PDA

View Full Version : Huard’s injury tilts Chiefs QB contest further toward Croyle

Guru
08-21-2007, 03:42 AM
Huard’s injury tilts Chiefs QB contest further toward Croyle

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/08/20/22/628-CHIEFSOTA_SP_060107_CGO_004a_08-21-2007_HSU448C.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg (http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/08/20/22/898-CHIEFSOTA_SP_060107_CGO_004a_08-21-2007_HSU448C.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg)
Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard is hobbled by a leg injury and finds himself looking at a backup role.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/08/20/22/756-ChiefsDolphins_SP_1344a_8-16-200_08-21-2007_HSU46DI.thumb.prod_affiliate.81.jpg (http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/08/20/22/755-ChiefsDolphins_SP_1344a_8-16-200_08-21-2007_HSU46DI.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg)

The Chiefs’ quarterback competition appeared to be tipping toward Brodie Croyle anyway, but Damon Huard’s sore leg could end all of the suspense.

Huard didn’t practice Monday. He stood close by with an ice pack on his chronically sore right calf. He noticeably favored the leg when he walked.

Huard has been bothered by the sore calf during training camp, but this was the first time he missed a practice because of it. There was no indication the injury would keep him out long term, but the Chiefs were unsure whether he would practice today or play in Thursday night’s preseason game against New Orleans at Arrowhead Stadium.

“I don’t know that,” coach Herm Edwards said. “I’ve got to check with the trainer to see what he says. We’ve got another couple of days to see where he is.”
Edwards said over the weekend that Croyle would start against the Saints and play the entire first half and perhaps into the third quarter.

Asked what Huard’s absence on Thursday night might do to the quarterback battle, Edwards said: “Then you have to make the decision based on the information you have on hand. We’ll go back over the preseason games and the practices and everything else. That’s how we’ll make our decision. This (wouldn’t) kill (Huard’s) chances.”

Huard declined to comment.

Ever since last season’s end, Edwards appeared to be leaning toward making Croyle the starter. Edwards talked in the immediate hours after the playoff loss to Indianapolis about the need to get Croyle ready to play this season.

Since then, the Chiefs re-signed Huard, who would have been a free agent, and traded Trent Green to Miami, but Croyle was always a central figure in their plans. Before the trade, Green was hesitant to return to the Chiefs because he feared the quarterback competition would be tilted in Croyle’s favor.

Croyle and Huard split the work almost equally until Monday. Nothing the Chiefs have seen from Croyle, not even the two seemingly preventable interceptions in the two preseason games, has soured them.

Edwards has been noncommittal publicly since the start of training camp about the quarterback battle. But he has said he wants to settle on a quarterback for the foreseeable future and not just this season, something more easily done by going with the 24-year-old Croyle instead of the 34-year-old Huard.

It’s also obvious from the training camp practices that the Chiefs have more offensive capability with Croyle, who has superior passing skills. The Chiefs might have to live with a few more turnovers if Croyle is their quarterback.

“There’s definitely a great difference between the two guys,” guard Brian Waters said. “Damon is as reliable as there is. You can count on him to be consistent, and you know exactly how he’s going to be. Brodie is a great talent, but for all the talent he has, he has to be a more consistent player if he wants to play in this league.”

Croyle welcomed the extra work, not only Thursday night but also in Monday’s practice. He and Huard had rotated in and out of the starting lineup in practice.
“It’s hard to go out there knowing you’ve got three or four series, because you feel like every play you’ve got to make something happen,” Croyle said. “I’d love playing into the third quarter. You can get yourself into a pretty good rhythm.

“At this point I’m just as comfortable throwing to the second- and third-team guys as I am the first-team guys. The more you get to go with a certain group, the more comfortable you’re going to be, the more certain you are about where guys are going to be on certain routes.”

wolfpack
08-21-2007, 10:32 AM
this injury sounds like one that he knows it was a stacked deck and this is a way out.

swmochiefsfan
08-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Maybe the deck is stacked, but if this kid is going to be our future lets see what he's got,I hope we can pull something off this year but I have doubts, put brodie in and chock it up to learning expeirence.

:sign0104:

OTR Chiefs fan
08-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I think Herm has been leaning towards Croyle since the end of last season. I think he created this competition to see if Croyle would step up. If Croyle plays even halfway decent on Thursday I think the starting job will be his. I think Huard is starting to see the writing on the wall.

m0ef0e
08-21-2007, 02:38 PM
this injury sounds like one that he knows it was a stacked deck and this is a way out.

yup, i thought the same thing.

