PDA

View Full Version : Priest is frustrated

sling58
08-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the Crowd, Priest! We are all frustrated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Frustrated and helmetless, Priest Holmes (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4047) had to stand around and watch Sunday while the Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan) went through another practice without him.

Holmes:

The former Pro Bowl running back had hoped to get medical clearance and be removed from the physically unable-to-perform list and take part in his first actual practice on Sunday.
But with general manager Carl Peterson out of town -- reportedly attending to negotiations with holdout running back Larry Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6363), Holmes' status remained the same.
"It's not a setback. We just have to wait until Carl gets back in town," said Holmes. "I'm not sure when he'll be back."
The former Pro Bowl running back has remained on the list since he unexpectedly decided to come to training camp last month in River Falls, Wis., and attempt an improbable comeback at the age of 33. He hasn't played or practiced since sustaining severe head and neck trauma in October 2005 during a game at San Diego.
Coach Herm Edwards said he wanted to make sure not to hurry Holmes.
"He's not ready. We had a long talk," Edwards said. "The doctor said it's OK for him to participate. But in his mind, and in our mind, we felt where he's at right now he's not 100 percent with his legs underneath him. He's laid off for a long time. I told him today, 'I'm not going to rush you. I'm definitely not going to rush you.'"
Holmes, the Chiefs' career rushing leader, scored 27 touchdowns in 2003 for what was then an NFL record, and he is the Chiefs' career rushing leader.
After being examined by team physician Dr. Jon Brown, Holmes was on the field but without his helmet, which players on the list may not wear. While teammates went through a tough, physical practice, Holmes jogged, stood around and ran phantom passing routes away from everyone else.
"Dr. Brown wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. Instead of me coming out and possibly violating my PUP by putting my helmet on," Holmes said. "That's the only reason why you see me out here with shoulder pads and no helmet. I can mirror just about everything that they're doing. But I can't put on the helmet while I'm still on the actual PUP list."
The Chiefs have to be careful not to take him off the list too early. If he's activated but then cannot play, they would either have to cut him or place him on injured reserve, putting him out for the season. A possibility is they would keep him on the list into the regular season and then make a decision no later than the ninth week.
"We don't want to be put in a situation where all of a sudden you take him off PUP and you start practicing and you say two days from now, 'I'm really not ready yet,'" Edwards said. "Well, that's OK for you but it's not OK for the football team."
Without Johnson or Holmes, the Chiefs' running game has been feeble in two preseason losses. They netted only 61 yards in an 11-10 loss to Miami last week even though Dolphins defensive starters Jason Taylor (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3968), Zach Thomas (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3569) and Keith Traylor (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=1487) did not suit up.
Edwards was caught in a somewhat embarrassing situation when he said Holmes was in the stadium during the Dolphins game only to discover later that he had flown home to San Antonio and not attended.
"He's come to work every day, never been late," Edwards said. "He went home for the preseason game Thursday. I talked to him during the day. I didn't anticipate him going home. I thought he was going to the game. He went home to see his family. I told him the next day, 'All you have to do is tell me so I know where you're at.'
"Priest Holmes has not been a distraction. He's been a guy that's trying to come back from an injury. For him to do what he's trying to do, I applaud the guy. Now we've got to see if it's going to work out. But he has to make this team. He doesn't make this team because he's Priest Holmes."

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 08:44 AM
...Sounds like Carl is, again, out to lunch.

sling58
08-20-2007, 08:55 AM
or he had to go to Starbucks to get a Cafe Mucho Expresso. Carl, DRINK A BEER AND CLEAR YOUR HEAD ALREADY!!!!

Canada
08-20-2007, 09:05 AM
or he had to go to Starbucks to get a Cafe Mucho Expresso. Carl, DRINK A BEER AND CLEAR YOUR HEAD ALREADY!!!!

It works for me!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 10:18 AM
It works for me!! :bananen_smilies046:

...And, has for quite some time. :D

stlchief
08-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Say what you want about Carl, but he pushed for nationally televised games @ Arrowhead in '08 pretty hard during his interview in the 3rd quarter.

