07-08-2006, 04:23 AM
It's here. Bring your observations.

Chiefster
07-08-2006, 04:25 AM
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Can't wait!!!

KC-Krazo
07-13-2006, 09:08 PM
YUP I am with you guys on the cant wait! Nfl network is running a nice peice on Tomba.You guys should check it out.

chief31
07-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Myself, I'm taking the kids up to River-Falls for a week. So I'm extra hyped for the start of camp. It also means that I won't be working that week.

Guru
07-15-2006, 01:06 AM
KC-Krazo wrote:
YUP I am with you guys on the cant wait! Nfl network is running a nice peice on Tomba.You guys should check it out.

If only I had that channel.

Guru
07-15-2006, 01:07 AM
chief31 wrote:
Myself, I'm taking the kids up to River-Falls for a week. So I'm extra hyped for the start of camp. It also means that I won't be working that week.

Have fun. We will be talkin about ya. :-x

Chiefster
07-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Man, I'm going to have to go away on a week’s vacation more often; this place really picks up when I'm not around. :-D

Old_admin
07-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Glad to see you back Chiefster. Hope you had a nice vacation.

Chiefster
07-19-2006, 01:29 AM
admin wrote:
Glad to see you back Chiefster. Hope you had a nice vacation.

Thanks; it's good to be back bud, and the week off with the family did me a world of good! We all had a blast!

It's good to see ya back on the board again.

Guru
07-23-2006, 10:22 PM
OH NO!!!! He's back. Sickem rufus!!!!!

Chiefster
07-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Guru wrote:
OH NO!!!! He's back. Sickem rufus!!!!!

Keep yer pit bull away from me. 8-)

kenny1937
07-24-2006, 02:34 AM
:lol: I am having an anxiety attack, and according to Chiefster the only cure is a Chief's game, I WANT A CHIEF"S GAME! Sob!

Chiefster
07-24-2006, 07:39 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
:lol: I am having an anxiety attack, and according to Chiefster the only cure is a Chief's game, I WANT A CHIEF"S GAME! Sob!

Well that is the only known cure for true Chiefs fans. :-D

Welcome aboard kenny1937, drop by our "Introduce yourself to the Crowd" forum and let us know all about ya. Well, I mean let the rest of us know all about ya. ;-)

Guru
07-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Chiefs football is back. Here's to an outstanding pre-season, regular season, playoffs and........

SUPERBOWL!!!!!

Chiefster
07-28-2006, 06:12 AM
Guru wrote:
Chiefs football is back. Here's to an outstanding pre-season, regular season, playoffs and........

SUPERBOWL!!!!!

HERE, HERE!!! :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

hyperlite
08-14-2006, 07:02 PM
I went to TC.

Was absolutely incredible.

Chiefster
08-14-2006, 09:13 PM
hyperlite wrote:
I went to TC.

Was absolutely incredible.

What one thing stands out in your mind about TC this year?

hyperlite
08-15-2006, 07:21 PM
How do you "quote?"

Sorry I can't seem to figure it out.

The one event that really stood out was when Larry Johnson pulled up next to my car at a stoplight. He was rollin in a Mercedes G Class, with what looked like 26s with the windows down. He was wearing a wifebeater shirt and the vehicle was full of other bling wearing ganstas' (Chiefs players), but I couldn't see who they were. He was in the popular "leaned back" position. The rap music was blasting.

I immediately rolled down the window and screamed, "Larry!" and waved.

He gave me a nodd and a small wave and drove off.

Chiefster
08-16-2006, 12:38 AM
hyperlite wrote:
How do you "quote?"

Sorry I can't seem to figure it out.

The one event that really stood out was when Larry Johnson pulled up next to my car at a stoplight. He was rollin in a Mercedes G Class, with what looked like 26s with the windows down. He was wearing a wifebeater shirt and the vehicle was full of other bling wearing ganstas' (Chiefs players), but I couldn't see who they were. He was in the popular "leaned back" position. The rap music was blasting.

I immediately rolled down the window and screamed, "Larry!" and waved.

He gave me a nodd and a small wave and drove off.

