PDA

View Full Version : Hermie on ESPN NFL Live

McLovin
10-08-2009, 04:32 PM
On NFL Live Hermie just called the upset of the week, said the Chiefs were going to beat the Cowgirls. Wow Hermie speaking out FOR this team. He!! has frozen over, looks like a good week to start the winning.

yashi
10-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Wow. Note if you think Herm is a bad head coach and analyst, you should have heard him doing the color commentary for the Eagles in preseason.

You know in some ways I would have rather he picked the Cowboys... then we'd probably win.

matthewschiefs
10-08-2009, 05:16 PM
as long as hes not on the chiefs sidline i dont care lol

kilobytes
10-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I really don't think Herm is a bad coach. Dick Vermeil left us with old retiring players. Herm got us to the playoffs with those players and then some retire and now we are in a rebuilding process. KC killed Herm. But I think he makes a better scout than coach. Has been good with drafts (according to analysts they just haven't done much yet). Gotta love Herms personality and I hope this is the upset of the week.

wolfpack
10-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I really don't think Herm is a bad coach. Dick Vermeil left us with old retiring players. Herm got us to the playoffs with those players and then some retire and now we are in a rebuilding process. KC killed Herm. But I think he makes a better scout than coach. Has been good with drafts (according to analysts they just haven't done much yet). Gotta love Herms personality and I hope this is the upset of the week.
Most of hermmie draft picks arent even on the team anymore. When a coach comes out and says any points scored over 25 is arena football than your offense is in trouble.
I`ll take dickies attacking offense anyday over hermanator the offensive termenator anyday.
Dickie just couldnt pick Dc`s worth a damn.Plus he wasnt a good draft scout.

honda522
10-08-2009, 07:30 PM
OMG, in a way, I don't want us to win now. Sad isn't it?

IlovetheChiefs
10-08-2009, 07:38 PM
You know in some ways I would have rather he picked the Cowboys... then we'd probably win.

I was thinking the same thing. I happened to catch this at work today when it happened. There was a list of 5 games and Herm was asked to pick the most likeliest upset of them and went with the Chiefs. He said Arrowhead is loud and will be packed. And that Dallas is coming off a loss to Denver. (Hmmm. Wouldn't coming off a LOSS to Denver make Dallas a little more dangerous this week? Just like the Eagles after getting routed by the Saints).

But yeah anyway I had mixed feelings. On the one hand I was glad he answered "The Kansas City Chiefs". On the other hand, considering it was Herm making this prediction kind of worries me more now about our chances!

Hayvern
10-08-2009, 09:05 PM

Not a good way to endear yourself here. Herm was a horrible coach, he could not prepare this team to win and he made bad in-game calls.

The fact that he picks us to win makes me nervous.

honda522
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Not a good way to endear yourself here. Herm was a horrible coach, he could not prepare this team to win and he made bad in-game calls.

Well said :bananen_smilies046:

kilobytes
10-08-2009, 11:48 PM

If he was horrible how come he has made the playoffs 4 times (yes he inherited a good team but you still gotta get them there)...He inherited an old team. I know we all hated the losing and we always look for a scapegoat but really he isn't terrible. I don't think he fits the head coach position but he really wasn't that bad. And example of a bad coach is Norv Turner. All the talent in the world and they can barely make .500, plus he inherited a 14-2 team that was arguably the best in the league, now there is no excuse. If Herm is terrible then Haley is too because our team hasn't been prepared the last few games. I think Haley is better but so far no change.

Definitely not saying Herm is any good just saying he isn't really that bad.

Chiefster
10-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Hermie simply isn't worth my time.

josh1971
10-09-2009, 12:12 AM
If he was horrible how come he has made the playoffs 4 times

Because he inherited good teams from Bill Parcells and Dick Vermeil?

Chiefster
10-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Because he inherited good teams from Bill Parcells and Dick Vermeil?

Dat be it!

...And, he ran both teams into the ground.

Three7s
10-09-2009, 12:32 AM
You and texaschief would get along really well.

Hayvern
10-09-2009, 12:59 AM
If he was horrible how come he has made the playoffs 4 times

Dude, seriously, do you want to go here? Do you remember that there had to be four, count em, FOUR teams that had to lose before we made the playoffs that year?

Sorry dude, Herm gets NO - 0 - NADDA credit for going to the playoffs that year.

Sheesh

kilobytes
10-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Dude, seriously, do you want to go here? Do you remember that there had to be four, count em, FOUR teams that had to lose before we made the playoffs that year?

Sorry dude, Herm gets NO - 0 - NADDA credit for going to the playoffs that year.

