PDA

View Full Version : How the Chiefs can beat the GIANTS

matthewschiefs
09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Its going to be hard for the Chiefs to walk out with a W this sunday but that being said there are ways that the Chiefs can do it. There is always the saying any given sunday.

First Controll the Giants Running game. Make the Giants passing game beat you. Yes the Giants have Eli Manning but to me the reciveing core is not proven yet. They have had a good season so far but its for to early to say that Manningham or the Giants Steve Smith are great recivers. Make them beat you. Dont let the Giants get there ball control offense going.

Secound on the offensive side of the ball the O line has got to show up. Simply put if the O line does not show like they didnt last week the Chiefs have no way to win. I think with the Giants D that the Chiefs have to come out and be aggersive to open some things up in the running game. If the Chiefs can get a ball controll offense going then they have a solid chance to win.

Third most important STOP THE DUMB PENALTIES. Todd Hailey said in the Q&A today that in that part they went back to traing camp mode. That is probley the best thing to do. You have to cut out the mistakes you make. Dont beat yourselfs.

While it will be a tough game for the Chiefs if they cut out there mistakes and show up as a TEAM then there is no reason that the Chiefs can not be in the game and maybe even have a shot to win it in the end. I see the Gaints being Kind of like The Ravens and it could be a simular game. The Giants I think Right now have a little better D but there close. The Chiefs were tied with the Raves at 24 near the end. If they can learn from that game the chiefs could get win number 1. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Three7s
09-30-2009, 08:34 PM
You're making it sound like the Chiefs actually have a competent team. Truth is that there's no way the O-line will be able to stop the Giants pass rush, or make holes for the running game.

There is one way we could use their pass rush to our advantage though. First off, Cassel needs to learn how to call a freaking audible. Then when he sees them at the line, change the play to either a screen or do a draw. That won't happen though.

loyalchief91
09-30-2009, 08:35 PM
You're making it sound like the Chiefs actually have a competent team. Truth is that there's no way the O-line will be able to stop the Giants pass rush, or make holes for the running game.

There is one way we could use their pass rush to our advantage though. First off, Cassel needs to learn how to call a freaking audible. Then when he sees them at the line, change the play to either a screen or do a draw. That won't happen though.

I completely agree

Connie Jo
09-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Well, I suppose I should just post out my first thought, when reading the title, "How can the Chiefs beat the Giants"...that first thought being...PRAY!!

IlovetheChiefs
09-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Well I guess the smart-alecky answer would be: By scoring more points, heh!

I'm glad the Giants-Chiefs will be televised here. The Ickles have a bye week and they usually show NFC East games anyway since they are of interest to Philly fans. So it'll be nice to get to watch our Chiefs on my big screen tv instead of channelsurfing.net :)

And then hopefully the same for the Cowgirls and Deadskins the following weeks. Although I think Philly will be playing at 1pm when the Chiefs play Dallas. And since both would be on Fox, I guess that will be a miss, shucks.

KCraised
09-30-2009, 09:53 PM
A whole lotta luck....

Vandelay
09-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Run the ball well.
Stop the run.
Win the turnover battle.

The same things coaches say every week, but they are so true.

honda522
09-30-2009, 11:27 PM
I Just don't see us not giving up stupid flags, nor the OL protecting. The Giants have a mean pass rush.

I still believe we can win, but its a long shot.

obsessed
10-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Well, I suppose I should just post out my first thought, when reading the title, "How can the Chiefs beat the Giants"...that first thought being...PRAY!!

I was thinking more along the lines of swine flu.....

tornadospotter
10-01-2009, 03:35 AM
I was thinking more along the lines that we need a OC, that is the OC, and not the HC trying to be OC as a newbie HC, but that just me. But that might help.

Bike
10-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Ya gotta beat 'em in the trenches. It all starts with the lines...

Connie Jo
10-01-2009, 05:53 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of swine flu.....

hahahahaha

OK...just to clarify...the Giants are to get the swine flu...not the Chiefs, right? hahaha

pbatrucker
10-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Get the Ravens to pinch hit for us!!!!
:lol:

Connie Jo
10-01-2009, 06:16 PM
I was thinking more along the lines that we need a OC, that is the OC, and not the HC trying to be OC as a newbie HC, but that just me. But that might help.

I had to read this twice, I'm a bit slow today, haha.