I hope it pays off....

And Tirico had a good comment on Peterson: The business of the Chiefs is good even if the post-season continues to suck. I guess that is his job 1 or the Hunt's wouldn't have stuck with him for almost 20 years.

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Say what you want about Carl, but he pushed for nationally televised games @ Arrowhead in '08 pretty hard during his interview in the 3rd quarter.

I hope it pays off....

And Tirico had a good comment on Peterson: The business of the Chiefs is good even if the post-season continues to suck. I guess that is his job 1 or the Hunt's wouldn't have stuck with him for almost 20 years.

Yeah your right; he should be honored and congratulated for doing the job for which he is highly paid. :p

sling58
08-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah your right; he should be honored and congratulated for doing the job for which he is highly paid. :p

Do I since a bit of sarcasim (sp)?

tornadospotter
08-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the Crowd, Priest! We are all frustrated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Frustrated and helmetless, Priest Holmes (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4047) had to stand around and watch Sunday while the Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan) went through another practice without him.
:11:
Yea Duh, He wants to play. Carl get him off the PUP so he can practice. Priest wants to play. I think he will make the team if they will let him practice. He is ready, the docs have ok him, turn him loose, if he gets hurt he gets cut from the team.

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Do I since a bit of sarcasim (sp)?

NoooOOOOOoooo!!!! :D

wolfpack
08-20-2007, 01:26 PM
this is getting tobe a joke with holmes. suit up or retire. i think he should just retire. he cant even come to the games. total B.S. he thinks hes part of the team but dosent prove it.

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 01:46 PM
this is getting tobe a joke with holmes. suit up or retire. i think he should just retire. he cant even come to the games. total B.S. he thinks hes part of the team but dosent prove it.

He's on PUP; what exactly is he supposed to be proving at this point? The Drs have cleared him yet King Carl keeps him on the Physically Unable to Perform list and Germ Edwards is telling him that he doesn't want to rush him. I thought he should have retired also, but also feel that his hands are tied at this point; kinda hard to prove your "part of the team" when you can't even practice with them.

DrunkHillbilly
08-20-2007, 03:08 PM
He's on PUP; what exactly is he supposed to be proving at this point? The Drs have cleared him yet King Carl keeps him on the Physically Unable to Perform list and Germ Edwards is telling him that he doesn't want to rush him. I thought he should have retired also, but also feel that his hands are tied at this point; kinda hard to prove your "part of the team" when you can't even practice with them.

I thought it was a bit ironic to listen to him talk about wanting to be a leader and a motivation to young players but he leaves to San Antonio 6 hours before the game! PUP list or not, he still should have stayed in KC and attended the game! At this point, I think he will just become a distraction and do more harm than good!

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 05:28 PM
I thought it was a bit ironic to listen to him talk about wanting to be a leader and a motivation to young players but he leaves to San Antonio 6 hours before the game! PUP list or not, he still should have stayed in KC and attended the game! At this point, I think he will just become a distraction and do more harm than good!

...And, what; sit up in the VIP section eating nachos? The guy went home to see his family; big deal. It was a preseason game; one that he could not even participate in. I personally don't see what the big deal is, but that's just me. I do think he should have let Herm know though. Distraction; please tell me how that works? I think he was less of a distraction by not being there. Heck the only reason we knew he was in Texas with his family is because the local media made this big deal out of it.

wolfpack
08-20-2007, 05:44 PM
you dont have to suit up to be a team leader . yea, hes on pup but his legs arent broken. he can walk the sidelines and help his team. at least they know hes there giving support instead of hundreds of miles away eating nachoes in front of the tube.

m0ef0e
08-20-2007, 06:37 PM
This is like the hardest thing for me this preseason. Priest is one of my favorite players of all-time. All the mixed opinions and chaos surrounding the situation are fueled even more by the fact that LJ is holding out and it has become a nightmare for me to read some of the things people say about Holmes. I'm so confused. I love Priest but the water is REALLY murky...

