PDA

View Full Version : After what Herm and Carl did what did you expect?

King_of_the_Cassel
09-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Pioli and Haley inherited a team with little or no talent. Its kind of like taking the job as the Pittsburgh Pirates manager right now and expecting a world series...not gonna happen. I do think Haley has made some bad play calling decisions, but in the end against this very talented Eagles team, would it have mattered? I hate this losing and I hate dumb play calling, but Herm is to blame for this season. You cant make chicken out of chicken poop. There was not enough free agant talent available to make this team much better. Look at all the weapons Philly has on offense, then look at KC, Wade, Bradley, some TE Ryan, a terrible O-line and a RB in Johnson who can only find a hole if he falls into it. I o nce again hate what this team looks like, but I cant sit here and really blame Haley for all of it. Wish we wouldve kept Gonzales now.....

dad005
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM
half of this team isn't herm's...a majority of them are haley and pioli's "guys." when they came, they pretty much cleaned house. There are are very few "herm guys" left, so yes, the blame in my opinion is based on haley and/or pioli.

Three7s
09-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Don't care, there's no excuse for that joke of a display that was Haley's playcalling. I like to see a little aggression when down by 20. And yes, it does matter, we're trying to build something, but you can't build it if you can't get the players to respect you, and they won't with playcalling like that.

King_of_the_Cassel
09-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Really?? Half the team is Haleys "guys"? You mean Vrabel, cassel, Brown, Wade and Sean Ryan? Thats half this team?? OMFG, Plus, what free agents do you think he couldve got this offseason that were better than what we have?

dad005
09-27-2009, 05:30 PM
king of the cassel, are you really todd haley in disguise? the players you are naming are all haley's guys and are all major "contributors" and i will use that term loosely. and look it up, half of our 53 guys are 1st year chiefs players. do some research before you start bashing the facts...

Drunker Hillbilly
09-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Aren't the improvements obvious????????????????????

King_of_the_Cassel
09-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Once again, the majority who "play"were here last year, Iam not talking about the extra players...And yes I am Todd Haley

dad005
09-27-2009, 05:40 PM
cassel was here last year? mike goff? ndukwe (or however you spell it) was here? vrabel, mike brown, sean ryan, bobby wade, corey mays, tyson jackson, do you want me to continue? i just named half the starters.

none of them were here last year. charles, bradley, and flowers were all here last year and they were about the only tiny bright spots today. DJ and Bowe were both out today but would've been playing and i wouldn't consider them in the group of herm's "mistakes"...

all i'm saying is you can't blame all of this on herm edwards and carl petersen. they are gone and out of here, as are most of their blunders and mistakes (notice i said most)

reded
09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I expected it to take 2yrs of less than stellar play before they find the pieces that could turn this franchise around. You simply cannot take as many new faces as we have, throw them all together and make a great team. The players need to get to know each others tendencies and mindset in every situation in order for this thing to work. Look at the Dick Vermeil era, it wasn't particularly successful at first either but after a couple yrs together we had a team that was enjoyable to watch on Sundays and could whip anyone's a$$ on any given day of the week. Had we gotten better defensive personnel who knows what could have happened? (visions of SuperBowls danced in my head during those yrs)

Those of you who expect anything more than what you're seeing right now have either never had any experience playing or coaching the game or just don't have any patience whatsoever. I believe we'll get turned around but its gonna take time.

dad005
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
and you must have no experience coaching if you consider what haley does on sundays is acceptable and effective coaching...

Hayvern
09-27-2009, 06:14 PM
I expected it to take 2yrs of less than stellar play before they find the pieces that could turn this franchise around. You simply cannot take as many new faces as we have, throw them all together and make a great team. The players need to get to know each others tendencies and mindset in every situation in order for this thing to work. Look at the Dick Vermeil era, it wasn't particularly successful at first either but after a couple yrs together we had a team that was enjoyable to watch on Sundays and could whip anyone's a$$ on any given day of the week. Had we gotten better defensive personnel who knows what could have happened? (visions of SuperBowls danced in my head during those yrs)

Those of you who expect anything more than what you're seeing right now have either never had any experience playing or coaching the game or just don't have any patience whatsoever. I believe we'll get turned around but its gonna take time.

You know, this is pretty much BS as well. Every year there are many players that come and go. THese guys had an opportunity to bring in their own people and they brought in some, but don't tell me they did not know what they had and what they needed to do.

