PDA

View Full Version : Albert should be moved to RG ASAP

kilobytes
10-04-2009, 11:13 PM
I know we gotta protect the QB's back by putting the better blockers on the left but Albert I hear is actually a guard. That right side is awful and Albert is better than anyone we put over there so why not put him over there? What we have now isn't working.

yashi
10-04-2009, 11:17 PM
I know we gotta protect the QB's back by putting the better blockers on the left but Albert I hear is actually a guard. That right side is awful and Albert is better than anyone we put over there so why not put him over there? What we have now isn't working.

We don't have anyone to put at LT if he's moved to RG. LT is the most important position in football.

kilobytes
10-04-2009, 11:20 PM
We don't have anyone to put at LT if he's moved to RG. LT is the most important position in football.
Sign someone

matthewschiefs
10-04-2009, 11:20 PM

I think it would be an ok move. If hes better RG move him there its not like hes lighting the world on fire at lt.

kilobytes
10-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Plus he would feel much more comfortable and it would be a little easier for him.

wolfpack
10-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Leave Albert were he is. Try moving Ndukwe to rg were he belongs.

pbatrucker
10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Leave Albert were he is. Try moving Ndukwe to rg were he belongs.
:bananen_smilies046:

Seek
10-05-2009, 01:06 PM
If there was an availalble LT out there better than Albert, I would be absolutely chapped in the pants because the Chiefs were to ingnorant to already sign him.

Fact of the matter, moving Albert to RG or even RT is making a bigger hole at LT. The next guy availalbe is Richardson, who couldn't even make it at RT. I don't doubt that Alberts gets moved next year, once we have a chance to either draft or replace him in free agency.

isht_starter
10-05-2009, 01:32 PM

Albert played LG at Virginia because D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Eugene Monroe played LT and there was no reason for Albert to be moved. The feeling across most scouts and draft boards was that Albert had the skill-set to play LT in the NFL. If the Chiefs move Albert from his left tackle spot, they make the offensive line worse because nobody on the roster can fill Albert's spot.

Sign someone

It's week 4 and you think there are capable starting left tackles just sitting out there? Quarterback and blind-side tackles are the two most sought after positions on offense and there's no way starting left tackles are available.

Talent and continuity are the two most important factors for a solid offensive line. The Chiefs are lacking on talent, but moreso on continuity. They have had a revolving door on the right side of the line and until they settle on 5 starters week after week they won't develop a rapport with one another so they can work as a unit.

texaschief
10-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Y'all have to remember also that Haley made Albert drop a ton of weight that he's having to learn how to compensate for. He used to be able to rely on his size and now Haley is forcing him to focus on technique, rather than raw ability. Like I said in another thread, this is Albert's THIRD offensive system in less than 12 months as an NFL starter.

If y'all are going to preach patience with the coaching staff, you have to show the same patience with the young players. That INCLUDES the rookies brought in this year, TC!! :D

josh1971
10-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Y'all have to remember also that Haley made Albert drop a ton of weight that he's having to learn how to compensate for. He used to be able to rely on his size and now Haley is forcing him to focus on technique, rather than raw ability. Like I said in another thread, this is Albert's THIRD offensive system in less than 12 months as an NFL starter.

If y'all are going to preach patience with the coaching staff, you have to show the same patience with the young players. That INCLUDES the rookies brought in this year, TC!! :D

Quoted for truth.

And to add to that, they should be considering putting in Alleman as well. Goff hasn't exactly been throwing defenses around, so let Alleman have a week to prove what he can do. I think Ryan O'Callaghan will be interesting to watch.

Let's let Albert alone and let him get into sync with Waters in this offense for this year at LT.

jb

Seek
10-05-2009, 06:35 PM

Excuses. He isn't getting beat because people are running threw him. They are just plain out running around him.

chief31
10-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Quoted for truth.

And to add to that, they should be considering putting in Alleman as well. Goff hasn't exactly been throwing defenses around, so let Alleman have a week to prove what he can do. I think Ryan O'Callaghan will be interesting to watch.

Let's let Albert alone and let him get into sync with Waters in this offense for this year at LT.

jb

Agreed.

First, as so many have already mentioned, there is noone else.

Second, while he has looked bad, he may yet be able to adjust and become a LT.

I am all for playing the top-rated OG in his class at OG, I feel like it was something that should have been done immediately.

He was the best OG in the country, that many thought could play OT.

If you are drafting a guy that people think can play OT, then you do that in the third round, or later.

Albert is my favorite current Chief's player. But I believe that he needs to play where he has shown the ability to succeed.

Since that can't really happen right now, then I hope he can overcome all of the problems and mold into a great LT.

kilobytes
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Agreed.

First, as so many have already mentioned, there is noone else.

Second, while he has looked bad, he may yet be able to adjust and become a LT.

I am all for playing the top-rated OG in his class at OG, I feel like it was something that should have been done immediately.

He was the best OG in the country, that many thought could play OT.

If you are drafting a guy that people think can play OT, then you do that in the third round, or later.

Albert is my favorite current Chief's player. But I believe that he needs to play where he has shown the ability to succeed.

Since that can't really happen right now, then I hope he can overcome all of the problems and mold into a great LT.
True but they should have found an LT during the offseason last year and even this year. Too late now.

LGS
10-08-2009, 09:07 AM

1. Quarterback
2. Left Tackle

yashi
10-08-2009, 10:04 AM
1. Quarterback
2. Left Tackle

It's a chicken or the egg type thing. JaMarcus Russell could have any LT in the league and still be terrible. Drew Brees can't be great if he's in the hospital because Jared Allen smashed his head into the ground.

kilobytes
10-08-2009, 05:41 PM
It's a chicken or the egg type thing. JaMarcus Russell could have any LT in the league and still be terrible. Drew Brees can't be great if he's in the hospital because Jared Allen smashed his head into the ground.
Jamarcus Russel is absolutely killing the entire Raiders team. There really is no most important position because you need all of them. I will say the most underrated is FB.

Coach
10-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Goff should not be starting.

chief31
10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
1. Quarterback
2. Left Tackle

1. LT
2. RT
3.RG
4. LG
5. C
6. QB

The offensive line is only as strong as it's weakest link.

With a strong o-line, even no-names like Trent Green and Matt Cassel can look like stars.

Plus they can make no-names like Priest Holmes, Eddie Kennison and Larry Johnson look like stars.

An offensive line can make, or break, your entire passing game, as well as your entire running game.

Every QB, HB and WR is dependant upon their o-line. Lottery-rare are those who can shine in-spite-of a poor o-line. (Barry Sanders, Dan Marino) And just as rare are those who actually get their o-line to play better. (Peyton Manning)

I'll take the star o-line, with schmoes at QB,HB, and WR. You take those position stars and a handful of schmoes on your o-line.

And after one season, you will think that you had the schmoes at QB, WR and HB, and I just happened across a handful of 'hidden gems'.

It's all about the o-line and the blocking scheme.:D

brish
10-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Goff should not be starting.

Any word on why Alleman or Ndukwe hasn't replaced him yet?

The obvious guess would be that they aren't an upgrade.. Byt maybe some of you fine gents have heard anything?

Im a little surprised that I haven't even heard anything about Alleman.. I had expectedd him to threaten Niswanger at C..

chief31
10-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Any word on why Alleman or Ndukwe hasn't replaced him yet?

The obvious guess would be that they aren't an upgrade.. Byt maybe some of you fine gents have heard anything?

Im a little surprised that I haven't even heard anything about Alleman.. I had expectedd him to threaten Niswanger at C..

I am disapointed with Goff, myself. And, while half of his appearent short-comings can be excused by having to play RG as well as part of the C and RT positions, he has not looked good in situations where he has been left going head to head either.

I don't know that we have anyone who could do any better, considering the deficiencies on either side of that position. So I am hoping that he will start to get more comfortable with his job, and start to become more stable.

However, if Haley's ofensive design is flawed to the running game, as it was in Arizona, then Goff may be entirely out of place within this offense.

I am just going to cross my fingers and hope that we don't have to find a RG this offseason.

josh1971
10-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I am disapointed with Goff, myself. [snip]

I don't know that we have anyone who could do any better, considering the deficiencies on either side of that position. So I am hoping that he will start to get more comfortable with his job, and start to become more stable.

It's one of those things where at some point, Haley needs to do what he's always talking about, and put the best guys on the field that give us a chance to win. If that means trying Alleman at RG for one game, give it a shot! It's not like our O-line can get THAT much worse.

jb

Coach
10-10-2009, 10:55 PM
It amazes me that the Chiefs can't put together a better o-line. The difference in talent between a starter and a backup in the NFL is usually razor thin.

Yet our o-line is getting repeatedly embarassed.

yashi
10-10-2009, 11:24 PM
It amazes me that the Chiefs can't put together a better o-line. The difference in talent between a starter and a backup in the NFL is usually razor thin.

That's why I think it's more the coaching of the offensive line than the personnel.

kilobytes
10-10-2009, 11:50 PM

Theres no reason why these guys can't block. They are big and strong COME ON:mob:

matthewschiefs
10-10-2009, 11:50 PM
That's why I think it's more the coaching of the offensive line than the personnel.

Thats probley part of it. Hailey seems to be completly diffrent from herm its going to take time for adjustments from the player to be made. Hopefuly thats what it is anyway.

kilobytes
10-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Oh look. Wade Smith played descent over at LT. I don't know if he is any better but I think Albert will be better off at RG. So now we move Albert over to RG. My prophecies are starting to come true all along but no one listens....