies worth from our punter.

charles did not look good he looked mediocre not good no game breaking runs

yashi
09-27-2009, 08:10 PM
charles did not look good he looked mediocre not good no game breaking runs

Did you watch even watch the game? He had a 25 yard TD called back on a penalty, and also averaged 6 yards a carry and was our leading receiver.

josh1971
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Did you watch even watch the game? He had a 25 yard TD called back on a penalty, and also averaged 6 yards a carry and was our leading receiver.

Yes- imagine if he'd gotten all of LJ's touches as well. I'm not an LJ hater, but perhaps it's time to consider Mr. Charles for the start.

slc chief
09-27-2009, 08:19 PM

yeah i did watch the game leading rusher and reciever not saying much. if you you took anything out of that game to be proud of. you are blind the offense sucked the defense sucked. what are you defending. charles was mediocre bottom line. the whole team in general was below average. duh maybe you should watch the game again

yashi
09-27-2009, 08:23 PM
yeah i did watch the game leading rusher and reciever not saying much. if you you took anything out of that game to be proud of. you are blind the offense sucked the defense sucked. what are you defending. charles was mediocre bottom line. the whole team in general was below average. duh maybe you should watch the game again

Yeah you're right, 6.0 YPC is mediocre.

josh1971
09-27-2009, 08:29 PM

And if the one more attempt that was the 25 yd TD run had stood, his avg. would have been nearly 9 yards per carry.

I think perhaps Haley should start this kid and let LJ sit, that is if Haley's going to do that "putting the best guys out there that give us a chance to win" thing.

Just sayin'

slc chief
09-27-2009, 08:39 PM
penalty or no penalty he is not an every down back. he is a change of pace back and he did not change the pace of the game or outcome. and going into the game he had an 2.0 average per carrry btw. but at the same time i say start him because you can not get any worse than that sorry a## performance lj had go chiefs

UNC/KCChiefs
09-27-2009, 08:42 PM
And if the players showed up like Mcgraw........He did good things and why didn't we capitolize????

UNC/KCChiefs
09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Let me resond to that....LJ paid big bucks..... fumbles the dern ball. Who is he playing for???

josh1971
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Give me a break. ALL running backs will fumble at some point- it has something to do with them being human. LJ hasn't fumbled nearly as much as Charles has, and we're micro-analyzing now because we're sucky and losing.

If we were 3-0 and really clicking, LJ losing one fumble wouldn't even be getting discussed.

On the other hand, I have to agree that McGraw has really shown up this year as a special teamer.

jb

Hayvern
09-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Give me a break. ALL running backs will fumble at some point- it has something to do with them being human. LJ hasn't fumbled nearly as much as Charles has, and we're micro-analyzing now because we're sucky and losing.

If we were 3-0 and really clicking, LJ losing one fumble wouldn't even be getting discussed.

On the other hand, I have to agree that McGraw has really shown up this year as a special teamer.

jb

LJ has a tendency to los the ball in that moment between being almost down and being down. His fumbles are marginal like the one today. I Think it comes from frustration. I see him flip the ball out from under a pile many times just around the time the whistle is blown.

greg3564
09-27-2009, 10:43 PM
penalty or no penalty he is not an every down back. he is a change of pace back and he did not change the pace of the game or outcome. and going into the game he had an 2.0 average per carrry btw. but at the same time i say start him because you can not get any worse than that sorry a## performance lj had go chiefs

Uh, no he had a 4.4 average going into this game. He now has a 5 yard per carry average. LJ on the other hand was the one with a 2.5 per carry. After today's game he is up to a whopping 2.7!

KCraised
09-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes- imagine if he'd gotten all of LJ's touches as well. I'm not an LJ hater, but perhaps it's time to consider Mr. Charles for the start.

I agree with this post. If we don't start Charles, we might be looking at 0-16. We have to establish a damned running game and Larry Johnson has put the cement cleats back on. He tricked me last week and got me to cheer alittle for him but i think you would have a better chance of sighting a Sasquatch than an old LJ sighting....
The fork needs to be put back in this guy. He is done.

McLovin
09-27-2009, 10:54 PM
And with the first pick in the 2010 Draft the KC Chiefs pick....

