PDA

View Full Version : Are the chiefs becoming the Royals?

wolfpack
09-27-2009, 07:04 PM
If you look at arrowhead the crowds are getting smaller.They are starting to have trouble selling out when just a few years ago there was a waiting list.
Glass says he cant afford high price players because nobody comes to watch them play.But the fans dont come to watch talentless team lose.
SO now arrowhead isnt filling up and Clark seems tobe spending less every year.They say we are 2 to 3 years away and we mightbe but isnt that what they been saying now for how many years?
We need to spend some money in the offseason and get some talent.Rejects from other teams will get you nowhere.Dont need tobe Snyder or Jones but get help.

tornadospotter
09-28-2009, 01:09 AM
If So, Take Me Now, Lord. My Heart Can Not Take It!!!!!

chief31
09-29-2009, 11:48 AM
I have little doubt that this team is deliberately underspending, the past few seasons.

While that is one problem that we are having, the biggest, in my opinion, has just been bad coaching staffs.

Not calling Haley and crew a bad staff yet. But I expect to be, soon enough. I hope that I am wrong. But I certainly do not trust them.

Being a diciplinarian is one thing. But insulting those that you expect to work for/with you is another.

honda522
09-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Football is a big part of this city. No one really cares about baseball anymore.

The reason your seeing empty seats is cause of our record and our performance. Who wants to spend 80 bucks on tickets and 20 bucks in parking to know what the outcome is going to be?

Just saying...

Three7s
09-29-2009, 01:47 PM
The Chiefs have been worse than the Royals since 07. Pretty sad huh?

slimdagreat
09-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Well the Royals have been awful for a very, very long time. Not too many seasons ago KC was 12-0 I believe so they've only been horrible for 3 years now.

IlovetheChiefs
09-29-2009, 08:45 PM
The bright spot for the Royals in this hugely disappointing season that was supposed to be much better is Zack Grienke. Best era in the majors (like 2.08 now). I really hope he gets the CY young. He deserves it; he's the best by far. Be silly to give it to someone inferior just because their TEAM won more games. The CY young is an INDIVIDUAL award.

honda522
09-29-2009, 08:46 PM
The Chiefs have been worse than the Royals since 07. Pretty sad huh?
Well its alot easier to look worse than a team who has what 150+ games?

IlovetheChiefs
09-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Well both of my beloved teams have been in hard times that's for sure. They'll both turn things around though, hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

Oh and Soria is certainly another bright spot for the boys in blue. One of the best closers again this year. Problem is the Roylas aren't in a saving situation all that much for him in the 9th inning.

Three7s
09-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Well its alot easier to look worse than a team who has what 150+ games?
I don't really go by that. I go by bright spots on a team. Like the post above mine, Greinke, Soria, and Butler are all studs and could easily be the core of a solid team in the future. Not saying the Chiefs can't do the same, in fact, I think the Chiefs do have some pieces, just way to many glaring weaknesses.

kilobytes
09-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Well the Royals actually have the best pitcher in Baseball and the injuries derailed us from being descent this year especially from that 18-11 start.

Greinke will win the AL Cy Young.

doobs_05
10-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Well the Royals actually have the best pitcher in Baseball and the injuries derailed us from being descent this year especially from that 18-11 start.

Greinke will win the AL Cy Young.

Highly doubt that (tho he should) they will give it to CC because hes a Yankee and on a winning team

AussieChiefsFan
10-01-2009, 03:44 AM
If you look at arrowhead the crowds are getting smaller.They are starting to have trouble selling out when just a few years ago there was a waiting list.
Glass says he cant afford high price players because nobody comes to watch them play.But the fans dont come to watch talentless team lose.
SO now arrowhead isnt filling up and Clark seems tobe spending less every year.They say we are 2 to 3 years away and we mightbe but isnt that what they been saying now for how many years?
We need to spend some money in the offseason and get some talent.Rejects from other teams will get you nowhere.Dont need tobe Snyder or Jones but get help.
Yeah in the offseason I was pretty disappointed that we didn't spend more money on better players!

For instance, I still cant get over not drafting Aaron Curry! The seahawks (the team that had the pick after us) drafted curry and they are now 1-2 and not doing too badly! I just cant stop thinking about what better position we would be in if we had drafted aaron curry instead of tyson Jackson! :( AARRGG!

Seek
10-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Yes the Chiefs are becoming the Royals. The Royals went out and got one the most coveted GM out there as did the Chiefs.

Both Teams know that you have to build a team through the draft. You can't just go buying all the high priced players on the Market, because you will over spend. Also, how many times, pecentage wise, do those guys live up to the contracts.

Unfortunately for the Royals building a team can take more than 7 years. For the Chiefs it may take 3.

I don't know what people are expecting. This team was horrible two years ago and did little to fix it. There are few building blocks on the team. Unfortunately, the fans this time, are not being patient and expecting instant results. It isn't fair to Pioli or Haley.

