PDA

View Full Version : Am I easy on Pioli and Hailey YES heres why

matthewschiefs
09-28-2009, 12:01 PM
I have a friend who on Mondays I always talk football with. He became all to use to me ranting and planing to stangle one Herm Edwards over the past few seasons. So he was ready to here the same with Todd Hailey after seeing the Chiefs play Yesterday. Only to have me be very easy on him. Yes I admit to being very very easy on Todd Hailey and Scott Pioli. Heres why.

1st the fact that they did not entirely build this football team. There are still a high number of players that were not there choice but there was not anyone out there that was clearly better so they went with what they had. It will take at least anther off season before we see a team that either one of the to is happy with.

2nd This was a 2 win football team last season. There seem to be some out there that think that Haily and Pioli made some huge promise to make this a superbowl team overnight. If anything is true it is the reverse. One of the more common sayings that I have heard from Todd Hailey is that first there are no "sacrite cows" and "rome was not built in a day". This is there first year together there is going to be some adjusting time. Scott Pioli has to see what type of players that Todd Hailey needs and fit what Hailey needs and needs time to get them. You simply can not judge this new managment after 3 regular season games.

3rd. I dont think That the palycalling that Todd Hailey has done has been as bad as others. There seems to some who think this is the same offense as last year. I have seen over the last 2 weeks an onside kick I belive in the 2nd quater that should have worked is the chiefs player could have held on to the ball. Then yesterday a fake punt and a backwards pass to a wide reciver who then threw the ball. 2 of the 3 worked and the other one should have. Todd Hailey has been more aggersive then Herm edwards ever would want to be. There is a running game in his system that I think has alot of people surprised. You have to be able to run the ball just as much as you can throw the ball. Do I think that Hailey at one point decided to play to just make it through the game yesterday yes. But at some point in some games that is all you can do. Its just better for the team to make sure your team is still intact weather then try to risk injury just trying to make the score more respectable.

4th I saw something in the post game comments that I REALY LIKED. One of the first things that Todd Hailey said was that he did not do a good job. Hailey is a tough coach yes. That is a proven way to win in the NFL. Does anyone think that Bill parcels would be as good of a coach if he had the "its ok" mindset after a player made a mistake. Hailey is tough on his players but he also nos when he does not do the job. To me that gives me hope that hes learning from his mistakes hopefuly and wont repeat them. Its defently better then the put it all on the players that we have seen the last few seasons.

All this being said There are things that have me worried about Hailey. The Bottom line is that the Chiefs are 0-3. I have said over and over that Both Pioli and Hailey need time. I think that most of us look as Dick Vermiles time in Kc as a good time for the chiefs. Rember his first year was nothing to get happy about. He even took over a much better football team then what Hailey did. Once again I will say given time Todd Hailey and Scott Pioli can work out very well for the Chiefs. I at least will be patent with them. But Next year there better be alot of improvement. Or my rants about a horrible coach will return. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

garciakcfan
09-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I agree, but at least if he's gonna be such a hard nosed disciplinarian then the team should reflect that... You dont need to be a superstar to be disciplined, penalties are killing this team....

But I agree with everything you wrote:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
09-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I agree, but at least if he's gonna be such a hard nosed disciplinarian then the team should reflect that... You dont need to be a superstar to be disciplined, penalties are killing this team....

But I agree with everything you wrote:bananen_smilies046:
Yep. Nothing wrong with being a diciplinarian. But you have to do it in a way that demands respect out of your players.

majorwoody
09-29-2009, 03:39 PM
I have a friend who on Mondays I always talk football with. He became all to use to me ranting and planing to stangle one Herm Edwards over the past few seasons. So he was ready to here the same with Todd Hailey after seeing the Chiefs play Yesterday. Only to have me be very easy on him. Yes I admit to being very very easy on Todd Hailey and Scott Pioli. Heres why.

1st the fact that they did not entirely build this football team. There are still a high number of players that were not there choice but there was not anyone out there that was clearly better so they went with what they had. It will take at least anther off season before we see a team that either one of the to is happy with.

2nd This was a 2 win football team last season. There seem to be some out there that think that Haily and Pioli made some huge promise to make this a superbowl team overnight. If anything is true it is the reverse. One of the more common sayings that I have heard from Todd Hailey is that first there are no "sacrite cows" and "rome was not built in a day". This is there first year together there is going to be some adjusting time. Scott Pioli has to see what type of players that Todd Hailey needs and fit what Hailey needs and needs time to get them. You simply can not judge this new managment after 3 regular season games.

3rd. I dont think That the palycalling that Todd Hailey has done has been as bad as others. There seems to some who think this is the same offense as last year. I have seen over the last 2 weeks an onside kick I belive in the 2nd quater that should have worked is the chiefs player could have held on to the ball. Then yesterday a fake punt and a backwards pass to a wide reciver who then threw the ball. 2 of the 3 worked and the other one should have. Todd Hailey has been more aggersive then Herm edwards ever would want to be. There is a running game in his system that I think has alot of people surprised. You have to be able to run the ball just as much as you can throw the ball. Do I think that Hailey at one point decided to play to just make it through the game yesterday yes. But at some point in some games that is all you can do. Its just better for the team to make sure your team is still intact weather then try to risk injury just trying to make the score more respectable.

4th I saw something in the post game comments that I REALY LIKED. One of the first things that Todd Hailey said was that he did not do a good job. Hailey is a tough coach yes. That is a proven way to win in the NFL. Does anyone think that Bill parcels would be as good of a coach if he had the "its ok" mindset after a player made a mistake. Hailey is tough on his players but he also nos when he does not do the job. To me that gives me hope that hes learning from his mistakes hopefuly and wont repeat them. Its defently better then the put it all on the players that we have seen the last few seasons.

All this being said There are things that have me worried about Hailey. The Bottom line is that the Chiefs are 0-3. I have said over and over that Both Pioli and Hailey need time. I think that most of us look as Dick Vermiles time in Kc as a good time for the chiefs. Rember his first year was nothing to get happy about. He even took over a much better football team then what Hailey did. Once again I will say given time Todd Hailey and Scott Pioli can work out very well for the Chiefs. I at least will be patent with them. But Next year there better be alot of improvement. Or my rants about a horrible coach will return. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!
yeah maybe but when something don't work you try something different look I don't blame it all on Todd Haley it's team effort but the play calling just sucked!!!!.....In simple term's if the running game is isn't working then pass funny 14 point's and both were pass play's i say weve seen this type of play calling before TODD EDWARDS!!!!!!!!