Sheesh
What about the other 3.....sheesh

If you can remember we lost a game that year to a defensive pass interference against the Donkeys in Denver which cost us a game. You really can't put blame on refs in a typical game but this game they flat out screwed us . Yes I remember these things. Really did deserve to go. but still a 9-7 record you had to do something right.....should have been 10-6 too

Three7s
10-09-2009, 04:27 AM
What about the other 3.....sheesh

If you can remember we lost a game that year to a defensive pass interference against the Donkeys in Denver which cost us a game. You really can't put blame on refs in a typical game but this game they flat out screwed us . Yes I remember these things. Really did deserve to go. but still a 9-7 record you had to do something right.....should have been 10-6 too
If Herm was such a good coach, we sure wouldn't have been 9-7. Losing to the Dolphins? Losing to the BROWNS?! Come on....

McLovin
10-09-2009, 10:35 AM
If he was horrible how come he has made the playoffs 4 times (yes he inherited a good team but you still gotta get them there)...He inherited an old team. I know we all hated the losing and we always look for a scapegoat but really he isn't terrible. I don't think he fits the head coach position but he really wasn't that bad. And example of a bad coach is Norv Turner. All the talent in the world and they can barely make .500, plus he inherited a 14-2 team that was arguably the best in the league, now there is no excuse. If Herm is terrible then Haley is too because our team hasn't been prepared the last few games. I think Haley is better but so far no change.

You just lost any credibility you may have had on this board, with me at least. Herm was THE WORST thing to EVER happen to the KC Chiefs, he KILLED this team for years, he didnt have a bad season, he KILLED a good team. Yes they were aging but you dont blow up a good team and start from scratch, you replace the oldest with good drafts and work on positions of need. Also 30 people released from this team this year, and at as of the first game of the year 28 of them were still unemployed. Now of course a couple of them have been picked up but 28 for 30 with one of the two being Gonzo and most of the other 30 being Hermies guys.

I vomit a little every time I have to hear his voice. And he even knows he killed this team, why do you think he picks against us every week. For god sake he picked the Raiders over us this year, anyone with any ties to KC should NEVER pick the Raiders against us at home. It is sacraledge.

yashi
10-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Herm is a terrible head coach and I can't believe anyone would try to convince people otherwise. His clock management is among the worst of all time. His decision making during games is pitiful. He's more predictable than a dead skunk laying in the middle of the road. His gameplanning is the worst (see playoffs vs. Colts 2006).

I like Herm, as a person. He's a good guy and he means well, but he is just not a good NFL head coach.

He knows everything there is to know about defensive backs, which is why he'd probably be the best DB coach in the league, but he's had his taste of NFL head coaching so it's unlikely he ever goes that route again.

Norv is a bad coach. So is Wade Phillips. So is Herm Edwards. Comparing them is like saying, "who's hotter, Rosie O'Donnell or Liza Minnelli?"

chief31
10-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I hated having herm as our HC from day one. And I rarely have anything goof to say about him.

But I will agree that he isn't the absolute worst coach ever.

In fact, I would have preferred to have kept him here for one more season, (Playoffs or bust) as opposed to Haley.

I just don't trust Haley, and dislike the way he came in and insulted every player on the team, before even meeting with them.

And I fear that Haley will be alotted at least three seasons to rise above mediocrity, and that it won't happen. Leaving us exactly where we were at the end of last season.

Rising above mediocrity from the basement is a hard thing to do. Sustaining that rise is he hardest thing to do.

It takes one hell of a coach to get that done.

honda522
10-09-2009, 11:22 AM

I saw a trend.

14-2 team to a 10-6 team to a 9-7 to a 7-9 team,

then 10-6 to 4-12 and then finally 2-14.

.....Just saying. :11:

matthewschiefs
10-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Herm Edwards is a terrible coach. Yes he made the playoffs a few times but look at his overall recourd its not good. Thats the only stat for a coach that matters.

kilobytes
10-09-2009, 04:50 PM
You just lost any credibility you may have had on this board, with me at least. Herm was THE WORST thing to EVER happen to the KC Chiefs, he KILLED this team for years, he didnt have a bad season, he KILLED a good team. Yes they were aging but you dont blow up a good team and start from scratch, you replace the oldest with good drafts and work on positions of need. Also 30 people released from this team this year, and at as of the first game of the year 28 of them were still unemployed. Now of course a couple of them have been picked up but 28 for 30 with one of the two being Gonzo and most of the other 30 being Hermies guys.

