PDA

View Full Version : We are almost out of Murderer's Row

Big Daddy Tek
10-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Wow, This has to be the hardest opening schedule in the NFL. Can you imagine if we opened against the Bengals and Browns at 2-0, took that momentum into Oakland winning again and then played the Cowboys at 3-0? Of coarse thats the schedule that Denver received and I think the situation would be much different than it is now if the roles were reversed. Well, we all know it isn't. Instead we are playing the Cowboys after a 0-4 start and everybody is wondering when this teams effort will cave.

If there was ANYTHING positive about this, its that our team has played the best that the NFL has to offer. By the time we get to Washington, we will have been playing top tier talent and I have a hard time thinking that this will not help us against the lower tier teams on the second half of our schedule.

Oakland was obviously the game that we should have won. We had over 400 yards of total offense and limited them to 86 yards up to the final drive. Against everybody else, we have been clearly overmatched. I started wondering how good these teams actually are, so I looked it up and this is what I found:

Baltimore Ravens Offensive Rank: 3rd
Baltimore Ravens Defensive Rank: 8th

Philadelphia Eagles Offensive Rank: 7th
Philadelphia Eagles Defensive Rank: 3rd

New York Giants Offensive Rank: 4th
New York Giants Defensive Rank: 1st
the Giants are statistically, the best team in football

TOTAL RECORD BY THESE THREE TEAMS: 9-2

It doesn't get any tougher than this folks! The worst defense that we have faced this year is the Raiders 16th ranked D. When you consider the rest of the competition, I think its easy to say that we should be much better from this point forward.

Does this stuff matter? What do you guys think?

Bluestar76
10-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Wow, This has to be the hardest opening schedule in the NFL. Can you imagine if we opened against the Bengals and Browns at 2-0, took that momentum into Oakland winning again and then played the Cowboys at 3-0? Of coarse thats the schedule that Denver received and I think the situation would be much different than it is now if the roles were reversed. Well, we all know it isn't. Instead we are playing the Cowboys after a 0-4 start and everybody is wondering when this teams effort will cave.

If there was ANYTHING positive about this, its that our team has played the best that the NFL has to offer. By the time we get to Washington, we will have been playing top tier talent and I have a hard time thinking that this will not help us against the lower tier teams on the second half of our schedule.

Oakland was obviously the game that we should have won. We had over 400 yards of total offense and limited them to 86 yards up to the final drive. Against everybody else, we have been clearly overmatched. I started wondering how good these teams actually are, so I looked it up and this is what I found:

It doesn't get any tougher than this folks! The worst defense that we have faced this year is the Raiders 16th ranked D. When you consider the rest of the competition, I think its easy to say that we should be much better from this point forward.

Cowboys have 26th ranked d.....You guys have a much better shot at beating us then you think.

matthewschiefs
10-06-2009, 02:35 PM
The chiefs are through the tough part. Besides playing Pit they are playing divison and the teams denver has beaten. Things are looking up. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Hayvern
10-06-2009, 05:47 PM

I believe it matters, we have been playing some good teams. The biggest problem I have had all season is the loss to the Raiders. We are a better team than the Raiders. I think we have a 50/50 shot to beat the Cowboys this weekend.

Bike
10-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Cowboys have 26th ranked d.....You guys have a much better shot at beating us then you think.True. If we can get any kind of pressure at all on Romeo, we'll have a shot...

honda522
10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
The NFL does not like us. It's such a hard rebuilding year, when you play the entire NFC East in a row.

IlovetheChiefs
10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Except that the Deadskins aren't too good. So I consider the first 3 of 4 NFC east games in a row a rough part of the schedule for us. Washington, though, not too bad. They've been around 8-8 ish for a long time now and this year I think will have a losing record.

The only discouraging thing is that it's at Washington. If it was a home game I think fewer of us would be considering this such a tough game.

josh1971
10-06-2009, 08:12 PM
This was what I was talking about in my thread before the Giants game- every week it was some ten foot tall maniac who craps nuclear waste and pees lightning coming to beat up on us. Top ranked Defenses and offenses every week against our rebuilding team. Nice test, but we're not really ready for that tier.

honda522
10-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Except that the Deadskins aren't too good. So I consider the first 3 of 4 NFC east games in a row a rough part of the schedule for us. Washington, though, not too bad. They've been around 8-8 ish for a long time now and this year I think will have a losing record.

The only discouraging thing is that it's at Washington. If it was a home game I think fewer of us would be considering this such a tough game.
Tougher than you think tho.

Satch
10-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Agreed Big Daddy Tek. You just drove that one right down the passing lane of I-70 at about 90mph. The NFC East was supposed to be good this year and they sure as heck didn't disappoint. I was hoping the Eagles would be vulnerable but with the bad way they lost the week before, they were looking for someone to beat up on. The Ravens aren't exactly slouching either. And yes, we should have beaten the Raiduhs. No excuses. I will even lay that one on the coaching staff for playing scared D against that shmuck QB of theirs. No way he gets that TD if we keep pressure on him. But that is not the point. We have been playing the league's best. This can only help the team to face more mortal opponents. I am glad you posted this. I am already tired of the insanity on local AM sports radio.

Isawa_mo
10-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Agreed Big Daddy Tek. You just drove that one right down the passing lane of I-70 at about 90mph. The NFC East was supposed to be good this year and they sure as heck didn't disappoint. I was hoping the Eagles would be vulnerable but with the bad way they lost the week before, they were looking for someone to beat up on. The Ravens aren't exactly slouching either. And yes, we should have beaten the Raiduhs. No excuses. I will even lay that one on the coaching staff for playing scared D against that shmuck QB of theirs. No way he gets that TD if we keep pressure on him. But that is not the point. We have been playing the league's best. This can only help the team to face more mortal opponents. I am glad you posted this. I am already tired of the insanity on local AM sports radio.

Quoted for truth. You expect for fans to get pretty bent during this losing streak. Some of the announcers on the radio, however, should be more professional and less emotional. None of them are being very objective at all, which of course, feeds the frenzy. I sure hope we can win this week. Not because I think it makes as much difference in the grand scheme of things, but just so that folks will cool down a bit.

People need to do more of this :toast2: and less of this :mob:.

Bike
10-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Quoted for truth. You expect for fans to get pretty bent during this losing streak. Some of the announcers on the radio, however, should be more professional and less emotional. None of them are being very objective at all, which of course, feeds the frenzy. I sure hope we can win this week. Not because I think it makes as much difference in the grand scheme of things, but just so that folks will cool down a bit.

People need to do more of this :toast2: and less of this :mob:.
Fans and radio announcers alike I think are just tired of losing....