PDA

View Full Version : **Official Draft Discussion**

texaschief
10-05-2009, 01:34 AM
As the year goes on and the team needs become more apparent and the college talent begins to sort itself out, we can update this thread to our liking.

texaschief
10-05-2009, 01:34 AM
The Chiefs, Browns, Lions, and Rams look like they're gonna be fighting it out for the top 4 spots. You might even throw the Raiders in there to round out the top 5.

The Chiefs are 0-4 and have been outscored 112-64 by opponents with a combined record of 10-5. Third toughest schedule thus far out of these 5. Chiefs have 3 winnable games left with the Redskins, Raiders, and Browns left to play. Realistically, I think they'll lose two of those three. I just haven't seen enough offense to think they could compete with the Redskins and Browns. They MIGHT be able to repeat their performance against the Raiders and actually WIN this time... the problem is that its IN Oakland. Final record of 1-15.

The Browns are 0-4 have been outscored 118-49 by opponents with a combined record of 13-2. Toughest schedule thus far out of these 5. The Browns have 3 winnable games left with the Chiefs, Raiders, and Lions left to play. I think they'll win 2 of those 3. They don't have enough to beat the Lions. Final record of 2-14.

The Rams are 0-4 and have been outscored 108-24 by opponents with a combined record of 8-7. Tied for easiest schedule thus far of these 5. The Rams have 3 winnable games left on their schedule against the Lions, Seahawks, and 49ers. I honestly can't see the Rams winning any of these games. They're going to upset somebody to win at least one game this year. Final record of 1-15.

The Lions are 1-3 and have been outscored 134-83 by opponents with a combined record of 12-3. 2nd toughest schedule thus far out of these 5. The Lions have 4 winnable games left on their schedule against the Rams, Seahawks, Browns, and 49ers. I think they'll win 3 of those 4. They fall to the 49ers. Final record of 4-12.

The Raiders are 1-3 and have been outscored 86-42 by opponents with a combined record of 8-7. Tied for easiest schedule thus far of these 5. The Raiders have 3 winnable games left on their roster against the Chiefs, Redskins, and Browns. I think they'll lose 2 of those three and finish 2-14.

Draft order:
Rams (easier schedule)
Chiefs
Raiders
Browns
Lions

So, there we are. Sitting at #2. Here's my first group of players to look at for the first 3 rounds. (Players available according to Scout.com)

1st round-
Russell Okung- OT, Ok. St. If we're going to build this team around Matt Cassel, we need to protect him. Bottomline. Drafting Branden Albert was a good start, but lets continue. Draft and sign as many great OL players as possible, then figure out where to put those players and in what combination they work best. (will be available due to the Rams' drafting of Jason Smith in 09.

Taylor Mays- S, USC- Widely considered the best defensive player in the country and the best safety to come out since Sean Taylor. There's reason for and against this pick. Both sides are pretty obvious. Still, he's a defensive play-maker that we just don't have right now.

NT- There are three interchangeable NTs available in this draft. Gerald McCoy of OU, Terrance Cody of Alabama, and Ndamukong Suh of Nebraska. I think Tank is doing fine at NT, but he's no Casey Hampton.

2nd round-

Germaine Gresham- TE, OU The best TE in this draft will be coming off a senior season in which he did not participate due to injury. He will probably still be on the board after the first round. This offense utilized the TE and it's essential to have a great one... not a Leonard Pope. Scout has him in the first, but he's gonna fall due to injury.

2nd pick round 2-
Sergio Kendell-OLB/DE, Texas (See Eric Norwood)
George Selvie-OLB/DE, South FL. (See Eric Norwood)
Offensive Line
Mike Johnson-G, Alabama
Mitch Petrus-G, Arkansas
Kyle Calloway-OT, Iowa
Bruce Campbell-OT, Maryland

3rd round-
Ciron Black-OT, LSU he Chiefs continue to build their O-line and protect their Cassel investment.
Matt Tenant-C, BC (see above)
Jon Jerry-G, Ole Miss (see above)

Of course, without knowing what we do during this impending un-capped free agency this winter, my four round mock TODAY is:

1 (2)- Russell Okung, OT- This is a tough decision because we've made Albert lose a ton of weight and have made him focus on technique instead of just going out and playing on his raw ability like he did his rookie season. He's had to adjust to his loss of weight and is basically going through a second rookie season and 3rd offensive system in less than one full year. So, it's hard to say if he's a true franchise LT. But, like I said above, we've invested a lot in Matt Cassel and need to give him the best chance to succeed. That "best chance" involves moving the versatile Albert inside to play guard while taking the best value in a TRUE franchise LT at #2.

2 (34)- Germaine Gresham, TE- Again, continue building the OL and giving Matt Cassel the best chance to succeed by giving him a great TE who can block and give him a great go-to target on 3rd down and in the red-zone.

2 (50's)- Bruce Campbell, OT- This pick is assuming O'Callghan doesn't claim the RT job during the remainder of the season. Other wise, this pick would be the best WR available, which we'll say is going to be Arrelious Benn from Illinois for the sake of putting a name to it.

3 (66)- Eric Norwood, OLB/DE- A nasty-fast pass rusher that would be our version of Shawn Merriman in the 3-4. He would allow Hali or Vrabel to move inside and thus completing the LB corp for 2010 or at least until Vrabel becomes obsolete.

4 (97)- Myron Rolle, SS- Probably the smartest player in the draft. Awarded the Rhodes scholarship, he's not playing in 2009 due to his attendance at Oxford. He announced in Jan. that he'd be entering the draft in 2010. Pioli wants smart players...

4 (112) The Tyler Thigpen trade becomes a boon for the Chiefs as he delivers in a big way in Miami and nets the Chiefs a 5th round pick. Pioli then trades his first 5th round pick to get back into the 4th round.

LeGarrette Blount, RB- A gamble on a low-character guy in hopes that he learned his lesson. I think it shows to his humbleness, acceptance, and maturity that he's accepting the punishment given to him by Oregon and not transferring to a D-II school just to play. If he had a good season, not necessarily great, but just a good season at Oregon, he probably would've gone in the first round, if not been the first RB taken. LJ could very well be gone after this season and we're going to need a REAL RB back there to take over. I think it's worth the risk and the low-cost 4th round contract if it doesn't work out.

Assuming we don't find starters in FA or later in the draft, the O-line looks like this:
LT-Okung
LG-Waters
C-Goff
RG-Albert
RT-O'Callghan/Campbell

I'd consider moving Waters to the right side so that Albert and Okung could develop together and lock down that blind side for the next decade while letting our best O-lineman help out the young RT.

Front defensive 7 are:
DE-Jackson, Dorsey
NT-Tank
OLB-Hali, Norwood
ILB-DJ, Vrabel

b-dolo
10-05-2009, 03:23 AM
I would like to see them upgrade or at least add some depth at the corner position. someone like joe haden(florida), Javier Arenas(alabama) or stephan virgil(vtech)

texaschief
10-05-2009, 04:27 AM
I like Arenas. I've seen him play a few times. I just think Carr is good enough to be a #2 corner. You don't need two top tier CBs like Flowers.