I vomit a little every time I have to hear his voice. And he even knows he killed this team, why do you think he picks against us every week. For god sake he picked the Raiders over us this year, anyone with any ties to KC should NEVER pick the Raiders against us at home. It is sacraledge.OMG you act like Herm solely destroyed the Chiefs....ITS THE GMS FAULT TOO!! Carl Peterson is partially to blame and he didn't help Herm at all.

kilobytes
10-09-2009, 04:58 PM
I saw a trend.

14-2 team to a 10-6 team to a 9-7 to a 7-9 team,

then 10-6 to 4-12 and then finally 2-14.

.....Just saying. :11:
The Chargers had a MUCH better team than the Chiefs filled with more talent and arguably the best team before Turner took over....

You mean 10-6 to 9-7 to 4-12(4-3 at one point then LJ gets hurt and we somehow barely lost the rest our games) to 2-14.....and we had really no young talent to carry over other than DJ and Jared Allen. Herm is okay until he has to actually coach. Everything went smooth until Herm appeared on the Best Damn Sports show during the bye week and now we have lost 27 out of 29. Herm is sub par at best but NOT terrible.

IlovetheChiefs
10-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Oh I wouldn't say the Chargers were much better. I wouldn't even say better. Dick and Marty both had 2 equally good teams in the mid part of this decade. Each had 2 double digit win seasons, and we had the awesome 9-0 start, 13-3 record and they had the 14-2 season. Both had good seasons in 2005 but a couple of early season losses ended up costing both of these even teams the playoffs despite winning records (they 9-7 and we 10-6).

Anyway, Norv showed he was no Joe Gibbs with the Redskins as he only managed mediocre seasons. And he's no Marty with the Chargers either. But I'd much rather have him as a coach than Herm. Another thing to me that made Herm so horrible was his attitude after each of his many losses. Kept acting like it should be no surprise. That he's rebuilding and that takes time and patience. And how we only lost 7 of our 14 games by 7 points or less. Far better are coaches like Andy Reid, Tom Coughlin, (and we can go on and on) who make it clear that losing is not acceptable and that they have to take care of what they need to for the next game so the same thing doesn't happen again. With Herm it was like losing is the expected and if we win well yeah that's always nice if that happens (remember he said something to that effect? really infuriated me. something like, "Well if we win that would be kind of fun. Winning is always nice.").

Anyway, Herm is an awful coach in my book.

Eydugstr
10-10-2009, 12:43 AM
I am just thankful that the "Herm Edwards, coach of the KC Chiefs" experiment is over. He seems like a nice enough guy, and more than experienced enough to be a good commentator.

If only he'd taken over as head coach of the Broncos...

drstandley31
10-10-2009, 12:49 AM
On NFL Live Hermie just called the upset of the week, said the Chiefs were going to beat the Cowgirls. Wow Hermie speaking out FOR this team. He!! has frozen over, looks like a good week to start the winning.
Amazing, he never thought the Chiefs could win when he was coaching them! He always had the attitude that everybody was better than they were, and that if they could somehow find a way to hang on, maybe they could find a way to win at the end. wow what a leader. M F'er, I'm so glad that #(*&^% is gone. We'll pay that price for several years. He was and idiot!!! and I hope that if he is ever a coach again, it's for another AFC West team. D Bag!!

Canada
10-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Amazing, he never thought the Chiefs could win when he was coaching them!

He never thought they could win because he was coaching them. :bananen_smilies046:

drstandley31
10-11-2009, 03:19 PM

I want what you're drinking! He's awful. His teams were never prepared. He never showed any confidence that they could win. They were so out of shape that they couldn't finish most games. He never replaced key players, he made blunder after blunder when putting both his coaching staff and players together. Oh gawd I'm not going to get into it. He is an awful head coach!

kilobytes
10-11-2009, 06:10 PM
I want what you're drinking! He's awful. His teams were never prepared. He never showed any confidence that they could win. They were so out of shape that they couldn't finish most games. He never replaced key players, he made blunder after blunder when putting both his coaching staff and players together. Oh gawd I'm not going to get into it. He is an awful head coach!
If your an awful coach then there is no way on this Earth you could get to the playoffs period even with good players. 4 playoff appearances out of 8 years....you all are just pissed at him. Carl Peterson didn't help out Herm at all.

matthewschiefs
10-11-2009, 06:20 PM
If your an awful coach then there is no way on this Earth you could get to the playoffs period even with good players. 4 playoff appearances out of 8 years....you all are just pissed at him. Carl Peterson didn't help out Herm at all.

If your an awful coach your teams record will go downhill every year ya i think that describes herm. He can do well with other peoples teams. but fact is yes CP is also to blame but he and Herm worked TOGETHER on the rostor he had some say. Herm is just as much to blame IMO