PDA

View Full Version : Resident pesimist and realist

DrunkHillbilly
08-22-2007, 10:57 AM
I have seen a few posts about people thinking the media is crazy picking the Chiefs 3rd and saying we get no respect.

I was just wondering what everyone thinks the Chiefs record will be at the end of the season? The Chiefs are going to struggle big time this year. I know the D is improved but if they don't learn to tackle, they will be in a world of hurt!!

I think we will be lucky to win 8 games. Wish I was wrong but I think the media might have it right this time! JMO. :D

swmochiefsfan
08-22-2007, 01:49 PM
I totally agree with ya, the only thing that gets me is how they pick denver and whoever else to win at arrowhead, its never an easy win in kc. I hope Im wrong but 8 w's might be a tad high.

Canada
08-22-2007, 03:39 PM
10-6!!

swmochiefsfan
08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I hope our canadian friend is right.

:bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
08-22-2007, 04:33 PM
I would be willing to bet A LOT of money he won't be!

Coach
08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
I would be willing to bet A LOT of money he won't be!
Money or Arrowcash? This sounds like a job for our Arrowcash bookie, Chief31.

Coach
08-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Here is a schedule. Everyone enter your results and we can discuss.
Opponent Result
at Houston Texans
at Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings
at San Diego Chargers
Jacksonville Jaguars
Cincinnati Bengals
at Oakland Raiders
Bye
Green Bay Packers
Denver Broncos
at Indianapolis Colts
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
at Denver Broncos
Tennessee Titans
at Detroit Lions
at New York Jets

Coach
08-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Here are my picks:

Opponent Result
at Houston Texans W
at Chicago Bears L
Minnesota Vikings L
at San Diego Chargers L
Jacksonville Jaguars W
Cincinnati Bengals L
at Oakland Raiders W
Bye
Green Bay Packers W
Denver Broncos W
at Indianapolis Colts L
Oakland Raiders W
San Diego Chargers W
at Denver Broncos L
Tennessee Titans W
at Detroit Lions W
at New York Jets W

10-6, playoff berth. All contingent on the kid developing. If he sucks it up, then I reserve the right to change it to 6-10. J/K.

Chiefster
08-22-2007, 06:51 PM
I have seen a few posts about people thinking the media is crazy picking the Chiefs 3rd and saying we get no respect.

I was just wondering what everyone thinks the Chiefs record will be at the end of the season? The Chiefs are going to struggle big time this year. I know the D is improved but if they don't learn to tackle, they will be in a world of hurt!!

I think we will be lucky to win 8 games. Wish I was wrong but I think the media might have it right this time! JMO. :D

Agreed they go 8-8.

Coach
08-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Agreed they go 8-8.

Quit being a skirt(no offense intended LUV) and make your game by game predictions. Then we can all laugh at each other when they go 19-0.:lol:

Chiefster
08-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Quit being a skirt(no offense intended LUV) and make your game by game predictions. Then we can all laugh at each other when they go 19-0.:lol:

:lol: :11: Get off my lawn!...Dang! ...Can't very well call you a :sign0104: :p

Canada
08-23-2007, 02:53 AM
Opponent Result
at Houston Texans W
at Chicago Bears L
Minnesota Vikings W
at San Diego Chargers L
Jacksonville Jaguars W
Cincinnati Bengals W
at Oakland Raiders W
Bye
Green Bay Packers W
Denver Broncos W
at Indianapolis Colts L
Oakland Raiders W
San Diego Chargers W
at Denver Broncos L
Tennessee Titans W
at Detroit Lions W
at New York Jets W

Guru
08-23-2007, 03:44 AM
Opponent Result
at Houston Texans W
at Chicago Bears L
Minnesota Vikings W
at San Diego Chargers L
Jacksonville Jaguars W
Cincinnati Bengals W
at Oakland Raiders W
Bye
Green Bay Packers W
Denver Broncos W
at Indianapolis Colts L
Oakland Raiders W
San Diego Chargers W
at Denver Broncos L
Tennessee Titans W
at Detroit Lions W
at New York Jets W