Canada
08-20-2007, 06:58 PM
This is like the hardest thing for me this preseason. Priest is one of my favorite players of all-time. All the mixed opinions and chaos surrounding the situation are fueled even more by the fact that LJ is holding out and it has become a nightmare for me to read some of the things people say about Holmes. I'm so confused. I love Priest but the water is REALLY murky...

I hear ya man...i feel the same way. I am just gonna let it play out and see what happens! :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
08-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I hear ya man...i feel the same way. I am just gonna let it play out and see what happens! :bananen_smilies046:

That's really all we can do. I'll tip a glass with ya while we wait. :D :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
08-20-2007, 07:01 PM
That's really all we can do. I'll tip a glass with ya while we wait. :D :bananen_smilies046:

At the pace things are going we may have to tip a few!! lol :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 11:25 PM
you dont have to suit up to be a team leader . yea, hes on pup but his legs arent broken. he can walk the sidelines and help his team. at least they know hes there giving support instead of hundreds of miles away eating nachoes in front of the tube.

The team is going to get through preseason with or without Holmes pacing the sidelines while on PUP just fine. I honestly think its much ado about nothing. JMHO.

We may have to agree to disagree here. :bananen_smilies046:

peekaboo224
08-20-2007, 11:57 PM
I would like to see Holmes playing right now too. He is one of my most favorite players (next to DT). I wish Carl would make a decision since the doctors have cleared him. Holmes still has a couple of good years in him.

I don't think it was a big deal that Holmes went home to Texas - however, he should be a leader on the team which means he should have stayed at the game. Even if he can't play, he can contribute a lot being on the sidelines. He can give advice to the backup running backs or discuss things with the offensive line. Pre-season is meant for players to work out the kinks and see what works and and doesn't work. He should have been there to be part of this as he will be playing sometime this year. He will only be behind the 8-ball by not participating.

Chiefster
08-21-2007, 12:13 AM
I would like to see Holmes playing right now too. He is one of my most favorite players (next to DT). I wish Carl would make a decision since the doctors have cleared him. Holmes still has a couple of good years in him.

I don't think it was a big deal that Holmes went home to Texas - however, he should be a leader on the team which means he should have stayed at the game. Even if he can't play, he can contribute a lot being on the sidelines. He can give advice to the backup running backs or discuss things with the offensive line. Pre-season is meant for players to work out the kinks and see what works and and doesn't work. He should have been there to be part of this as he will be playing sometime this year. He will only be behind the 8-ball by not participating.

I honestly don't know why anyone would care; I mean the guy has been away for two years, so why do we all of the sudden make a big deal out of the fact that he missed a preseason game. But, that's just my opinion.

wolfpack
08-21-2007, 10:06 AM
holmes came back so he can be on hard knocks.

swmochiefsfan
08-21-2007, 11:22 AM
funny,and probably not far from the truth.

Chiefster
08-21-2007, 03:19 PM

...Very well could be.

chief31
08-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Sure seems odd that the guy who has worked so hard to avoid the limelight, for the past year and a half, suddenly decided that he needed to be the center of attention again. While the Chiefs may let him go, I think he is serious about his attempt at a comeback.

DrunkHillbilly
08-22-2007, 11:08 AM
...And, what; sit up in the VIP section eating nachos? The guy went home to see his family; big deal. It was a preseason game; one that he could not even participate in. I personally don't see what the big deal is, but that's just me. I do think he should have let Herm know though. Distraction; please tell me how that works? I think he was less of a distraction by not being there. Heck the only reason we knew he was in Texas with his family is because the local media made this big deal out of it.

He spent the last 2 years with his family remember? If he is as serious as he says he is about playing football and wanting to contribute to the team, how about starting by being with your team that by the way....all want to be with their families as well!!!! Kinda weird when the coach says" he's somewhere in the building".

I just think he owes it to the team and the players to be in it as much as the rest of the team has to be. After all, he has been paid for the last 2 years to not call or talk to anyone in the organization!!

