PDA

View Full Version : Giants 27 Chiefs 16

matthewschiefs
10-04-2009, 05:14 PM
The Chiefs played slightly better then they did a week ago but they still have a lot of improvement. The Fumble on the opeing kickoff killed any chance of the Chiefs getting the early momentum witch is something they had to do if they were going to beat the Giants. The Giants took advantage of the Chiefs mistakes and were simply the better team. I do think there were some postives that the chiefs can take.

1st The D. The Chiefs gave up 26 points yes but the offense put them in a real bad postion. The Opeing fumble gave the Giants a real short field. The D was not outstainding by any means but overall they did not play bad. To me it seems like bend but dont break D is what the Chiefs play at times. They hold oppents to field goals.
2nd Lj did have a couple of good runs. Against a tough Giant D that is a postive. I no thats a strech to say as a postive but with the current o line you got to get what you can take.

negitive O LINE. I think the Chiefs are at the point were they just need to blow up the o line and start from scratch. I dont see a single good thing about the o line. There is no way the chiefs will be able to open up the offense if the O line plays that crappy.

I also think that if Cassle does not show improvement next week maybe its time to put brodie in and see if he can do anything. Cassle is not to blame for the Chiefs Sturgles with the ball alone but simply put hes not getting the job done either. Its a move I think you have to at the very least try.

This is anther loss that the chiefs had some chances in. Any game you get 2 turnovers and play at home you have chances. But once again the chiefs could not move the ball and thats the killer. One thing you cant say this week is that hailey gave up. I no alot of people are going to blast his playcalling but to me it realy doesnt matter what play is called if the o line plays like they have.

BRING ON THE COWBOYS next week. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

brish
10-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Switching to Croyle would make no sense at all..
Cassel has been playing decent, all things considering.

Croyle is less mobile and made of glass, so why would you put him behind this o-line? Do you wan't to get away with murder or what? ;)

The defence is a lot better than last year, but we are still not getting enough preassure, and I don't understand why Pendergast doesn't react when we get beat by a single reciever.
And here i mean:

Todd Heap vs Baltimore.
Jackson vs Philly
Steve Smith vs NYG

It seems to me like he just keeps the same kind of coverage despite those guys tearing us up, or is that just me?

McLovin
10-04-2009, 05:36 PM
You forgot a couple positives.

1. Game is over.
2. 1/4 of the season is over.
3. We dont have to play the Ravens, Eagles or Giants again this year.
4. We didn't have a lead to get us excited only to blow it in the end.
5. Brodie stayed healthy throughout the game, so far I haven't heard anything about him getting splinters from the bench.
6. The Titans are still winless as well and had such high hopes after last year.
7. Everything will go on as planned tomorrow and the world will continue turning.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Switching to Croyle would make no sense at all..
Cassel has been playing decent, all things considering.

Croyle is less mobile and made of glass, so why would you put him behind this o-line? Do you wan't to get away with murder or what? ;)

The defence is a lot better than last year, but we are still not getting enough preassure, and I don't understand why Pendergast doesn't react when we get beat by a single reciever.
And here i mean:

Todd Heap vs Baltimore.
Jackson vs Philly
Steve Smith vs NYG

It seems to me like he just keeps the same kind of coverage despite those guys tearing us up, or is that just me?

The move to brodie is just something to try, I no its a reach but at some point you have to try something. He play good against the ravens, and it could always light more of a spark under cassel it just something I would consider.

KCraised
10-04-2009, 05:45 PM

1. Game is over.
5. Brodie stayed healthy throughout the game, so far I haven't heard anything about him getting splinters from the bench.
6. The Titans are still winless as well and had such high hopes after last year.
7. Everything will go on as planned tomorrow and the world will continue turning.

Thanks for this post...i feel i have a fresh bad attitude again...:p

Three7s
10-04-2009, 06:02 PM

1. Game is over.
I needed this.

Bike
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
The move to brodie is just something to try, I no its a reach but at some point you have to try something. He play good against the ravens, and it could always light more of a spark under cassel it just something I would consider.
Yeah we need a spark. Let Croyle start vs cowgirls...

Stumplifter
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Positive regarding O Line- They played better for the most part (IMO)

Negative regarding O Line- How many times did we see one of their linebackers taking a bead on Cassel without being touched?

McLovin
10-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah we need a spark. Let Croyle start vs cowgirls...
I say we have Mark Bradley start at QB, he has a QB rating of 118.8, he hasn't been sacked or intercepted, he is 100% for completition rating, and he is averaging 26 yards per attempt.

Bike
10-04-2009, 06:15 PM
I say we have Mark Bradley start at QB, he has a QB rating of 118.8, he hasn't been sacked or intercepted, he is 100% for completition rating, and he is averaging 26 yards per attempt.
.....:D

okikcfan
10-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I disagree, Cassel may have been 15 for 32 with only 127 yards but how many balls got dropped? More than there should have been. To me or IMHO, I feel the play calling was at it's worst. You can't change QB's just because we have lost the first four games, Brady could have been our QB and nothing would have changed. It's just not Cassel. Pioli needs to hire a OC and everyone else needs to step up!

amwoods22
10-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I keep hearing that the team is improving, but it's hard to see. I've seen a huge improvement with defense over last season...however, it seems like the chiefs are having a lot harder of a time putting points on the board vs. last season. i keep hearing that chiefs want to be a "running team" - is this why they keep handing the ball to johnson over and over and over again? it's good to have hand off plays, but come on - this is getting ridiculous especially when they wait for big passes on third downs which is obviously not working when you view how many third down conversions they have. cassel is not impressing me at all and i don't personally think croyle is any better. something needs to change! i want to see more from the team i love. (on a side note, i'm devestated that thigpen has been traded...i think he shows more promise then the others but that's a personal opinion!)

yashi
10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't really think we are any better than we were down the stretch last season... defensively a little maybe. But we've regressed on offense for sure. This game was hard to watch, and I found myself caring more about my fantasy team by halftime.

MoJ
10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Until we win, there is no "getting better".

Vanilla Garilla
10-04-2009, 08:40 PM
To anyone and everyone that thinks we should put in Croyle next week: GET REAL!!!

Cassel looked fine, the wide receiver dropped way too many passes, and only a few of Cassels passes were off target.

IlovetheChiefs
10-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah leave Cassel in for sure. Gotta keep letting him (hopefully) get better each game. He had some bad throws but also some that weren't his fault. Mainly didn't have enough time today but once in a while even when he did he misfired. But that was a nice one in the end zone on 4th down to Wade.

Heh, whenever the Chiefs had 4th down I said they'll convert. They can't on 3rd but do well on 4th. Maybe they should stop all these many Colquitt punts in future games! They even converted last week when they did the fake punt.

I was happy to see Cassel get to throw far more today. When the Chiefs got down 20-3 I said they better not be handing off on their next drive! And they didn't. I also liked how Cassel was in the shotgun a lot in the 2nd half. I couldn't understand why he didn't do that last week against Philly.

Well, all in all it was another painful game. The Giants just the better team. Interesting accuscore had it at 26-16 and it was 27-16. Glad we got some scoring in the 4th (both required 4th and 11's or 12's, whew!. Talk about doing it the hard way!)

That's too bad after we used our time outs and had the ball with about 4 minutes remaining that we couldn't get another drive to cut the score to 27-22. One thing on that final possession that angered me was Cassell tried short yardage plays on 3rd and 27 and 4th and 27. He had aired it deeper before so why not now of all times, dangit. And it wasn't because he was pressured. He threw short yardage. Makes no sense.

Well it was still great to see them on tv. Tough game for the Arrowhead fans there. The Chiefs getting in a 27-3 hole took their enthusiasm level out for the most part. It was pretty quiet when the Chiefs got their 2 touchdowns.

That fumble by Charles at the very beginning was most unfortunate. That's all we need to start the game, something like that. And that bogus penalty that was not a hit to the Giants head cost us dearly since the Giants then threw a td pass.

Well we'll see what we can do against the Cowgirls next week. I see they stunk up the field agaisnt the Donks today. Romo is such a choker. Good chance he'll throw a pic or two against us next week.

Vegas continues to give us respect with the line. Dallas is only 7 point favorites. Whereas the Faders are 15 and a half underdogs next week and Tampa Bay is 14 point underdogs.

Oh and glad that we finally got a decent kick return. Something like 30-40 yards from Charles. Seems like the first in eons that we returned for more than 10.

And I don't think we should have tried that onside kick to start the 2nd half. Down 17-3, I just don't think that was the time. It led to the Giants moving the ball just enough to get in field goal range and make it a 3 score game. However, I still felt good to see Haley try that because I think we need to try some things like that. Just wouldn't have done it at that point.

And there's a whole bunch of random thoughts of the game.

kcvet
10-04-2009, 09:25 PM
that opening KO fumble made me think well here we go again. then when the Giants scored that first TD i flipped the channel over to TCM and watched one of those really cool 1950's space monster movies. well hell, at least it was entertaining and the good guys won !!!! :D

Stumplifter
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM
that opening KO fumble made me think well here we go again.

Exactly, what a buzz kill.

Spend all week in anticipation that "this might be the week" that we turn it around and 2 seconds into the game that happens.

I WAS going to wait until half time to crack my first beer..... but when he fumbled that kick off I got up and went straight for the fridge.....:toast2:

Vanilla Garilla
10-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah leave Cassel in for sure. Gotta keep letting him (hopefully) get better each game. He had some bad throws but also some that weren't his fault. Mainly didn't have enough time today but once in a while even when he did he misfired. But that was a nice one in the end zone on 4th down to Wade.

Heh, whenever the Chiefs had 4th down I said they'll convert. They can't on 3rd but do well on 4th. Maybe they should stop all these many Colquitt punts in future games! They even converted last week when they did the fake punt.

I was happy to see Cassel get to throw far more today. When the Chiefs got down 20-3 I said they better not be handing off on their next drive! And they didn't. I also liked how Cassel was in the shotgun a lot in the 2nd half. I couldn't understand why he didn't do that last week against Philly.

Well, all in all it was another painful game. The Giants just the better team. Interesting accuscore had it at 26-16 and it was 27-16. Glad we got some scoring in the 4th (both required 4th and 11's or 12's, whew!. Talk about doing it the hard way!)

That's too bad after we used our time outs and had the ball with about 4 minutes remaining that we couldn't get another drive to cut the score to 27-22. One thing on that final possession that angered me was Cassell tried short yardage plays on 3rd and 27 and 4th and 27. He had aired it deeper before so why not now of all times, dangit. And it wasn't because he was pressured. He threw short yardage. Makes no sense.

Well it was still great to see them on tv. Tough game for the Arrowhead fans there. The Chiefs getting in a 27-3 hole took their enthusiasm level out for the most part. It was pretty quiet when the Chiefs got their 2 touchdowns.

That fumble by Charles at the very beginning was most unfortunate. That's all we need to start the game, something like that. And that bogus penalty that was not a hit to the Giants head cost us dearly since the Giants then threw a td pass.

Well we'll see what we can do against the Cowgirls next week. I see they stunk up the field agaisnt the Donks today. Romo is such a choker. Good chance he'll throw a pic or two against us next week.

Vegas continues to give us respect with the line. Dallas is only 7 point favorites. Whereas the Faders are 15 and a half underdogs next week and Tampa Bay is 14 point underdogs.

Oh and glad that we finally got a decent kick return. Something like 30-40 yards from Charles. Seems like the first in eons that we returned for more than 10.

And I don't think we should have tried that onside kick to start the 2nd half. Down 17-3, I just don't think that was the time. It led to the Giants moving the ball just enough to get in field goal range and make it a 3 score game. However, I still felt good to see Haley try that because I think we need to try some things like that. Just wouldn't have done it at that point.

And there's a whole bunch of random thoughts of the game.

Nice game summary Bud! :bananen_smilies046:

Vandelay
10-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Here's some audio from my living room during todays game.

YouTube - Sound-Effects - Death Screams

Stumplifter
10-04-2009, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=Vandelay;159712]Here's some audio from my living room during todays game.

:funnypost:

I know what you mean!
You know it's a bad day when my 12 year old comes upstairs and asked, "Are you ok dad? I heard yelling up here"!

8-)

Hayvern
10-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Here's some audio from my living room during todays game.

YouTube - Sound-Effects - Death Screams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUadudvL5SU&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div)

It sounds like that every weekend at my house. I thought about putting up the video camera today, it can get rather hilarious at times.

matthewschiefs
10-05-2009, 12:01 AM
To anyone and everyone that thinks we should put in Croyle next week: GET REAL!!!

Cassel looked fine, the wide receiver dropped way too many passes, and only a few of Cassels passes were off target.

Ok let me explain why I think this is something that the chiefs should consider. First I am not saying that Cassel has looked bad. Simply put He has not had the time to do that much. But the fact is he is also not doing that great. Its not something that you can say that you Cant bench him becuse he is playing to good.

2nd the main reason I think its is something to CONSIDER is maybe you put Brodie in and he sees something that Cassel doesnt. You never no. Its not like that Chiefs are in the playoff hunt and one game would kill all chances. Its something I think they should consider. If next week the Chiefs Offenses does not look any better then they have I dont see the harm in putting brodie in for a half. Cassel to me does not seem like a guy who would get so upset about it that it would ruin him.

I dont think it would be a long term thing. But I think it could do a couple things possibley. And at this point the chiefs should try ANYTHING they can to get the offense going. Its just something I think they should consider to try.

kcvet
10-05-2009, 08:51 AM
boy the cowbills will come in here with steam blowing out the holes in their helmets after lettin' the donkeys knock em off !!!

kcvet
10-05-2009, 08:52 AM
boy the cowbills will come in with steam blowing out the holes in their helmets after lettin' the donkeys knock em off !!!

CapitalT
10-05-2009, 09:15 PM

It might not be a bad idea. It would give Cassel at least a quarter to watch the Cowboys defensive scheme in comfort. Then after Croyle got hurt he might be able to adjust his drop-backs a bit ... maybe see if we had openings deep.

Did I say a quarter? That might be a bit generous on my part.