Anyway, I agree with you!

brish
10-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't think Cassel is allowed to call many (if any) audibles at the LoS tbh..
He's smart enough to do it, but im not sure Haley will let him, or that everyone else is ready to have plays changed on the fly.
Right now i'd like our o-line to focus on getting all the right guys blocked, I think thats a big enough challenge on its own..

honda522
10-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Saw a thing on NFL network today...2-9 all time against the Giants. I know numbers mean nothing, but that isn't good.

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2009, 10:10 PM
i think it will be a very tough game to win.......yet i still have an optimistic feeling we could finally put the pieces togather and win this one! i hope it works out i am so tired of losing and so are the players i think. the penalties have come from frustrated players and i think they turn it around this time and take the win in a shocking upset.

Chiefster
10-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Anything is possible, however, improbable it may be.

matthewschiefs
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Anything is possible, however, improbable it may be.

yes it is. GO CHIEFS:D

wolfpack
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Can we win? yes,can i win the lotto,yes. If i can dream about winning the lotto i can dream beating the gaints.
I would be happy if they just played better and stayed close.

yashi
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't think we have any chance at winning Sunday. I know that sounds bad, but I really just can't picture it happening. I just hope we can keep it respectable and show some promise against a tough and talented hard-nosed team like the Giants.

rcgamer
10-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Honestly, since the Raiders game, I don't see this team winning for several weeks. I would say they have about a 2% chance to beat the Giants.

kilobytes
10-02-2009, 05:14 PM
If both our lines show up we will have a chance because that opens up everything. It is all about the 2 lines. Well defensively with the 3-4 maybe less so but they could do much better.

Three7s
10-02-2009, 05:28 PM
If both our lines show up we will have a chance because that opens up everything. It is all about the 2 lines. Well defensively with the 3-4 maybe less so but they could do much better.
If our lines show up, we could win every game. Point is they won't.

jb908
10-02-2009, 06:32 PM
The chiefs will win this game if the giants plane never makes it to KC.

IlovetheChiefs
10-02-2009, 07:03 PM
We're at home. We're only 8 and a half point underdogs. Sure we're favored to lose but that hardly means winning is out of the question (or that it would be like winning millions in the lottery). The Chiefs are professionals. While I'm not expecting that we'll beat the Giants, I wouldn't act like it's the upset of the century if they do.

I'm looking forward to seeing this game and say GO CHIEFS all the way!

Turnovers can always make the difference too. If the Giants commit 2 or 3 that can easily cost them the game.

Cassel led the Patriots to 11-5 last year. Yes I Know he had a much better line and all that, but that doesn't mean his own skills didn't have a lot to do with it too. He only threw for 90 yards last week. Maybe this time Haley will call for a more aggressive passing game and maybe Cassel will deliver effectively.

C'mon folks. Everyone's talking about how the Ravens are one of the best or maybe even the best team in the NFL. And we had em' 24-24 late in the 4th quarter at their place. If we can do that, then what's so hard about seeing us beating the Giants at our own place? That Ravens game shows that ugly games like the Eagles one last week are not a given for every week.

Look at the Giants themselves. They beat the Redskins by only 23-17 at New York. And we've seen how bad the Redskins are with barely beating the Rams 9-7 in Washington, and then losing to the Lions. But Jason Campbell. Clinton Portis and the Redskins are professionals, and they darn nearly upset the Giants 24-23 in week one.

Three7s
10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
We're at home. We're only 8 and a half point underdogs. Sure we're favored to lose but that hardly means winning is out of the question (or that it would be like winning millions in the lottery). The Chiefs are professionals. While I'm not expecting that we'll beat the Giants, I wouldn't act like it's the upset of the century if they do.

I'm looking forward to seeing this game and say GO CHIEFS all the way!

Turnovers can always make the difference too. If the Giants commit 2 or 3 that can easily cost them the game.

Cassel led the Patriots to 11-5 last year. Yes I Know he had a much better line and all that, but that doesn't mean his own skills didn't have a lot to do with it too. He only threw for 90 yards last week. Maybe this time Haley will call for a more aggressive passing game and maybe Cassel will deliver effectively.

C'mon folks. Everyone's talking about how the Ravens are one of the best or maybe even the best team in the NFL. And we had em' 24-24 late in the 4th quarter at their place. If we can do that, then what's so hard about seeing us beating the Giants at our own place? That Ravens game shows that ugly games like the Eagles one last week are not a given for every week.