Hopefully O-Line although I would be so for trading away to get two or three good 0-Line instead of one potential stud O-Line.

josh1971
09-27-2009, 10:56 PM
I think our first rounder (no matter where we pick in the draft) has to be an O-lineman.

EDIT- but then, having said that... watch them draft a DT

Bike
09-27-2009, 10:58 PM
3 games in and we're talking about the draft. Not good.

yashi
09-27-2009, 10:59 PM
We should have drafted OL with every pick in the last draft.

chief31
09-28-2009, 02:26 AM

Ok. MOST of the team looked terrible. But Charles did some pretty good things.

Having said that.... Most of it came when running the ball, trailing by alot. They were giving us the run, to a degree.

So I wouldn't get too high on those numbers.

But I definitely like the guy anyway.

And with the first pick in the 2010 Draft the KC Chiefs pick....

Hopefully O-Line although I would be so for trading away to get two or three good 0-Line instead of one potential stud O-Line.

I'd take the one, with a high probability to be a quality starter for years.

But then, I'd still take another in the second round, too.

doobs_05
09-28-2009, 03:01 AM
Watched the game with a buddy who's a TB Bucs fan and they only had 5 first downs and 86 yards of total offense so at least we weren't the worst team playing today

Seek
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
there are none from this game.i am not here to bash but losing 25 out of 27 is a freaking joke.then to hear rumors about our best player to possibly be traded almost laughable.hopefully this is rock bottom and evreything will be on its way up

Postives... Cassell didn't make stupid mistakes. He did play smart. Philly is a sacking, pressure, ball hawking team. He was 14 for 18 with 2 TD's and no INT... With that offensive line, and lack of receives. I thought that was good.

I think Haley was able to evaluate many players a little closer against a good team. Jamaal Charles had more fire in his runs. As the game went on, so did LJ. I think LJ may the next to get the Dbow, Dj treatment.

The evaluation helped diagnose bigger areas of concern. This is the second bad week for Albert. I am starting to think LT is a priority with him either moving to Guard or RT.

IlovetheChiefs
09-28-2009, 08:23 PM
And of course our punter was a positive once again. 9 punts all with good distance and hang time, forcing Philly to either signal for fair catches, or to get little in return yardage. But of course it's a negative that he had to punt 9 times in the first place. Ten really, but one was a fake punt.

And we held Philly to a 3 and out on their first drive. And when Philly went for it on 4th and 1 we stopped em. They foolishly tried to throw for the first down, but still, we held em.

And yeah Cassel having no Interceptions. And only one turnover in the game, which in my opinion was questionable if the ground caused that fumble.

Then that trick play from Cassel to Bradley to Charles.

And the fake punt that worked.

And our first td was a nice pass and catch by Cassel and Bradley. The Eagle covering Bradley was right on him.

And we got sacked 3 times which I think is a minor positive considering the defense we faced and considering our shaky oline.

And yeah Charles 6 for 36 on the ground is at least a minor positive.

Problem is the negatives were much more and much bigger. 0-11 on 3rd down conversions. (Oh but converting on that 4th down was a positive, yes). 90 total passing yards from Cassel. No sacks from our defense (I think Vrabel did get one right, that was negated by a penalty?). And on and on.

But yeah, can still find a few positives here and there. The biggest disappointment to me overall was Haley making Cassel hand off so much in the second half, throw short passes, and constantly bringing in Colquitt on 4th downs despite losing by 3 or 4 scores.

Haley says he wasn't playing conservative nor was he waving the white flag but rather just trying to find their identity. I don't know about that.

pbatrucker
09-28-2009, 08:43 PM

Do you think the NFL will feel sorry for us and give us 22 daft choices? I changed my profile pic trying to change our luck. If that doesn't work I'm putting on my DT jersey and putting a bag over my head for a profile pic. lol

Bike
09-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Haley said on 101 that at halftime he knew the team wasn't there to play, and told them they were going to run the ball the entire 2nd half.

drstandley31
09-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Guilty as charged. I posted the "Positives" after last weeks game, because I really thought there were some. Guess I was hitting the Jack a little too hard. Hailey just needs to pull an Obama and keep blaming the last guy for everything.