Three7s
10-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Just a tidbit, the 49ers are definitely not winnable for the Rams. They look for real to me.

pbatrucker
10-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Good post!!! Okung is the top rated OT. Suh is the number 1 player on many draft boards and Mays at 6'3 and 238 is going to be one hell of a OLB in a 3-4 defense.

yashi
10-05-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Okung needs to be our 1st pick next year. I'd also LOVE to pick up Kindle in the 2nd if he's there. He'd be great opposite Hali and would improve our pass rush immediately.

Ideally I'd also want to pick up a center either in the draft or free agency. Goff kind of sucks.

Suh is too small to play NT and I'm not a big fan of Cody's work ethic. I think we should either stick with Tank or look elsewhere.

texaschief
10-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Okung needs to be our 1st pick next year. I'd also LOVE to pick up Kindle in the 2nd if he's there. He'd be great opposite Hali and would improve our pass rush immediately.

Ideally I'd also want to pick up a center either in the draft or free agency. Goff kind of sucks.

Suh is too small to play NT and I'm not a big fan of Cody's work ethic. I think we should either stick with Tank or look elsewhere.

I think Okung needs to be the pick for the same reason I thought a LT should've been the pick in 2009. No other player represented the greatest value at that pick. Aaron Curry is doing his best to prove me wrong, however. But Scott Pioli showed he gives less of crap about value than probably any other GM in the league when he took TJ at #3 this past draft.

I'm a big Longhorn fan. I think we could find a comparable player to Kindle later in the draft. I think he's getting attention because he plays for Texas and has the task of filling in for Orakpo. I think Gresham would have to be the pick if he's still on the board in the 2nd.

texaschief
10-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Good post!!! Okung is the top rated OT. Suh is the number 1 player on many draft boards and Mays at 6'3 and 238 is going to be one hell of a OLB in a 3-4 defense.

I don't know if I'd put him at OLB. You'd be taking a phenomenal athlete at the Safety position and making him an average LB. The guy is HUGE in the secondary and has CB speed. Leave him in the back to destroy and ball hawk.

yashi
10-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm a big fan of Eric Berry. I see him as the next Ed Reed making crazy interceptions all over the place for big returns. I'd love to have a guy like that on our team also, but yeah, nothing would make us better than having a stud LT and being able to move Albert inside.

texaschief
10-05-2009, 03:51 PM
I just have this feeling that if Haley is still the head coach, that Pioli is gonna go all Al Davis on us and draft a WR.

yashi
10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
I just have this feeling that if Haley is still the head coach, that Pioli is gonna go all Al Davis on us and draft a WR.

Well he passed on a LT already with an OL in shambles so we shouldn't be surprised if he does it again.

rodu
10-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't follow college football, but I'd be tempted to draft OL with our first three picks

AkChief49
10-05-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't follow college football, but I'd be tempted to draft OL with our first three picks
if we had drafted just one OL in the top three picks over the last three years we would not be having this discussion. but I agree with ya, OL!

texaschief
10-13-2009, 02:06 PM
We just picked up a 5th rounder for Thigpen (as expected by most of us)

Mort: Chiefs' Compensation in Thigpen Trade Is a 5th Round*Pick - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/10/13/1082480/mort-chiefs-compensation-in#storyjump)

yashi
10-13-2009, 02:32 PM
In my opinion our 3 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft should be a Safety, Left Tackle, and pass rusher DE/OLB. I think our line is a big time draft pick, free agent signing, and some shifting around (and better blocking schemes) away from being a million times better. Obviously I wouldn't hesitate to use more picks on the OL later on, but I would use the first 3 picks on these positions.

At this point I go one of two routes:

A.
S - Eric Berry
DE/OLB - Sergio Kindle/Eric Norwood/Greg Hardy
OT - Ciron Black

B.
OT - Russell Okung
DE/OLB - Sergio Kindle/Eric Norwood/Greg Hardy
S - Chad Jones or Myron Rolle maybe?

pbatrucker
10-13-2009, 02:51 PM
I don't know if I'd put him at OLB. You'd be taking a phenomenal athlete at the Safety position and making him an average LB. The guy is HUGE in the secondary and has CB speed. Leave him in the back to destroy and ball hawk. I know what you mean. I've seen a couple of draft boards that have mentioned him at rush LB in a 3-4 and I'm desperate to get someone that can actually get to the QB.

brish
10-13-2009, 02:58 PM
In my opinion our 3 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft should be a Safety, Left Tackle, and pass rusher DE/OLB. I think our line is a big time draft pick, free agent signing, and some shifting around (and better blocking schemes) away from being a million times better. Obviously I wouldn't hesitate to use more picks on the OL later on, but I would use the first 3 picks on these positions.

I agree those 3 positions are needed.

We need O linemen for sure, but we also need someone to take the place of Vrabel and Brown, these guys are just stop gaps, and might not be here next year.
High on my wishlist is also a Center and a deep threat WR.

So my list would look something like this.

1.: OT
2.: OLB / WR / C
2.: WR / C / OLB
3.: S
4.: G

The two 2nd rounders: Ideally I would take the best players available with the 3 positions i mentioned.

josh1971
10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm going to have to agree with the folks saying that our #1 should be Russell Okung. Just reading up on the kid, this looks like it could pay some dividends.

We need to start getting some weapons to win the trench war.

jb

honda522
10-13-2009, 09:23 PM
I think this has been posted too early.

josh1971
10-13-2009, 11:16 PM
I think this has been posted too early.

Nah, it's good therapy to talk about positive, uplifting stuff until we start winning games. :bananen_smilies046:

Bike
10-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Assuming we don't find starters in FA or later in the draft, the O-line looks like this:
LT-Okung
LG-Waters
C-Goff
RG-Albert
RT-O'Callghan/Campbell

Nice analysis TC but I really don't think Waters or Goff will be on this team next year. We need OL BAD...

texaschief
10-14-2009, 03:13 AM
Nice analysis TC but I really don't think Waters or Goff will be on this team next year. We need OL BAD...

Yeah, I'd rather see Albert next to the new LT and let them work together on the left side for the next 10 years. I'd love a new Center and RG in the late 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Bike
10-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I'd rather see Albert next to the new LT and let them work together on the left side for the next 10 years. I'd love a new Center and RG in the late 2nd and 3rd rounds.
As bad as we need Okung and to fill the rest of the ol, Taylor Mays would definetly fill a need and he's a helluva player. I'd have to take him...
I'd probably take Benn with our 2nd.
The rest of the draft and FA I'd fill the ol/rb/lb spots.
Some may say I got this assbackwards. But man we got so many needs - same as the last couple drafts...

texaschief
10-15-2009, 04:50 PM
My week 6 mock:

1-Russell Okung LT
2-Germaine Gresham TE
2-George Selvie OLB/DE
3-Matt Tenant C
4-Myron Rolle SS
5-LeGarret Blount RB
5-Brandon Carter OG

yashi
10-15-2009, 05:10 PM
My week 6 mock:

1-Russell Okung LT
2-Germaine Gresham TE
2-George Selvie OLB/DE
3-Matt Tenant C
4-Myron Rolle SS
5-LeGarret Blount RB
5-Brandon Carter OG

Blount's a little scary but a good player to take a flyer on and Selvie's been a huge disappoint since his sophomore year, but I like it other than that. I'm more of an Eric Norwood guy myself. Also Jerry Hughes for TCU is a sack monster, though in a lesser conference.

BTW, did you see the player comparison on this site for Gresham?

WalterFootball.com: 2010 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Jermaine Gresham (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010jgresham.php)

Can't go wrong with that.

texaschief
10-15-2009, 05:21 PM
yeah, I'm a huge UT fan and it kills me to say it, but he's a great TE prospect as long as his injuries aren't chronic.

Selvie reminds me of Jevon Kearse. He's just a freak of an athlete.

I wouldn't take Blount any higher than the third round. Apparently he's coming back and playing again this season, so I wonder if he'll even be available in the third. But personally, I think he's too big of a character risk to take higher than in the third round. If he's available in the 5th, I think it's a no-brainer.

fairladyZ
10-15-2009, 10:22 PM
i want nothing to do with blount... I'm from Boise and watched the events... The fact that police officers grabbing him, his coaches and teammates grabbing him and also punching a teammate and he just would not stop. No way i want him on this team.

jap1
10-16-2009, 01:54 AM

At this point I would love to see a great LT and Albert on the interior because I think he would be a beast there. Im just afraid that if we move him around next year, it will set him back.

pbatrucker
10-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Let's not forget Brown who is on the mysterious IR. They were playing him at guard during camp. I'm hoping he can take Goffs spot. One tackle and a center could be a complete make over.

Bike
10-20-2009, 07:24 PM
1. Taylor Mays - S
I think we will win another 4 games or more this year and don't think Okung or Berry will be on the board..
2. Anthony Davis - OT
2. Mike Iupati - OG
3. Micah Johnson - ILB

wichitaj
10-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Mark Ingram or Julio Jones

DT14PRIEST
10-20-2009, 10:29 PM
With a late 2nd or a 3rd round choice I'd definitely roll my dice on Anthony McCoy from USC he reminds me of a cross between Antonio Gates/Shannon Sharpe except bigger and more athletic in space.

or

Tony Moeaki from Iowa. He’s a massive specimen of a man and is a well established blocker with the ability to split the seam and make plays down field if asked to.

So if I had to go 1,2,2,3

1 - Eric Berry/Taylor Mays - FS/SS (we need a home run play maker on defense with this pick)
2 - Cirion Black - LT (we need to solidify our O-Line)
2 - Anthony McCoy - TE (we need a reliable big man down field as well as dependable blocker in the run game)
3 - Matt Tenant - C (we need a TRUE captain of the O-Line directing traffic)

DT14PRIEST
10-20-2009, 10:41 PM
As for everything else...

4 - Josh Byrnes - ILB (fills the need for a complete ILB)
5 - Aaron Morgan - OLB/DE (a raw/violent pass rusher from a small school that could turn into a real gem)
5 - Vladimir Ducasse - OG (depth selection with the possibility to push for a starting roll his first year)

KottkeKU
10-21-2009, 06:45 PM
im wth you on the TE from USC....that guy looks like he is going to be ridiculous, i would love to have him on my team, especially for a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick...

OPLookn
10-22-2009, 06:10 PM
So here's another wrench for your monkey... Do you see Pioli packaging together say one of our 2nd's, one of our 5ths and say another low round pick for a second 1st rounder or something? I don't know the correct number of picks needed for another 1st but it wouldn't suprize me if there is a player that they want that's still on the board late in the 1st round.

I would LOVE to see Okung (LT) and (Gresham) TE on our team. It would immediately solidify the line even more and give us Gonzo-like hands on a TE again. Before anyone crucifies me I did say "like" for his hands. I'll also throw out there that I want to take a microscopic look at this guys knee to see there's not lasting damage.

We spent a huge chunk of last years draft on defense and I think this year we need to turn around and do the same thing on the offense. Let's give Cassel some protection and someone to throw at!

brish
10-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I'd rather have a WR than a TE tbh..

yashi
10-22-2009, 06:27 PM
I'd rather have Eric Mays and the best LT available.

brish
10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
I'd rather have Eric Mays and the best LT available.

Im not saying draft a WR in the first round, I just think our need for a deep threat WR is bigger than a TE.

We also need a Safety and all the oline help we can get. I just can't decide which I want to pick first, probably the best athlete of the two positions.

josh1971
10-22-2009, 08:44 PM
So how many actual picks do we have at this point? We've picked up so many in trades and deals, I'm finding it hard to keep track. :D

wichitaj
10-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Tim Tebow would make a good tight end.

Hayvern
10-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Pretty much anyone that is not 315 pounds and 6'8" tall need not apply.

jason1981
10-23-2009, 06:37 PM
i think we should draft a true LT and move albert to gaurd.

Hayvern
10-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Big blubbering mounds of flesh. Huge rib eating monstrous men (or women) who need dump trucks to be moved.

This draft needs to be all about getting this team the maximum weight gain possible.

Chiefster
10-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Big blubbering mounds of flesh. Huge rib eating monstrous men (or women) who need dump trucks to be moved.

This draft needs to be all about getting this team the maximum weight gain possible.

Found him!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/10/43.jpg

Chief Tyler
10-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Here's my draft thinking as it stands right now:

1. Eric Berry - S
2a. Charles Brown - T - Good zone-blocking prospect to complement Albert.
2b. Arrelious Benn - WR - He's falling far due to crappy QB play. If not this guy then Terrence Cody, replacing my 3rd round with somebody else. If both are gone, best LB, OL, or RB available.
3. Boo Robinson - DT
4. Jim Cordle - C
5a. Brandon Banks - WR - Kick returner, he has to be on the radar after what he's done thus far. Interesting slot option too if he gets better hands.
5b. Anthony Dixon - RB - Bruiser

chiefsfan131
10-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Based on the games we've played and how we've gone about playing them, here is how I think our 2010 draft should look like:

Round 1: Eric Berry S, Tennessee
Round 2: Arrelious Benn WR, Illinois
Round 2: Bryan Bulaga OT, Iowa
Round 3: Eric Norwood OLB, South Carolina
Round 4: Noel Devine RB, West Virginia
Round 5: Jordan Shipley WR, Texas
Round 6: Eric Olsen OG, Notre Dame
Round 7: Cody Slate TE, Marshall

Reasons for those picks:

Round 1: Honestly guys I understand that he may not come out and that he'll be in the discussion for the #1 overall spot but, seriously this guy is a MAN.
I have watched just about each and every moment of our chiefs games and from what I've seen we lack 1 overall factor, 1 thing that sets us apart from the other 31 teams in the league, and 1 thing that almost every other team has that we don't. No it isn't someone on our extremely poor O line, and it's not a player that will be a HOF'er some day. We lack that player that when he's on the field you get that warm feeling inside sitting in the frozen stands of the stadium and say to yourself: We've got a chance. Basically we lack someone that scares people, that makes the other glance at him even if he's broken his leg and is begging to get back into the game. Eric Berry is that someone, he's a playmaker, ball hawk, Ed Reed clone, monster hitter, and most importantly a really good guy. I mean for god sakes guys D-Bo is really talented and Derrick Johnson is an all pro, and even Matt is starting to look good. However, it's time to draft someone that will make an impact from day one, someone that like I said scares the daylights out of receivers when they go up for the ball. After all that gushing about EB you must be thinking I root for the Vols right? Wrong. Crimson Tide hardcore fan speaking to ya, WTF. NO WAY! Haha yep, so just keep in mind I've seen the guy play a lot and I know his style inside and out practially. Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 1.

Round 2: I get the fact that this is extremely unlikely and that he also may not declare for the draft however, people need to see this kid play. My goodness I don't think I've seen a more underrated and untalked about player. I've seen him in tons of mock drafts go in the 1st round to the 3rd. I'll be on my hands and knees praying that these first two picks work out and call me a dreamer but, this pick is a good dream to have. Benn is the type of reciever that makes plays without killing himself. He's got a winning attitude even though he plays on a team that is never gonna finish above 12th in the Big 11. (LOL get it? 12th in the Big 11? No...OUCH sorry Illinois fan. Geez I was only joking.) Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 2 (pick1).

Round 2: YAY YAY! I know right? Finally some help for that hard to watch, getting worse everyday, sloppy, and who the hell is playing our right tackle filled offensive line. Okay we'll most of that was true and the fact is we need some serious help up front. They say defense wins championships right? We'll they do and I'm not one to go against that statement but, wow I think that the O line at least needs some attention. Whether your making a run at the Super Bowl or like us your attempting the always fan dreaded rebuliding project your offensive line needs addressing.
Bulaga is another guy who could remain for his senior season and he's the guy that I'm most scared will do just that. Hopefully if Iowa makes the Rose Bowl or something he'll understand that there is simply a 1 - 500 chance that Iowa has another season like that in the near future. He's big, mean, powerful, and very smart. I hear ya people, not too many Chiefs players that fit that discription huh? Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 2 (pick2).

Round 3:
Assistant: ''Sir he's doing it again''
SEC Commish: ''Doing what?''
Assistant: ''Sir he's talking about another really good player in the conference that's not on his favorite team?
SEC Commish: ''Dear god...Smith just...No Smith...get him offline as quick as possible please''.

Seriously that's the reaction I expect to get when I talk about Eric Norwood. Please spare it though, again I watch SEC games like I drink water so I know how good he is. Just realize that I'm at least somewhat knowledgeable when I'm discussing SEC players. Now I'm not one to throw facts, stats and junk like that at people. Well, actually yes I am but you've really got to hear this one. During his collegiate career, he has recorded more tackles for losses and more sacks than than any player in school history. That's not a bad place to be considering some of the players that came through SC and some of the great SEC linebackers. I understand everyone's argument that's likely to spring up. You know the one that the includes him not being an impact player right away or that we have plenty of linebackers. Okay don't kid yourself with the last one, we may have plenty but, plently of players that make you stop and say: ''Which little college did he go to?''. Bottom line is, this pick is about depth and depth is something above all else (even Eric Berry) that I think we need. Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 3.

Round 4: Dwarfs, little people, tiny, stumpy, and of course midget. Offensive? Unsettling? Mean? Yes those words could be used to describe that list of names that are often said of short(er) people. Now I highly doubt that Noel Devine has been called any of those names but, with the way people talk about him you might think he has. Listed on most sites at 5'8 176 lbs, Devine has always been considered that little guy. The player that is super fast, has a big heart, yet sadly can't handle the NFL's grind. Guess what fellow Chiefs fans? Neither can half the players on our team, ouch yep I bet that one stung a bit. Didn't think I'd go there did ya? Well I did and for good reasons. Devine runs around a 4.34 dash time. Guys come on pick up your jaws I know we haven't seen that kind of speed on our team since the 40's but come on your embarrasing us. He's tough, durable, and he's a flat out spark plug. He may never be more than a 2nd down pitch to the outside runner but, my goodness who the heck else do we have on the team that is? *Crickets chip* Didn't think so, I think it's time we pull an Al Davis and grab the guy that has the fastest combine time for once. Sssh I only said You-Know-Who's name to get my point across, you can uncover the children's eyes now.
Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 4.

Round 5: Phew we've made to the fifth round and we're actually doing pretty darn good with this one. It's about to get even better and it starts with the Chiefs picking a guy who can line up and be an actual slot reciever. No offense to Bobby Wade but, we need some actual talent. I'm not saying Jordan's gonna make us better at the position, I'm just saying it'd be nice to have a guy that played six years of college football. Why the dark looks? That's more than about 20 players on our current roster played in colege. He's fast, has decent hands, and best of all he comes to us with a winning attitude. Playing for a guy like Mack Brown who is the CF version of Dan Synder means that he's used to playing with guys that are winners and that's a type of edge we need on KC's team. Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 5.

Round 6: Toughness. A word that used to describe the way we saw our team play football. It's currently being used to descibe our head coach and I think it's time he drafted a player that resembles him. Eric Olsen may not wow anyone with his physical pressence (although he should) and he may not be the Russel Okung of the draft. However he has a great attitude about himself, decent blocking skills, and he'd be a fine addition to that stinky offensive line we put on the field. I mean just look at his photo, cave man anyone? He's someone that I think if we get into training camp right away could develop into a solid #2 behind Brian Waters (who on a side note I hope to god we trade or release, god dude seriously we don't like you either so stfu). Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 6.

Round 7: Quick, someone name our 2009 starting TE's? No grandpa TG got traded to Atlanta, and no Vols fan it's not Brad Cottam. Sean Ryan and a few other hobos are who we've decided to line up alongside the O line. Not pretty is it? Cody Slate is another one of those players that about half the country outside of West Virgina have never heard of. There a number of reasons as to why that may be true but, it's time to wake up. He's got skills and although like many other players his stats won't reflect his play he's does a lot for his team. I don't doubt that this will be DraftZoo's worst pick for us but, I don't really care. I've seen him play more than once and I like what I see. Yes guys he's another risk...a risk that might just crazy enough to work. Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 7.

The above comments, statements, and quirkiness are just my opinions. I wholeheartedly never intended to offend or insult anyone with what I said. So please if you like humor, and some ragging on a team we all love check out the post. Just what I think and even though half of that won't happen it can't hurt to exaggerate a little bit right?

:funnypost:

Hayvern
10-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Found him!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/10/43.jpg

Sign him up!

pbatrucker
10-24-2009, 06:24 AM
RD 1- Okung OT, only I move Albert to RT, then we have bookends for a few years.
RD 2- Eric Decker WR, the most NFL ready WR in the draft, not a burner but does everthing well, he even blocks.
RD 2- Jordan Shipley WR, Burner play maker and return man
RD 3- Johnson OG, could come in and start right away.. Looks real good in the middle of the Alabama OL.
Rounds 4 thru six I'm undecided although there are two return men who will probally be available in the 6th round, they run 4.27 and 4.28 and could be worth a look.

chief31
10-25-2009, 06:30 PM
RD 1- Okung OT, only I move Albert to RT, then we have bookends for a few years.
RD 2- Eric Decker WR, the most NFL ready WR in the draft, not a burner but does everthing well, he even blocks.
RD 2- Jordan Shipley WR, Burner play maker and return man
RD 3- Johnson OG, could come in and start right away.. Looks real good in the middle of the Alabama OL.
Rounds 4 thru six I'm undecided although there are two return men who will probally be available in the 6th round, they run 4.27 and 4.28 and could be worth a look.

How do we have "bookends for a few years" with that? Brandon Albert is a top-flight OG prospect, and a very generic OT prospect.

texaschief
01-09-2010, 08:37 PM
My CHIEFS mock 2.0 (January 9th)

First Round:
1. Rams- DT-Suh
2. Lions- DT-McCoy
3. Bucs- S-Eric Berry
4. Redskins- QB-Bradford
5. CHIEFS- ILB- Rolando McClain

Second Round:
36. CHIEFS- TE-Jermaine Gresham
50. CHIEFS (From Atlanta)-OT-Kyle Calloway

Third Round:
68. CHIEFS- WR-Jordan Shipley

Fourth Round-
99. CHIEFS- OLB/DE- Sergio Kindle

Fifth Round-
133. CHIEFS-RB-LaGarret Blount
139. CHIEFS (From Miami)-S-Myron Rolle
145. CHIEFS (From Carolina)OG- Eric Olsen

Sixth Round-
164. CHIEFS-OG-Brandon Carter

1. Rolando McClain- ILB (Alabama)
It's obvious that the Chiefs at the VERY LEAST need one more ILB whether they keep Derrick Johnson or not. I'd like to see Johnson stay and team up with McClain in the middle. Linebackers were not a source of strength for the Chiefs this season and if Suh and Berry are off the board at #5, the best option available for the Chiefs would be McClain. I'm usually all for upgrading the Oline, but there just isn't that OT available at #5 that would be worth the pick. McClain is a better ILB prospect than Curry was last season and he's a born defensive leader... something this defense DESPERATELY needs. Vrabel may not even be back for next season and even if he is, he won't be here much longer. McClain is the best pick here assuming Suh or Berry do not fall.

2A.Jermaine Gresham-TE (Oklahoma)
I believed even before the season that Brad Cottam could be the future at the TE position for the Chiefs. Once given his opportunity later in the season, he began to prove me right. However, his season ending (possible career ending) vertebrae injury has put a serious question mark in that theory. So, if Gresham falls to the Chiefs in the 2nd round, it has to be a no-brain decision to grab him. Haley went through several TE's this season trying to find one that will work in his system. Gresham has all the abilities to be a top flight passing target with decent blocking skills.

2B. Kyle Calloway- OT (Iowa)
Addressing the offensive line in the 2nd round is essential to this team. Moving Calloway to the RT position puts the Chiefs in position to have their OT positions locked up for the foreseeable future. Albert should not be replaced at LT. He DID give up 9 sacks this season, but 7 of those were in the first 3 games while he was getting used to playing at his new weight and having to concentrate on fundamentals. The following 13 games, he just allowed 3 sacks. He showed improvement and also showed some nice run blocking once a real RB was in the backfield.

3. Jordan Shipley- WR (Texas)
If he is available, this is ALSO a no-brain decision. A PERFECT slot receiver. Sure handed, fast, quick, reliable... everything you could possibly want from a slot receiver. If this is going to be New England 2.0, consider Shipley, Welker 2.0.

4. Sergio Kindle- DE/OLB (Texas)
A BEAST on the outside. Could be this team's version of Shawn Merriman. The Chiefs will be looking for another OLB if they decide not to bring back Mike Vrabel who was a bit injury prone this past season. A linebacking corp of Hali, Williams, McClain, and Kindle would be one of the best... if not THE best in the league.

5A. LaGarret Blount- RB (Oregon)
A fifth round gamble on a player who was projected to be a first round pick before character issues became relevant. The NFL has seemed to require a change of pace in the backfield. Currently, the Chiefs have the lightning... Blount would bring the Thunder.

5B. Myron Rolle- S (Florida St.)
Could fall. If he had gone into the draft in 2009, he could've been a 2nd round pick. However, he became the Rhodes Scholar and took the year off from football. By FAR the smartest guy in the draft. The Chiefs need help at the Safety position. He's strong, fast, and physical to go along with the smarts. If Pioli gets the feeling that Rolle will still be available in the 5th round, he may even pass on Berry if he's available at #5. The combo of McClain/Rolle would be superior to any combo of Berry/5th rd ILB (Unless Spikes is available... which he won't be).

5C. Eric Olsen- OG (Notre Dame)
The Chiefs need help on the Oline. Instead of grabbing a sure-fire starting CENTER in the early rounds, the Chiefs could move Waters inside to Center and find starting guards in the 5th and 6th rounds. Eric Olsen at 6'5, 305. Has a reputation of being mean and aggressive. Played his junior year at Center and his senior year at LG. He could start at RG for the Chiefs next season.

6. Brandon Carter- (Texas Tech)
A 2008 first team All-American. He played OT, but will probably play OG at the next level. He would start IMMEDIATELY at LG next to Albert. This kid is one of the nastiest players in America. After having some nice guys on the line like Shields and Waters, it might be interesting to have a few guys on this line who would kick your mother in the mouth to gain a yard.

Offensive Line:
LT-Branden Albert
LG-Brandon Carter
C-Brian Waters
RG-Eric Olsen
RT-Kyle Calloway
TE-Jermaine Gresham

Linebackers:
LOLB-Sergio Kindle
LILB-Derrick Johnson
RILB-Rolando McClain
ROLB-Tamba Hali

Wide Receivers
Chris Chambers
Dwayne Bowe
Jordan Shipley
Bobby Wade

Safeties
Jarrad Page
Myron Rolle

Running Backs
Jamaal Charles
LaGarrett Blount

texaschief
01-09-2010, 09:12 PM
by the way, that wasn't a mock of what I think Pioli will necessarily do, but what I would do. Also, I don't think there's ANYWAY we get through the draft without drafting Terrence Cody from Alabama. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him as our first 2nd round pick. I WILL however, burn Arrowhead TO THE GROUND if he's our first round pick.

If we could get McClain/Cody with picks 1 and 2, and then Shipley/Kindle with picks 4 and 5, that could be something pretty interesting.

yashi
01-09-2010, 09:20 PM

First Round:
1. Rams- DT-Suh
2. Lions- DT-McCoy
3. Bucs- S-Eric Berry
4. Redskins- QB-Bradford

Second Round:

Third Round:

Fourth Round-

Fifth Round-

Sixth Round-

It's obvious that the Chiefs at the VERY LEAST need one more ILB whether they keep Derrick Johnson or not. I'd like to see Johnson stay and team up with McClain in the middle. Linebackers were not a source of strength for the Chiefs this season and if Suh and Berry are off the board at #5, the best option available for the Chiefs would be McClain. I'm usually all for upgrading the Oline, but there just isn't that OT available at #5 that would be worth the pick. McClain is a better ILB prospect than Curry was last season and he's a born defensive leader... something this defense DESPERATELY needs. Vrabel may not even be back for next season and even if he is, he won't be here much longer. McClain is the best pick here assuming Suh or Berry do not fall.

I believed even before the season that Brad Cottam could be the future at the TE position for the Chiefs. Once given his opportunity later in the season, he began to prove me right. However, his season ending (possible career ending) vertebrae injury has put a serious question mark in that theory. So, if Gresham falls to the Chiefs in the 2nd round, it has to be a no-brain decision to grab him. Haley went through several TE's this season trying to find one that will work in his system. Gresham has all the abilities to be a top flight passing target with decent blocking skills.

Addressing the offensive line in the 2nd round is essential to this team. Moving Calloway to the RT position puts the Chiefs in position to have their OT positions locked up for the foreseeable future. Albert should not be replaced at LT. He DID give up 9 sacks this season, but 7 of those were in the first 3 games while he was getting used to playing at his new weight and having to concentrate on fundamentals. The following 13 games, he just allowed 3 sacks. He showed improvement and also showed some nice run blocking once a real RB was in the backfield.

If he is available, this is ALSO a no-brain decision. A PERFECT slot receiver. Sure handed, fast, quick, reliable... everything you could possibly want from a slot receiver. If this is going to be New England 2.0, consider Shipley, Welker 2.0.

A BEAST on the outside. Could be this team's version of Shawn Merriman. The Chiefs will be looking for another OLB if they decide not to bring back Mike Vrabel who was a bit injury prone this past season. A linebacking corp of Hali, Williams, McClain, and Kindle would be one of the best... if not THE best in the league.

A fifth round gamble on a player who was projected to be a first round pick before character issues became relevant. The NFL has seemed to require a change of pace in the backfield. Currently, the Chiefs have the lightning... Blount would bring the Thunder.

Could fall. If he had gone into the draft in 2009, he could've been a 2nd round pick. However, he became the Rhodes Scholar and took the year off from football. By FAR the smartest guy in the draft. The Chiefs need help at the Safety position. He's strong, fast, and physical to go along with the smarts. If Pioli gets the feeling that Rolle will still be available in the 5th round, he may even pass on Berry if he's available at #5. The combo of McClain/Rolle would be superior to any combo of Berry/5th rd ILB (Unless Spikes is available... which he won't be).

The Chiefs need help on the Oline. Instead of grabbing a sure-fire starting CENTER in the early rounds, the Chiefs could move Waters inside to Center and find starting guards in the 5th and 6th rounds. Eric Olsen at 6'5, 305. Has a reputation of being mean and aggressive. Played his junior year at Center and his senior year at LG. He could start at RG for the Chiefs next season.

A 2008 first team All-American. He played OT, but will probably play OG at the next level. He would start IMMEDIATELY at LG next to Albert. This kid is one of the nastiest players in America. After having some nice guys on the line like Shields and Waters, it might be interesting to have a few guys on this line who would kick your mother in the mouth to gain a yard.

Offensive Line:
LT-Branden Albert
LG-Brandon Carter
C-Brian Waters
RG-Eric Olsen
RT-Kyle Calloway
TE-Jermaine Gresham

Linebackers:
LOLB-Sergio Kindle
LILB-Derrick Johnson
RILB-Rolando McClain
ROLB-Tamba Hali

Wide Receivers
Chris Chambers
Dwayne Bowe
Jordan Shipley
Bobby Wade

Safeties
Jarrad Page
Myron Rolle

Running Backs
Jamaal Charles
LaGarrett Blount

Great post, though I do disagree quite a bit. I think our offensive line played so well down the stretch that replacing 3 of the starters and moving 1 would be a mistake. I think O'Callaghan has been a gem for us at RT and I'm very satisfied with him at that position.

If Berry is gone at 5, then I'm OK with either Okung or McClain. McClain probably makes more sense, but Pioli passed on Curry last year so you have to figure he's going to pass on McClain as well. Not that I really agree with that.

I think Kindle is a sure bet for the 2nd round after his performance in the national championship. Blount finished the season as Oregon's 3rd string RB, so I have trouble believing he'll be drafted at this point.

Assuming Berry's gone (otherwise I take him and it changes things a bit):

1. OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State - Albert to OG
2a. Best Pass Rusher Available from Sergio Kindle/Von Miller/Eric Norwood/Jerry Hughes/Ricky Sapp (not necessarily in that order).
2b. S DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson
3. WR Jordan Shipley, Texas - I think everyone can agree on this guy. Prototypical slot receiver with KR/PR ability.
4. RB Anthony Dixon, Mississippi State
5a. C John Estes, Hawaii
5b. ILB Micah Johnson, Kentucky
5c. CB Alterraun Verner, LSU
6. NT Ekom Udofia, Stanford

honda522
01-09-2010, 11:40 PM

First Round:
1. Rams- DT-Suh
2. Lions- DT-McCoy
3. Bucs- S-Eric Berry
4. Redskins- QB-Bradford

Second Round:

Third Round:

Fourth Round-

Fifth Round-

Sixth Round-

Offensive Line:
LT-Branden Albert
LG-Brandon Carter
C-Brian Waters
RG-Eric Olsen
RT-Kyle Calloway
TE-Jermaine Gresham

Linebackers:
LOLB-Sergio Kindle
LILB-Derrick Johnson
RILB-Rolando McClain
ROLB-Tamba Hali

Wide Receivers
Chris Chambers
Dwayne Bowe
Jordan Shipley
Bobby Wade

Safeties
Jarrad Page
Myron Rolle

Running Backs
Jamaal Charles
LaGarrett Blount
I like your Mock and I hope it comes true. The Rolle family is awesome, they bust *** and work hard and are a good bunch. We had our chance at Somarie Rolle, but turned him down.

Shipley I love. He is quick, and speedy. He is our Wes Welker, and he also returns punts and kicks...he struggled in the Championship game, which may have dropped his overall value, but I still think he is going to great anywhere he goes...unless its in Denver or Oakland.

McClain defiantly amazing...

texaschief
01-09-2010, 11:54 PM
I like your Mock and I hope it comes true. The Rolle family is awesome, they bust *** and work hard and are a good bunch. We had our chance at Somarie Rolle, but turned him down.

Shipley I love. He is quick, and speedy. He is our Wes Welker, and he also returns punts and kicks...he struggled in the Championship game, which may have dropped his overall value, but I still think he is going to great anywhere he goes...unless its in Denver or Oakland.

McClain defiantly amazing...

That's awesome... even though I'm sure you meant "definitely," I think I'm going to put that under my status where it says "hall of famer." I'm henceforth to be considered "Defiantly Amazing." :lol:

kcnation
01-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Mark Ingram or Julio Jones

INGRAM can't come out he's only a sophmore and we have charles anyway

Pro_Angler
01-10-2010, 02:36 PM

First Round:
1. Rams- DT-Suh
2. Lions- DT-McCoy
3. Bucs- S-Eric Berry
4. Redskins- QB-Bradford

Second Round:

Third Round:

Fourth Round-

Fifth Round-

Sixth Round-

Offensive Line:
LT-Branden Albert
LG-Brandon Carter
C-Brian Waters
RG-Eric Olsen
RT-Kyle Calloway
TE-Jermaine Gresham

Linebackers:
LOLB-Sergio Kindle
LILB-Derrick Johnson
RILB-Rolando McClain
ROLB-Tamba Hali

Wide Receivers
Chris Chambers
Dwayne Bowe
Jordan Shipley
Bobby Wade

Safeties
Jarrad Page
Myron Rolle

Running Backs
Jamaal Charles
LaGarrett Blount

no way if suh and berry are gone (they both wont be then we pick Okung. Most likely Okung and Berry will be therte so we take Berry..

honda522
01-10-2010, 03:22 PM
INGRAM can't come out he's only a sophmore and we have charles anyway
I had heard he is entering the draft.

yashi
01-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I had heard he is entering the draft.

True sophomores can't enter the draft. Remember Maurice Clarett?

texaschief
01-10-2010, 05:16 PM
no way if suh and berry are gone (they both wont be then we pick Okung. Most likely Okung and Berry will be therte so we take Berry..

We honestly have no reason to draft Okung who is a lesser talent than Albert. Berry won't be there. Neither will Suh. The LT class is extremely shallow this year. Okung just happens to be the least smelly turd in the manure pile. You can't compare Okung to ANY of the top LTs that have come out over the past 3 years. Hell, Ryan Clady was taken #12 and Okung couldn't hold his jock! There's NO WAY you pay Okung top 5 money for the talent he possesses. If he were a top flight LT, the Detroit Lions would take him to protect their rookie QB. If he's not worth protecting Stafford, he's not worth protecting Cassel.

McClain NEEDS to be the pick.

chief31
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Fifth Round-

Sixth Round-

Offensive Line:
LT-Branden Albert
LG-Brandon Carter
C-Brian Waters
RG-Eric Olsen
RT-Kyle Calloway
TE-Jermaine Gresham

So, is our o-line so bad that 5th and 6th rounders can be penciled in as starters? Or is it so good that we don't need at those positions until the end of the draft?

You have backed off of your previous pick (Okung), assumably because our o-line appears to be have improved in the last couple of games.

But you sill have three of five starters being replaced on that line.

Not trying to be a wise-*** here. Just wondering what your assesment is, as the draft choices are quite confusing.

Isawa_mo
01-10-2010, 06:18 PM
While I admit I did nit see a ton of him before the National Championship, I liked what I saw of McClain from Alabama. I say if Barry is not available then I would like to see them draft him. I also tend to agree with the theory that the most successful defenses in the league have that one guy in the middle that runs the show. Either a MLB or Safety.

As far as the later picks, it just too hard to say IMHO. This team still has so many needs, I think you can just draft best talent available the whole way and not go wrong.
or Safety.

texaschief
01-10-2010, 06:20 PM
So, is our o-line so bad that 5th and 6th rounders can be penciled in as starters? Or is it so good that we don't need at those positions until the end of the draft?

You have backed off of your previous pick (Okung), assumably because our o-line appears to be have improved in the last couple of games.

But you sill have three of five starters being replaced on that line.

Not trying to be a wise-*** here. Just wondering what your assesment is, as the draft choices are quite confusing.

I've watched Okung play. I've also been more patient than some with Albert. He had a rough start to the year, but he got his act together. This was just his 2nd year in the league and had to play at a new weight. As far as the O-line goes, you can't be fooled by their collective late season performance. This is STILL a poor line that needs to be re-tooled. The line looked like it was getting its act together toward the end of 2008 if you remember correctly. It was smoke and mirrors because of circumstances.

It's tough to say that the Center, RG, and RT positions should NOT be addressed. Spending a 2nd round pick on a RT is a good utilization of resources. You're not paying too much for a RT by drafting one in the first, but you're still getting a sure-fire starter for the long-term.

Its MUCH easier to find starting interior linemen in the later rounds than it is to find a starting OT. Turning a 2008 first team All-American LT into a starting OG in the NFL isn't as far-fetched as you seem to make it out to be. The reason I waited so long to address the O-line is because I'm pretty sure those players will be there in the later rounds. If you remember correctly, there were a few OG prospects in the 5th and 6th rounds that we were all pissed off about that we didn't draft just this past year. The names might change, but there WILL BE starting OGs to be had in the 5th and 6th rounds.

You've seen me do this for a few years now. I'm looking for starters with each pick I make. I'm not trying to find good backups. Each round has a couple positions where the likely-hood of finding a starter is high.

The first round, you go with OTs, LBs, DBs, QBs.
The second round, you go with OTs, TEs, C, LBs, DBs, WRs, DE's.
The third round, you go with the best available player.
The fourth round, you start looking at interior linemen and defense.
The fifth round, you draft interior linemen and RBs.
The sixth round, you draft interior linemen and WRs/KR, Ks
The seventh round, you draft the best available player

These "rules" aren't ALWAYS true, but there ARE trends. For me, it's all about utilization of resources. Another thing I look at is name. If he made a name for himself on the field in college, yet he's slipping for some reason, whether it be combine workout, social issues, or whatever, I'm probably going to look at him in the middle rounds. That's why you see me looking at Blount in the 5th.

In order for your team to be successful for the long-term, the MAJORITY of your picks NEED to be made with with good to great value. You should be drafting starters AT LEAST in your first three rounds. You shouldn't be drafting depth in the 3rd and 4th rounds. You should be finding players who will start on your team. If you are consistently drafting backups in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds, then your team will not be very good. OBVIOUSLY. That's how we got in this mess in the first place. We were drafting the Ryan Sims, Turk McBrides, Kris Wilsons and Junior Siavii's of the world in the first and second rounds to end up being cut and provide depth for other teams.

We need better drafting than we've had this past decade. The ONE good draft this team has had was in 2008. Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, Charles, Cottam, Morgan, and Carr ALL came out of that draft. We can't have too many more drafts like we had in 2009 if we plan to be a great team. This year, we need a 2008-ish draft. We need to find at least 5 starters again this year.

jacko58
01-10-2010, 06:38 PM
i like the idea of getting berry we need some safties. if not the tackle from osu. I do love Suh but I also loved Sims and Dorsey, I still love Dorsey but hes proved nothing and id still like to seem him gain weight and try to be our nt or loose weight and be end he looks out of place. If we keep Johnson which I think we should and Vrabel I'd like to see them pick up a FA Linebacker or two before drafting one high. Our draft luck on the d line beisdes finding Jared Allen late scares me away from wanting to draft line again. I'm also a fan of Dez Bryant as well. Weis will probualy want us to take Golden Tate but idk where hell be drafted when do you guys think tate will be drafted

texaschief
01-10-2010, 06:58 PM
i like the idea of getting berry we need some safties. if not the tackle from osu. I do love Suh but I also loved Sims and Dorsey, I still love Dorsey but hes proved nothing and id still like to seem him gain weight and try to be our nt or loose weight and be end he looks out of place. If we keep Johnson which I think we should and Vrabel I'd like to see them pick up a FA Linebacker or two before drafting one high. Our draft luck on the d line beisdes finding Jared Allen late scares me away from wanting to draft line again. I'm also a fan of Dez Bryant as well. Weis will probualy want us to take Golden Tate but idk where hell be drafted when do you guys think tate will be drafted

First off, Dorsey played better than Jackson at end this year. I'm not sure what else the guy has to do to prove he's going to be a good player at that position. That was his first year at that position and only his second in the league all together. Dorsey is gonna be just fine on this defense. Second, there won't be any LBs in free agency that will even come close to comparing to McClain's ability. ESPECIALLY if its gonna be an uncapped year. Third, Dez Bryant doesn't even come close to comparing to Calvin Johnson who was the last WR to DESERVE being taken in the top 5. Taking a WR in the first round is a HUGE risk... then, to spend top 5 money on one? NO THANK YOU. Lastly, I'd expect Tate to be available when the Chiefs select in the 2nd round... but he won't be available much longer after their pick.

Chief Tyler
01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
We honestly have no reason to draft Okung who is a lesser talent than Albert. Berry won't be there. Neither will Suh. The LT class is extremely shallow this year. Okung just happens to be the least smelly turd in the manure pile. You can't compare Okung to ANY of the top LTs that have come out over the past 3 years. Hell, Ryan Clady was taken #12 and Okung couldn't hold his jock! There's NO WAY you pay Okung top 5 money for the talent he possesses. If he were a top flight LT, the Detroit Lions would take him to protect their rookie QB. If he's not worth protecting Stafford, he's not worth protecting Cassel.

McClain NEEDS to be the pick.

I think there's a pretty decent chance that Berry is on the board at the 5 spot. Suh is obviously going somewhere in the top 3 barring some unfortunate circumstance between now and the draft. I think Clausen goes in top 4. If the Rams don't take him, I think Washington does, new Coaches mean new QB's, and Shanny has said he wants his own guy. Even if Washington doesn't get Clausen, I don't think the secondary is something that they're overly concerned with, though the weakest of their DB's play safety, so it is a possibility. Tampa could nab Berry, but I think they go for a defensive tackle as well.

If Berry isn't there, I wouldn't have any complaints with McClain, especially after watching him against Texas, but I'd lean more towards a tackle like Anthony Davis. I agree that it isn't the most ideal situation to have two first round, highly paid tackles, but Pioli didn't draft Albert and might not treat him as him as his number one guy to protect Cassel like Herm would have.

Right now my hopes for the draft:

1. Berry - I wonder what position he plays
(hoping for some second round miracles)
2. Mike Iutapi, Von Miller, Trent Williams, Ciron Black, Terrence Cody, Dan Williams (hoping at least one of those guys falls to us)
2. Golden Tate - WR , Mike Johnson - G
3. Eric Olsen - C/G
4. Eric Decker (if we don't get Tate)
5. Mica Johnson, Joe P. (Baylor player, crazy last name) - both ILB
6. Brandon Banks - WR/KR/PR

Everest
01-10-2010, 10:49 PM
We need to take a look at Tony Moeaki in the later rounds. He had some injury problems that are going to lower his stock. Had he been healthy for 4 years he would have been a first rounder and likely the 1st tight end off the board. He can do it all and is probably the most well rounded tight end Iowa has produced yet (including Dallas Clark). He's already drawing comparison's to a certain former Chief. He will be a steal in round 4 or 5.

texaschief
01-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I think there's a pretty decent chance that Berry is on the board at the 5 spot. Suh is obviously going somewhere in the top 3 barring some unfortunate circumstance between now and the draft. I think Clausen goes in top 4. If the Rams don't take him, I think Washington does, new Coaches mean new QB's, and Shanny has said he wants his own guy. Even if Washington doesn't get Clausen, I don't think the secondary is something that they're overly concerned with, though the weakest of their DB's play safety, so it is a possibility. Tampa could nab Berry, but I think they go for a defensive tackle as well.

If Berry isn't there, I wouldn't have any complaints with McClain, especially after watching him against Texas, but I'd lean more towards a tackle like Anthony Davis. I agree that it isn't the most ideal situation to have two first round, highly paid tackles, but Pioli didn't draft Albert and might not treat him as him as his number one guy to protect Cassel like Herm would have.

Right now my hopes for the draft:

1. Berry - I wonder what position he plays
(hoping for some second round miracles)
2. Mike Iutapi, Von Miller, Trent Williams, Ciron Black, Terrence Cody, Dan Williams (hoping at least one of those guys falls to us)
2. Golden Tate - WR , Mike Johnson - G
3. Eric Olsen - C/G
4. Eric Decker (if we don't get Tate)
5. Mica Johnson, Joe P. (Baylor player, crazy last name) - both ILB
6. Brandon Banks - WR/KR/PR

I just can't see Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu sitting there at #5 if that's what Berry is projected to be. Suh won't get past #2. The only thing you can hope for is for the Rams AND the Redskins to take QBs AND for the Lions to take a LT. That would leave either Suh or Berry for us at #5. I just don't see that happening. I can GUARANTEE that the Bucs will take defense.

"Worst case" scenario (also most likely):
Rams-Suh (Best player)
Lions-Okung (To protect Stafford)
Bucs-Berry (The Bucs will take defense)
Redskins-Clausen (Shanahan needs a QB)
Chiefs-???McClain anyone?