There were improvements that could have been made, and I don't care if a player has been in the league one year or five, they should know a little enough about football to be able to make a play once in a while. They know they cannot hold, they know their jobs. It is a failure on the part of the head coach to prepare this team for winning. It was the same as it has been for the last three years. We still do not have a coach that knows how to prepare this team to win.

reded
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Even though the end result is the same, at least I get entertainment value out of Haley ranting and raving on the sidelines vs. Herm standing there like a cardboard cutout with that stupid, bewildered look on his face.

dad005
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
You know, this is pretty much BS as well. Every year there are many players that come and go. THese guys had an opportunity to bring in their own people and they brought in some, but don't tell me they did not know what they had and what they needed to do.

There were improvements that could have been made, and I don't care if a player has been in the league one year or five, they should know a little enough about football to be able to make a play once in a while. They know they cannot hold, they know their jobs. It is a failure on the part of the head coach to prepare this team for winning. It was the same as it has been for the last three years. We still do not have a coach that knows how to prepare this team to win.
i agree completely

dad005
09-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Even though the end result is the same, at least I get entertainment value out of Haley ranting and raving on the sidelines vs. Herm standing there like a cardboard cutout with that stupid, bewildered look on his face.
...and placing the blame on everyone but himself. yeah, gotta love that..

brish
09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
and you must have no experience coaching if you consider what haley does on sundays is acceptable and effective coaching...

You on the other hand seem to have all the right answers....

honda522
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
I still expect a little better. I wasn't expecting to blow teams out, but this OL is ridiculus.

dad005
09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
No, I really don't.

Obviously I am not a fan of Haley and the arrogance and undeserved awe and respect he has placed upon himself. He has talked the talk to anyone and everyone since coming to Kansas City (telling Brian Waters he could've won 2 games last year with 11 guys off the street?), and shown none of it on the field.

Sorry, just feel like venting today... ;)

greg3564
09-27-2009, 07:14 PM
You can't expect a team to realistically have a winning season after only winning 2 games the season before. It ain't gonna happen. If it frustrates you to no end, then turn off the TV and radio and tune in next year. Keep in mind Herm was a TERRIBLE talent evaluator, a TERRIBLE coach, a TERRIBLE clock manager and a TERRIBLE motivator. And now you complainers expect a first year coach and a new GM to turn it all around in one offseason? Peterson's ego got in the way of personnel development. Those two morons WRECKED this team. So it's back to square one. This team is still one of the youngest teams in the NFL and very inexperienced. There's going to be a lot of learning to do, a lot of damage to undo from Edwards and a lot of gelling as a team.

This season is a wash and I knew that going into it. Would I like to win every week? Hell yes! But I know it's going to take another season or two to get where we need to be. If you wish to have high blood pressure, knock yourself out hoping for the unavoidable. Me, I just like to watch to see some development among some of the players. I REALLY liked watching Charles run and catch the ball. I still think he'll be the starting RB by the end of the season. LJ can't do squat and it's really starting to show as this season wears on.

reded
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
You can't expect a team to realistically have a winning season after only winning 2 games the season before. It ain't gonna happen. If it frustrates you to no end, then turn off the TV and radio and tune in next year. Keep in mind Herm was a TERRIBLE talent evaluator, a TERRIBLE coach, a TERRIBLE clock manager and a TERRIBLE motivator. And now you complainers expect a first year coach and a new GM to turn it all around in one offseason? Peterson's ego got in the way of personnel development. Those two morons WRECKED this team. So it's back to square one. This team is still one of the youngest teams in the NFL and very inexperienced. There's going to be a lot of learning to do, a lot of damage to undo from Edwards and a lot of gelling as a team.

This season is a wash and I knew that going into it. Would I like to win every week? Hell yes! But I know it's going to take another season or two to get where we need to be. If you wish to have high blood pressure, knock yourself out hoping for the unavoidable. Me, I just like to watch to see some development among some of the players. I REALLY liked watching Charles run and catch the ball. I still think he'll be the starting RB by the end of the season. LJ can't do squat and it's really starting to show as this season wears on.

Couldn't agree more.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
But there have been so many improvements..............or atleast that's what I keep hearing..........

Satch
09-27-2009, 07:43 PM

Amen greg!

Sn@keIze
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
You can't expect a team to realistically have a winning season after only winning 2 games the season before. It ain't gonna happen. If it frustrates you to no end, then turn off the TV and radio and tune in next year. Keep in mind Herm was a TERRIBLE talent evaluator, a TERRIBLE coach, a TERRIBLE clock manager and a TERRIBLE motivator.

