PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Jason Whitlock was just a Herm homer?

King_of_the_Cassel
09-28-2009, 01:20 AM
You know, I believe Jason Whitlock gave Herm alot less grief after THREE years of subpar performances than he is giving Haley after just three games. Haley is a 1st year HC and still getting to know what he has to work with. Has he made some bad decisions? Yes, but all coaches do from time to time, the difference is they arent first year coaches inheriting a team on the skids. Is Haley going to turn it around? Who knows for sure, but there is no doubt Herms last press conference as a head coach will be on Coors Light commercials. Jason's blind love for Herm reminds me of Obama supporters who refuse to see the facts and just see him through rose colored glasses. Jason is a poor journalist and actually more of a attention whore. If Whitlock reported correctly and fairly then nobody would talk about him. :fatlock: :sign0103:

matthewschiefs
09-28-2009, 05:25 AM
Its part of the reason i am not so hard on Hailey 3 games and people are quiting on the guy when herm got 3 years. Hopefuly things turn around soon. GO CHIEFS

Hayvern
09-28-2009, 10:36 AM
I never was on the Haley wagon, you can go back through posts about him being signed and find that. I just did not think this team after the 2008 season needed to invest in a rookie head coach to go along with a rookie GM and a rookie team.

We needed a guy with a proven track record to come in here and be a head coach, someone who knows about working with young players and making a team.

No, we grabbed this guy, and now this is where we are.

Is Fatlock a Herm homie? I don't think so, he was definately down on Herm and Peterson as well.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
He's black and Whitlock always sides with the person of color if one is involved. He truly is like that.

wubfree
09-28-2009, 11:30 AM
I completely disagree with Drunker Hillbilly. If you read his Sean Taylor and Don Imus work he most definitely does not just side with people of color. I think he tells it like it is, which is what makes him so important as a journalist.

As for why he seems to be more lenient on Herm....I'm not sure that he was but since Haley and Pioli are so arrogant, which Herm was not, Haley-Pioli are easier targets and more fun, I'm sure, to tee off on. 22 guys off the street clearly cannot win more than 2 games in the NFL.

Chiefster
09-28-2009, 11:31 AM
If Whitlock reported correctly and fairly then nobody would talk about him. :fatlock: :sign0103:

Guess what?

I don't talk about him; in fact I go out of my way to avoid talking about him. But, that's just me.

Bike
09-28-2009, 11:41 AM
He's black and Whitlock always sides with the person of color if one is involved. He truly is like that.
I disagree. He tends to side with people that stand behind him in buffet lines...:fatlock:

Drunker Hillbilly
09-28-2009, 11:43 AM
I completely disagree with Drunker Hillbilly. If you read his Sean Taylor and Don Imus work he most definitely does not just side with people of color. I think he tells it like it is, which is what makes him so important as a journalist.

As for why he seems to be more lenient on Herm....I'm not sure that he was but since Haley and Pioli are so arrogant, which Herm was not, Haley-Pioli are easier targets and more fun, I'm sure, to tee off on. 22 guys off the street clearly cannot win more than 2 games in the NFL.
I listened to him regularly for many years and he clearly has an issue with racism and does not have a problem letting people know it. Not saying he goes over the line with issue's like Imus and such but more often than not, in my years of hearing him, him sides with his race. Rightly so or not, it's just what I have experienced listening to him for about 9 years. He filled in for Rome one day and I thought he was going to have a heart attack when talking about the number of black head coaches in college football!!:fatlock:

lucky_lefty
09-28-2009, 01:24 PM

you can't be serious?? he constantly craps on minority (esp. black players)...only people who hate Whitlock more than KC residents are black people, me included

Drunker Hillbilly
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
you can't be serious?? he constantly craps on minority (esp. black players)...only people who hate Whitlock more than KC residents are black people, me included

No, he bangs on idiots period white
, black or orange but he clearly sides with his race. He has no problem bangin on black athletes that have done something bad however you evidently didn't hear his rant on the lack of black college coaches.

Chiefster
09-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Let's not turn this into a race issue, but rather concentrate on weather or not he preferred one coach over the other as the OP suggests.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Let's not turn this into a race issue, but rather concentrate on weather or not he preferred one coach over the other as the OP suggests.
No, no definetly not, I was just suggesting that may be a reason as to why he seemed to give Herm the benefit of the doubt a lot of times. I don't give a damn if he's green, if he can't coach, I don't want him!! I'm all for giving Haley his time to prove himself but to me, the personell that this team has absolutely has to change because I feel like a lot of these guys are simply not NFL talent and should have been cut a long time ago!!

Chiefster
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM
No, no definetly not, I was just suggesting that may be a reason as to why he seemed to give Herm the benefit of the doubt a lot of times. I don't give a damn if he's green, if he can't coach, I don't want him!! I'm all for giving Haley his time to prove himself but to me, the personell that this team has absolutely has to change because I feel like a lot of these guys are simply not NFL talent and should have been cut a long time ago!!

Agreed, hopefully Pioli and Haley will address the dead weight sooner rather then later.

kilobytes
09-28-2009, 11:32 PM
He didn't support Obama so no.

drstandley31
09-28-2009, 11:39 PM
$hitlock is just upset because his press card doesn't even get him a cup of coffee anymore. Wonder if this guys ever worked a day in his life.

Bike
09-29-2009, 10:28 AM
He's fat.