PDA

View Full Version : Time For Lj To Produce!!

pbatrucker
10-02-2009, 08:57 AM
www.bobgretz.com (http://www.bobgretz.com)

A good read!!!

honda522
10-02-2009, 11:19 AM
LJ always says that. It shouldn't take him 3 or 4 games to get "warmed up".

rodu
10-02-2009, 02:16 PM
He's going to need that O-line to help him produce

brish
10-02-2009, 03:01 PM
LJ always says that. It shouldn't take him 3 or 4 games to get "warmed up".

That's not fair.. The o-line is f****** horibble!
LJ is a downhill runner, who needs the o-line to get him started, he is not as explosive as Charles and Savage.
The best way to stop him is to stack him at the line of scrimmage, or get in his legs before he gets up to speed.
That being said, I think he could lower the shoulders a bit more on occation.

But putting it all on him isn't fair..

yashi
10-02-2009, 03:37 PM
JaChuck time anyone?

KCraised
10-02-2009, 04:14 PM
The LJ experiment is over..."running back by committee", like the good ole' days...

kilobytes
10-02-2009, 05:24 PM
LJ is a downhill runner, who needs the o-line to get him started, he is not as explosive as Charles and Savage.
The best way to stop him is to stack him at the line of scrimmage, or get in his legs before he gets up to speed.

Also teams don't want him to get going and we are WAY TOO PREDICTABLE WITH HIM! GIVE HIM MORE SCREENS! I think he is underrated with screens. He had good success against oakland with screens which also opened up the running game a little bit too. We need to stop being PREDICTABLE with LJ. They always stack the line when LJ is back there and they dont really with the other backs. Thats why the other backs have more success.

Three7s
10-02-2009, 05:27 PM

It may not be fair to put it all on him, but the guy still has no burst. It takes him 10 years to make it through the hole. By the time he does, he's usually hit.

Connie Jo
10-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Maybe my memory is wrong, but seems to me LJ has struggled ever since T-Rich was cut? Which I think LJ's break out year when Priest got hurt was T-Rich's last yr as a Chief, or maybe the year after?

Anyway, I think T-Rich was a big factor in helping to block so Priest & LJ could break lose. We need another T-Rich, haha. :)

josh1971
10-02-2009, 11:59 PM
And why was T-Rich cut?

Connie Jo
10-03-2009, 01:44 AM
And why was T-Rich cut?

Well, I'm not sure...can't remember, hahaha. I just remember being upset Peterson let him go to Minnesota I think it was?? Seems like after that our RB's struggled more to get rushing yards...but heck, I could be wrong...alot has happened since then, haha.

Connie Jo
10-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Okay, I just googled for an answer to your question Josh, and it appears Peterson & T-Rich couldn't reach a contract agreement...which is what I 'thought' I remembered, but didn't want to put my foot in my mouth without knowing I was right for sure, lol.

Though the article below states he didn't rush for many yds that last season as a Chief, that's cause he wasn't used much as a rusher, more as a blocker. The article also says he was a 2 time Pro Bowler, but I'm certain he went to the Pro Bowl 4 times, rather than just 2. Anyway...seems we lose good players to Minnesota alot, haha...that's where Jared Allen went too. :(

Richardson leaves Chiefs for Vikings

The Minnesota Vikings reached terms Tuesday on a two-year contract with free-agent fullback Tony Richardson.

Financial terms were not disclosed.
The move ends Richardson's career-long tenure with the Kansas City Chiefs.
"I am personally disappointed that we were not able to work out a new contract for Tony Richardson," said Chiefs president Carl Peterson. "Obviously, his contributions both on and off the field in his 10 years here have been outstanding."
Richardson, one of the NFL's finest lead blockers, rushed only six times for 20 yards in 16 starts last season.
The two-time Pro Bowler also caught nine passes for 68 yards and a touchdown.
Richardson has totalled 395 carries for 1,576 yards and 15 touchdowns in 163 NFL games (94 starts) since signing a free-agent pact with Kansas City on Feb. 28. 1995.

pbatrucker
10-03-2009, 03:51 AM
Yet another CP F*** UP!!!

Connie Jo
10-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Yet another CP F*** UP!!!

Yeah, at the time it likely was a CP mistake...T-Rich had a couple good years left, but likely would've retired after those couple more years.

The thing is...if CP cut him cause he was nearing the end of his career, considering his claim of rebuilding a younger team...feeling justified to spend the money on a younger Fullback of the same possible athletic ability...that would've made some sense, but that didn't happen.

We need another Fullback that can block for our RB's as successfully as T-Rich did.