Chiefster
08-21-2007, 04:18 PM
I think this settles things.

swmochiefsfan
08-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I think Herm has been leaning towards Croyle since the end of last season. I think he created this competition to see if Croyle would step up. If Croyle plays even halfway decent on Thursday I think the starting job will be his. I think Huard is starting to see the writing on the wall.
well lets hope he can get it going.

Coach
08-21-2007, 11:07 PM
well lets hope he can get it going.

Agreed. I don't really who care who is under center as long as they move the ball.

luv
08-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Didn't he have his leg wrapped up upon entering training camp?

stlchief
08-22-2007, 02:09 AM
My friends, I think we can start looking forward to 2008. If Croyle throws 1 - 2 of these ridiculous interceptions every 3 or 4 games, we are done for this year....

luv
08-22-2007, 02:42 AM
My friends, I think we can start looking forward to 2008. If Croyle throws 1 - 2 of these ridiculous interceptions every 3 or 4 games, we are done for this year....
So you don't think he'll grow, nor that his judgement will get better?

Chiefster
08-22-2007, 03:01 AM

This may very well be, but then again I wasn't expecting that much out of this season anyway.

So you don't think he'll grow, nor that his judgement will get better?

In a word: "yes". I believe he will get better, but that's just me. :)

AkChief49
08-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Not saying he's them, but a couple of other darn good QB's came out of 'Bama- J.Namath and K.Stabler. Yeah it's been awhile so maybe it's time history does a little repeating here.(I'm hoping like he77 it does!):D

wolfpack
08-22-2007, 09:59 AM
if we were running dickies offense these ridiculous interceptions wouldbe no big deal. but in hermmies and his lap dog solari offense every possecion is critical. you cant kick fieldgoals when you turn the ball over.

m0ef0e
08-22-2007, 11:40 AM
I know I have been all over Brodie and pushing Damon like a crack-dealer. As a Chiefs fan, though, I will root for the guy the put on the field. Croyle's our guy? Cool. I hope he becomes one of the game's greats while in a KC uni... Of course, him and the team as a whole have a long way to go but hopefully we can get into championship form sometime before the next century.

swmochiefsfan
08-22-2007, 11:50 AM
I know I have been all over Brodie and pushing Damon like a crack-dealer. As a Chiefs fan, though, I will root for the guy the put on the field. Croyle's our guy? Cool. I hope he becomes one of the game's greats while in a KC uni... Of course, him and the team as a whole have a long way to go but hopefully we can get into championship form sometime before the next century.
my sentiments exactly, if brodie steps up and if we ever get some O-line it shouldn't be long

m0ef0e
08-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I say we have enough pieces to truly be a contender in a couple years. The main thing is if Herm will actually strengthen the o-line some. Which is something he's not known for.

swmochiefsfan
08-22-2007, 01:57 PM
sounds like herm's giong to be around for awhile, lets hope he has a change of philosephy concerning the
O-line

Canada
08-22-2007, 03:39 PM

First of all...the guys had two picks in preseason and at the rate you are talking that is only 6-8 picks on the season. I don't think that is enough to write off the year. :bananen_smilies046:

swmochiefsfan
08-22-2007, 04:17 PM
6-8 picks aint bad, our O line is what really makes me nervous.:D

Chiefster
08-22-2007, 07:51 PM
6-8 picks aint bad, our O line is what really makes me nervous.:D

Same here; I'm hoping they surprise me.

stlchief
08-22-2007, 09:50 PM
First of all...the guys had two picks in preseason and at the rate you are talking that is only 6-8 picks on the season. I don't think that is enough to write off the year. :bananen_smilies046:

Just to clarify:

He had 2 picks in 2 games. That extrapolates to 16 picks (assuming we don't make the playoffs & 16 picks will help that come true).

*BUT* 16 picks is saying he will throw one per game. In preseason he averaged not only one per game, but I think one per every other POSSESSION. Let's say 10 possessions a game (and if he throws a pick on a fourth of his drives on the first play, that might be safe). Extrapolation gives us 10 possessions per game times 1 interception per 2 possessions which equals 5 interceptions per game. Multiple it by 16 games per season (again a safe bet), and you get 80 interceptions in 2007.

I don't think he'll do that bad (or if he does, no one will be there to see the last 50 or so), so let's split the difference and say somewhere between 6 & 80.

If you do stupid stuff in preseason, I don't know why you wouldn't do stupid stuff in regular season. That's why some guys get cut....

NOW: I think he will get better. Nature says he has to (he must change to survive). From his touchdown drive last game, he has great skills and can be a big winner. I have no doubt in years to come, he will be a very capable QB in the red & gold and I will be very happy to have him.