I can understand not renewing your seats or going to games. I am one of them. Unfortunately new additions to my family have limited my budget for thos luxury items, but I look forward to taking my whole family to every home game again some day.

honda522
10-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah in the offseason I was pretty disappointed that we didn't spend more money on better players!

For instance, I still cant get over not drafting Aaron Curry! The seahawks (the team that had the pick after us) drafted curry and they are now 1-2 and not doing too badly! I just cant stop thinking about what better position we would be in if we had drafted aaron curry instead of tyson Jackson! :( AARRGG!
I assure you we would still be 0-3 drafting any type of defensive player. We would be 0-3 unless we did something about our line.

Chiefster
10-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Are the chiefs becoming the Royals?

You mean are they trading their football gear and equipment for batting helmets, bats, and mitts???? :p

josh1971
10-02-2009, 10:40 PM
You mean are they trading their football gear and equipment for batting helmets, bats, and mitts???? :p

Well, the Royals don't seem to be using them much.

Just sayin!

IlovetheChiefs
10-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Well the Royals are on national tv today on Fox at 3:10pm. Both because the team they play, the Twinkies, are still alive in the division (one game back of the Tigresses) and because it's Greinke's last game of the season. I think if Greinke pitches yet another gem, he gets the Cy Young. I think he deserves the Cy Young award regardless of today, but that they'll be stupid and give it to someone else from a winning team, using a struggling performance today as an excuse to do that. His era is 2.08 and will still be by far the lowest in the majors regardless of what happens today.

wolfpack
10-03-2009, 01:01 PM
I`m saying that the didnt have to spend huge amounts. The ex-raven center Brown should have been bought and Neisgween(how ever you spell it) moved to RG. Two positions with one huge signing.
You spend 60+million on a QB and all you get for the oline is a .50 Goaff.

Chiefster
10-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Well, the Royals don't seem to be using them much.

Just sayin!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Three7s
10-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Well the Royals are on national tv today on Fox at 3:10pm. Both because the team they play, the Twinkies, are still alive in the division (one game back of the Tigresses) and because it's Greinke's last game of the season. I think if Greinke pitches yet another gem, he gets the Cy Young. I think he deserves the Cy Young award regardless of today, but that they'll be stupid and give it to someone else from a winning team, using a struggling performance today as an excuse to do that. His era is 2.08 and will still be by far the lowest in the majors regardless of what happens today.
I'm beginning to think that were a couple of the few that care about baseball around here. :(

IlovetheChiefs
10-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah not too many besides us comment on the Royals. But a thread once asking about favorite baseball team showed quite a few saying Royals. Probably because of another losing season (and this time all the more dismal since they won 10 less games than last year and were expected to maybe improve to .500 this year or even a little better).

But I love the Royals too and follow them closely. Too bad Greinke lost today. He had a one hit shutout going after 5 innings. Then the Twinkies got 4 runs off him in the sixth. So his era simply went up from 2.08 to something like 2.16. Hope they don't use one loss today as a reason to cheat him out of the Cy Young award.

And hope he stays with us in the future (of course). Was neat that recently when pitching at Yankee Stadium he said he'd love to pitch in the playoffs at Yankee Stadium in the future. Then he made it plain that he desires to do so as a Royal not a Yankee. Way to go Zack!

Oh, and when it comes to basketball I may be the only one here period, heh. I've commented a few times in the past on that sport and never got a response, nor have I ever seen any post at all on that sport. Of course, the Kings moved from KC over 20 years ago.

Stumplifter
10-03-2009, 11:52 PM
But I love the Royals too and follow them closely. Too bad Greinke lost today. He had a one hit shutout going after 5 innings. Then the Twinkies got 4 runs off him in the sixth. So his era simply went up from 2.08 to something like 2.16. Hope they don't use one loss today as a reason to cheat him out of the Cy Young award.

Good game today. Even though I am a die hard Chiefs fan, I live in MN and the Twins are 'my guys' when it comes to baseball. Sorry that they beat up your boy Greinke today. I, too, believe that he deserves the Cy Young this year.... the guy is an amazing pitcher.

Now..... if the White Sox can put it together for just one more game!!!!!!

IlovetheChiefs
10-03-2009, 11:59 PM
And I see the Chisox took Detroit again so you're now tied for first. You may have a playoff game coming up Monday to decide this division!

But it looks like what will happen yet again is the Redsox beat the Angels, and the Yankees beat the winner of the AL central. Course in a best of five there's always that chance.

In the National League this will really be something if the Rockies not only overtake the Dodgers (who have led the division the entire season) for the division, but also pass Philly and St. Louis for the first seed!

Three7s
10-04-2009, 01:41 AM
One thing that'll help Greinke out is that he's not tagged with the loss thanks to Jacobs and Gordon. I still don't see how he couldn't get the Cy Young.