Cool beans!!! :hammer: :hammer:

Oh, BTW the "quote tab" is located at the bottom left hand corner of the text box.

chief31
08-18-2006, 10:47 AM
I wasn't very impressed with the actual practice sessions there. In the week that I was in River Falls, I never saw any real contact. That is not to say, that I saw anything that I didn't like. Just that I didn't see much of anything.

Trent Green throws a beautiful pass. And I was impressed to a degree with the size, strength and quickness of Clint Mitchell. A 26 year old DE who was a seventh round pick for Denver a couple of years ago. Appearantly, he doesn't play as well as he practices. He has been unable to find a job for the past two seasons.

To be fair, I didn't really get to concentrate on what was going on, on the field, as much as I would have liked. I was there with three kids. So, I relly didn't get to see a whole lot.

I will say that while I love what Jared Allen is capable of. However, I believe that he will always be too high strung. Any form of misdirection; screen; bootleg or cutback, will, generally, eat him up. He seems to lack dicipline.

Tamba Hali didn't look special to me. The only thing that he did to catch my attention,(during practice) was when he left practice with an ice pack on his ribs.

Tony Gonzales didn't practice. Nor did he sign any autographs, that I saw.

What has been called "big hits" by the guy covering the training camp sessions, were actually just stearn shoves and bumps. I can not say that about all of the hits he mentions, but if the two that I saw were any indication, then he is definitely exaggerating.

I don't want anyone to think that I didn't have a good time. I most certainly did.
Jared Allen was great during autograph signings. A lot of fun to talk to.
Trent Green really is a good guy. Always smiling, signing when not required, and generally a genuine good guy. Tamba Hali was as friendly as anyone could expect from a guy with his upbringing. He smiled, posed for pics and signed happily. Not very talkative though.(as I would expect) Seeing as he had family on his mind.
Dante Hall seemed thrilled to be there. Friendly and talkative.
Larry Johnson avoided the whole crowd as much as possible. We did not get to have him sign. Turley was not particularly friendly, nor stand-offish. I asked him if he had spoken with Willie. He said that he hadn't, but that he hoped to soon.
Will Shields seemed a little busy when we saw him enter and leave a practice from his car. He had a small crew of kids with him that day. He avoided the crowd, both on his way in, and out. However, he accidentally parked outside of the roped-off " team personell" parking area. So, my kids all rushed over, and were the only ones to obtain his signature that day.
Brodie Croyle seemed a whole lot like Trent Green. Personality-wise. Smiling, happy and very friendly. He stayed and signed, well after the end of his mandatory signing time.

My kids were bored and restless during the actual practice sessions, but they came alive during the autograph signings. And they are awefully good at it too. They squeeze in and out of the crowds like greased lightning.

Well, enough for now.( bedtime ya'know)

Chiefster
08-18-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm glad you had a good time, sounds like a lot of fun! I just hope that what we've seen out of the pre-season is not an indication of things to come. :-(

Halfcan
08-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Chiefster wrote:
I'm glad you had a good time, sounds like a lot of fun! I just hope that what we've seen out of the pre-season is not an indication of things to come. :-(

Lets hope you are right. Seemed like a powderpuff camp to me-did they even practice???

Chiefster
08-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Halfcan wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Lets hope you are right. Seemed like a powderpuff camp to me-did they even practice???

Good question; I was hoping for more of a much tougher demeanor out of Herm.

Guru
08-23-2006, 01:05 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Well.... he does expect Gun not to curse.

Chiefster
08-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

I can tell ya right now that aint gonna happen. :lol:

He'll just curse under his breath is all. :-P

Guru
08-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Nah, Gun's self control is not that good. :-x

Chiefster
08-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Nah, Gun's self control is not that good. :-x

How can you say that; it's not like he flips officials "the bird" after a game or anything. :-D

chief31
08-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Well, Gunther did seem a little bit quieter than I had expected...............

Chiefster
08-24-2006, 06:53 AM
chief31 wrote:
Well, Gunther did seem a little bit quieter than I had expected...............

...A bit out of character for him.