The question is how long does it take him to lose the desire to throw stupid passes. This is the learning curve we will all suffer through.

(Huard had skills and no learning curve --> just thought I would throw that in....)

Canada
08-23-2007, 02:46 AM
Just to clarify:

He had 2 picks in 2 games. That extrapolates to 16 picks (assuming we don't make the playoffs & 16 picks will help that come true).

*BUT* 16 picks is saying he will throw one per game. In preseason he averaged not only one per game, but I think one per every other POSSESSION. Let's say 10 possessions a game (and if he throws a pick on a fourth of his drives on the first play, that might be safe). Extrapolation gives us 10 possessions per game times 1 interception per 2 possessions which equals 5 interceptions per game. Multiple it by 16 games per season (again a safe bet), and you get 80 interceptions in 2007.

I don't think he'll do that bad (or if he does, no one will be there to see the last 50 or so), so let's split the difference and say somewhere between 6 & 80.

If you do stupid stuff in preseason, I don't know why you wouldn't do stupid stuff in regular season. That's why some guys get cut....

NOW: I think he will get better. Nature says he has to (he must change to survive). From his touchdown drive last game, he has great skills and can be a big winner. I have no doubt in years to come, he will be a very capable QB in the red & gold and I will be very happy to have him.

The question is how long does it take him to lose the desire to throw stupid passes. This is the learning curve we will all suffer through.

(Huard had skills and no learning curve --> just thought I would throw that in....)

You are the one who said 1 or 2 stupid interceptions every 3-4 games. Do the math, be realistic. I was just saying at that pace we still are not that bad. The losing Super Bowl QB last year threw 25 picks (preseason included) not to mention all his fumbles, and they still made it to the bowl. All I have been saying the whoooooole time is that huard is not the great qb that is going to solve the offensive problems for the Chiefs.

Canada
08-23-2007, 03:01 AM
I'm Drunk!!

Canada
08-23-2007, 03:02 AM
...there...I have hired a post whore and I am going to bed now!! Goodnite and god speed!!

stlchief
08-23-2007, 03:03 AM
You are the one who said 1 or 2 stupid interceptions every 3-4 games. Do the math, be realistic. I was just saying at that pace we still are not that bad. The losing Super Bowl QB last year threw 25 picks (preseason included) not to mention all his fumbles, and they still made it to the bowl. All I have been saying the whoooooole time is that huard is not the great qb that is going to solve the offensive problems for the Chiefs.

Agreed. You have convinced me. I now think we should start Croyle. This is why all of my Arrowhead cash is on him. (and because of Huard's injury....)

:toast2:

Canada
08-23-2007, 03:06 AM

Agreed. You have convinced me. I now think we should start Croyle. This is why all of my Arrowhead cash is on him. (and because of Huard's injury....)

:toast2:

:lol: I bet most of mine early...on Huard!! :iamwithstupid:

stlchief
08-23-2007, 03:13 AM
Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl! Rofl!
Rofl!

chief31
08-23-2007, 10:06 AM

He is the only guy who has shown that he can be that guy. What has you so convinced that he isn't capable?

Chiefster
08-23-2007, 10:45 AM
[quote=stlchief;17865]

:lol: I bet most of mine early...on Huard!! :iamwithstupid:

I just bet 1000 on each DOH!

Canada
08-23-2007, 11:23 AM
He is the only guy who has shown that he can be that guy. What has you so convinced that he isn't capable?

Really?? You don't remember LJ running the ball 416 times lat year, you don't remember Bennet running the ball a few times, was Tony Gonzalez there? Did Kennison play last year? Was there a line with Weigman, Shields
and Waters there?? Huards career has me convinced that he is an average qb. I don't remember the part where he put the team on his shoulders and went out and put us in the playoffs. When did that happen?

chief31
08-23-2007, 11:32 AM

Really?? You don't remember LJ running the ball 416 times lat year, you don't remember Bennet running the ball a few times, was Tony Gonzalez there? Did Kennison play last year? Was there a line with Weigman, Shields
and Waters there?? Huards career has me convinced that he is an average qb. I don't remember the part where he put the team on his shoulders and went out and put us in the playoffs. When did that happen?

Last year. ^^^^^

How well versed are you in the playing career of Damon Huard? Have you seen alot of him? Noone else has. Last year was the only opportunity that he has been given. He played extremely well, with terrible protection.

The first two quotes in this reply show where your latest reply is off-subject.

