PDA

View Full Version : Cassel looks confused

King_of_the_Cassel
10-04-2009, 03:16 PM
This really sucks, Cassel looks very confused on the field. Is it him, lack of protection, or poor wr's that cant get open? I havent seen Cassel throw a good deep ball all year so far, does he not have the arm or is it play calling?:wheelchair:

matthewschiefs
10-04-2009, 03:17 PM
a combination of all the above.

reded
10-04-2009, 03:21 PM
He doesn't have time to throw short passes, let alone the long ball. One of the worst O lines I've ever seen play.

Vandelay
10-04-2009, 03:23 PM
How can you throw a deep ball when you have people in your face a half second after the ball is snapped?

matthewschiefs
10-04-2009, 03:25 PM
How can you throw a deep ball when you have people in your face a half second after the ball is snapped?

how can you do anything when that happens?

Vandelay
10-04-2009, 03:28 PM
how can you do anything when that happens?
They are proving you can't.

jb908
10-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Like i have been saying since the day they drafted Cassel. He sucks. Croyle is a much better option. I dont know why he doesn't start

Bike
10-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Cassel is a backup. Always has been.

KCraised
10-04-2009, 03:56 PM
The is a train wreck of a team.....get ready for 0-16, maybe 1-15, folks.....

Hellbilly
10-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Cassel is a backup. Always has been.

I agree 100%. Cassel+our O-line=0-16.Iv'e been a Chiefs fan for years and will always be,but something has to change!I do not believe Cassel is the answer.I had high hopes when we picked him up,but he just isn't working out. /endrant.

Oh yea.Hello fellow Chiefs fans.:toast2: I have been lurking for a while but after the season we are having I just needed to vent,lol.

brish
10-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Lol at you guys calling for Croyle over Cassel..
Where were you the last 2 years??

Just get over it and accept the fact that this team is not a QB away from being a good team.

Wake up !!

Hellbilly
10-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure Croyle is the answer either,seems to be a decent QB but breaks like glass when he gets hit.With our O-line that isn't a good thing.

brish
10-04-2009, 04:37 PM
I mean 2 TD's 0 INT's with that amount of preassure, and those receivers.. Come on, thats decent!

Hellbilly
10-04-2009, 04:40 PM
I mean 2 TD's 0 INT's with that amount of preassure, and those receivers.. Come on, thats decent!

Thats what I said,he is a decent QB...just his durability is in question IMHO.

reded
10-04-2009, 04:42 PM
We'll never know how good Cassel can be until the O-line can provide a bit of time for the receivers to run their routes. I think he does a decent job considering he's always on the run and faces the possibility of getting both of his legs broken on any given play. If we had any O-line at all, I believe we would be 2-2 or maybe better right now.

okikcfan
10-04-2009, 04:51 PM

Just get over it and accept the fact that this team is not a QB away from being a good team.

Wake up !!
AGREED! If you saw the game, you had to agree with the commentators, it was very poor play calling, period. Pioli needs to hire a OC and QB coach and let Hailey just deal with coaching the team!. Cassel did not do too bad. Alot of dropped balls, LJ stops in the middle of a play? WTH is up with that. I agree there seemed to be some confusion, how many times do you hand off to LJ from the shotgun? Way too many. We started to click in the 4th but Clark and Pioli both should question the play calling. :drunkhb:

jb908
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
i liked LJ being the only back today. He starts to get moving when he is the only man. He never gets in a rhythm when they keep switching.

reded
10-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Charles is prolly deeeep in the doghouse after the opening fumble.

brish
10-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Thats what I said,he is a decent QB...just his durability is in question IMHO.

I was talking about Cassel today..

brish
10-04-2009, 05:08 PM
I have been defending Haley's playcalling, but today he made some really bad choices.

I thought the o-line played better, but its still far from good enough..

Chieffaninfl
10-04-2009, 05:28 PM
O Line sucks horribly!, and none of our receivers can hold on to a ball anyway!!

KCraised
10-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Im just gonna start telling myself that L's are really W's....

McLovin
10-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Im just gonna start telling myself that L's are really W's....
With that logic we have a good chance of going undefeated.

Stumplifter
10-04-2009, 05:50 PM
I thought the o-line played better, but its still far from good enough..

I agree with this. The O line played better than they have in the past few weeks. Cassel still can't make a decision regardless if he only gets 1 second of protection or 5 seconds of protection.