WHAT!!!!!!!:funnypost:

Chiefster
08-23-2007, 05:30 AM
WHAT!!!!!!!:funnypost:

:lol::lol:

Chiefster
08-23-2007, 05:36 AM
Opponent Result
at Houston Texans W
at Chicago Bears L
Minnesota Vikings L
at San Diego Chargers L
Jacksonville Jaguars L
Cincinnati Bengals L
at Oakland Raiders W
Bye
Green Bay Packers W
Denver Broncos W
at Indianapolis Colts L
Oakland Raiders W
San Diego Chargers W
at Denver Broncos L
Tennessee Titans L
at Detroit Lions W
at New York Jets W

chief31
08-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Opponent /Result
at Houston Texans L
at Chicago Bears L
Minnesota Vikings W
at San Diego Chargers L
Jacksonville Jaguars W
Cincinnati Bengals L
at Oakland Raiders L
Bye
Green Bay Packers W
Denver Broncos W
at Indianapolis Colts L
Oakland Raiders W
San Diego Chargers L
at Denver Broncos L
Tennessee Titans W
at Detroit Lions L
at New York Jets L

6-10.

wolfpack
08-23-2007, 10:17 AM
10-6 i hope for, 8-8 maybe, but it wont shock me if we went 6-10 or 9-7.

m0ef0e
08-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Opponent Result
at Houston Texans L
at Chicago Bears W
Minnesota Vikings L
at San Diego Chargers L
Jacksonville Jaguars W
Cincinnati Bengals W
at Oakland Raiders W
Bye
Green Bay Packers W
Denver Broncos W
at Indianapolis Colts WIN WIN WIN (F**k the Colts!)
Oakland Raiders W
San Diego Chargers W
at Denver Broncos L
Tennessee Titans W
at Detroit Lions L
at New York Jets W

The Chiefs always seem to lose the ones they should win and win the ones they should lose (except division games). So I picked most of the non-division games the oppisite way of my first instinct.

Coach
08-23-2007, 05:11 PM
The Chiefs always seem to lose the ones they should win and win the ones they should lose (except division games). So I picked most of the non-division games the opposite way of my first instinct.

The highly scientific method. I like it. j/k. It does to seem to be the case.

Guru
08-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Opponent Result
at Houston Texans L
at Chicago Bears W
Minnesota Vikings L
at San Diego Chargers L
Jacksonville Jaguars W
Cincinnati Bengals W
at Oakland Raiders W
Bye
Green Bay Packers W
Denver Broncos W
at Indianapolis Colts WIN WIN WIN (F**k the Colts!)
Oakland Raiders W
San Diego Chargers W
at Denver Broncos L
Tennessee Titans W
at Detroit Lions L
at New York Jets W

The Chiefs always seem to lose the ones they should win and win the ones they should lose (except division games). So I picked most of the non-division games the oppisite way of my first instinct.

I called the loss to Detroit as soon as the opponents were named last February for the exact same thinking.

We almost always lose to the easiest team on the schedule. Not saying Detroit is a pushover just that they are the weakest non-division opponent on our schedule.

m0ef0e
08-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I called the loss to Detroit as soon as the opponents were named last February for the exact same thinking.

We almost always lose to the easiest team on the schedule. Not saying Detroit is a pushover just that they are the weakest non-division opponent on our schedule.

No, but the Chiefs will think it and that is why Detroit will spank us even tho they will probably have something like 3 wins at this point in the season.

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 12:34 AM
No, but the Chiefs will think it and that is why Detroit will spank us even tho they will probably have something like 3 wins at this point in the season.

If the play of our "O" line tonight is any indication of what we will see in the regular season then we may be fortunate to have three wins at that point in the season ourselves.

sling58
08-24-2007, 08:04 AM
10-6!!