Canada
08-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Last year. ^^^^^

How well versed are you in the playing career of Damon Huard? Have you seen alot of him? Noone else has. Last year was the only opportunity that he has been given. He played extremely well, with terrible protection.

The first two quotes in this reply show where your latest reply is off-subject.

If you think that Huard was the reson that this team made the playoffs last year then we were watching different games. Huard did not lose games for them but he did not put the team on his shoulders. It's not that hard to throw the ball when the defense has 8 in the box against your run. I am apparently not as well versed in Damons career as you are. I did not know that you followed career backups so closely. I have looked at Huards #s over his career and they are, believe it or not, AVERAGE. Almot like he has had 10 average years and half a season of pretty good football.

chief31
08-23-2007, 11:44 AM
If you think that Huard was the reson that this team made the playoffs last year then we were watching different games. Huard did not lose games for them but he did not put the team on his shoulders. It's not that hard to throw the ball when the defense has 8 in the box against your run. I am apparently not as well versed in Damons career as you are. I did not know that you followed career backups so closely. I have looked at Huards #s over his career and they are, believe it or not, AVERAGE. Almot like he has had 10 average years and half a season of pretty good football.

You didn't look too close at those stats. Because I don't see ten years of playing experience in them. I see numbers that support a guy who hasn't been given any playing time. What are the other Chiefs quarterbacks career stats?

That "eight in the box" thing is vastly exaggerated. From time-to time, yes, there were eight in the box. And no, it isn't easy posting numbers in the NFL, like those, I don't care how fantastic your running game is.

Canada
08-23-2007, 11:49 AM
You didn't look too close at those stats. Because I don't see ten years of playing experience in them. I see numbers that support a guy who hasn't been given any playing time. What are the other Chiefs quarterbacks career stats?

That "eight in the box" thing is vastly exaggerated. From time-to time, yes, there were eight in the box. And no, it isn't easy posting numbers in the NFL, like those, I don't care how fantastic your running game is.

Oh...so he never had a chance in any training camps. This isn't the first time it was unfair to him.

I am sure 8 in the box is only significant when it supports your argument (ie. LJ couldn't run in playoffs)

I guess you must be a greater evaluator of talent then me or anyone else in the NFL because you are the only one in the last 11 years who has seen how great Huard really is. Even through all of his average play. :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Oh...so he never had a chance in any training camps. This isn't the first time it was unfair to him.

I am sure 8 in the box is only significant when it supports your argument (ie. LJ couldn't run in playoffs)

I guess you must be a greater evaluator of talent then me or anyone else in the NFL because you are the only one in the last 11 years who has seen how great Huard really is. Even through all of his average play. :bananen_smilies046:

The fact is that when given a chance, he has shined. Rich Gannon, Rich Gannon, Rich Gannon. He was extremely average when he got here, too.

Canada
08-23-2007, 12:05 PM
The fact is that when given a chance, he has shined. Rich Gannon, Rich Gannon, Rich Gannon. He was extremely average when he got here, too.

Not in this years preseason

chief31
08-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Well, at leats we are down to one argument, for the moment.

I just think that you have been doing everything in your power to discredit the top-notch work that Huard did last year, while I am complaining that we made the decision to give Croyle the job, without allowing Huard a chance to prove that he is a good quarterback. If the Chiefs were giving Huard a chance, then we wouldn't be having this argument. He would either sink, or swim.

You complained about the negativity, but if you read back, you should notice where the negativity is coming from.

I made the point about how young quarterbacks tend to struggle with poor offensive lines, for two reasons. One, was to explain how Huard was thrown into a fire and didn't make it. Two, to show how much more likely it is that Croyle will struggle in the same way and could suffer the same kind of career, because of it. I don't like the idea of throwing our quarterback of the future into that kind of fire, unless we have no choice.

chief31
08-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Not in this years preseason
Again, he hasn't been given a chance.

Canada
08-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Again, he hasn't been given a chance.

He has had a chance,maybe not a fair one, but he has played and when he did he did not play well.

chief31
08-23-2007, 12:20 PM
He has had a chance,maybe not a fair one, but he has played and when he did he did not play well.

He hasn't had a chance. Like I said before, (Not sure where.) Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have both put up ugly numbers with that little of an opportunity. Nine attempts under tight play-calling is hardly a chance to show anything.

Canada
08-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Well, at leats we are down to one argument, for the moment.

I just think that you have been doing everything in your power to discredit the top-notch work that Huard did last year, while I am complaining that we made the decision to give Croyle the job, without allowing Huard a chance to prove that he is a good quarterback. If the Chiefs were giving Huard a chance, then we wouldn't be having this argument. He would either sink, or swim.

