PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs workout Ex-Packers RT Mark Tauscher Today

Big Daddy Tek
09-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Chiefs sign Pope, try out Mark Tauscher | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/29/chiefs-sign-pope-try-out-mark-tauscher/)

Yesterday they announced that Ryan O'Callaghan is the new starting RT ahead of Ndukwe and now they are working out Tauscher. Apparently this is not the Chiefs of old, were they just "hope" to get better. Personally, I like the fact that they are constantly looking to get better. Especially when the line is as bad as ours is.

josh1971
09-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Is Tauscher any good? The name sounds familiar. Maybe they should move Ndukwe inside to play instead of Goff, who is looking more and more like a bust each week. Or maybe give Alleman a shot.

jb

Coach
09-29-2009, 08:27 PM
They are bound and determined to shore up this OL. I love it.

Coach
09-29-2009, 08:28 PM

Big Daddy Tek
09-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I agree Coach. These guys will not stop until they get what they want, which is good football. People will just keep bad mouthing them as much as possible and these guys just keep workin away with ear plugs on.

Can you imagine what Pioli is gonna do with a FULL Off-season. Seems like we got Haley late and they were still studying the team when everybody else was signing players. Not to mention that all of the scouts were CP's guys. You can bet Pioli's guys have this off season lined up!

honda522
09-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Glad to see the attempt.

pbatrucker
09-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Tek, Coach, I agree, at least they are still trying. Tauscher is a hell of a lot better than what we've had.

honda522
09-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Question is why is he a F/A PBA?

Big Daddy Tek
09-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Question is why is he a F/A PBA?

Off-season ACL surgery. That'll usually get ya' cut at age 32.

honda522
09-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Off-season ACL surgery. That'll usually get ya' cut at age 32.
Well not too bad I guess, ACL is bad if your a running back, but should be ok.

AkChief49
09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
a little late. but good that they are trying I guess. by the time they even start to gel together(if that even happens) the season is half over. I'm still puzzled that they did not see and react to this in the preseason-ok the draft would have been the better starting point. but better than nothing by all means!

josh1971
09-29-2009, 09:33 PM
a little late. but good that they are trying I guess. by the time they even start to gel together(if that even happens) the season is half over. I'm still puzzled that they did not see and react to this in the preseason-ok the draft would have been the better starting point. but better than nothing by all means!

I must invoke the phrase "Better late than never" here.

Even if it takes by the bye week for our O-line to gel, we still have 8 games after that, so I'm good with it.

AkChief49
09-29-2009, 09:41 PM
I guess I expected more from this regime. given the pedigree. We've only been needing a new o-line for what, two plus years?

N TX Dave
09-29-2009, 10:39 PM
I guess I expected more from this regime. given the pedigree. We've only been needing a new o-line for what, two plus years?

Well this regime has been here what 6 months how are the 18 months before any thing to do with them? I know draft, well the players were not right for them and who in FA was worth signing anybody that was worth anything was already gone by the time this regime got their feet wet? You just can not make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. People are complaining that Albert is not a LT well this regime did not draft him. I say write this year off give this regime a full year to mold the team and a second draft I mean Rome was not built in a year. It took HE and CP 3 years to tear the team down so it is going to take over a year to build back up.

Chiefster
09-29-2009, 10:58 PM

Agreed on both accounts! :D

AkChief49
09-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Well this regime has been here what 6 months how are the 18 months before any thing to do with them? I know draft, well the players were not right for them and who in FA was worth signing anybody that was worth anything was already gone by the time this regime got their feet wet? You just can not make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. People are complaining that Albert is not a LT well this regime did not draft him. I say write this year off give this regime a full year to mold the team and a second draft I mean Rome was not built in a year. It took HE and CP 3 years to tear the team down so it is going to take over a year to build back up.you're 100%correct.
don't get me wrong. I'm a die-hard fan. I'm all for these guys(management) taking it to the next level. It is just an opinion of mine that they could have started with protecting the $60 mil. man. EVERYONE knows our o-line is in dire need of upgrade and has for some time. This is not a new problem. Pioli knew it coming in. If he did not know this then we are in trouble. I cannot bring myself to write off anything. I expect/want to win every week. Maybe deep down I feel we do not have a snowballs chance to win every week. But then again, deep down I believe we will. At least they are bringing people in and kicking the tires. You're right in that maybe the people available at the time did not "fit". It's just frustrating. Our O-line used to be formidable.

doobs_05
09-30-2009, 02:56 AM
my only question about signing thses OL is how old are they and are we going to get young guys behind them to take their place when they decided retirement is the best option..

yashi
09-30-2009, 10:05 AM
my only question about signing thses OL is how old are they and are we going to get young guys behind them to take their place when they decided retirement is the best option..

Ideally we at least find some guys that can get us through this season and then draft a couple starters early on next season. If we fail to address the offensive line in the next draft early and often, it's going to be more of the same next year.

Bike
09-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Better late than never...:bananen_smilies046:

wolfpack
10-02-2009, 11:18 AM
stop gaps till next year. Somebody should slap clark,pioli,and haily along the side of the head for thinking our line willbe ok.
We draft one olineman and spend next to nothing of our cap money on the oline when they saw last year it wasnt that good.
Is poili not as good as we think judging talant or is our owner just cheap. Alittle bit of both i think.

yashi
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
stop gaps till next year. Somebody should slap clark,pioli,and haily along the side of the head for thinking our line willbe ok.
We draft one olineman and spend next to nothing of our cap money on the oline when they saw last year it wasnt that good.
Is poili not as good as we think judging talant or is our owner just cheap. Alittle bit of both i think.

I think being in that silly pistol spread offense last season made our offensive line look a lot better than it was. Before Thigpen took over our QBs were being sacked left and right, and then we changed to a shotgun offense with a mobile QB, so we didn't give up many sacks.

Of course, the coach and GM of all people should know this regardless of whether they're new or not, but for whatever reason it seems like they didn't. I mean, are any of us actually surprised that our line is so bad?

Crawdadr
10-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey at this point I will take anything that even slightly improves our line. Given some blocks I think I running game could actually produce a little.

josh1971
10-02-2009, 10:32 PM
After we give them a workout- it seems like if we wait this many days, we're not signing him.

Kinda like Funyon