Look at the Giants themselves. They beat the Redskins by only 23-17 at New York. And we've seen how bad the Redskins are with barely beating the Rams 9-7 in Washington, and then losing to the Lions. But Jason Campbell. Clinton Portis and the Redskins are professionals, and they darn nearly upset the Giants 24-23 in week one.
The thing is yes we were in it with the Ravens, but you can't count on a blocked punt for a TD and a pick for, pretty much, a TD every game. The Chiefs played very similar against the Eagles that they did the Ravens, only this time we didn't have those gifts.

Also, the Giants are actually a much better road team than home team.

marloweopatchiefs
10-02-2009, 07:39 PM
bring back the spead formation...i bet we could win with it...the D has goten a lil bit better...

IlovetheChiefs
10-02-2009, 07:57 PM
The thing is yes we were in it with the Ravens, but you can't count on a blocked punt for a TD and a pick for, pretty much, a TD every game. The Chiefs played very similar against the Eagles that they did the Ravens, only this time we didn't have those gifts.

Also, the Giants are actually a much better road team than home team.

True those accounted for 2 of the scores in what otherwise would have been a 24-10 game at that point. And blocked punts for touchdowns are indeed rare. A scenario though where the Giants commit a fumble and an interception with at least one being in their own territory could be the break we need. Either those type of turnovers, or a big kick or punt return for a td or close to a td. (The problem with the latter is that it seems like it's been ages since the Chiefs have been able to have any kind of good return on kickoffs and punts).

I guess I feel people sometimes put too much weight in to what happened in the most recent game played. Like look at the Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hide Cardinals and Texans. The Cardinals lose at home to the 49ers. Then they rout Jacksonville on the road. Then they come back home and get routed by the Colts. Similarly, the Texans play awful at home against the Jets. Then they beat the Titans on the road. Only to go back home and lose to Jacksonville.

I was afraid going into Philly that we could have the trouble we did (as I said, I would have felt more optimistic had we finished off Oakland like we should have). And I'm afraid we'll have similar trouble against the Giants. But I'm also hopeful that we start to put it together better this week and play a good game against them. And perhaps get a big break or two like a turnover and/or big kick return.

jb908
10-02-2009, 10:12 PM
If Thig was here at least he could get away from the Giants front 7 which is going to be painful

josh1971
10-02-2009, 10:28 PM
If Thig was here at least he could get away from the Giants front 7 which is going to be painful

Not sure- based on what happened in pre-season, it looked to me like Thig would have panicked as soon as he got the snap, got happy feet, and then thrown a lawn dart or a pick.

jb

schottyb
10-03-2009, 01:06 AM
Giant fan here. Excited for this weeks game. Havent played in KC for like a decade. We're expecting some of our injured players back but our 2ndary depth will be tested again. We're starting a 2nd year guy at corner 2, (Thomas) and an undrafted FA Bruce Johnson as our nickel. Hopefully Dockery is available. Ross is out for sure. No Phillips... Big loss.

My expectations of the game:

On Offense: Giants should have a field day moving the ball. Jacobs looks like a guy coming off a big contract and isnt playing with the same intensity as he has in the past. He vowed to change that this week and I expect him to be step up his game this weekend to quiet the doubters. Bradshaw is a home run threat every time he touches the ball. Hes quick and strong... An ideal compliment to the bruising Jacobs. Manning looks so poised and comfortable. He still is a bit inconsistent with his accuracy, and struggles in the red zone. Giants need to finish drives better.

On Defense: Giants dont blitz often. Dont really have to with their stacked DLine. Canty hasnt even played yet this season and even though their sack numbers are just fair, they disrupt the flow for the opposing offense. Tuck should be out there for us at almostr full strength and Kiwi and Osi are dangerous pass rushers. Robbins, Cofield and Bernard more then hold their own in the middle. Pierce, clark and Bloey are solid lbs. Pierce has lost a step but is the general of our defense and spends alot of time in the film room. The downside of this unit is they often overpursue and are very vulnerable to counters and cutbacks. Misdirection plays kill us. Webster is shutdown and should make the probowl this year.

I dont think the Cheifs talent matches up and Coughlin always gets us ready. So I dont expect a let down. My prediction. 27 - 13 GMEN.

Good luck this weekend and lets hope both teams stay injury free!