You complained about the negativity, but if you read back, you should notice where the negativity is coming from.

I made the point about how young quarterbacks tend to struggle with poor offensive lines, for two reasons. One, was to explain how Huard was thrown into a fire and didn't make it. Two, to show how much more likely it is that Croyle will struggle in the same way and could suffer the same kind of career, because of it. I don't like the idea of throwing our quarterback of the future into that kind of fire, unless we have no choice.

I am the negative one?? :lol: because I don't think Huard is great or because I have disagreed with you? Am I the one who picked the Chiefs to go 6-10 this year?? Did my predictions get "laughed" at because I choose to think positively about the team. Absolutely they did. Sorry that I disagree with you on Huard. I have said that he did not get a fair chance in the preseason but again no one really knows why that is He may have had this injury for a while. I do not think Huard is great, guess that makes me negative. I will refrain from talking about him anymore as I don't want to be the negative one here casting a shadow on all you lights of optimism on this next year!

Canada
08-23-2007, 12:23 PM

He hasn't had a chance. Like I said before, (Not sure where.) Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have both put up ugly numbers with that little of an opportunity. Nine attempts under tight play-calling is hardly a chance to show anything.

So...it's kinda like...he had a chance, maybe not a fair one, but he has played and when he did he did not play well??

chief31
08-23-2007, 12:28 PM
I am the negative one?? :lol: because I don't think Huard is great or because I have disagreed with you? Am I the one who picked the Chiefs to go 6-10 this year?? Did my predictions get "laughed" at because I choose to think positively about the team. Absolutely they did. Sorry that I disagree with you on Huard. I have said that he did not get a fair chance in the preseason but again no one really knows why that is He may have had this injury for a while. I do not think Huard is great, guess that makes me negative. I will refrain from talking about him anymore as I don't want to be the negative one here casting a shadow on all you lights of optimism on this next year!

Come on. Yes, you have been the nagative one, on this subject. Bringing up where I am negative on a seperate subject won't change that. Not because you disagree with me, (usually that is a money in the bank guarantee that you are being the optimist.) but because you have spent alot of energy on showing how bad Huard is, when all you have seen of him amounts to being a peretty good quarterback.

I have to get to sleep, I'll pick back up later. Night.

sbenson9
08-23-2007, 12:42 PM
I belive that huard did do a good job last year, however, he has looked awful in preseason. Croyle has look good except for a few mistakes. Neirher has really had all the tools around him to make an acurate judgement as to how we really look. I hope that croyle will surprise us all. I think we need to keep croyle in and develope a franchise QB instead of getting free agents as we have always done. If this is a rebuilding year and we wind up 8-8. thats not bad for a rebuilding record. We could go 2-14 as long as our wins are over the donkeys I mean denver.

Canada
08-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Come on. Yes, you have been the nagative one, on this subject. Bringing up where I am negative on a seperate subject won't change that. Not because you disagree with me, (usually that is a money in the bank guarantee that you are being the optimist.) but because you have spent alot of energy on showing how bad Huard is, when all you have seen of him amounts to being a peretty good quarterback.

I have to get to sleep, I'll pick back up later. Night.

I never said he was bad. I said he has had a bad preseason and he is an average QB. I have said it several times. He was good last year. Which part is the negative part??

m0ef0e
08-23-2007, 10:07 PM
We need a guy that can get away from the 12 defenders that will always be in the backfield... I seem to remember this guy who was MVP of the CFL and has some decent scrambling skills... Hmmm....

Canada
08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
like I said...gotta love Canada!!

m0ef0e
08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
I do more and more every day, bro.

AkChief49
08-23-2007, 10:33 PM
3/15 for 40yds?I'm soooo depressed:drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 12:55 AM
like I said...gotta love Canada!!

Oh, Canada........ :)

stlchief
08-24-2007, 01:09 AM
3/15 for 40yds?I'm soooo depressed:drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

C'mon, buck up little buckaroo.

(queue the battle hymn of the republic music -- sorry Canada, but it's for dramatic affect)

Chiefs sucked in pre-season last year if I remember correctly. I don't think we scored a TD (and that was with Trent Green in his "prime" and LJ). Remember what we did last year? 9-7 and a play-off spot.

Defense: better.
Receivers: better.
Kicker: maybe not better, but at least it's not LT.
O-Line: a step back, but give them time to play together.

Guys, if I hear any quitters in this group of people after 3 stupid *&^%$# games, I'm leaving.

I don't care if they do start Croyle. We get 8 games in Arrowhead. ARROWHEAD. We get to play the Raiders twice.

