PDA

View Full Version : Is it more or....

honda522
10-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Is Tom Brady being a bi**ch?

Seriously, did you see the Ravens game where the LB brushed him?

It was bs, and Brady knew it.

Here is the video.

Pick your poison: Defenses trying to adjust to QB protection plans (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8133fd36&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

matthewschiefs
10-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Ya i saw that. Sadder thing is he got the call from the refs.

Chiefster
10-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Clearly Brady influenced at least one of those calls. Brady and Payton Manning obviously play in skirts needing extra protection while most other QB's in the league put their pants on one leg at a time like all the rest of the NFL players.

matthewschiefs
10-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Clearly Brady influenced at least one of those calls. Brady and Payton Manning obviously play in skirts needing extra protection while most other QB's in the league put their pants on one leg at a time like all the rest of the NFL players.

I agree If you look at it the ref does not even start for his flag till Brady had a fit about it. ITS FREAKING FOOTBALL let them play.

Chiefster
10-09-2009, 08:06 AM
I agree If you look at it the ref does not even start for his flag till Brady had a fit about it. ITS FREAKING FOOTBALL let them play.

Yup, the players should NOT be making the calls.

chief31
10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
I was watching this game.

First off, if you watch the video in the link, they also show a far lesser "helmet contact" type of foul against New England, that occurred prior to the one on Brady.

So the standard for helmet contact had already been established in the game.

Secondly, while the two angles that they show in your video link of the knee penalty are not as telling as some of the replay that was shown on gameday, this was actually a dirty attempt at the knee, that was downplayed. The defender should have been fined, IMO.

Thirdly, to the notion that Brady 'coaxed' this penalty from the ref, try looking at the video at about 4:40 - 4:50. You can clearly see the ref reaching for the flag before brady gets to plead his case. The ref made this call on his own.

Also, how many times have you seen a WR try to convince a ref to call pass Interference? Or a Wr, with defensive PI? How about a d-lineman with holding?

If the player knows the rules and feels like those rules were broken, then they try to get the ref to notice. Plain and simple.

Now I am sure to be labelled a "Brady lover" or something....

Canada
10-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Tom called, he needs a kiss...Brady lover.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2009, 11:12 AM

First off, if you watch the video in the link, they also show a far lesser "helmet contact" type of foul against New England, that occurred prior to the one on Brady.

Secondly, while the two angles that they show in your video link of the knee penalty are not as telling as some of the replay that was shown on gameday, this was actually a dirty attempt at the knee, that was downplayed. The defender should have been fined, IMO.

Thirdly, to the notion that Brady 'coaxed' this penalty from the ref, try looking at the video at about 4:40 - 4:50. You can clearly see the ref reaching for the flag before brady gets to plead his case. The ref made this call on his own.

Also, how many times have you seen a WR try to convince a ref to call pass Interference? Or a Wr, with defensive PI? How about a d-lineman with holding?

If the player knows the rules and feels like those rules were broken, then they try to get the ref to notice. Plain and simple.

Get the flags out!!! QB's are only treated different because they are the "Golden Boys" of the league. Last time I checked, they had the same amount of equipment and even more sometimes!

honda522
10-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Get the flags out!!! QB's are only treated different because they are the "Golden Boys" of the league. Last time I checked, they had the same amount of equipment and even more sometimes!
:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
10-12-2009, 04:14 AM

Brady lover! :D

pbatrucker
10-12-2009, 07:11 AM
it's all about viewer ratings!! fewer people watch when the stars are not playing. Network TV is calling the shots. It's all about revenue not how the game should be played.

Bike
10-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Brady lover! :D
Its the Brady Bunch!! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!!:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-12-2009, 11:19 AM

I agree with you.

But the QBs don't make the rules. Just as the WRs didn't make the PI rules.

And we all know that we want the penalty called, when it against our opponents. Especially if we can get a 1st down out of it. :D