PDA

View Full Version : Is our Chiefs in disarray?

Bike
09-27-2009, 11:29 PM
D.Bowe with a 'hammy' during wednesdays practice.
DJ with a 'groin' injury - and doesn't even make the trip to Philly.
A total team meltdown in Philly.
Are DBowe and DJ having 'personality conflicts' with Haley and being shopped?
Is Haley losing - or already lost - this team?
Whatever is going on, it aint looking good at this point...

honda522
09-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Like I said in my other thread I don't think the Chiefs are functioning as a team.

Bike
09-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Like I said in my other thread I don't think the Chiefs are functioning as a team.
This is true. And I will struggle right along with them. After 2 losses we took a large step back. I'm discouraged after this performance. We need to at least be competitive to keep team unity.

McLovin
09-27-2009, 11:57 PM
I am starting to wonder if Haley crossed the line from well deciplined team to losing the team. If so then someone needs to step in and put a stop to it. This was a really really bad game.

Bike
09-28-2009, 12:00 AM
I am starting to wonder if Haley crossed the line from well deciplined team to losing the team. If so then someone needs to step in and put a stop to it. This was a really really bad game.
Agreed. This isn't pop warner or high school...

honda522
09-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Maybe most the players just don't care if they win. Which is BS of course. It's a NFL players duty to try as hard as they can, its part of their duty to entertain the fans, its their duty to make all of us happy.

chief31
09-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Maybe most the players just don't care if they win. Which is BS of course. It's a NFL players duty to try as hard as they can, its part of their duty to entertain the fans, its their duty to make all of us happy.

The fact that they are comitting so many penalties suggests that they want to win, reeeealy bad.

I lean toward being undertalented at alot of positions. But then, as long as the guy ahead of you doesn't like being humiliated by the HC, then it doesn't matter if you have any talent. You get the job.

First, you insult the entire team, by saying you could bring in a bunch of Schmoe's off the street to do as good as they did.

Then you tell the current team leaders that you have nothing to discuss with them, when they try to be extra involved with the team.

Next, you start benching the talent for thos Schmoe's off the street.

Then you start releasing them, again, for those Schmoe's off the street.

I know that many of you approve of a HC being 'tough'. But, is Haley being tough, or is he being a jerk?

honda522
09-28-2009, 12:57 AM
The fact that they are comitting so many penalties suggests that they want to win, reeeealy bad.

I lean toward being undertalented at alot of positions. But then, as long as the guy ahead of you doesn't like being humiliated by the HC, then it doesn't matter if you have any talent. You get the job.

First, you insult the entire team, by saying you could bring in a bunch of Schmoe's off the street to do as good as they did.

Then you tell the current team leaders that you have nothing to discuss with them, when they try to be extra involved with the team.

I know that many of you approve of a HC being 'tough'. But, is Haley being tough, or is he being a jerk?
Apparentlythey don't want to win enough. They give up sack after sack. Its not like they are getting DPI cause hell, they can't even seem to cover a guy...or atleast DeSean Jackson.

Bike
09-28-2009, 12:58 AM

Not sure. And if his players aren't sure, he'll lose them imo...

honda522
09-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Plus if someone was calling you out, wouldn't you want to prove them wrong?

I just don't get it.

When is the last time an OL with a red and gold jeresy on got up and hit a man!?>

chief31
09-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Plus if someone was calling you out, wouldn't you want to prove them wrong?

I just don't get it.

When is the last time an OL with a red and gold jeresy on got up and hit a man!?>

Vick got smashed. As did that TE.

But again, lack of talent. Some of these guys are being awarded starting jobs because the more talented player got in Haley's "Dog House". Others are being played in positions that they just don't have the skill to play.

If someone calls me out as a far inferior basketball player to Kobe Bryant, it doesn't matter how bad I want to "prove them wrong".

You can say anything you want to motivate Corky. But he will never be able to cover Randy Moss.

And if the coach's directions are not really going to work, like Herm's defense, you can't prove that you are capable of doing the job. Because it is structurally wrong.

I don't trust this coaching staff. There is no product that they have ever shown that convinces me that they can do the job.

chief31
09-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Oops. Didn't notice that you were asking about the OL hitting someone. My bad.

tornadospotter
09-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Ok 538 post to look at and I start here with Yes!

josh1971
09-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Vick got smashed. As did that TE.

But again, lack of talent. Some of these guys are being awarded starting jobs because the more talented player got in Haley's "Dog House". Others are being played in positions that they just don't have the skill to play.

This is something with Haley that I'm growing increasingly tired of as well. He keeps talking about putting the best guys on the field to give us a chance to win- but it doesn't seem like he's doing that. DJ and Jamaal Charles, regardless of the week, seem to have given us a better chance to win, and for some reason, they keep getting shatted upon. Meanwhile, Mr. #1 draft pick has ONE tackle in 3 games.