I stand by 10-6.

Now shape up and get together. Look & sound like the greatest football fans on the face of the planet.

No more talk about fighting the Raiders for last or 3 win seasons.

Just picture the 70k in RED chanting and the old Ozzy song they play before a Chiefs kick-off. This is our year....

Who's with me????

(...his truth is marching on.....)

chief31
08-24-2007, 02:31 PM
C'mon, buck up little buckaroo.

(queue the battle hymn of the republic music -- sorry Canada, but it's for dramatic affect)

Chiefs sucked in pre-season last year if I remember correctly. I don't think we scored a TD (and that was with Trent Green in his "prime" and LJ). Remember what we did last year? 9-7 and a play-off spot.

Defense: better.
Receivers: better.
Kicker: maybe not better, but at least it's not LT.
O-Line: a step back, but give them time to play together.

Guys, if I hear any quitters in this group of people after 3 stupid *&^%$# games, I'm leaving.

I don't care if they do start Croyle. We get 8 games in Arrowhead. ARROWHEAD. We get to play the Raiders twice.

I stand by 10-6.

Now shape up and get together. Look & sound like the greatest football fans on the face of the planet.

No more talk about fighting the Raiders for last or 3 win seasons.

Just picture the 70k in RED chanting and the old Ozzy song they play before a Chiefs kick-off. This is our year....

Who's with me????

(...his truth is marching on.....)

I'm not sure how to spell the sound that crickets make......................................... :lol:

Canada
08-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm with you brother!! Chiefs kick *** and I don't give a sh*t how many sideline coaches disagree with me!!!

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm with you brother!! Chiefs kick *** and I don't give a sh*t how many sideline coaches disagree with me!!!

:bananen_smilies046::D

Canada
08-24-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure how to spell the sound that crickets make......................................... :lol:

I will make enough noise for the whole damn crowd then!! Just gotta get some more beer!! :drunkhb:

m0ef0e
08-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Right on. Let's do it! Superbowl bound! There's always a chance, man. I can't dispute that. I think sometimes the ESPN brainwashing takes effect on even the most loyal of fans. When you hear about how bad your team sucks 7 days a week and you see a performance like last night, sometimes emotion can override loyalty. Just for a few minutes or hours, though. I'm already geared up for the gov's cup game against the Rams and I can't wait to get into the regular season. GO CHIEFS!!!

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I will make enough noise for the whole damn crowd then!! Just gotta get some more beer!! :drunkhb:

Here ya go! :bananen_smilies046::toast2::drunkhb:

Canada
08-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Right on. Let's do it! Superbowl bound! There's always a chance, man. I can't dispute that. I think sometimes the ESPN brainwashing takes effect on even the most loyal of fans. When you hear about how bad your team sucks 7 days a week and you see a performance like last night, sometimes emotion can override loyalty. Just for a few minutes or hours, though. I'm already geared up for the gov's cup game against the Rams and I can't wait to get into the regular season. GO CHIEFS!!!

It's a 23 game fight. So we got punched a couple of times. These guys are not going to be pushovers all season. Last night sucked, you have to go back 36 years to the last time a team had a season with no sh*tty losses. We lost a couple fo practice games and on opening day I am going to drink a beer for every point we score!! I figure I will need a couple of cases. Anyways all the non believers can kiss my A$$ cause when we hoist the Lombardi trophy I will be there to say "told ya so!!" :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
08-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Here ya go! :bananen_smilies046::toast2::drunkhb:

Thank you sir, my wife will really appreciate me having a little extra beer!! :bananen_smilies083:

sling58
08-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Preach it. I am a fan through and through!!! We could never win another game and I would still root for the Red and Gold!

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Preach it. I am a fan through and through!!! We could never win another game and I would still root for the Red and Gold!

Yup; it still beats being a Fader or a Donk fan! :)

sling58
08-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Yup; it still beats being a Fader or a Donk fan! :)

I root for real teams!

sbenson9
08-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Enough negitive. Im not flying to houdton to see them Lose. I got the 07-08 gear in the mail and hoist the arrowhead proudly in the middle of donk country.CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS. kILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT. FINAL 1ST GAME PREDICTION CHIEFS 1000 TEXAS BLEEDING ALL OVER THE FIELD

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 04:42 PM
I root for real teams!

:D:yahoo:

sling58
08-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Enough negitive. Im not flying to houdton to see them Lose. I got the 07-08 gear in the mail and hoist the arrowhead proudly in the middle of donk country.CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS. kILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT. FINAL 1ST GAME PREDICTION CHIEFS 1000 TEXAS BLEEDING ALL OVER THE FIELD

Dude lay off the kool-aid just a bit!! Too much sugar!

