PDA

View Full Version : aaron curry !!!!

slc chief
09-27-2009, 07:16 PM
oh what could have been he looks like a beast so far this year. and we definantly could use a fast paced lb and an o-line. still love the chiefs though just a hard day the giants are going down

Vanilla Garilla
09-27-2009, 07:24 PM
oh what could have been he looks like a beast so far this year. and we definantly could use a fast paced lb and an o-line. still love the chiefs though just a hard day the giants are going down

Did you not see what the Giants did to Tampa Bay? I try to be optimistic, but we are going up against a super bowl caliber team next week.

slc chief
09-27-2009, 07:27 PM
yeah but homefield advantage. the giants will feel the arrowhead wrath. i have heard enough crap about the twelth man in seattle we are the loudest in the nfl if we can present a descent team

brish
09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Did you not see what the Giants did to Tampa Bay? I try to be optimistic, but we are going up against a super bowl caliber team next week.

Im more concerned about meeting the giants than I was Philly.. That's saying a lot btw..
IM afraid it's going to get ugly..!

matthewschiefs
09-27-2009, 07:35 PM
I will always hope for a win. But it will be tough and if the chiefs play like today it could be even worse then today.

texaschief
09-27-2009, 10:39 PM
You're saying Tyson Jackson's 1 tackle in three games isn't all you expected it to be?

honda522
09-27-2009, 10:39 PM
we have the right the LB's we just need some OL to actually hit somebody, not just be hit.

tornadospotter
09-28-2009, 12:29 AM
He was my choice to draft!

doobs_05
09-28-2009, 03:04 AM
yeah but homefield advantage. the giants will feel the arrowhead wrath. i have heard enough crap about the twelth man in seattle we are the loudest in the nfl if we can present a descent team

lets hope fans show up! and vanilla don't compare any team with the bucs.....they sucked it up big time 5 first downs and 86 yards no TDs

yashi
09-28-2009, 07:46 AM
I worried that I'd be questioning the move to take Jackson over Curry at this point, and quite frankly I am.

It seemed so obvious. The best defensive player in the draft who also plays a position of need. And now we're forced to start Demorrio Williams who can barely tackle anyone because he's so small, and Corey Mays who can't cover a tree.

A front seven of Tank, Dorsey, Magee, Vrabel, Hali, DJ, and Curry would have been a lot better than Tank, Dorsey, Jackson, Vrabel, Hali, DJ, Mays.... by a mile in my opinion.

nigeriannightmare
09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
lets hope fans show up! and vanilla don't compare any team with the bucs.....they sucked it up big time 5 first downs and 86 yards no TDs

that's one tough defense that gets after the quarterback. we made Vince Kolb look like a probowler. although I want a win, realistically this is gonna be an ugly, ugly game. How did our offense do you yesterday?

Isawa_mo
09-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Well,
I think its early to call the Jackson pick over Curry a bust as of yet. Defensive linemen are notorious for not coming to their own until year two or three.

Bike
09-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Well,
I think its early to call the Jackson pick over Curry a bust as of yet. Defensive linemen are notorious for not coming to their own until year two or three.
Yabut i tackle in 3 games? I could do better than that, and I'm :wheelchair: .

lucky_lefty
09-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Well,

c/s this...the last d-lineman that really came in did damage had to be kearse and that was some time ago....give jackson some time....dorsey also

kilobytes
09-28-2009, 11:40 PM
c/s this...the last d-lineman that really came in did damage had to be kearse and that was some time ago....give jackson some time....dorsey also
Im starting to notice Dorsey getting better. Jackson so far is a PoS but ill give him a few years. But I remember hearing people saying Dorsey would be making an immediate impact in KC when he was drafted.....bull

josh1971
09-29-2009, 12:52 AM
And heck, Tank Tyler is also just starting to get better!

texaschief
09-29-2009, 01:38 AM
And heck, Tank Tyler is also just starting to get better!

Apparently not in Haley's eyes. The leading DL tackler so far this season has just been demoted... yet another top defensive performer getting screwed... nice. Hope Ron Edwards is everything Haley hopes he is. pfff

DT14PRIEST
09-29-2009, 01:47 AM
If Tank played any other position then NT then I'd see a cause for concern but seeing how much this team rotates D-Line in a game this barely registers as a blip on the radar in my book.

AussieChiefsFan
09-29-2009, 01:48 AM
The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall!

josh1971
09-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Apparently not in Haley's eyes. The leading DL tackler so far this season has just been demoted... yet another top defensive performer getting screwed... nice. Hope Ron Edwards is everything Haley hopes he is. pfff

ok, just because I've been annoyed with him this week...

WTF is wrong with this guy?

"You did real good- now ride pine..."

He needs to quit being part of the problem, and find 22 guys on OUR team that he likes, and give them a chance to be consistent. You can't be consistent when you constantly fear this head game nonsense.

Isawa_mo
09-29-2009, 02:38 AM
I think people are not seeing the big picture with this. Its becoming pretty obvious to me the last few weeks that he is trying to find out what he has with certain individual players.

That was why Charles was inactive for the raiders game. They wanted to see what they really had with Savage. Same with the TE.

I would not assume that Tank is in the dog house just because he is having another player start this week. I would say its more that he knows what he has with Tank, but wants to find out what he has in the other player.

josh1971
09-29-2009, 02:47 AM
But that's the madness- that's what you do during the offseason and pre-season. If Tank is playing very well, and you (Haley) claim to want to put the guys on the field who give you the best chance to win, why the he ll would you not start him? Doesn't he, as one of the leading tacklers, give you a better chance to win?

The regular season really shouldn't be for evaluation- these games count. Rotate in the guys you want to check out.

Isawa_mo
09-29-2009, 02:54 AM
But that's the madness- that's what you do during the offseason and pre-season. If Tank is playing very well, and you (Haley) claim to want to put the guys on the field who give you the best chance to win, why the he ll would you not start him? Doesn't he, as one of the leading tacklers, give you a better chance to win?

The regular season really shouldn't be for evaluation- these games count. Rotate in the guys you want to check out.

I am not personally in a position to say whether or not He does give us a better chance. I am not watching the players everyday. I am not arguing he is putting someone in there that he thinks has no talent. I think he is putting someone in there that he thinks has the possibility to have more upside talent.

In the end, this is just me speculating. I am not an insider or anything, I just think some of the moves point pretty strongly to that being the case. I do think its unfair to assume that every roster move is made just to punish. We know he has done that with some players, but we do not know that is always the motivation.

Honestly, I am not even going to argue whether its right or wrong. If he has this team failing to make progress by the middle to end of next year, then we have the answer to that.

texaschief
09-29-2009, 03:16 AM
Haley is starting to remind me of Obama. Change for change sake with "no interest in victory."

Bike
09-29-2009, 10:16 AM

Agreed. It looks as though that Haley is turning this entire season into a "practice" season - evaluating players instead of doing everything possible to win games...

Canada
09-29-2009, 11:01 AM

Yeah, cause these guys are lighting sh!t up. Bench the whole f**kin' team. Who cares, its not like they are winning. He is the leading tackler on a d line that gets run at 40 times a game. Whats the worst thats gonna happen now...we are gonna give up 40 points in stead of 34, someone else might have ANOTHER 500 yard game against us?

Agreed. It looks as though that Haley is turning this entire season into a "practice" season - evaluating players instead of doing everything possible to win games...

I believe most people already had this season chalked up to losing so why not turn it into a practice season.