Way to be optimistic but I am going for 8-8. This is one of the few times I have to disagree with you Canada. I know that we will probably shut out the Faders again this year so that will give us 2, we play Houston on the season opener which should give us 1, Minnesota (as long as Adrian doesn't make a debut a$$whooping on our d) should be one in the win column, Jac is a maybe but should be a win, We will take one from Denver and San Diego which would put us at 7, and we play the Lions on Dec. 23 which should be a win also. So I think 8 and 8 would be good. We also might pull one or 2 out from the Airplanes on Dec 30 and from the Pack on Nov 4. But my official guess will be 8-8. Ok, let the debates begin.

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Way to be optimistic but I am going for 8-8...

I think at this point 8-8 is sadly being optimistic.

swmochiefsfan
08-24-2007, 09:50 AM
without an O-line it may be optimistic, defensivly I like the line but secondary wasn't even near where they were supposed to be on most of the plays.It's time to get their head out of their a**.

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 10:10 AM
without an O-line it may be optimistic, defensivly I like the line but secondary wasn't even near where they were supposed to be on most of the plays.It's time to get their head out of their a**.

Eggsactly my point.

wolfpack
08-24-2007, 10:14 AM
i`m now hoping for 8-8, but 4-12 sounds closer all the time. i thought the chiefs of the early 80`s were gone but leave it to the queen and hermmie to bring them back.

Sweets
08-24-2007, 10:23 AM
You guys have BIG problems!!!!!

RednGold99
08-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Let me just say that I won't try to predict our record, because being the huge homer that i am it will end up being something like 11-5, and we all know thats not gonna happen! But I'm not real worried ..... yet. It will be a rough season, or I should say a grind! We are truly gonna see Herm's team this year, and I think his team is a Defensive team, protect the ball on offense and stop the opposition. Personally, I kind of like that mentality, and I like that style of football. If we can manage to get Larry in the end zone a few times and not get the QB killed (not sure who the heck thats gonna be after last night, might be Printers for all i know) we'll be alright. We might be sneaky decent this year?!?!? And after I heard Brian Waters interview, I fell in Love with my Chiefs all over again!!!!

swmochiefsfan
08-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Let me just say that I won't try to predict our record, because being the huge homer that i am it will end up being something like 11-5, and we all know thats not gonna happen! But I'm not real worried ..... yet. It will be a rough season, or I should say a grind! We are truly gonna see Herm's team this year, and I think his team is a Defensive team, protect the ball on offense and stop the opposition. Personally, I kind of like that mentality, and I like that style of football. If we can manage to get Larry in the end zone a few times and not get the QB killed (not sure who the heck thats gonna be after last night, might be Printers for all i know) we'll be alright. We might be sneaky decent this year?!?!? And after I heard Brian Waters interview, I fell in Love with my Chiefs all over again!!!!
I love this guy, Go Chiefs

sbenson9
08-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Ok- no predictions on how the chiefs are going to do. I remember times when the chiefs would go 0-4 in preseason and do pretty well in regular season play. I was not worried then but am scared Sh)tless this year. We have so many ? players starting namely with the QB. I think the sun had set on green but we really have no viable replacement. Huard has been a backup for a long time for a reason. Croyle is young but I haven't seen anything that says he will be anyhting but a mediocre qb. If we pay shields and roaf LJ money maybe they will come back. other than that our Oline needs to start looking for free agents. We have allot of great weapons, Just not in the right positions. I have high hope but I think we are plying for a great draft position for next year. God I hope we dont go the way of the raiders. ANyway I will wear the red and gold gear proudly while im stuck in Bronco country. Give me the chiefs or give me death

sbenson9
08-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Any word on priest getting off the pup list. I hope he does soon as wee are going to need all the RB We can get as we are going to run the ball allot with no great passing game. :beer: :mob: :11: :yahoo: :sign0153:

Sweets
08-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Nothing new that I could find sbenson, however this was posted on 8-17...