:lol: :lol:

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Dude lay off the kool-aid just a bit!! Too much sugar!

:lol: :lol:

:funnypost::lol:

swmochiefsfan
08-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Its official, this is the greatest place on the internet.
:11: :yahoo: :drunkhb:

Chiefster
08-27-2007, 10:35 PM

You speak with wisdom beyond your years. :11:

Canada
08-27-2007, 11:10 PM

This is the ONLY place on the internet!! :toast2:

Chiefster
08-27-2007, 11:20 PM
This is the ONLY place on the internet!! :toast2:

You, too, speak truth! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
08-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Seriously...my wife made this the homepage and I don't know how to get anywhere else. :)

Chiefster
08-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Seriously...my wife made this the homepage and I don't know how to get anywhere else. :)

Ya got a smart gal there. :bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
08-28-2007, 03:44 AM
My wife laughs at me as I peruse about 10 different message boards...sorry guys I'm a football whore. I want info, love the game and frankly I have too much money and time invested in my fantasy football league not to care like a crazy mother. This website is however one of the most engaging and has some of the best characters. Plus I love the emoticons :p

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
My wife laughs at me as I peruse about 10 different message boards...sorry guys I'm a football whore. I want info, love the game and frankly I have too much money and time invested in my fantasy football league not to care like a crazy mother. This website is however one of the most engaging and has some of the best characters. Plus I love the emoticons :p

We aims to to please there youngster! :11:
Thanks! :D

rbedgood
08-29-2007, 12:16 AM
We aims to to please there youngster! :11:
Thanks! :D

Reminds me of the sign I saw in a roadside diner bathroom a while back...

We aim to please...
You aim too...PLEASE!!!

Chiefster
08-29-2007, 06:23 AM
Reminds me of the sign I saw in a roadside diner bathroom a while back...

We aim to please...
You aim too...PLEASE!!!

:lol: Yeah, I've seen that sign and: "Welcome to our OOL! You'll notice there's no "P" in our "POOL"; let's keep it that way".

Canada
08-29-2007, 09:12 AM
:lol: Yeah, I've seen that sign and: "Welcome to our OOL! You'll notice there's no "P" in our "POOL"; let's keep it that way".

I had one at my pool at my old house that said "I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool!"

Chiefster
08-29-2007, 02:14 PM
I had one at my pool at my old house that said "I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool!"

LOL!!! Nice! Although I imagine with as much time as you have spent drunk that you have nearly drowned in one though. :D

sbenson9
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
iIf I can drink more kool aid I can snatch the pebble out of chiefster's hand:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: ANgey chief mob wants to see the priest

Chiefster
08-29-2007, 03:23 PM
iIf I can drink more kool aid I can snatch the pebble out of chiefster's hand:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: ANgey chief mob wants to see the priest

I hold no pebbles in my hand; trust me on this.

Canada
08-29-2007, 06:11 PM
LOL!!! Nice! Although I imagine with as much time as you have spent drunk that you have nearly drowned in one though. :D

I don't spend time in toilets.....it's a waste of beer. :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 12:33 AM
I don't spend time in toilets.....it's a waste of beer. :bananen_smilies046:

:lol: Good point.

rbedgood
08-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Confucious say...You can not buy a beer...You can only rent!

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Confucious say...You can not buy a beer...You can only rent!

Heh! He also "say": "He who break wind in church sit in own pew."

This really has nothing to do with what we're talkin about; it just seemed like a good juncture where with to hijack the thread. :lol:

NITE CROWD!!! :)

rbedgood
08-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Full momentary hijack

Other Confucious-isms...

...baseball all wrong...man with 4 balls can not walk
...man who walk through turnstiles sideways going to Bangkok
...man who stand on toilet, is high on pot
...virgin just like balloon...one prick, all gone
...man with hand in pocket feel ****y all day
and finally for Luv (and the other women)
...girl who sit on judges lap get an honorable discharge
...girl who go camping beware of evil intent

We now resume our previous thread...

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Full momentary hijack

Other Confucious-isms...

OMG!!!!!!!! That's funny!:lol::funnypost:

swmochiefsfan
08-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Full momentary hijack

Other Confucious-isms...

Thats great man

sbenson9
08-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Nice but what does that have to do with anything other than a nice distraction from our swiss cheese o line.

rbedgood
08-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Nice but what does that have to do with anything other than a nice distraction from our swiss cheese o line.