Don't get me wrong here, I think Priest is one of the good guys in the game but when you talk the game he has been talkin for the last 2 months, I think you need to lead by example.

swmochiefsfan
08-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I do think if your on the team you should be on the sidelines

luv
08-22-2007, 02:06 PM
He says he wants to be a leader. "You guys have fun. I'm not playing, so I won't be there." Boomer hasn't played, but he's been there.

Chiefster
08-22-2007, 10:43 PM
He spent the last 2 years with his family remember? If he is as serious as he says he is about playing football and wanting to contribute to the team, how about starting by being with your team that by the way....all want to be with their families as well!!!! Kinda weird when the coach says" he's somewhere in the building".

I just think he owes it to the team and the players to be in it as much as the rest of the team has to be. After all, he has been paid for the last 2 years to not call or talk to anyone in the organization!!

Don't get me wrong here, I think Priest is one of the good guys in the game but when you talk the game he has been talkin for the last 2 months, I think you need to lead by example.

The only reason he's been talkin is because the media has been there to hang on every word; like I said the only reason we knew he was missing in the first place is because the media has made such a big deal out of it.

He says he wants to be a leader. "You guys have fun. I'm not playing, so I won't be there." Boomer hasn't played, but he's been there.

Fair enough, I just think it is still much ado about nothin; people act like Priest Holmes is the only player in the NFL who's still on the PUP list to ever miss a preseason, or a regular season game for that matter. JMHO

Chiefster
08-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I, also, think that Priest is a bit frustrated with Carl who has seen fit to play up the fact that he has returned when it was convenient to do so in the middle of LJ's contract negotiations, but has not seen fit to take him off the PUP list although he has been cleared by the physicians to resume normal team activities.

DrunkHillbilly
08-23-2007, 10:49 AM
The only reason he's been talkin is because the media has been there to hang on every word; like I said the only reason we knew he was missing in the first place is because the media has made such a big deal out of it.

Fair enough, I just think it is still much ado about nothin; people act like Priest Holmes is the only player in the NFL who's still on the PUP list to ever miss a preseason, or a regular season game for that matter. JMHO

2 years pay to speak to nobody in the organization warrants attendance at a preseason game.

chief31
08-23-2007, 10:57 AM
How one-sided can people be?!?!?!?!? Preist holmes, who hasn't been allowed by the team to participate in any team practices, is being ripped to shreds. All the while, Larry Johnson has been welcome, even expected, at practices and preseason games and has refused to show up. Maybe, like many people have said, it's all about motives. Let's take a look. Priest went to spend a day with his family, while L.J. was complaining about the contract that he paid an agent to get for him, that he signed.

It seems so clear to me. What are the rst of us looking at this through?

swmochiefsfan
08-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Your making alot of sense chief31, I'm a family man myself, its the most important thing in life to me (fallowed closely by chiefs football). It does seem like Carl kinda used him like a pawn in his negotiations with LJ, I'm not a big fan of holdouts but Larry was deserving of a new contract, maybe a bit to high but he's a hoss lets hope he lives up to it.

Canada
08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
How one-sided can people be?!?!?!?!? Preist holmes, who hasn't been allowed by the team to participate in any team practices, is being ripped to shreds. All the while, Larry Johnson has been welcome, even expected, at practices and preseason games and has refused to show up. Maybe, like many people have said, it's all about motives. Let's take a look. Priest went to spend a day with his family, while L.J. was complaining about the contract that he paid an agent to get for him, that he signed.

That's funny coming from you.

Canada
08-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Your making alot of sense chief31, I'm a family man myself, its the most important thing in life to me (fallowed closely by chiefs football). It does seem like Carl kinda used him like a pawn in his negotiations with LJ, I'm not a big fan of holdouts but Larry was deserving of a new contract, maybe a bit to high but he's a hoss lets hope he lives up to it.