There were no great developments during the Chiefs’ excruciatingly boring 11-10 loss to the Miami Dolphins on Thursday. Larry Johnson looked brilliant for continuing to hold out and demand more guaranteed money. Michael Bennett and Kolby Smith just aren’t the kind of threats that will relieve pressure on Kansas City’s struggling quarterbacks. And Priest Holmes, the man who promised to be a leader, an inspiration to his young teammates, a symbol of man’s ability to overcome any obstacle, well, I still don’t know where he was Thursday. He wasn’t on the sideline. When the Chiefs finally do sign Johnson, I believe Holmes will get what he’s wanted all along — his unconditional release. He doesn’t want to play for the Chiefs. Not under his current contract. Why play for $870,000, when he can sign a contract with a team in his home state — Dallas or Houston — for the same money with maybe a few incentive bonuses? When Holmes opened his mouth about wanting Johnson’s money, I took it as a demand to be cut. Holmes knows his comments infuriated Larry, one of the most sensitive players in professional sports. The two running backs have never gotten along. They coexisted for two years. No way they coexist now. Holmes won’t get a pass from Johnson. He doesn’t deserve it in the Chiefs’ locker room, either. His whole Kansas City comeback bid is a farce.

Source: Jason Whitlock, Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/235682.html)

sbenson9
08-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Nothing new that I could find sbenson, however this was posted on 8-17...

There were no great developments during the Chiefs’ excruciatingly boring 11-10 loss to the Miami Dolphins on Thursday. Larry Johnson looked brilliant for continuing to hold out and demand more guaranteed money. Michael Bennett and Kolby Smith just aren’t the kind of threats that will relieve pressure on Kansas City’s struggling quarterbacks. And Priest Holmes, the man who promised to be a leader, an inspiration to his young teammates, a symbol of man’s ability to overcome any obstacle, well, I still don’t know where he was Thursday. He wasn’t on the sideline. When the Chiefs finally do sign Johnson, I believe Holmes will get what he’s wanted all along — his unconditional release. He doesn’t want to play for the Chiefs. Not under his current contract. Why play for $870,000, when he can sign a contract with a team in his home state — Dallas or Houston — for the same money with maybe a few incentive bonuses? When Holmes opened his mouth about wanting Johnson’s money, I took it as a demand to be cut. Holmes knows his comments infuriated Larry, one of the most sensitive players in professional sports. The two running backs have never gotten along. They coexisted for two years. No way they coexist now. Holmes won’t get a pass from Johnson. He doesn’t deserve it in the Chiefs’ locker room, either. His whole Kansas City comeback bid is a farce.

Source: Jason Whitlock, Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/235682.html)

Well its an op/ed but if it is true there you go. I thnk holmes heart is in the right place and for a guy like Johnson to sit on the sidelines and watch was hard on him. If priest can come back and contribute then great. if he is 1/2 of what he used to be he is still better than 1/2 the rb in the league. If PH knows his role and can coexist with LJ,great. LJ could learn a;llot from PH. I just hope he is not to high on himself to learn from a man who has done allot in the NFL. GO chiefs:sign0104:

chief31
08-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Well its an op/ed but if it is true there you go. I thnk holmes heart is in the right place and for a guy like Johnson to sit on the sidelines and watch was hard on him. If priest can come back and contribute then great. if he is 1/2 of what he used to be he is still better than 1/2 the rb in the league. If PH knows his role and can coexist with LJ,great. LJ could learn a;llot from PH. I just hope he is not to high on himself to learn from a man who has done allot in the NFL. GO chiefs:sign0104:

Nice.^^^ I tried to give you some rep for this, but appearently, I had already given some today. I have to "spread some rep around" first.

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I believe more and more that my earlier assessment regarding Priest was correct: he's done; in KC anyway.

Sweets
08-24-2007, 05:27 PM
The comment that Priest made that if LJ didn't want or need the money then he's there to take it was really sad, LJ has proven that he's the guy for now, he sat on the bench long enough and the team used the crap out of him last year and I think he more then earned his money, as far as using LJ too much, he's been a bench warmer for his whole career, last year he was essentially a rookie, he's not going to wear out this quickly...

Priest won't be off of PUP...he's over with

DrunkHillbilly
08-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Easy luv, you will get hammered for blastin the Priest!!! LOL!