Absolutely nothing...that's why I started the post with the admission of a hijack...glad you guys enjoyed those...gosh I used to know so many more of those.

swmochiefsfan
08-30-2007, 01:03 PM
I need a distraction

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Absolutely nothing...that's why I started the post with the admission of a hijack...glad you guys enjoyed those...gosh I used to know so many more of those.

Well dig 'em up! :D

I need a distraction

A Priest and a Rabbi walk into a bar....

swmochiefsfan
08-30-2007, 02:05 PM
A Priest and a Rabbi walk into a bar....[/quote]

Yeah......and. Dont leave me hanging brother

rbedgood
08-30-2007, 02:07 PM
[quote=Chiefster;19379]Well dig 'em up! :D

Well with permission granted, hijack now resumes...pulled from http://www.humorsphere.com

Confucius Says ...

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.

Man who jump off cliff, jump to conclusion.

Man who run behind car get exhausted.

Virgin just like balloon ... one prick, all gone.

Secretary not permanent until she screwed on desk.

Man who put **** in Peanut Butter jar is F***ing Nuts.

Man with tool in woman mouth May not necessarily be dentist.

Couple on 7-day honeymoon make hole weak.

Girl who marry Richard must kiss Dick.

Man with hand in pocket feel ****y all day.

Man who excels at putting worm on hook is Master Baiter

Man young when he snatches kisses, old when he kisses snatches.

Man who loses key to lady's apartment get no new-key.

Man who go to sleep with itchy butt, wake with smelly fingers...

War do not determine who right, war determine who left.

Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok

Schoolboy who play with schoolgirl during wrong period, get caught red-handed.

Girl who sit on judge's lap get an honourable discharge.

Girl who go camping must beware of evil intent.

Man with tight trousers is pressing his luck.

He who farts in church sits in own pew.

He who sneezes without a handkerchief takes matters into his own hands.

He who fish in other's hole often catch crabs.

Man who go to bed with hard problem wake up with solution in hand.

Squirrel who run up woman's leg not find nuts.

He who kisses woman's *** get crack in jaw.

Passionate kiss just like spider web - lead to undoing of fly.

Girl who sit on jockey's lap get hot tip.

If you want pretty nurse, you got to be patient.

Man who stand on street corner with hands in pockets, not feeling crazy, feeling nuts.

Woman who go to bachelor apartment for snack get tit-bit.

Man who put rooster in Ice Compartment take out Stiff ****.

No difference between man and mouse - both end in *****.

Nail on board is not good as screw on bench.

Crowded elevator always smell different to midget.

Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.

State of pregnancy exist when woman takes seriously something poked in fun.

He who buries a man's wife alive, should not expect to sit at that man's dinner table without the subject coming up.

He who plays with self, pulls boner.

Baseball all wrong -- man with four balls cannot walk.

House without toilet is uncanny.

Man trapped in brothel get jerked around.

Man's wife his better half, his mistress his better whole.

Panties not best thing on earth, but next to it.

It is good for girl to meet boy in park, but better for boy to park meat in girl.

Man have more hair on chest than woman, but on whole woman have more.

Man who cut self while shaving, lose face.

Man who eats photo of father, soon spitting-image of father.

Man who lay woman on ground gets piece on earth.

Man who plays with self pulls boner.

Man who take sleeping pill and laxative on the same night will wake up in deep sh*t.

Man who pushes piano down mineshaft get tone of A flat miner.

Man who sneezes without tissue takes matters in his own hands.

Wise man never play leapfrog with unicorn.

Man who suck woman's tit make clean breast of things.

Man who walk in middle of road get run over by bus.

Wife not part of furniture, until screwed on bed.

Woman laid in tomb may soon become mummy.

Man who fall in vat of molten glass make spectacle of self.

Man who jizz in cash register come into money.

Man with tight trousers is pressing his luck.

Man who gets kicked in testicles, left holding bag.

Man who crosses the ocean twice without washing is a dirty double crosser.

Man who drive like hell, bound to get there.

Man trapped in pantry have *** in jam.

Don't sweat the petty stuff ... and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Woman who wear jockstrap have make believe ballroom.

Woman who slides down banister makes monkey shine.

Man who scratches *** should not bite fingernails.

Man who tell one too many light bulb jokes soon burn out.

Woman who puts detergent on top shelf, jump for Joy.

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 03:17 PM
A Priest and a Rabbi walk into a bar....

Yeah......and. Dont leave me hanging brother[/quote]

...the monk ducks. :D

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Crowded elevator always smell different to midget.
ROFL!!!!!!