I don't know about you guys as coaches, but my doghouse would certainly have a room for a guy who has been that effective. But I don't think you bench guys just to make a point- that's bad juju. That KEEPS us from winning games.

I don't trust this coaching staff. There is no product that they have ever shown that convinces me that they can do the job.

Haley I was happy to see- the mysterious "look what my left hand is doing!" way in which we assembled our assistants was just plain strange. Haley/Pioli seemed reluctant to actually name a D-coordinator for a while, didn't they? Then it was some dude that is so completely underwhelming.

I hope things pick up soon.

jb

Bike
09-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Ok 538 post to look at and I start here with Yes!
Man you've got a lot of catching up to do. Put on your reading glasses!!

tornadospotter
09-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Man you've got a lot of catching up to do. Put on your reading glasses!!

Well then dammit stop giving me more post to look at.:D

Bike
09-28-2009, 01:33 AM
Well then dammit stop giving me more post to look at.:D
Jeez, you don't have to be such a Haley about it...:11:

CrazyCanuck
09-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Its true the team needs to pick it up a bit, but what I see as a major problem is Todd Haleys play calling and game management.
For example today he went 0/11 on third down and many of those were 3rd and 1, and the others were 3 and long and he called passes to the flat and 5 yarders.
There is not much the team can do if the HC calls bone head plays, and miss manages game this bad.
If anyone should be in the dog house it should be Todd Haley.

Does anyone else agree?

chief31
09-28-2009, 01:51 AM
This is something with Haley that I'm growing increasingly tired of as well. He keeps talking about putting the best guys on the field to give us a chance to win- but it doesn't seem like he's doing that. DJ and Jamaal Charles, regardless of the week, seem to have given us a better chance to win, and for some reason, they keep getting shatted upon. Meanwhile, Mr. #1 draft pick has ONE tackle in 3 games.

I don't know about you guys as coaches, but my doghouse would certainly have a room for a guy who has been that effective. But I don't think you bench guys just to make a point- that's bad juju. That KEEPS us from winning games.

Haley I was happy to see- the mysterious "look what my left hand is doing!" way in which we assembled our assistants was just plain strange. Haley/Pioli seemed reluctant to actually name a D-coordinator for a while, didn't they? Then it was some dude that is so completely underwhelming.

jb

Big rep for that "left hand" part in there. :lol:

Bike
09-28-2009, 02:00 AM
Its true the team needs to pick it up a bit, but what I see as a major problem is Todd Haleys play calling and game management.
For example today he went 0/11 on third down and many of those were 3rd and 1, and the others were 3 and long and he called passes to the flat and 5 yarders.
There is not much the team can do if the HC calls bone head plays, and miss manages game this bad.
If anyone should be in the dog house it should be Todd Haley.

Does anyone else agree?
A HC is a manager. And all Haley has managed to do so far is lose 4 pre-season games and 3 regular season games - the last one a complete team meltdown. So, yes, I agree.

Hayvern
09-28-2009, 02:14 AM

jb

Yeah, I thought it was hilarious that they also picked the Cardinal's DC to boot. The guy was not that great with the Cardinals, we all know that. Yeah there were some guys saying that the Cardinals got better on defense towards the end, better than what though?

One thing that is odd to me. Bowe and DJ have been benched because "They are not playing the way we want them to play". Ever stop to think that the way those players play is the way they should play? You might want them to play some other way, but seriously, Bowe's strength is not flying down the field at break-neck speed. You don't try to make him that kind of receiver. You make him the receive that he is, a large physical receiver that can fight off a defensive player for the ball. Ochocinco he is not!!!

The same goes for DJ, you hardly see him play, but when he does, he comes up with a big play, but you bench the guy the first two games and now he is injured (again *Sigh*). Seriously, Haley has made his point, now it is time to get behind your better players and get some wins going.

No player will ever play well when he knows that he can get dumped at any minute, and that is exactly what this staff has made clear.

I know from experience at my job, a few years ago my boss let some people go, everyone started looking at themselves and wondering if they were next, including me, it killed my moral and it still has not completely recovered.

tornadospotter
09-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Yeah, I thought it was hilarious that they also picked the Cardinal's DC to boot. The guy was not that great with the Cardinals, we all know that. Yeah there were some guys saying that the Cardinals got better on defense towards the end, better than what though?

One thing that is odd to me. Bowe and DJ have been benched because "They are not playing the way we want them to play". Ever stop to think that the way those players play is the way they should play? You might want them to play some other way, but seriously, Bowe's strength is not flying down the field at break-neck speed. You don't try to make him that kind of receiver. You make him the receive that he is, a large physical receiver that can fight off a defensive player for the ball. Ochocinco he is not!!!

The same goes for DJ, you hardly see him play, but when he does, he comes up with a big play, but you bench the guy the first two games and now he is injured (again *Sigh*). Seriously, Haley has made his point, now it is time to get behind your better players and get some wins going.

