PDA

View Full Version : KC Star : Charles presents a dilemma for Chiefs

Coach
10-06-2009, 05:03 AM
The dilemma with running back Jamaal Charles gets to the heart of the problem Todd Haley has in getting the 0-4 Chiefs a victory — and, longer term, building them into a playoff contender. On one hand, Charles, who returns kickoffs and plays as the third-down back, is one of the Chiefs’ most talented players. He is one of the few Chiefs capable of making big plays and one of the fastest players on an otherwise slow team.

More... (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1492194.html)

pbatrucker
10-06-2009, 06:12 AM
IMO we need to play the RB's with more speed more. At least try something different with the RB's.

honda522
10-06-2009, 10:41 AM
He needs to learn to hang on to the ball. He cost us the first Giants TD.

brish
10-06-2009, 11:48 AM
He needs to learn to hang on to the ball. He cost us the first Giants TD.

Yup.. Thats why Haley isn't handing it off to him 20-30 times a game..

matthewschiefs
10-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Charles can be a starting RB in the NFL if he can only hold on to the ball. I agree with Hailey not giveing him the carries right now. Hes had the fumbling problem through the preseason. so you cant realy trust him to hold on to the ball.

honda522
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Yup.. Thats why Haley isn't handing it off to him 20-30 times a game..
I think its more of KO that he really struggles with. I would like to see him get it and see what happens.

pnewtonjr
10-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Charles needs to get on the field. Take him off kickoffs, if you want, but get him in the game. He's the best playmaker on the offense (just like DJ is the best playmaker on defense) and Haley is playing games with both of them.

matthewschiefs
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Charles needs to get on the field. Take him off kickoffs, if you want, but get him in the game. He's the best playmaker on the offense (just like DJ is the best playmaker on defense) and Haley is playing games with both of them.

Charles has not PROVEN he can hold on to the ball. If you cant trust him to hold on to the ball you cant play him much. Turnovers are a killer and this offense needs all the help they can get.

pnewtonjr
10-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Charles has not PROVEN he can hold on to the ball. If you cant trust him to hold on to the ball you cant play him much. Turnovers are a killer and this offense needs all the help they can get.
He has 1 fumble this year and he had 2 fumbles last year. The media makes this big stink about him holding on to the ball and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

And as to his preseason fumbling problems -- he only had the one against Minnesota.

So that gives the guy 3 career fumbles. 3. Get him on the field.

honda522
10-06-2009, 08:28 PM
He has 1 fumble this year and he had 2 fumbles last year. The media makes this big stink about him holding on to the ball and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

And as to his preseason fumbling problems -- he only had the one against Minnesota.

So that gives the guy 3 career fumbles. 3. Get him on the field.
Fumbling on the opening drive is worst thing you can do. I don't care if its preseason or not, you don't fumble the ball.

pnewtonjr
10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Fumbling on the opening drive is worst thing you can do. I don't care if its preseason or not, you don't fumble the ball.
Three career fumbles is not bad at all. Now, I'm not comparing talent levels (because Charles never sees the damn field), but Adrian Peterson had 9 fumbles last year and already has 2 this year. Playing Devil's Advocate, here, should Peterson be benched?

matthewschiefs
10-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Three career fumbles is not bad at all. Now, I'm not comparing talent levels (because Charles never sees the damn field), but Adrian Peterson had 9 fumbles last year and already has 2 this year. Playing Devil's Advocate, here, should Peterson be benched?

Peterson is a far better RB then Charles at this point and is on a far better team. The chiefs can not afford to give up one possesion. Charles had fumbleits in the preseason and thats what Hailey has to go off of. I dont think you can compare the to.

pnewtonjr
10-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Peterson is a far better RB then Charles at this point and is on a far better team. The chiefs can not afford to give up one possesion. Charles had fumbleits in the preseason and thats what Hailey has to go off of. I dont think you can compare the to.
And again... he only fumbled 1 time in the preseason. Once. The media made a big deal out of it and now he had fumblitas.