PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch Wheel of Fortune this evening?

IlovetheChiefs
09-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Reason I ask is there was a woman (Amber) on the show tonight. And during the introductions of the contestants she stated, "I love the Kansas City Chiefs!"

Always love when the greatest football team gets referenced (and especially in a way like that!). And needless to say, I was pulling for Amber to win after that. And she did. :) Made it to the bonus round but failed to solve that puzzle.

Connie Jo
09-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Reason I ask is there was a woman (Amber) on the show tonight. And during the introductions of the contestants she stated, "I love the Kansas City Chiefs!"

Always love when the greatest football team gets referenced (and especially in a way like that!). And needless to say, I was pulling for Amber to win after that. And she did. :) Made it to the bonus round but failed to solve that puzzle.

Nope, didn't watch, don't watch much TV these days except football related, but use to watch Wheel of Fortune alot. Once on Jeopardy a couple yrs or so ago, they asked which was the only state in the US that had two NFL teams in cities on river borders, something along those lines. I knew the answer to that one in a split second! MISSOURI! No one knew the answer either! haha Alex Trebek gave the answer, & mentioned the Chiefs along with the Rams. :)

IlovetheChiefs
09-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Another cool reference :)

And I remember earlier this year on Who Wants to be a Millionaire there was a football question with Kansas City Chiefs as one of the 4 choices. But it wasn't the correct answer, heh.

YZILLA
10-01-2009, 12:33 AM
I think there is a video on youtube with an explayer from the chiefs on the price is right.here you go !

YouTube - Price is Right--Kansas City Chiefs player as a contesant

tornadospotter
10-01-2009, 12:48 AM
I was at work, but glad to see she made it to the bonus round. Nice to see or here about, a Chief winning.

tammietailgator
10-01-2009, 03:04 AM
Wish I had seen this

Connie Jo
10-03-2009, 12:26 AM
I think there is a video on youtube with an explayer from the chiefs on the price is right.here you go !

That's Joe Valerio! haha I didn't know he was on the Price Is Right, that's cool!! Thanks!

There was another game show, & if memory was right...I think it too was the Wheel of Fortune...it was WOF's Celebrity NFL Week I think...some Chiefs were on that too. :D

IlovetheChiefs
10-03-2009, 10:51 AM
That's Joe Valerio! haha I didn't know he was on the Price Is Right, that's cool!! Thanks!

There was another game show, & if memory was right...I think it too was the Wheel of Fortune...it was WOF's Celebrity NFL Week I think...some Chiefs were on that too. :D

Yes that's Joe. I actually posted that youtube video on here last year in the youtube thread, heh. What a spin he gave that wheel!

And I recall having seen a few NFL players on Wheel of Fortune before. Like Franco Harris of the Steelers. And a former Charger but I forget who. If there were any Chiefs I missed that show(s), shucks!

IlovetheChiefs
10-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Another cool reference :)

And I remember earlier this year on Who Wants to be a Millionaire there was a football question with Kansas City Chiefs as one of the 4 choices. But it wasn't the correct answer, heh.

Quoting myself here because now Who Wants to be a Millionaire did have a question with the Chiefs as one of the 4 choices and with Chiefs being the correct answer!

The question was:

Since 1972, what NFL franchise had played home games in the appropriately named Arrowhead Stadium?

A. New York Jets
B. Miami Dolphins
C. Pittsburgh Steelers
D. Kansas City Chiefs

The contestant got it right and Meredith said yeah of course it's the Chiefs!

That was an easy one, of course. Only the 3rd question of the game. It'd be neat if someday they have an upper level question (like for $250,000) involving the Chiefs. I'm sure all of here would be able to nail a million dollar question on the Chiefs. We'd be a great phone a friend for such questions!