PDA

View Full Version : How would Sanchez or Monroe look on this ream now?

Bike
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Just sayin'. Tired of being embarrassed at Arrowhead. I now think we made the wrong decision in bringing Cassel here and filling his wallet with over 60 mil contract. Lot of money and draft position for a backup. I'm frustrated.

Vandelay
10-04-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't know. I really think Cassel would be good if we had something that resembled an NFL O-line.

McLovin
10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
ream ? Freudian slip?

brish
10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah lets blame the guy who's NOT getting any protection..
Cassel played ok, not great, not bad, but ok..

texaschief
10-04-2009, 04:32 PM
So, you're saying you DON'T like the combined 4 tackles in four games between Jackson and Magee?

Even as "poor" of a rookie season Dorsey had last season, he still had 13 tackles in his first four games. He's now essentially playing ANOTHER rookie season out at DE with this new defense and he's STILL outperforming the two guys drafted to take his place 11-4. ugh

Brian Orakpo on the other hand plays in a similar defense and currently has 13 tkls and 2 sacks. nice.

Bike
10-04-2009, 05:04 PM
ream ? Freudian slip?
Purposely misspelled. Patience running thin...

Bike
10-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah lets blame the guy who's NOT getting any protection..
Cassel played ok, not great, not bad, but ok..
He was overthrowing his recievers all day...

brish
10-04-2009, 05:12 PM
He was overthrowing his recievers all day...

No he wasn't.. He made some bad throws, but he also made some good ones. Why don't you ever talk about those?

The one where he overthrew Bowe, could be Bowe not being 100%.

You are just hating like usual..

matthewschiefs
10-04-2009, 05:16 PM
IMO a rookie qb behind the chiefs O line would be worse then what they have now. thats just asking for turnovers, Thats something Cassel outside of the oakland game has not done.

McLovin
10-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Purposely misspelled. Patience running thin...
Yep you can see through it at this point.

I hate the feeling I have right now, I wasn't excited to find the game to watch. I ended up listening to it on KCFX and then slept through half the game.
I wore my Chiefs shirt to breakfast this morning (Hometown Buffet) and I live in Illinois. But when they lost instead of being mad, disappointed or even discouraged I was like meh.

Good thing the Lions went 0-16 last year it would really blow to be the first team to go 0-16 but now it will just be lessening the blow on the Lions if it happens.

Bike
10-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Well, this so-called talent guru (Pioli) has me looking back at the draft and thinking what could have been...
1. Sanchez
2. Britton
3. Caldwell
4. Maiava
5. Robinson

Bike
10-04-2009, 05:35 PM
No he wasn't.. He made some bad throws, but he also made some good ones. Why don't you ever talk about those?

The one where he overthrew Bowe, could be Bowe not being 100%.

You are just hating like usual..
Yes he was. I can remember 4 times at least...

yashi
10-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Mark Sanchez looked terrible today. I'd much rather have Cassel.

Hayvern
10-04-2009, 10:11 PM
I think having Sanchez or Stafford in here with this coaching staff and offensive line would have ended up with one of two very promising careers ending early. Without an offensive line in front of them, they would not be looking anywhere as good as they are now and they would be considered a waste.

I personally would have rather gone with another year of Thigpen or Croyle instead of bringing in a QB now, especially if I knew we would not have been addressing the offensive line.

honda522
10-04-2009, 10:18 PM
If Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, or any of those guys were behind our line, they might as well have a broken bone, cause they would survive just as well as Cassel is surviving.

Lets go ahead and put Brokie Croyle in and see how he does.

Hayvern
10-04-2009, 10:21 PM
If Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, or any of those guys were behind our line, they might as well have a broken bone, cause they would survive just as well as Cassel is surviving.

Lets go ahead and put Brokie Croyle in and see how he does.

I would not go that far, if Cassel is going to be the guy, then he needs to be the guy. He is going to be running for his life a lot, but can you think of any better experience for a QB than what he is going through now? As long as his moral can stay up, the experience behind this offensive line will prepare him well for when he does start getting better protection.

He at least will know how to read the defenses better and get a feel for when he is about to get clobbered, he will be well accustomed to hearing those footsteps behind him.

honda522
10-04-2009, 10:48 PM
I would not go that far, if Cassel is going to be the guy, then he needs to be the guy. He is going to be running for his life a lot, but can you think of any better experience for a QB than what he is going through now? As long as his moral can stay up, the experience behind this offensive line will prepare him well for when he does start getting better protection.

He at least will know how to read the defenses better and get a feel for when he is about to get clobbered, he will be well accustomed to hearing those footsteps behind him.
To be all up front here, I don't think the play calling is helping his cause. I wish they would allow him to audible, not like Peyton Manning, but a few players now and then.

Hayvern
10-04-2009, 10:49 PM
To be all up front here, I don't think the play calling is helping his cause. I wish they would allow him to audible, not like Peyton Manning, but a few players now and then.

Agreed, rep

McLovin
10-04-2009, 11:10 PM
He is allowed to scream like a 9 year old girl when the line allows all of the linebackers through and they start chasing him. Isn't that enough?

honda522
10-04-2009, 11:29 PM
He is allowed to scream like a 9 year old girl when the line allows all of the linebackers through and they start chasing him. Isn't that enough?
LOL :sign0153:

doobs_05
10-05-2009, 03:31 AM
i'm pretty sure when cassel overthrew bowe he was just looking out for bowe cuz he knew bowe would drop the passes