PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on every player on D

kilobytes
10-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Vrabel is a beast.

D johnson is good if THEY WOULD PLAY HIM..:mob:

Flowers is good and I see him being one of the best CBs.

Dorsey is getting better.

Jackson is a PoS so far.
Page is a PoS except he can hit hard.

Tyler is doing sub par at a very ugly position to play

Carr is okay.
Leggett is sub par. Seen flashes but not an every down guy

Brown...really don't know
Mays?(dont really know his name, has long hair) but from what I have seen okay.

Whats your opinion on each Defensive player?

KottkeKU
10-06-2009, 01:04 AM
i think we are a seriously good nosetackle, a really seriously good strong or free safety, and some experience away from being a legit D.... someone in the backfield that can make plays...ala Dawkins, Reed, Polamalu, R.Harrison, etc...all really seriously good defenses have one...along with a seriously good nosetackle :) You follow? I feel Tank is serviceable as a 3-4 NT but nothing too special...he needs another couple of years and some threats beside him (im talking to you Dorsey and Jackson, and mysterious safeties...) to be better too...

Hayvern
10-06-2009, 01:35 AM
I am not going to spell out every player, but if there was one thing I have seen some improvement on this year is the defense.

Right now on D, we cannot play 4 quarters, it is not because of the D though, it is because our offense sucks so bad, the defense just can't play that long. I think this defense has some talent.

Here are the major areas we need improvement.

Pass Rush, we have it, but it is goign to have to come from the linebackers. Dorsey, Tyler, Jackson, those guys are not going to put any pressure on the QB now, but they can definately tie up the Offensive line if given a chance. Send in Johnson, Vrabel or Hali and we can get some pressure. These guys are only going to get better.

As far as linebackers go, Johnson clearly is a beast and should be player. This is another of those Haley situations where he is benching the player because he does not "play like we want him to".

As for the defensive backs, I think both Carr and Flowers are servicable. I see flashes of greatness out of those guys and each year they will get better. Brown, he is at the end of his ropes and needs to go. Page has never impressed me, but maybe he plays like Haley wants him to, I don't know, he seems pretty unremarkable to me.

As soon as the front three learn how to attack the ball and push the line, the defense should be doing better.

What I like right now is that we are a lot better team against the run. Not against the Giants, but we have been looking a little better.

We are just a little below average right now on defense.

Chiefster
10-06-2009, 01:39 AM
They tend to be pretty good at the very beginning of the game.

pbatrucker
10-06-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm not going thru every player on defense, but basicly kylobyites, you don't have a clue.

Sn@keIze
10-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Your first 4 players and i thought u were in the rite ballpark. After that, you started to prove you were just another.

jb908
10-06-2009, 12:43 PM
my opinion on defense. It's hard to play defense when your offense doesn't do anything with the ball. They have no motivation to play hard when there turnovers don't lead to points.

I think the defense is very promising we just need an offense to motivate them late in games.

kilobytes
10-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Since I can't edit my post for some reason...I FORGOT TAMBA HALI wth.

Hali is doing good out there especially since moving to LB.

honda522
10-06-2009, 07:54 PM
my opinion on defense. It's hard to play defense when your offense doesn't do anything with the ball. They have no motivation to play hard when there turnovers don't lead to points.

I think the defense is very promising we just need an offense to motivate them late in games.
I agree, but maybe they should think about scoring off their own turnovers.

josh1971
10-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Vrabel is a beast.

D johnson is good if THEY WOULD PLAY HIM..:mob:

Flowers is good and I see him being one of the best CBs.

Dorsey is getting better.

Jackson is a PoS so far.
Page is a PoS except he can hit hard.

Tyler is doing sub par at a very ugly position to play

Carr is okay.
Leggett is sub par. Seen flashes but not an every down guy

Brown...really don't know
Mays?(dont really know his name, has long hair) but from what I have seen okay.

Whats your opinion on each Defensive player?

Well you caught yourself that you missed Hali, who is doing fantastic at LB, but could use some work in pass coverage.

Clearly, in some instances, you don't really know what you're talking about. Tank Tyler has been doing great at NT, and is one of the team's leading tacklers.

Speaking of that, what's your opinion on the team's LEADING tackler currently, Demorrio Williams?

Tyson Jackson is a PoS? He's a frickin' rookie DE! Let him have a year like Dorsey, or two years like Tyler. I agree he hasn't exactly been throwing passers around, but it usually takes a season for D-lineman to adjust from college to the pros.

And with Mike Brown... you don't know? Well why post a thread saying you have an opinion on everyone on the D if you don't have an opinion on all of them. Mike Brown's been doing all right. Not pro-bowl bound, but not bad.

I can't wait until these guys have played together for a while, and hopefully get a game where they don't have to be on the field for 3/4 of it.

jb

LargoChief
10-06-2009, 10:17 PM
The front needs more time but will get there. Williams has surprised me with his play and Mays is a great pick up.
DJ is awesome and if Haley is sitting him because if his ego, he needs to grow up.
Backfield is MUCH improved with Flowers and Carr.
Mike Brown...haven't seen much but we are only 4 games in.
I like Leggett.
Hali looks more comfortable and Vrabel seems like he actually wants to be here, i didn't really think he did.
The Offense needs to do something, constant three and outs....the D is eventually gonna tell the O to go f themselves.

josh1971
10-06-2009, 11:23 PM
The front needs more time but will get there. Williams has surprised me with his play and Mays is a great pick up.
DJ is awesome and if Haley is sitting him because if his ego, he needs to grow up.
Backfield is MUCH improved with Flowers and Carr.
Mike Brown...haven't seen much but we are only 4 games in.
I like Leggett.
Hali looks more comfortable and Vrabel seems like he actually wants to be here, i didn't really think he did.
The Offense needs to do something, constant three and outs....the D is eventually gonna tell the O to go f themselves.

One more time... DJ is limited in game use right now because of INJURY. There's no drama- DJ has a nagging groin injury, which is not the quickest thing to get back from.

kilobytes
10-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Well you caught yourself that you missed Hali, who is doing fantastic at LB, but could use some work in pass coverage.

Clearly, in some instances, you don't really know what you're talking about. Tank Tyler has been doing great at NT, and is one of the team's leading tacklers.

Speaking of that, what's your opinion on the team's LEADING tackler currently, Demorrio Williams?

Tyson Jackson is a PoS? He's a frickin' rookie DE! Let him have a year like Dorsey, or two years like Tyler. I agree he hasn't exactly been throwing passers around, but it usually takes a season for D-lineman to adjust from college to the pros.

And with Mike Brown... you don't know? Well why post a thread saying you have an opinion on everyone on the D if you don't have an opinion on all of them. Mike Brown's been doing all right. Not pro-bowl bound, but not bad.

I can't wait until these guys have played together for a while, and hopefully get a game where they don't have to be on the field for 3/4 of it.

jb
I said Jackson is a PoS so far. Dorsey had way more tackles at that time when he was a rookie but we can only hope he's not a bust. I missed Williams yes and he is doing pretty good at least when it comes to tackling.

josh1971
10-07-2009, 01:40 AM
By game 4 of his rookie season, Dorsey had 13 tackles (only 9 solo), compared to Jackson's 2. Yes, that is a few more tackles, but I think Dorsey was regarded as just as ineffective then as Jackson is now.