And get those friggin draw plays out of the play book!!!

And almost every first down they had Larry run into the backside of one of the guards.... sheesh... do a play action on first down once in awhile.....

And when you have first and goal on the 2... punch it in and quit dickin' around....
And.......oh, nevermind... I'm just venting!!
:mob:

Hellbilly
10-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I agree with this. The O line played better than they have in the past few weeks. Cassel still can't make a decision regardless if he only gets 1 second of protection or 5 seconds of protection.

And get those friggin draw plays out of the play book!!!

And almost every first down they had Larry run into the backside of one of the guards.... sheesh... do a play action on first down once in awhile.....

And when you have first and goal on the 2... punch it in and quit dickin' around....
And.......oh, nevermind... I'm just venting!!
:mob:

QFT!!! (Quoted for truth)

KCraised
10-04-2009, 06:55 PM
With that logic we have a good chance of going undefeated.

Yeah, not like those crappy 16-0 Patriots....hey, this is really starting to work!;)

KristofLaw
10-05-2009, 01:15 AM
The team looks kinda lost, in particular our offense, but today I seen them find something. The fourth down plays and potential game ending rally shows the type of spark our offense has the potential for.

I can see some of the plays we are attempting which have been shut down so far as game deciders in our favor in the hopefully near future. Our boys just need to gel and work as a unit. As it stands they are still trying to establish an identity in my opinion.

Mogeek
10-05-2009, 03:18 AM

Wake up !!
word...

NOBODY could look decent with this line...

rcgamer
10-05-2009, 03:33 AM
Cassel is part of the problem just like the oline and Haleys playcalling. When he does have time to throw he holds on to the ball forever and ends up throwing a 4 yard pass. What the hell was with that 10 yard pass at the end of the game when it was fourth and twenty nine? I know you don't draw up 29 yard plays but at least throw it up and give your guys a chance to make a play on it. The 2 TD passes he threw were nothing but stat fluff from 1 and 2 yards.
Yeah the oline is bad and Haley isn't helping by making it a musical chairs either. Pick your five guys and stick with them for more than a week.
I would like to know how anyone could say the offensive line played better today? 5 sacks! And the worst part is that Albert who was one of the few positives going into the season suddenly looks terrible.
Haleys play calling especially in the first half of games is just a slap in the face to the players. He calls plays like there is no hope of scoring points and his players know it. He only opens it up at all when the game has been decided already.
I don't see any plan out there at all.
I'm not going to give up on Haley yet but this team needs to start showing some kind of improvement.

Mogeek
10-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Cassel is part of the problem just like the oline and Haleys playcalling. When he does have time to throw he holds on to the ball forever and ends up throwing a 4 yard pass. What the hell was with that 10 yard pass at the end of the game when it was fourth and twenty nine? I know you don't draw up 29 yard plays but at least throw it up and give your guys a chance to make a play on it. The 2 TD passes he threw were nothing but stat fluff from 1 and 2 yards.
Yeah the oline is bad and Haley isn't helping by making it a musical chairs either. Pick your five guys and stick with them for more than a week.
I would like to know how anyone could say the offensive line played better today? 5 sacks! And the worst part is that Albert who was one of the few positives going into the season suddenly looks terrible.
Haleys play calling especially in the first half of games is just a slap in the face to the players. He calls plays like there is no hope of scoring points and his players know it. He only opens it up at all when the game has been decided already.
I don't see any plan out there at all.
I'm not going to give up on Haley yet but this team needs to start showing some kind of improvement.
I agree about all the troubles going on with this line, inconsistent/ineffective playcalling, and Cassell looking a little shook but I'm just saying that He's the least of my worries right now...

I'm not sure how many passing plays we're called today but 5 sacks, 7 hurries seemed like EVERYTIME he dropped back... not including all the times D-linemen went untouched on those stupid *** draw plays... if the first two problems can be fixed then I'm sure he can deliver as a solid QB in the NFL... he's proven that he can...

brish
10-05-2009, 04:41 AM
I thought the o-line improved because LJ was actually able to run a few times, but there were way too many complete protection breakdowns.

Cassel hasn't been playing great, but our receivers haven't either, and the offense in general cannot get into a rhytm, because the line is so ****ty..

Until the line starts performing consistently, and Haley's playcalling improves, none of our offensive players are going to look good. Sure there will be good plays here and there, but no one will look "GOOD"..

KristofLaw
10-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Yeah our line is rated horrible by the media and our fan base is all over them but they must have some skills to make the level they are at. Next year we can get something upfront, or maybe someone'll fall in our laps but at the moment we have what we have, and the coaching staff needs to find the strengths of each player up front. Believe it or not they have skills to make it to this level.

kilobytes
10-06-2009, 12:33 AM
I see Cassel back there with the o line blocking good (which is every once and awhile) and he still dances around......Cassel is part of the problem.

tornadospotter
10-06-2009, 12:58 AM
This really sucks, Cassel looks very confused on the field. Is it him, lack of protection, or poor wr's that cant get open? I havent seen Cassel throw a good deep ball all year so far, does he not have the arm or is it play calling?:wheelchair:
Yes, and lack of a Offensive Coordinater, and OL, and ect..... We should have keep Thig, and Chan, and ran,,,, o well so be it. We have a long hard row to hoe, to make the play offs now! Hommer am I!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
10-06-2009, 01:23 AM
a combination of all the above.

...This.

KCraised
10-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Yeah our line is rated horrible by the media and our fan base is all over them but they must have some skills to make the level they are at. Next year we can get something upfront, or maybe someone'll fall in our laps but at the moment we have what we have, and the coaching staff needs to find the strengths of each player up front. Believe it or not they have skills to make it to this level.

I dont know if i trust the "draft genius" Pioli to even draft competent offensive linemen, after going for Tyson Jackson that high. Hope we don't waste our draft again and stay AWAY from LSU players!$@*%#

Stumplifter
10-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I see Cassel back there with the o line blocking good (which is every once and awhile) and he still dances around......Cassel is part of the problem.

Word-

I don't HATE Cassel, I just think he's not ready to be a good NFL QB.

He had 270 yards rushing last year (4th among QB's) and was the most sacked QB in the league last year (47 times).
Both stats tell me that he is slow at making reads and making decisions.
He either gets flustered and takes off running or else can't make up his mind quickly, holds the ball too long, and ends up getting sacked.

brish
10-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Word-

I don't HATE Cassel, I just think he's not ready to be a good NFL QB.

He had 270 yards rushing last year (4th among QB's) and was the most sacked QB in the league last year (47 times).
Both stats tell me that he is slow at making reads and making decisions.
He either gets flustered and takes off running or else can't make up his mind quickly, holds the ball too long, and ends up getting sacked.

Watch some games instead of using 2 stats to form an opinion..

Stumplifter
10-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Watch some games instead of using 2 stats to form an opinion..

I HAVE watched the games, ALL of them.

Hence the reason I looked into some stats.

I live in MN and watched this same scenario, the Vikings traded for Sage Rosenfels this past off season to solve their QB woes.

Once they got into camp it was obvious that he wasn't the answer..... enter Favre into the circus. At least they had the cajones to admit that they traded for a guy and he wasn't what they thought he was going to be.
I doubt that Pioli will be able to do that.

For Chiefs sake, I hope Cassel DOES prove to be the guy they thought he was. But those two stat categories (and watching his demeanor in the games) tell me different.

honda522
10-08-2009, 12:19 PM
As of now, Cassel is a flop as long as the OL functions the way they are. I feel as Cassel is trying harder than any other Chief to win.

I watched him one week when he threw a pick, he was the one to make the tackle and he tried stripping it from what I remember.

No QB can look like Cassel last year where he doesn't get knocked to the ground as soon as he takes the snap.

yashi
10-08-2009, 12:56 PM
The strangest thing is that he has managed a reasonable 82.5 QB rating, which is better than Thigpen's last season. 5.1 yards per attempt, however, is terrible.

honda522
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
The strangest thing is that he has managed a reasonable 82.5 QB rating, which is better than Thigpen's last season. 5.1 yards per attempt, however, is terrible.
It's not really terrible when you never go down field.

On top of all this, Cassel has managed some scrambling TD passes that helped us score.

yashi
10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
It's not really terrible when you never go down field.

On top of all this, Cassel has managed some scrambling TD passes that helped us score.

It's pretty terrible when you consider that only 4 teams have worse yards per attempt: St. Louis, Cleveland, Oakland, and Miami.

2-14 those teams. Not exactly elite company. Short passes are fine, but there has to have yards after the catch and a higher completion % involved.

windwalker
10-09-2009, 07:49 AM
I think Haley should have gotten those 22 guys off the street he was talking about !!!