PDA

View Full Version : *** Official Ty Law Watch thread ***

Guru
07-12-2006, 06:00 AM
I do believe he will be a Chief.

chief31
07-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Even assuming that you are right........ When?

Could be tommorrow. Could be after a preseason game, or two. I envision him waiting until training camps are over to make a decision. because, training camp is HELL for the players. Why not just skip that, and join a team for the preseason. A little bit of "union" mentallity.

Guru
07-12-2006, 11:44 PM
chief31 wrote:
Even assuming that you are right........ When?

Could be tommorrow. Could be after a preseason game, or two. I envision him waiting until training camps are over to make a decision. because, training camp is HELL for the players. Why not just skip that, and join a team for the preseason. A little bit of "union" mentallity.

Before the regular season starts would be my guess. :lol: 8-)

KC-Krazo
07-13-2006, 08:53 PM
I can live without him. I would just as soon see some of our players that are in house develope. Unless he wants a 1 year deal. Just my 2 cents.........

Chiefster
07-16-2006, 06:06 PM
I just got back; is he a chief yet? :-P

Old_admin
07-18-2006, 04:16 PM
You know, I just don't see Ty Law becoming a Chief. If he was interested in being a Chief, he'd already be here. He's interested in money, and I don't think the Chiefs are stupid enough to pay the kind of money he is looking for.

It's too bad Ty Law can't see the bigger picture. KC has to be one of the best teams for players. Meaning, there aren't many markets where players are put on a pedastal like they are in KC. In NY, they are torn to pieces in the press every time they make a mistake.

If a Chiefs player beats his wife, gets busted for drugs, get's a DUI, it's all water under the bridge come Sunday. These are examples that I can think of in the last 5-10 years and I'm sure there is much worse.

Would you agree?

Chiefster
07-19-2006, 01:39 AM
admin wrote:
You know, I just don't see Ty Law becoming a Chief. If he was interested in being a Chief, he'd already be here. He's interested in money, and I don't think the Chiefs are stupid enough to pay the kind of money he is looking for.

It's too bad Ty Law can't see the bigger picture. KC has to be one of the best teams for players. Meaning, there aren't many markets where players are put on a pedastal like they are in KC. In NY, they are torn to pieces in the press every time they make a mistake.

If a Chiefs player beats his wife, gets busted for drugs, get's a DUI, it's all water under the bridge come Sunday. These are examples that I can think of in the last 5-10 years and I'm sure there is much worse.

Would you agree?

I would agree that, like you, I'll have to hear from a credible source that he has signed on the dotted line before I'll believe he's coming to the Chiefs. Also, I believe him to simply be holding out for as long as possible for the bucks he wants. I'm not so sure that the Chiefs wouldn't shell out the big bucks for him. Remember our 11 million dollar lemon Grbac? It does seem that as long as they perform well on Sunday then their personal lives throughout the week are somewhat over looked.

Old_admin
07-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Well, I guess I was wrong. Ty Law signed a 5-yr deal with the Chiefs!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060723/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_chiefs_law_2

That is awesome news! Hopefully he can stay healthy and improve our pass defense.

Guru
07-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Guru wrote:

TOLD YA!!!!!! :hammer: :hammer: :-D

Chiefster
07-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Guru wrote:

Guru wrote:

TOLD YA!!!!!! :hammer: :hammer: :-D

Yep; ya did. :-D

And stop with the hammers; my head is bustin!!! :-P

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/07/23/chiefs_agree_in_principle_with_pro_bowl_cb_ty_law/

slag02
07-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Ty Law?

a Chief?

Please dont bang me in the head.. i just wanted to make sure i was not dreaming... WHY OH WHY could this have not been done last year?

Chiefster
07-24-2006, 01:09 AM
slag02 wrote:
Ty Law?

a Chief?

Please dont bang me in the head.. i just wanted to make sure i was not dreaming... WHY OH WHY could this have not been done last year?

Dangit Carl! (Guru isn't logged on)

Guru
07-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Chiefster wrote:

slag02 wrote:
Ty Law?

a Chief?

I am on now.

Damnit CARL!!!

Chiefster
07-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

slag02 wrote:
Ty Law?

a Chief?

I am on now.

Damnit CARL!!!

:hammer: :lol:

chief31
07-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Wow. This should give a big boost to our pass rush. Not that there are a whole lot of coverage sacks in the N.F.L., but If the coverage is improved, then that can turn alot of "qb hurries" and "knockdowns" into sacks. It could also turn those hurries and knockdowns into slightly more hurried passes. Resulting in recievers who aren't ready for the ball, or poorly thrown balls.

There is also the fact that this should give Gunther a bit more confidence in blitzing a linebacker here and there. When a coach has this kind of man-to-man coverage skill on the field, he is going to be willing to use those skills more often.

This was, in part, what gave us the opportunity to blitz D.T. as often as we did. (that, and the fact that he was so good at it, you had to.) When we had Albet Lewis and Kevin Ross, we were free to put them in man-to-man situations because they could be trusted to handle it well. Also when it was Dale Carter and James Hasty.

I don't intend to downplay the speed, by wich, the blitz arrived at the quarterback. Because, It is definitely a team effort that makes for good consistent pressure. Pass-rushers don't have as much success when they don't have excellent coverage downfield. The same as Man coverage doesn't work out well without pressure on the quarterback.

In summary, it's not that I think that Ty is the savior of our defense. But that I think that his presence gives our defensive coordinator more tools to work with.

Good luck, Gun!!!

Chiefster
07-25-2006, 01:38 PM
chief31 wrote:
Wow. This should give a big boost to our pass rush. Not that there are a whole lot of coverage sacks in the N.F.L., but If the coverage is improved, then that can turn alot of "qb hurries" and "knockdowns" into sacks. It could also turn those hurries and knockdowns into slightly more hurried passes. Resulting in recievers who aren't ready for the ball, or poorly thrown balls.

There is also the fact that this should give Gunther a bit more confidence in blitzing a linebacker here and there. When a coach has this kind of man-to-man coverage skill on the field, he is going to be willing to use those skills more often.

This was, in part, what gave us the opportunity to blitz D.T. as often as we did. (that, and the fact that he was so good at it, you had to.) When we had Albet Lewis and Kevin Ross, we were free to put them in man-to-man situations because they could be trusted to handle it well. Also when it was Dale Carter and James Hasty.

I don't intend to downplay the speed, by wich, the blitz arrived at the quarterback. Because, It is definitely a team effort that makes for good consistent pressure. Pass-rushers don't have as much success when they don't have excellent coverage downfield. The same as Man coverage doesn't work out well without pressure on the quarterback.

In summary, it's not that I think that Ty is the savior of our defense. But that I think that his presence gives our defensive coordinator more tools to work with.

Good luck, Gun!!!

Excellent point; you most often don't have one without the other. :hammer:

Guru
07-26-2006, 01:44 AM
Chiefster wrote:

chief31 wrote:

Good luck, Gun!!!

What? Excellence or a point. :-D

Chiefster
07-26-2006, 02:04 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

chief31 wrote:

Good luck, Gun!!!

What? Excellence or a point. :-D

...Both and neither. :-P :lol: