PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys fan here for serious game discussion...

Bluestar76
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Hello Chiefs fans. I feel your pain. You all thought you were going to have a better team this year. So did the cowboys nation. I don't know if you guys watched yesterday, but if you did, you know that game on Sunday could be the first W for you guys. I would like to invite your posters to join us on our board for friendly discussion regarding the game this week.

I will refrain from posting a link to the board until I am given permission to do so.

Being a die hard cowboys fan has been very difficult for the last 13 years or so, and I am sure that many of you can relate.

I am not here to troll. Let me just say that. I look forward to a competitive contest on Sunday and hope for no injuries between our two teams. Cheers!

McLovin
10-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the Crowd.:welcome:

honda522
10-05-2009, 11:33 PM
It's ok, you can like the Chiefs as a second team. They did originate from dallas ;)

reded
10-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Although it would be nice to send your 'Boys home with another one in the L column, I won't be betting next weeks lunch money it.

hometeam
10-05-2009, 11:53 PM
A toast to Tony Romos 4 turnovers! :bananen_smilies046:

(were gonna need em)

matthewschiefs
10-06-2009, 12:05 AM
I fully expect the Chiefs to be able to compte with the cowboys . And :welcome:

kilobytes
10-06-2009, 01:07 AM
I don't think we can compare the 2 teams at all. We have lost 27 out of the last 29 or something like that and no team in the history of the NFL has ever been that bad. But half of those games were close.

And Im still pissed at that HDTV beating out the Royals HDTV for the biggest in the world.

Hayvern
10-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Honestly, I think this is the first game, aside from the Raiders game we have a chance to win. I think if our defense comes out like it did last week, and our offense shows up and hits on all cylinders, this is going to be a tough game.

Face, the Cowboys are not the Giants or the Eagles even, they may be considered a better team, but it all is going to come down to which version of Tony Romo shows up to play.

I like our chances, but hey I always like 50/50 odds.

Sn@keIze
10-06-2009, 04:27 AM
Im not ready to dismiss this game as a loss for us Bluestar.

There was a poll here earlier this week on our chances the Giants and I said 2 out of 10.

Im give us against you 3 out of 10. Simply because of Romo. He was misfiring. But Romo seems to only do that in big games.

The Cowboys have done nothing but played primetime or big games. Here in KC would is the perfect time for him for all the bells and whistles to be gone, and for Homo, er... Romo, to have a big game.

One thing is for sure. You Cowboys feel sorry for yourself because Romo isnt perfect.

The Chiefs are struggling in all aspects of the game. Look at the stats. Please give me something that the Chiefs are doing better than the Cows. Other than losing.

texaschief
10-06-2009, 04:35 AM
Whatever... I'm just happy I get to see the game on t.v. at home. :lol:

I love Dallas or Houston week here in Texas. That's the only time I really get to see the Chiefs. Although, it was pretty cool to see the game against the Giants last week. Two weeks in a row that I get to stay home and watch the Chiefs... idk what I'm gonna do!!... wait, yes I do. Bust out the Jack and get pissed off... :D

Three7s
10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Highly doubtful that we beat the Boys. You never know though, the Rams did beat them last year.......

GlennBree
10-06-2009, 09:49 AM
well....if we don't win...it wont be because there wasn't some crazy Texas chick screaming and cheering for the chiefs!!!
....can't wait to get there!!!

Bluestar76
10-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Highly doubtful that we beat the Boys. You never know though, the Rams did beat them last year.......

My point exactly. Without Felix Jones healthy our run attack just isnt what it was the first few games of the season. Since Romo cant hit the broad side of the barn I fully believe that you guys will hang in there with us.

I also believe that you will out coach us. Our coaching staff is horrible.

hometeam
10-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Whatever... I'm just happy I get to see the game on t.v. at home. :lol:

I love Dallas or Houston week here in Texas. That's the only time I really get to see the Chiefs. Although, it was pretty cool to see the game against the Giants last week. Two weeks in a row that I get to stay home and watch the Chiefs... idk what I'm gonna do!!... wait, yes I do. Bust out the Jack and get pissed off... :D

Just do what I did when I lived in Houston for 5 years.

Get direct ticket!

yashi
10-06-2009, 10:55 AM
My point exactly. Without Felix Jones healthy our run attack just isnt what it was the first few games of the season. Since Romo cant hit the broad side of the barn I fully believe that you guys will hang in there with us.

Touche. Ours calls 4 straight passing plays with 1st and goal on the 1, yet won't throw the ball on 1st down anywhere else on the field. We also run draw plays from midfield with no timeouts left and 1:00 left in the half. Fun times!!!

Bluestar76
10-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Touche. Ours calls 4 straight passing plays with 1st and goal on the 1, yet won't throw the ball on 1st down anywhere else on the field. We also run draw plays from midfield with no timeouts left and 1:00 left in the half. Fun times!!!

Wow wasnt aware of those.... Its the bad coach bowl! LOL

Bluestar76
10-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Any word yet on if Dwayne Bowe is going to play in the game? He sure is a nice player that we passed on.

Just think, you guys could have had Barbie Carpetbagger instead!

texaschief
10-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Just do what I did when I lived in Houston for 5 years.

Get direct ticket!

Not paying that for THIS team. Let me know when they win a game and we'll talk. :lol:

nigeriannightmare
10-06-2009, 03:48 PM

I agree compleely, although we aren't very good right now I am happy as hell Wade Phillips isn't patroling our sidelines everytime they show him during the game he just looks lost and confused.

With that said Roy Williams,Jason Witten, Patrick Crayton, your offensive line......i don't know on paper the cowboys should win....

Dallas316
10-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Anyone up for a couple cowboy fans joining their arrowhead tailgate? Me and a lovely lady are arriving saturday afternoon, and mkaing the game sunday. We can bring food and drinks, but since we are flying in, no grills, tables, stereo, etc. Also wouldnt mind some suggestions on what to do after the game.
Kris

SAPHOJUNKIE
10-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, Roy Williams is questionable for the game, and I think he might get downgraded to doubtful before Friday.

The Cowboys remind me a lot of the Chargers. Tons of talent, and should be very good, but they aren't playing nearly as well as they should be.

It comes down to one thing - coaching. You can say everything you want about how great Norv Turner or Wade Phillips are...as coordinators. Facts are facts, and their teams have declined every year under their tutelage.

In fact, it's funny how inextricably tied those two teams' fates are. You can trace almost everything back to AJ Smith firing Marty as the moment they went downhill.

Norv Turner hired, then Wade Phillips was wooed away. It should have never happened. Every time Parcells or Marty leave a team, the decline begins.

Personally, I don't think the Dallas defense is nearly as good as the ones the Chiefs have played, and I might include Oakland in that group as well.

I will say, however, that the likelihood of us finding a pass rush against that offensive line is minute. Still, without Roy Williams, there could be trouble. Our secondary is a rare area of strength, and without Felix Jones' speed, the running attack isn't quite as scary.

I have thought this game could be an upset for a long time, but it could also be 0-5.

how is the pass rush with the Cowboys? Has demarcus ware fallen off without tank johnson up front?

CowboyGil
10-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Well, Roy Williams is questionable for the game, and I think he might get downgraded to doubtful before Friday.

The Cowboys remind me a lot of the Chargers. Tons of talent, and should be very good, but they aren't playing nearly as well as they should be.

It comes down to one thing - coaching. You can say everything you want about how great Norv Turner or Wade Phillips are...as coordinators. Facts are facts, and their teams have declined every year under their tutelage.

In fact, it's funny how inextricably tied those two teams' fates are. You can trace almost everything back to AJ Smith firing Marty as the moment they went downhill.

Norv Turner hired, then Wade Phillips was wooed away. It should have never happened. Every time Parcells or Marty leave a team, the decline begins.

Personally, I don't think the Dallas defense is nearly as good as the ones the Chiefs have played, and I might include Oakland in that group as well.

I will say, however, that the likelihood of us finding a pass rush against that offensive line is minute. Still, without Roy Williams, there could be trouble. Our secondary is a rare area of strength, and without Felix Jones' speed, the running attack isn't quite as scary.

I have thought this game could be an upset for a long time, but it could also be 0-5.

how is the pass rush with the Cowboys? Has demarcus ware fallen off without tank johnson up front?

I think Ware has fallen off because Spencer is getting ZERO pressure from the other side. We actually are missing crybaby Greg Ellis.

Dallas316
10-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Right now Dallas is as mediocre as it gets. We have beaten 2 teams withn a combined record of 0-8. Felix Jones is our only playmaker on offense and he is rather fragile, he is th only player other teams get somewhat nervous about. Ware is missing Ellis bigtime. Cant wait to see the throwbacks sunday!

yashi
10-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Right now Dallas is as mediocre as it gets. We have beaten 2 teams withn a combined record of 0-8. Felix Jones is our only playmaker on offense and he is rather fragile, he is th only player other teams get somewhat nervous about. Ware is missing Ellis bigtime. Cant wait to see the throwbacks sunday!

That's too bad. I'm a huge fan of Felix.

texaschief
10-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Until Jerry Jones gets his head out of his own *** and hires a real GM to run that team, the Cowboys are never going to do anything. Period. It sucks having to listen to people who actually believe Jerry Jones has the know-how to run a football team. He's probably the best owner in football, but he just won't get out of his own way and it's pretty sad.

Stumplifter
10-06-2009, 11:11 PM

Careful now.... you just gave out our entire playbook....
both pages!

pham504
10-07-2009, 12:06 AM
i have been going all over the boards to see whats up I think kansas city chiefs has an equal chance to beat the cowboys. *P.S I am an huge saints fan* Tony Romo might crack underpressure and you guys might pull this one out by an 3 points. (Chiefs are my 2nd favorite team but the saints are my hometown) but heres to a win against the cowboys:bananen_smilies046:

Bluestar76
10-07-2009, 11:25 AM
I agree compleely, although we aren't very good right now I am happy as hell Wade Phillips isn't patroling our sidelines everytime they show him during the game he just looks lost and confused.

With that said Roy Williams,Jason Witten, Patrick Crayton, your offensive line......i don't know on paper the cowboys should win....
On paper we should have won last week too. I do believe that we have a talent advantage, Perhaps many of us are down after such a heart breaking loss. I do think you guys are headed in the right direction finally. I know you dont appreciate Haley, but we would give anything to have a young guy who is fired up on the sidelines. Its better than Wade Phillips confusion and fist pumps.

Jumanok
10-07-2009, 11:29 AM
I agree, this is probably our best chance to date, it's at Arrowhead and that makes a huge difference. Look for a game to be won by a field goal, I'm hoping for a low scoring affair, best chance for us to pull out a win.

Bluestar76
10-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Anyone up for a couple cowboy fans joining their arrowhead tailgate? Me and a lovely lady are arriving saturday afternoon, and mkaing the game sunday. We can bring food and drinks, but since we are flying in, no grills, tables, stereo, etc. Also wouldnt mind some suggestions on what to do after the game.
Kris

Send me your contact info, I have a few friends that are going to be at the game. I am not going to make it though....

Bluestar76
10-07-2009, 12:47 PM
If you guys want to check out our board and have some discussion regarding the board you are welcome to drop by.

Absolute Cowboys.com - Dallas Cowboys Fan Site & Forums (http://absolutecowboys.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=1)

pbatrucker
10-07-2009, 02:41 PM
The cowgirls have slowzelle adams at lt. Hali should be able to avoid the tripping enough to get a couple of sacks and a few hurries.

Lonestar 48
10-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm a transplanted Chief down here in the boys' land; don't get to see the Chiefs much down here, but some years, that isn't such a bad thing!

I think the only advantage the boys have over the Chiefs is that their d-backs are 1/4 of a step faster than the Chief's receivers. Romo should throw an int into the flat for a Chief's touchdown, and Ware might hit Cassel so hard one time that the fumble gives the Cowboys a TD.

It could end up being the best game of the season for both teams, although it might look like slow motion or something.

nigeriannightmare
10-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Kris

You Texas folk would appreciate our tailgate. We threw 24 oz porterhouse steaks for the opener, my brother is a chef. We say the more the merrier, send me some infor I'll let you know where we will be.

bigpoppachief
10-07-2009, 05:33 PM
You know at least cowboy fans have some class welcome to Chiefscrowd !

pbatrucker
10-07-2009, 06:07 PM
The cowgirls have slowzelle adams at LT. Hali should be able to avoid the tripping e

Dallas316
10-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Until Jerry Jones gets his head out of his own *** and hires a real GM to run that team, the Cowboys are never going to do anything. Period. It sucks having to listen to people who actually believe Jerry Jones has the know-how to run a football team. He's probably the best owner in football, but he just won't get out of his own way and it's pretty sad.
Thats the darn truth, great owner, terrible GM. What other GM in the league would still have his job after 13+ seasons without a playoff win?

yashi
10-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Thats the darn truth, great owner, terrible GM. What other GM in the league would still have his job after 13+ seasons without a playoff win?

Carl Peterson.

texaschief
10-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Carl Peterson.

:mob:

matthewschiefs
10-08-2009, 06:18 PM
:mob:
I agree :mob:

Sn@keIze
10-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm a transplanted Chief down here in the boys' land; don't get to see the Chiefs much down here, but some years, that isn't such a bad thing!

I think the only advantage the boys have over the Chiefs is that their d-backs are 1/4 of a step faster than the Chief's receivers. Romo should throw an int into the flat for a Chief's touchdown, and Ware might hit Cassel so hard one time that the fumble gives the Cowboys a TD.

It could end up being the best game of the season for both teams, although it might look like slow motion or something.Always great to see another Chief fan.

Sorry you have to put with those people who think the Cows are really considered "Americas team."

Chiefster
10-09-2009, 08:39 AM
If you guys want to check out our board and have some discussion regarding the board you are welcome to drop by.

Absolute Cowboys.com - Dallas Cowboys Fan Site & Forums (http://absolutecowboys.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=1)

Welcome to the "Crowd"! :)

Bluestar76
10-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Always great to see another Chief fan.

Sorry you have to put with those people who think the Cows are really considered "Americas team."
As long as most of America continues to think that....So will we.

IlovetheChiefs
10-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Looking at CBS sports online there's 2 sports writers they have that predict the scores of the games. One picks Dallas wins 31-24 and the other says Dallas wins 26-20.

Here's one of their comments:

"The Cowboys haven't looked good on offense and they are playing a second straight road game. That's tough. The Giants ran on the Chiefs last week, so that's a concern. But the Cowboys aren't as good as their reputation. They win, but it's closer than expected."

So that's good to see a couple of predictions for a close game. They think the Faders and Suckaneers will lose BIG (one predicts NY 31-0 over Jokeland). And they have 6 experts who predict who beats the spread. 4 of the 6 say the Chiefs beat the 8.5 spread. Whereas all 6 say Oakland and Tampa Bay will NOT beat the 15 point underdog spread.

So again, pretty cool to see that while there's hopelessness predicted for TB and Oakland, the Chiefs are predicted to play a close one (although granted, some of the reason for why some think it will be close is because they expect Romeo and the Cowgirls to play rather poorly once again).

drstandley31
10-10-2009, 01:38 AM
well....if we don't win...it wont be because there wasn't some crazy Texas chick screaming and cheering for the chiefs!!!
....can't wait to get there!!!
I love you already. That's what we need, some crazy Texas chick taking matter into her own hands. I can't be there, but I hope you'll pick up my slack. That's what's fun about games in KC. People like you. GO Chiefs!!!

drstandley31
10-10-2009, 01:44 AM
Kris
After the game I go to Jack Stack and get the beef ribs. Gawd they are awesome. Might as well have some great KC BBQ while you are there, and that's the best dinner I've ever had.

Bluestar76
10-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Hey guys, you put up one heck of a fight. That is certainly a game you deserved to win and took a miracle performance for us to win. Great game. I hope Brandon Albert is OK. You guys are closer than you think. I bet you get your first win soon.

Cheers :bananen_smilies046:

McLovin
10-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Hey guys, you put up one heck of a fight. That is certainly a game you deserved to win and took a miracle performance for us to win. Great game. I hope Brandon Albert is OK. You guys are closer than you think. I bet you get your first win soon.

Cheers :bananen_smilies046:
Congrats to you, we also hope Brandon Albert is OK, I really appriciate your coming here and not gloating. Good luck the rest of the season, can't say that I am a fan of the Cowgirls but I am a fan of respectful fans of opponents.

Bluestar76
10-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Congrats to you, we also hope Brandon Albert is OK, I really appriciate your coming here and not gloating. Good luck the rest of the season, can't say that I am a fan of the Cowgirls but I am a fan of respectful fans of opponents.

I came here stating that I thought you guys had a very realistic chance to win. I know that you guys are rebuilding. Cassel is going to be a good qb for you guys for a long time. You kept him upright today and it paid off.

I know Cassell has taken a beating and when you guys get more talent on your line that your football team will improve.

I was jealous that we allowed Dwayne Bowe fall to you. He is a nice skill player. His play in the clutch against us was just a great play.

Cowboys fans like the jerk in that other thread have no ground to stand on. This football team is by no means amoungst the elite. When I visit other teams boards I always try to display class.

I apologize for guys like that.

Good luck with your season. Beat the skins for us!

Hayvern
10-12-2009, 02:45 AM
I came here stating that I thought you guys had a very realistic chance to win. I know that you guys are rebuilding. Cassel is going to be a good qb for you guys for a long time. You kept him upright today and it paid off.

I know Cassell has taken a beating and when you guys get more talent on your line that your football team will improve.

I was jealous that we allowed Dwayne Bowe fall to you. He is a nice skill player. His play in the clutch against us was just a great play.

Cowboys fans like the jerk in that other thread have no ground to stand on. This football team is by no means amoungst the elite. When I visit other teams boards I always try to display class.

I apologize for guys like that.

Good luck with your season. Beat the skins for us!

And you have, I wish more opposing fans would come in and act like you.

:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
10-12-2009, 10:52 AM
And you have, I wish more opposing fans would come in and act like you.

:bananen_smilies046:
This...