Sweets
08-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Easy luv, you will get hammered for blastin the Priest!!! LOL!

DIVA's are never afraid!!!!:D

rbedgood
08-25-2007, 02:10 AM
Here is a schedule. Everyone enter your results and we can discuss.
Opponent Result
at Houston Texans W
at Chicago Bears L
Minnesota Vikings L
at San Diego Chargers L
Jacksonville Jaguars L
Cincinnati Bengals L
at Oakland Raiders W
Bye
Green Bay Packers L
Denver Broncos L
at Indianapolis Colts W (LJ's biggest week of the year)
Oakland Raiders W
San Diego Chargers L
at Denver Broncos L
Tennessee Titans L
at Detroit Lions W
at New York Jets W

The wins at Detroit and NY at the end of the season will be bitter for you fans that'll want a shot at drafting in the top 5...you'll end up 6-10 and about the 8-9th pick of the draft.

Guru
08-25-2007, 02:12 AM
I want to see no better than 5-11. If we are going to suck, I at least want a high draft pick out of it.

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 03:47 AM
I want to see no better than 5-11. If we are going to suck, I at least want a high draft pick out of it.

Agreed; if this is going to be a rebuilding process then we need to do it right.

wolfpack
08-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Agreed; if this is going to be a rebuilding process then we need to do it right.
the big proble with drafting is its a know fact hermmie dosnt draft tackles. and thats to me the biggest problem,other than solari, with the offense.

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 01:25 PM
the big proble with drafting is hermmie.

Fix yer reply. :D

chief31
08-25-2007, 09:51 PM
The comment that Priest made that if LJ didn't want or need the money then he's there to take it was really sad, LJ has proven that he's the guy for now, he sat on the bench long enough and the team used the crap out of him last year and I think he more then earned his money, as far as using LJ too much, he's been a bench warmer for his whole career, last year he was essentially a rookie, he's not going to wear out this quickly...

Priest won't be off of PUP...he's over with

Every time a runningback touches the footbal in a game, it is another chance of being injured. It doesn't matter how much you have, or haven't, touched the ball, but how much you are going to touch it, that makes for higher risk of injury.

Not that I think that L.J. is going to 'wear out', but the risk of injury is always high, when you carry the ball alot. I have no more inclination to believe that he is at much higher a risk, than L.T. or Steven Jackson.

I think the concept of a player "wearing out" is based on injuries, not being over-worked.

rbedgood
08-28-2007, 04:16 AM
Every time a runningback touches the footbal in a game, it is another chance of being injured. It doesn't matter how much you have, or haven't, touched the ball, but how much you are going to touch it, that makes for higher risk of injury.

Not that I think that L.J. is going to 'wear out', but the risk of injury is always high, when you carry the ball alot. I have no more inclination to believe that he is at much higher a risk, than L.T. or Steven Jackson.

I think the concept of a player "wearing out" is based on injuries, not being over-worked.

I hope your right because I really like LJ...but in most walks of life (including sports) history has a knack for repeating itself. Sure there are guys who break down with almost no work (see Fred Taylor, Chris Brown-TN, etc.) However even the durable guys when they are worked heavily (in excess of 350 touches) have a history of breaking down within 2-3 years. Dickerson was one of the greatest ever, but he only handled 3 really heavy years before the injury bug came calling. LJ has only had one really heavy year. If they can limit him to 300-325 touches, he should be able to stay reasonably healthy (as far as power RBs are "healthy")

DrunkHillbilly
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
We also have to remember that LJ didn't play in college as long as most RB's in the league therefor he hasn't been beat up quite as much.

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 12:40 PM
We also have to remember that LJ didn't play in college as long as most RB's in the league therefor he hasn't been beat up quite as much.

well running behind this o-line he'll need fresh "football" legs.

swmochiefsfan
08-28-2007, 01:36 PM
He'll make up for it this year.

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
He'll make up for it this year.

Well with 416 carries last year he went a long way in making that up then. IMO