I am a family man too, but when i gotta work I can't just say well, time to go see the kids and leave.

swmochiefsfan
08-23-2007, 11:19 AM
That's funny coming from you.
hey work is work, if you want to keep the munchkins fed its a necassary evil, but if I had made several millions I could afford to hold out.Still it seems selfish when you already make more than I will see in my whole life

chief31
08-23-2007, 11:21 AM
I am a family man too, but when i gotta work I can't just say well, time to go see the kids and leave.

Can you get a raise by abandong everyone you work for/with? Was Priest told that he was required to be at the game? It's very common for players who aren't allowed to participate in team activities to miss preseason games. Is it not?

sbenson9
08-23-2007, 11:24 AM
I am new to this forum and am interjecting on a well established thread. I dont want to think that carl peterson got the priest thing going to get a contract with LJ done but with priest still on the PUP, Im starting to think it could be. HEs cleared. Get him on the field. The only way you are going to find out is let him take some shots and see how his body responds. I read that he could be our third down back. With his talet, he is going to be more than that and will probably seek a trade at the end of the season. Is this also in petersons thoughts. then we have the priest running for touches against the chiefs. If we could get LJ, Priest and bennett all on the same page, What a lineup but dont know if its gonna happen:mob:

Canada
08-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Can you get a raise by abandong everyone you work for/with? Was Priest told that he was required to be at the game? It's very common for players who aren't allowed to participate in team activities to miss preseason games. Is it not?

No...that would get me fired. And sure it is common to miss preseason games, but don't go walking around talking about being a "team leader" when you obviously don't want to be.

swmochiefsfan
08-23-2007, 11:28 AM
I am new to this forum and am interjecting on a well established thread. I dont want to think that carl peterson got the priest thing going to get a contract with LJ done but with priest still on the PUP, Im starting to think it could be. HEs cleared. Get him on the field. The only way you are going to find out is let him take some shots and see how his body responds. I read that he could be our third down back. With his talet, he is going to be more than that and will probably seek a trade at the end of the season. Is this also in petersons thoughts. then we have the priest running for touches against the chiefs. If we could get LJ, Priest and bennett all on the same page, What a lineup but dont know if its gonna happen:mob:
good post, except Bennett is gone, the double threat of Holmes and Johnson is very intriging.

luv
08-23-2007, 11:30 AM
I think LJ and Carl were going to come to terms with or without Priest. LJ got out of training camp. There's no way he was going to pay not to play and also hurt his stats.

That said, I believe Priest said something about his returning making for a good story. That's not a reason to return to a football team. Sounds a little selfish, but that's just my opinion. That, and a "leader" would be on the sidelines during games. I don't think he'll see a lot, if any, play time. I hope he proves me wrong. I really do.

luv
08-23-2007, 11:32 AM
good post, except Bennett is gone, the double threat of Holmes and Johnson is very intriging.
Bennett is gone?!? Did I miss something????

swmochiefsfan
08-23-2007, 11:37 AM
I thought bennett was traded,am I wrong? I hope so the kids got talent

Canada
08-23-2007, 11:42 AM
You are wrong. He hasn't been traded...unless it happened this morning!

sbenson9
08-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Dont go messin withme. Not that I am that high on bennett. he is a solid player but he is no LJ or Priest. He started all the preseason games. I also need your opinion. I am not worried about the preseason losses. wE HAD NO FULL BACK, so a 1 demensional running game. we didnt have bowe in yet, and No LJ. quarterback is going to be sketchy but the d fense looked really good. Aam I wrong to say that we could be a 12-4 team and at worst a 10-6 team.

Chiefster
08-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Dont go messin withme. Not that I am that high on bennett. he is a solid player but he is no LJ or Priest. He started all the preseason games. I also need your opinion. I am not worried about the preseason losses. wE HAD NO FULL BACK, so a 1 demensional running game. we didnt have bowe in yet, and No LJ. quarterback is going to be sketchy but the d fense looked really good. Aam I wrong to say that we could be a 12-4 team and at worst a 10-6 team.

In a word: "Yes".

That is all.