No player will ever play well when he knows that he can get dumped at any minute, and that is exactly what this staff has made clear.

I know from experience at my job, a few years ago my boss let some people go, everyone started looking at themselves and wondering if they were next, including me, it killed my moral and it still has not completely recovered.
But the OC that made adjustment last season to fit the talent we had, is gone.

Hayvern
09-28-2009, 02:48 AM
But the OC that made adjustment last season to fit the talent we had, is gone.

Yeah, and it was probably his willingness to make changes and use players in their strengths that got him jobless as well.

IlovetheChiefs
09-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Give the Eagles credit though on that offense. It's frustrating that they're so good with so many relatively short passes, but they mix it up with many patterns and slants very effectively. Haley said before the game that it's a very hard offense to defend against. The Chiefs had some poor tackling and coverage here and there, that led to a couple of big touchdown runs. But mostly it was like Kolb no sooner was hiked the ball that he zipped it 5-10 yards to someone, who then usually got tackled immediately. But when you keep completing those, you then keep moving the chains, and thus eventually get a td or fg.

Like in week one the Eagles dogged the Panthers 38-10. But now Carolina is beating Dallas 7-3 in the 3rd quarter. So don't lose hope. Maybe the Cowgirls (like Miami, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay , and Arizona) [who were all good last year but struggling so far this year] will fall to us at Arrowhead in 2 weeks. And with GlennBree there all the more reason to have hope for that game!!

Bike
09-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Give the Eagles credit though on that offense. It's frustrating that they're so good with so many relatively short passes, but they mix it up with many patterns and slants very effectively. Haley said before the game that it's a very hard offense to defend against. The Chiefs had some poor tackling and coverage here and there, that led to a couple of big touchdown runs. But mostly it was like Kolb no sooner was hiked the ball that he zipped it 5-10 yards to someone, who then usually got tackled immediately. But when you keep completing those, you then keep moving the chains, and thus eventually get a td or fg.

Like in week one the Eagles dogged the Panthers 38-10. But now Carolina is beating Dallas 7-3 in the 3rd quarter. So don't lose hope. Maybe the Cowgirls (like Miami, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay , and Arizona) [who were all good last year but struggling so far this year] will fall to us at Arrowhead in 2 weeks. And with GlennBree there all the more reason to have hope for that game!!
Good analysis and thanks. Maybe we stun the league vs the giants and turn the corner...

drstandley31
09-29-2009, 12:15 AM
I really thought they would play well in Philly. I guess we know what we have, and it's not much. But I'll watch every week and hope they can get better. Even though the DL is better than last year, it's still not very good. Can't get any pressure. And what the F kind of play calling is that. Ok, you don't agree with Chan and want to do it yourself, I get that. But I don't get what it is he wants to do. Run the F'ing ball when you're down by a ton? I still support all these new guys, but this really blows.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Your joking right?????? I mean this can't be a serious question.

nigeriannightmare
09-29-2009, 01:50 AM
Your joking right?????? I mean this can't be a serious question.

Neither guy was drafted by Haley/Pioli. Arugments can be made for the pros and cons of both players. We need more than 2 guys to get better. Both could hold some value adding picks to next years draft. After all we only got a late 2rounder for Tony. I don't think this is too far fetched.

brish
09-29-2009, 03:32 AM

Seriously where do you come up with your info?

The reports are that they are both injured, and I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise..
Is this just speculation, if so then speculate, don't state it like it's facts.
If there is something to base this on, then please do share..

AussieChiefsFan
09-29-2009, 05:08 AM
If we dont win a game soon its gonna be pretty worried, and my hopes aren't exactly "high" for the giants game!

chief31
09-29-2009, 11:02 AM

Yes. the eagles are a pretty good team. And they often do vey well with whatever backup they have at QB. (Mcnabb has been hurt alot)

Plus, as feared, they were able to generate plenty of pressure. But hey are pretty good in that area, anyway.

It's not like we allowed some piss-poor team to do those things.

Bike
09-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Neither guy was drafted by Haley/Pioli. Arugments can be made for the pros and cons of both players. We need more than 2 guys to get better. Both could hold some value adding picks to next years draft. After all we only got a late 2rounder for Tony. I don't think this is too far fetched.
I am "speculating" they are both in Haleys' doghouse. I mean - to not even make the trip?

chief31
09-29-2009, 11:09 AM
I am "speculating" they are both in Haleys' doghouse. I mean - to not even make the trip?

That comment about "Guys off the street" probably made enemies of eveyone on this team.

Not one of the wisest things that I have ever seen a new HC do.

Calling your subordinates, essentially, "worthless", before even getting to work with them, is ill-advised.

isht_starter
09-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Is our Chiefs in disarray?

Is our children learning?