Connie Jo
10-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Giant fan here. Excited for this weeks game. Havent played in KC for like a decade. We're expecting some of our injured players back but our 2ndary depth will be tested again. We're starting a 2nd year guy at corner 2, (Thomas) and an undrafted FA Bruce Johnson as our nickel. Hopefully Dockery is available. Ross is out for sure. No Phillips... Big loss.

On Offense: Giants should have a field day moving the ball. Jacobs looks like a guy coming off a big contract and isnt playing with the same intensity as he has in the past. He vowed to change that this week and I expect him to be step up his game this weekend to quiet the doubters. Bradshaw is a home run threat every time he touches the ball. Hes quick and strong... An ideal compliment to the bruising Jacobs. Manning looks so poised and comfortable. He still is a bit inconsistent with his accuracy, and struggles in the red zone. Giants need to finish drives better.

On Defense: Giants dont blitz often. Dont really have to with their stacked DLine. Canty hasnt even played yet this season and even though their sack numbers are just fair, they disrupt the flow for the opposing offense. Tuck should be out there for us at almostr full strength and Kiwi and Osi are dangerous pass rushers. Robbins, Cofield and Bernard more then hold their own in the middle. Pierce, clark and Bloey are solid lbs. Pierce has lost a step but is the general of our defense and spends alot of time in the film room. The downside of this unit is they often overpursue and are very vulnerable to counters and cutbacks. Misdirection plays kill us. Webster is shutdown and should make the probowl this year.

I dont think the Cheifs talent matches up and Coughlin always gets us ready. So I dont expect a let down. My prediction. 27 - 13 GMEN.

Very respectible nice post!! Thanks, and good luck to your team as well. :)

I have to admit it was hard to wish you luck though, haha...considering we REALLY are desperate for a win here!

tammietailgator
10-03-2009, 01:42 AM

its ok Connie... my first thought is that we go for lil eli and tickle him till he pees his pants! Thats what Peyton used to do to him! :yahoo:

Connie Jo
10-03-2009, 02:16 AM
its ok Connie... my first thought is that we go for lil eli and tickle him till he pees his pants! Thats what Peyton used to do to him! :yahoo:

:lol:

IlovetheChiefs
10-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Giants need to finish drives better.

Yeah at kcchiefs.com they said that's one weakness of the Giants - they are 0 for 8 at scoring touchdowns when in the red zone. And the Chiefs defense has looked pretty good this year the closer teams get to scoring. Like even last week against the Eagles, the Eagles got 2 tds that were 35 and 64 yd pass plays. 2 other times when they had good drives the Chiefs held them to field goals. And then there was that 4th and 1 in Chiefs territory that the Eagles failed to convert.

We've had trouble against you guys, as Honda pointed out in another thread our lifetime record is 2-9 against you. But 2-3 at KC (0-6 at NY). But as honda also pointed out, numbers don't really mean too much. Like the Herm era kind of put a lot of encouraging numbers on hold for now. Like us being the only team Favre never beat. Like us never losing at Baltimore and Philadelphia. Like us winning 9 in a row against Jokeland. Like us being one of the toughest teams to beat at home (now on a 7 game home losing streak).

Here's to a great game tomorrow! :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
10-03-2009, 10:57 AM

Good post even if you are a giants fan :lol: The giants probley wont have to blitz at all to get pressure on Cassel with the current chiefs O line. Hopeing the chiefs can take advantage of the young guy at corner that would at least give them a change.

AkChief49
10-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Run the ball well.
Stop the run.
Win the turnover battle.

The same things coaches say every week, but they are so true.
this needs to happen! we do not have a rushing TD yet this year!

pbatrucker
10-04-2009, 05:52 AM
All this week I've been getting this feeling!!!! Feels like the Chiefs are going to play very well this Sunday!!!! Time to reve up the energy this is going to be the week for that first win!!!!!
:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-04-2009, 09:19 AM
If our lines show up, we could win every game. Point is they won't.

I think our best chance at survival in this one is to have the defense carry us.

Avoid the big play. Play strong in the red zone. And a turnover, or two couldn't hurt.

I don't trust Haley to be able to get a running game going. And I don't trust our O-line to protect long enough, often enough, for our passing game to be terribly effective.

If we do win, I think it will be from a few big plays, (Offense, defense and STs.) and keeping The Giants out of the endzone. Something like...24-19.