DrunkHillbilly
08-23-2007, 01:33 PM

I'm looking at it from the perspective that he has been paid for the last 2 years by the club and didn't even bother to stay in touch with the organization just for the sake of updating them on his injury. They treated him well and he disappeared for 2 years!

Second, he has publicly talked about wanting to be a leader, said he would gladly accept LJ's starting position salary and said he wanted to be a role model for some of the younger players on the team.

This is a business that he has been in for years. He has been away from his family during training camp and the regular season every year for umpteen years. Now all of a sudden he wants to be "special"??? WTF!! He knows the drill!!! Is it fair for him to go see his family and the rest of the players not to? Do you think some of these rookies could use a little home cookin?

The bottom line is that if he wants to be a leader on this team, he needs to act like a leader! Lip service doesn't cut it anymore! Lead by example or get the hell out of the way so someone else can! Who that is, I don't know but it is certainly not the Priest any longer!:mob:

m0ef0e
08-23-2007, 03:39 PM

I don't think you are wrong in the fact that the Chiefs may do well this year. It's football, nothing is set in stone. Yes, there are huge question marks about the Chiefs this preseason, but this does not automatically put the Chiefs at the bottom of the barrel.

This certainly has the potential to be a bad year for us. However, as I said, this is football. You never know what will happen until after the games are played. The Chiefs do have a tendency to put a good product on the field, by the way.

So, to say 10-6 at worst is maybe a stretch in my mind. We could certainly do a lot worse, but I also believe that the possibility still exists to do as well as 14-2. Just because things are uncertain doesn't mean we need to give up and write the season off as a loss. Most of the people who do that are already working for ESPN and local media because of their incredible foresight... (I couldn't resist.)

Chiefster
08-23-2007, 05:07 PM
2 years pay to speak to nobody in the organization warrants attendance at a preseason game.

Huh, :sign0153:

Eggsactly my point.

Does the sun rise in the east and set in the west?

No...that would get me fired. And sure it is common to miss preseason games, but don't go walking around talking about being a "team leader" when you obviously don't want to be.

Again, this my well have much to do with the thread starter; I think he's frustrated. JMHO

chief31
08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm looking at it from the perspective that he has been paid for the last 2 years by the club and didn't even bother to stay in touch with the organization just for the sake of updating them on his injury. They treated him well and he disappeared for 2 years!

Second, he has publicly talked about wanting to be a leader, said he would gladly accept LJ's starting position salary and said he wanted to be a role model for some of the younger players on the team.

This is a business that he has been in for years. He has been away from his family during training camp and the regular season every year for umpteen years. Now all of a sudden he wants to be "special"??? WTF!! He knows the drill!!! Is it fair for him to go see his family and the rest of the players not to? Do you think some of these rookies could use a little home cookin?

The bottom line is that if he wants to be a leader on this team, he needs to act like a leader! Lip service doesn't cut it anymore! Lead by example or get the hell out of the way so someone else can! Who that is, I don't know but it is certainly not the Priest any longer!:mob:

If he wants to be a leader on this team... how about letting him practice? How about allowing him to be a part of this team? Again, how is it that you are so hard against a guy who has given this team everything that he has, while being so supportive of a gangstah chump, who has been snivelling since he arrived? Why do you make excuses for every unprofessional act that one guy makes and search for wrong-doing in the other?

Priest has done alot of things for this team, including keeping them up to date about his injury. That you stated he did not. I have yet to see anything positive about Priest Holmes, that didn't follow an insult, from you. And I have not heard a single negative thing from you, about L.J. And before you resort to the "pot/kettle" retort, read around. I have said positive things about L.J. and have even said an occaisional negative about Priest.

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 03:15 PM
If he wants to be a leader on this team... how about letting him practice? How about allowing him to be a part of this team? Again, how is it that you are so hard against a guy who has given this team everything that he has, while being so supportive of a gangstah chump, who has been snivelling since he arrived? Why do you make excuses for every unprofessional act that one guy makes and search for wrong-doing in the other?

Priest has done alot of things for this team, including keeping them up to date about his injury. That you stated he did not. I have yet to see anything positive about Priest Holmes, that didn't follow an insult, from you. And I have not heard a single negative thing from you, about L.J. And before you resort to the "pot/kettle" retort, read around. I have said positive things about L.J. and have even said an occaisional negative about Priest.

Ditto! ...Spot on!:yahoo:

Canada
08-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Ditto! ...Spot on!:yahoo:

Chiefster, it always amazes me how well you can communicate your thoughts so well on any given subject!! :lol:

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Chiefster, it always amazes me how well you can communicate your thoughts so well on any given subject!! :lol:

Practice makes perfect! :lol: :D

chief31
08-24-2007, 03:19 PM
It is pretty difficult to convince Chiefster to argue. Believe me, I have tried. And if I can't get an argument out of ya, then I don't know what it would take. :D

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 03:23 PM
It is pretty difficult to convince Chiefster to argue. Believe me, I have tried. And if I can't get an argument out of ya, then I don't know what it would take. :D

I've took the bait a time or two if it's something I feel strongly about; much of the time I can see both sides of an argument, which is how I became the resident "Less filling, tastes great" guy. :D

DrunkHillbilly
08-24-2007, 03:37 PM

I believe in a previous post I said that I believed Priest is one of the good guys in the game! I also don't believe I have said anything in reguards to LJ off the field! Never have you read a post from me saying he is a leader a good guy or anything like that. It has all been football related.

Should we not believe the reports that Priest did not keep the team aprised of his situation during the 2 years he was away? Show me something different. As far as practicing goes. I agree, but neither you nor I know why he is not practicing so don't act like you do! Speculation would lead one to believe it has to do with the Chiefs doctors clearing him and not his doctors but know one knows but them. Like I said before, the Peterson Ploy is still in play here!

Your almost proving my point. LJ is like almost ever other young player in the league and some veterens. *****in and moanin about money, playing time ect. Priest is a VETEREN and knows the drill. He should act like a leader. You don't think it was cool for the organization to pay him for sitting out 2 years when they could have just released him? I think they have shown their appreciation.

I hope you don't cheer for the "gangsta chump" when he scores TD's and runs for 1500 yds since you seem to dislike him so much!!!

BTW, I feel the same about Roger Clemens who gets to pick and choose what road games he attends. Either be part of the team or don't!

Flame on boys! I love a good fire!!:yahoo: :mob:

sbenson9
08-24-2007, 03:51 PM
I was reading a few of the posts and if you were priest and Lj was holding out. Hell yeah you would take larrys job and his money. I like LJ. I think he is an awesome RB. I hate his whining. You have to earn your stripes in the NFL. I know, My cousin plays for the giants and let me tell you, he is always working, 24 -7 . When the season is over, he takes a week off. then he is conditiong and watching films when his isnt doing community work. He is under contract he shows up period. If you want to renegotiate. show up to camp and do your job. We need to rid the NFL of the attitude and the money grubbing scum. TO ,vick, pacman,all of them need a gut check. LJ your talented but you take the enjoyment out of the game and distract from being just a fan who loves the game and the chiefs.

sbenson9
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
:beer: oh yeah, and for those who think priest do right by the chiefs. He was re-negotiating and showed up to camp. I believe his quote was, were not there yet but we will be soon, and i wont miss camp because of it. SAy that about LJ

DrunkHillbilly
08-24-2007, 04:02 PM
:beer: oh yeah, and for those who think priest do right by the chiefs. He was re-negotiating and showed up to camp. I believe his quote was, were not there yet but we will be soon, and i wont miss camp because of it. SAy that about LJ

He's already made his money. LJ is a second year player and at the time was with out a guaranteed contract. These guys careers could end tomorrow so they need these guarantees. Every player gets them.

sbenson9
08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
He's already made his money. LJ is a second year player and at the time was with out a guaranteed contract. These guys careers could end tomorrow so they need these guarantees. Every player gets them.