Herm was a terrible Coach. However he was a decent evaluator and great motivator. BS and lip service was Herms specialty.

Exactly what improvements have you seen overall thus far? What was our record last year after 3 games? What is our record thus far?

slc chief
09-27-2009, 08:32 PM
you can only blame it on them for so long. this team was not ready to play today.start pointing fingers elsewhere

brish
09-27-2009, 08:38 PM
you can only blame it on them for so long. this team was not ready to play today.start pointing fingers elsewhere

CP / Herm: 3 years..

Pioli / Haley: 2 games..

Easy now.. If we don't win 2 games this year, THEN I will start calling for Haleys head too..

Atleast Haley looks like he is ready to cry from shame at the post game press conference. Whereas Herm was too busy making up excuses, and talking bull****!

King_of_the_Cassel
09-27-2009, 11:18 PM

Easy now.. If we don't win 2 games this year, THEN I will start calling for Haleys head too..

Atleast Haley looks like he is ready to cry from shame at the post game press conference. Whereas Herm was too busy making up excuses, and talking bull****!

Amen brother, I couldnt agree more....

honda522
09-27-2009, 11:38 PM

Right on man. :bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
09-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Pioli and Haley inherited a team with little or no talent. Its kind of like taking the job as the Pittsburgh Pirates manager right now and expecting a world series...not gonna happen. I do think Haley has made some bad play calling decisions, but in the end against this very talented Eagles team, would it have mattered? I hate this losing and I hate dumb play calling, but Herm is to blame for this season. You cant make chicken out of chicken poop. There was not enough free agant talent available to make this team much better. Look at all the weapons Philly has on offense, then look at KC, Wade, Bradley, some TE Ryan, a terrible O-line and a RB in Johnson who can only find a hole if he falls into it. I o nce again hate what this team looks like, but I cant sit here and really blame Haley for all of it. Wish we wouldve kept Gonzales now.....

This might've been credible if the best players on this team weren't "Herm's players." :lol:

chief31
09-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Blaming it on the previous staff is exactly how Herm made it through three seasons here.

There were alot of young, talented players here last season. Many were misused. And the overall scheme for the defense was a waste of that talent.

Chucking it all for a load of "players off the street" may not have been the best idea, in hindsight.

But that's ok. We can just continue to blame the last staff.

Pioli is under the impression that he can turn any common player into a star, because Bellichick was doing that for him the past few years.

And Haley makes enemies of his players. Then benches them, or releases them, for lesser players.

While three games is hardly a fair opportunity, they had better get things going soon. Otherwise, we will have the same thing as the last staff. Alot of lame excuses.

josh1971
09-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Chucking it all for a load of "players off the street" may not have been the best idea, in hindsight.

Ya bring up a good point. I have grown tired, under the Herm/Carl admin, and now this one, of watching this endless string of players come here, most of which elicit a "who the he ll is this guy?"

Then you find out he has mediocre stats, hasn't really consistently started anywhere, and so on.

Case in point- nearly every receiver we picked up in the off season save for Bobby Wade. I can see Engram going the route of Toomer if things don't snap up.

It's so disappointing. I'm so tired of every week going through the same process for the last year + . And the patronizing comments from friends about how this guy or that, or Piloi or whoever- "KC is going to be kick ***"- thanks, friend-who-follows-a-perennial-playoff-team!

I still think Todd Haley was a good hire, but maybe with these seven losses as a head coach, he'll start getting the idea that talk is cheap- players who "give you the best chance to win" aren't.

jb

King_of_the_Cassel
09-28-2009, 02:04 AM
If they are wanting to go younger, they should go after some younger WR who had alot of talent but maybe got drafted by a team that was already deep. You cant convince me that there aren't some younger guys not in the league who could do better than our current WR's. It is also hard to believe there arent better O-Linemen out there... I think LJ is done, go with Charles and Battle. Lets just see what happens... Go Chiefs

tornadospotter
09-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Blaming it on the previous staff is exactly how Herm made it through three seasons here.

There were alot of young, talented players here last season. Many were misused. And the overall scheme for the defense was a waste of that talent.

But that's ok. We can just continue to blame the last staff.

Pioli is under the impression that he can turn any common player into a star, because Bellichick was doing that for him the past few years.

And Haley makes enemies of his players. Then benches them, or releases them, for lesser players.

While three games is hardly a fair opportunity, they had better get things going soon. Otherwise, we will have the same thing as the last staff. Alot of lame excuses.
:sign0153::sign0098: I agree? yep.