Point taken, but you show up to camp, dont take any contact. do waht you can. I hope the still fine him 14K for every day he missed

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Point taken, but you show up to camp, dont take any contact. do waht you can. I hope the still fine him 14K for every day he missed

Same here, but at 45 mil over a six year period I doubt it will garnish much attention from him.

DrunkHillbilly
08-24-2007, 04:18 PM

I believe they did fine him the $14,000 a day. Not sure what the total was.

luv
08-24-2007, 05:20 PM

I just now watched Hard Knocks from Wednesday. It seemed to me that Herm couldn't let him practice. What's up with that? As much as I love Priest, what kind of deal could he possibly get now?

sling58
08-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I just now watched Hard Knocks from Wednesday. It seemed to me that Herm couldn't let him practice. What's up with that? As much as I love Priest, what kind of deal could he possibly get now?

Herm can't allow Priest to practice until CP takes him off the PUP. That is one thing that is not under Herm's control I think.

chief31
08-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Herm can't allow Priest to practice until CP takes him off the PUP. That is one thing that is not under Herm's control I think.

That's right. Priests doctors cleared him to play, before he showed up at training camp and the Chiefs doctors cleared him about a week or more ago. The decision to keep him on the PUP list is solely Carl Petersons.

The reasoning behind that decision is that if they take him off of the PUP list now, then they would have to include him in their 53-man roster, come the roster cut-down. That means that he would be occupying a roster spot, that they would rather use on someone else. (Seeing as how they aren't sure what Priest has left.) They don't want to release any of their runningbacks, so, by keeping Priest on PUP, they are able to keep one more runningback. The one on the PUP list.

At least that is my understanding of the situation.

DrunkHillbilly
08-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Ahhhhhhh the old Peterson Ploy!!!!!! This has been a joke from the beginning!

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 03:29 AM

Agreed, King Carl's playin him.

sling58
08-25-2007, 07:34 AM
That's right. Priests doctors cleared him to play, before he showed up at training camp and the Chiefs doctors cleared him about a week or more ago. The decision to keep him on the PUP list is solely Carl Petersons.

The reasoning behind that decision is that if they take him off of the PUP list now, then they would have to include him in their 53-man roster, come the roster cut-down. That means that he would be occupying a roster spot, that they would rather use on someone else. (Seeing as how they aren't sure what Priest has left.) They don't want to release any of their runningbacks, so, by keeping Priest on PUP, they are able to keep one more runningback. The one on the PUP list.

At least that is my understanding of the situation.

I have to go with Chief31 on this. I believe you are spot on with this.

It's not a ploy, this was all figured out before camp. Keep Holmes on PUP and bring him in later. If he still has fuel in the tank why waste it in preseason. Get the production out of him when we need him. Priest might have been out of it for a while but he is still someone that can handle it. I'll be cheering when he scores a TD.

DrunkHillbilly
08-25-2007, 09:40 AM
I have to go with Chief31 on this. I believe you are spot on with this.

It's not a ploy, this was all figured out before camp. Keep Holmes on PUP and bring him in later. If he still has fuel in the tank why waste it in preseason. Get the production out of him when we need him. Priest might have been out of it for a while but he is still someone that can handle it. I'll be cheering when he scores a TD.

I hope your right!!

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 01:45 PM
I have to go with Chief31 on this. I believe you are spot on with this...

AHEM!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17449&postcount=12

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17470&postcount=14

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17529&postcount=20

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17558&postcount=22

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17836&postcount=30

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17837&postcount=31

sling58
08-25-2007, 01:49 PM
AHEM!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17449&postcount=12

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17470&postcount=14

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17529&postcount=20

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17558&postcount=22

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17836&postcount=30

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17837&postcount=31

And on with Chiefster too....he was spot on also....(better Chiefster) :D

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 01:52 PM
And on with Chiefster too....he was spot on also....(better Chiefster) :D

Why yes; yes it is. After all, it's only what I've been sain the entire time. :11: :D :lol:

swmochiefsfan
08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
makes sense to me.

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 03:51 PM
makes sense to me.

:bananen_smilies046::toast2: