PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

King_of_the_Cassel
10-11-2009, 06:10 PM
I personally blame Haley for keeping LJ out there all game when it was obvious he was going nowhere. There are other backs on this team who are better than LJ now and can hit a hole with some speed and illusiveness. LJ is done and he does not have the heart of the lion anymore. Furthermore, if he cannot run the damned ball then he is a liability because he cannot pass protect at all. I give the Chiefs overall some credit for not giving up today, it sucks they lost but itwe all know this year is about rebuilding. Like the announcers said, KC is doing like Dallas did the years right after troy aikman started. The announcers are alot more intuitive than most of us and they firmly believe that Pioli and Haley will build a winner and thats alright with me. Haley is a rookie HC and he will make some bad decisions, but like the players he will learn. We all want to see the Chiefs win and today we thought we might. Maybe if Haley had of gone away from LJ and benched him we could have done just enough to win, but he didn't. So heres how we have to look at this, LJ needs to be gone, and I wouldnt mind seeing Bowe gone at this point either if we could get a 1st, and a 3rd for him in next years draft. I know Bowe has the ability, but he disappears for quarters at a time and sometimes appears to be dogging it. We cannot blame Cassel, it is amazing that with his horrible protection and lack of any running game, he only has 2 i nts this year. He may not be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees, but he plays with heart and will get better when his supporting cast gets better. Back to LJ, I wanted so bad to see him do well this year, but its obvious he's not going to... WHo wants to bet Twitlock blames Haley and Cassel for this loss today??

honda522
10-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Dude, I can't read that.

King_of_the_Cassel
10-11-2009, 06:14 PM
can't read what? Can you only read books with pictures? lol Just Kidding, I guess I went on a little long Honda and I usually agree with all your posts so I won't take offense.. Just try to read and see if you can agree.

honda522
10-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Its one big blob....you have heard of paragraphs right?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't attempt to run behind that line either. You fate as a RB is sealed before the game starts!!! I would take a 27 step drop every time if I were Cassel too!!!! No RB will be productive behind this line consistantly!!! You might not like LJ but he HAS to be absolutely fed up with getting smacked in the face EVERY SINGLE TIME he gets the ball!!

King_of_the_Cassel
10-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Its one big blob....you have heard of paragraphs right?
We are on a football forum, not an english and literature school. What if I can't write in paragraphs, would that make you feel better to point out my inability to write correctly?

Some people are so nitpicky about things and they want to point out other people's flaws to cover up their own. I guess in that respect you are kind of like Jason Whitlock.:fatlock:

I will do my best to avoid blob posts if that will make you feel better. We are both KC fans and we should be able to communicate without cutting each other down.

After today's game, I felt deflated and perhaps Honda, you did as well. Once again I usually enjoy reading your posts, so I won't get mad at you this time....:lol:

Eydugstr
10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
LJ looked pretty bad out there today. He could do way better. Sure the O-line sucks, but we're stuck with it until next April.

Why he doesn't see this as an opportunity to step up and set a better example I don't know.

King_of_the_Cassel
10-11-2009, 06:43 PM
No matter what anyone says, even with this bangedup oline, I believe that Charles or Battle could do better than LJ because they are much faster. LJ gets the ball, stops and runs into the back of his oline....wtf is that??

Isawa_mo
10-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Really, I do not hate LJ. It is not his fault. No, I am not talking about the line. I am talking about physical ability. I honestly believe he is giving effort. His shoes are filled with cement. It happens. I honestly think he has never overcome the one injury.

I do not like his attitude, but I do not blame him for being unable to perform acceptably at this level anymore. Even if the line were pro bowlers again, he has lost a step and has no break away speed anymore.

It was also not his fault what happened with Allen. It was Peterson's. He demanded the money, they gave it. They went against what the whole league new and proved they were not smarter. Everyone knows when you put that kind of load on a guy over a couple seasons it burns him out. They also knew how important a d-end that can pressure the back side is (consider they had the best for a decade). Even with that knowledge they made the decision to trade Allen and sight LJ to the contract. Mind you, they likely would have still gotten some good draft picks for LJ too.

Coach
10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
I've been a big supporter of LJ. Until today. I think part of it is his fault, part O-line, and part Haley.

LJ's fault because if the run is between the tackles and you have an OL that doesn't get any push, then you had better hit the hole with some speed and conviction. He seems to be waiting for a hole to open up. It's not going to happen behind this line. He doesn't seem to be trying very hard. It's pretty sad when Troy Aikman picks that up after only seeing him play 2 quarters of football.

OL's fault because they could suck a bowling ball through a garden hose. They suck. Oh yeah and they suck.

Haley's fault, because he won't run LJ outside of the tackles. The one time LJ bounced outside he had a nice gain. I think it was called back because of a hold on Brian Waters though. Haley has to be more creative in the running game when you have an OL that can't run block. Larry had 20 rushes today. I would be surprised if any of them were outside of the guards.

Jackie Battle should be the "between the tackles" back without question. He is strong and runs hard. He isn't great at breaking tackles or reading holes. But behind this line, it doesn't really mater.

King_of_the_Cassel
10-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Very well spoken, I couldnt agree more. LJ just looks like he is running in concrete or not running at all and furthermore he cannot pass block, or he won't...

matthewschiefs
10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Very well spoken, I couldnt agree more. LJ just looks like he is running in concrete or not running at all and furthermore he cannot pass block, or he won't...

That describes the entire o line as well.

kilobytes
10-11-2009, 07:23 PM
This is why we spread him in to the passing game with screens like the ONE he got today for 9 yards and a first down.....Ive been telling you all about this before.....

Predictability is part of the lack of success but the o line is most to blame.

AND ARE YOU KIDDING ME ABOUT BOWE?!?! Bowe is the best reciever we have and is being covered like a hawk because he is the only receiver we have. 74 yds and a TD today is good. Usually the top receiver gets shut down for awhile on any team which opens up other WR

stone cold
10-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Lj needs to go away! He just runs into the line and falls down every time. JC atleast try's to find some holes.

Vanilla Garilla
10-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Lj needs to go away! He just runs into the line and falls down every time. JC atleast try's to find some holes.

Agreed!!! Jamaal at least can make some cuts!

Too bad there isnt one single team in the NFL interested in a trade for LJ, cuz i would like to see him gone immediately.

tornadospotter
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I think we need to bench Lj he is not producing a running threat, opposing defense know he is coming straight at them, so lets start JB!

josh1971
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
can't read what? Can you only read books with pictures? lol Just Kidding, I guess I went on a little long Honda and I usually agree with all your posts so I won't take offense.. Just try to read and see if you can agree.

No, we can't read your eleventy billion point font in red, with your inability to break anything into paragraphs with punctuation. :bananen_smilies046:

BUT- that said, I agree that LJ was kept in for too long, doing the SAME THING for too long, and getting nowhere. He needs to sit for a week at least to see what someone else can do. Maybe with our horrible O-line, we just need someone faster, with younger legs.

brish
10-11-2009, 09:19 PM
We're not asking for perfect grammar here, but try using a standard font and break it into paragraphs. I can't be asked to read your post. But I think I get the gist of it from the headline.

LJ can't do anything behind this o-line, not many runningbacks can.. But I agree that JC and and Battle / Savage are probably better fits for this team right now..

Furthermore.. LJ is running way to high, meaning he isn't leaning into the defenders. He needs to get low and punish the tacklers.. The whole idea of a running attack that goes between the tackles, is to tire the defense.
Well LJ is going down way to easy, I even noticed on a few plays, that he slowed down a little just before reaching the LoS..

"Hit them in them mouth man! You're way to slow to be making cuts!"

honda522
10-11-2009, 09:37 PM
We're not asking for perfect grammar here, but try using a standard font and break it into paragraphs. I can't be asked to read your post. "
Yes, this is what I was getting at.

Vandelay
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Even Troy Aikman commented on how it looked as if LJ wasn't giving enough effort.

honda522
10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Even Troy Aikman commented on how it looked as if LJ wasn't giving enough effort.
Yea...but Troy Aikman was getting annoying. :fatlock:

Vandelay
10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
21 rushes for 37 yards.

GET SOMEONE ELSE IN THERE. .... PLEASE!!!!!

matthewschiefs
10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I think it would be nice if We see LJ traded kind of like thigpen hes not the right back for this team they need to make a move.

Coach
10-11-2009, 11:01 PM

I personally think it speaks volumes that LJ can rush 20 times for less than 40 yards, yet Cassel can QB sneak for 6 yards on an obvious running down(3rd and 2).

Jackie Battle is the perfect between the tackles RB. If they are committed to running up the middle even though the offensive line can get no push, then they need to change RB's.

jb908
10-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Run the **** out of LJ and see if he improves throughout the year. He has not really played in two years so he needs to get back into the game. If he gets a little better at least trade value will go from cutting him to a late rounder

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Man, our other RB's were stellar today eh???????????

josh1971
10-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Man, our other RB's were stellar today eh???????????

How would we know? We got to see Jamal run the ball 3 times, and then....

no one else.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2009, 12:40 AM
How would we know? We got to see Jamal run the ball 3 times, and then....

no one else.
Kinda my point........Barry Sanders couldn't run behind this line!!!! I don't give a damn who it is, if the line isn't atleast decent, NO RB is going anywhere! Charles may get a couple more here and a couple more there but his fumbles would offset anything positive! Any person would be a little lacks if they were getting pounded like LJ has for the last year and a half!

josh1971
10-12-2009, 01:58 AM
Kinda my point........Barry Sanders couldn't run behind this line!!!! I don't give a damn who it is, if the line isn't atleast decent, NO RB is going anywhere! Charles may get a couple more here and a couple more there but his fumbles would offset anything positive! Any person would be a little lacks if they were getting pounded like LJ has for the last year and a half!

Behind THIS offensive line.

LJ- 93 Attempts, 226 yds, 2.4 yard average, 0 TDs,
8 Catches, 57 Yards, 0 TDs, and he's fumbled 2 times, lost one.

JC- 15 Attempts, 77 Yards, 5.1 yd average, 0 TD,
12 catches, 117 yards, 0 TD, fumbled ONCE, and lost it.

So it's more than a couple more yards here and there, since JC has about 1/6 the number of carries. It's more like JC has twice the number of yards per carry with WAY fewer carries.

Jamal Charles has done fairly well behind this line on his limited touches, because he's faster for one thing. LJ isn't lax because he's been getting beat up on. He's lax because he got a huge contract and was able to get lazy while Herm was here.

jb

PawnshopMarimba
10-12-2009, 02:22 AM
That huge font was annoying, but I get what you're saying.

LJ only got the touches he got because of his "EGO EGO EGO" b*tch fit last week. What's scary is that Todd actually accommodated to this @$$-hat the entire game when he clearly had NOTHING.

Please explain to me why Charles didn't get more carries, Todd. I remember seeing him get one hand off. It was a toss play to the outside (you know, like Al Saunders used to do), and it netted 7 yards. Then you just abandoned that outlet. Why? Are you really going to let some over the hill, slow, lumbering ego-back push you around?

It's time to bench LJ, Todd Haley. After all, you said you want people on the field who will give us the best chance of winning. Did you see what Dallas did? When Marion Barber wasn't getting it done, they tried a guy by the name of Choice. He ran all over your defense. Guess what else? They stuck with him because he was successful. Take a hint.

King_of_the_Cassel
10-12-2009, 02:42 AM
Very well spoken, exactly my point..

Hayvern
10-12-2009, 02:49 AM
Very well spoken, exactly my point..

Just think, he made his point with a lot less effort than you did.

Next time try some punctuation and sentence formatting. This is not English class, but try and use the tools available to make your points more clear and easier to follow.

Geez, some of us barely made it though high school for Pete's sake.

doobs_05
10-12-2009, 03:46 AM
they need to stop running the ball when LJ is in. The defense knows whats coming. I should of looked to see how many times dallas stacked the line when LJ was in the backfield. I don't think Charles or Battle would do anything diff. in the backfield, its kind of hard to get away from a defender when he gets to you as soon as you touch the ball.

Its all CP fault for not getting young lineman to back up our old lineman. a game is decided in the trenches and we are losing those battles.

chief31
10-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I simply don't believe that Haley know's his a55 from a hole in the ground, when it comes to running the ball.

We currently have one C and four OGs on the o-line. The one thing you should be able to do is get yards running up the gut.

But then, our running plays seem to consist of "Block a guy and have the HB hit the ... let's have him hit the four hole and see if that works, this time. Yeah, try the four hole."

Defenses are designed to have the holes plugged. All of them. We need someone to get through that hole, to "unplug" it first.

Larry looks like he has concrete in his shoes? Have you ever seen how fast water moves down a plugged drain? Pretty much the same.

Stir the water around... Splash it... whatever you want, it still won't get though the hole, if it is plugged.

Just find a way to send a 300 lb "Liquid Plumber" through the hole, and watch what happens.

Sure. Our o-linemen have looked bad. They have been unable to protect our QBs. And they have been unable to open up the running lanes.

But both Waters and Goff are excellent run blockers. So it's either that they have both decided to give up.. (Pretty unlikely) or there is something wrong with the job that they are being told to do.

Haley is a passing coach. That's what got him to The Super Bowl. And I doubt he will stray from that idea anytime soon.

So, call it player failure if you want. But are they failing, or are they being asked to do the job wrong, and succeeding at that?:D

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Behind THIS offensive line.

LJ- 93 Attempts, 226 yds, 2.4 yard average, 0 TDs,
8 Catches, 57 Yards, 0 TDs, and he's fumbled 2 times, lost one.

JC- 15 Attempts, 77 Yards, 5.1 yd average, 0 TD,
12 catches, 117 yards, 0 TD, fumbled ONCE, and lost it.

So it's more than a couple more yards here and there, since JC has about 1/6 the number of carries. It's more like JC has twice the number of yards per carry with WAY fewer carries.

Jamal Charles has done fairly well behind this line on his limited touches, because he's faster for one thing. LJ isn't lax because he's been getting beat up on. He's lax because he got a huge contract and was able to get lazy while Herm was here.

jb
Really??? I mean really? Go to work today and tell your boss to pay you way more but for the next two years, tell you your a piece of **** and are doing a ****ty job every day. Trust me, it'll wear on ya!!!! JC would'nt do much better after a few games because this team is so one dimensional. He can't run inside the tackles so teams would figure out that he's going outside every time and they would key on that thereby creating the same situation we have now.!!! IT ALL STARTS WITH THE O LINE!!!!!!! QB is better, RB is better, EVERYTHING is better!!!

NOW, how bout that ****ty tackling yesterday from the D that has improved so much??? Cost us the damn game by my estimation!!!! Haley couldn't tackle Miles nor could Pioli!!

Bike
10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Really??? I mean really? Go to work today and tell your boss to pay you way more but for the next two years, tell you your a piece of **** and are doing a ****ty job every day. Trust me, it'll wear on ya!!!! JC would'nt do much better after a few games because this team is so one dimensional. He can't run inside the tackles so teams would figure out that he's going outside every time and they would key on that thereby creating the same situation we have now.!!! IT ALL STARTS WITH THE O LINE!!!!!!! QB is better, RB is better, EVERYTHING is better!!!

NOW, how bout that ****ty tackling yesterday from the D that has improved so much??? Cost us the damn game by my estimation!!!! Haley couldn't tackle Miles nor could Pioli!!
If its just the OL, how do you explain JC doubling LJs ypc?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM

It was less than half the carries for god sakes! I said in another thread I think that the teams would figure out that JC can't run between the tackles and they would crash the outside thereby resulting in the same problem. O line fixes that problem for any running back. Open holes.....RB has the inside OR outside option and makes the team not so one dimensional.

Bike
10-12-2009, 11:25 AM
It was less than half the carries for god sakes! I said in another thread I think that the teams would figure out that JC can't run between the tackles and they would crash the outside thereby resulting in the same problem. O line fixes that problem for any running back. Open holes.....RB has the inside OR outside option and makes the team not so one dimensional.
You just made my point! Start JC and give him more carries...

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2009, 11:28 AM
You just made my point! Start JC and give him more carries...
My point is WHY? Everyone in the league knows he's not that much of a threat especially behind this line. He might attack the outside for a half and then they would shut him down! Hell, the O line can't open up holes in the middle, what makes you think their fat asses can get outside to block for him?

Bike
10-12-2009, 11:33 AM
My point is WHY? Everyone in the league knows he's not that much of a threat especially behind this line. He might attack the outside for a half and then they would shut him down! Hell, the O line can't open up holes in the middle, what makes you think their fat asses can get outside to block for him?
My point is WHY NOT? LJ is a washed-up has-been. His ypc vs JCs ypc speaks for itself...Bench LJ and start Charles and lets see what he can do. Can't be any worse than LJs 2.4 yds/carry...

chief31
10-12-2009, 11:38 AM

Well it is a whole lot easier to plug the couple of running lanes hat are right in front of the LBs than to go plug the ones outside. And he shere size of the 5,6,7&8 holes means that you will need more defenders to plug those holes.

Why?

Why not?

Oline can't open the holes up the middle?

Hmmm... Let's try the ouside lanes, then? How much worse could it be?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2009, 11:38 AM
My point is WHY NOT? LJ is a washed-up has-been. His ypc vs JCs ypc speaks for itself...Bench LJ and start Charles and lets see what he can do. Can't be any worse than LJs 2.4 yds/carry...
I don't think you bench a guy that is being paid so much and has also at one time proven himself to be a good RB. I think any coaching staff, not just ours knows that JC is not a starting caliber RB. His 2.8 yds per carry won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. 2.8 being what I think he would be getting after he had as many carries as LJ.

Bike
10-12-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't think you bench a guy that is being paid so much and has also at one time proven himself to be a good RB. I think any coaching staff, not just ours knows that JC is not a starting caliber RB. His 2.8 yds per carry won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. 2.8 being what I think he would be getting after he had as many carries as LJ.
Fair enough. But I still say cook or get out of the kitchen...

Jumanok
10-12-2009, 12:20 PM
cut LJ NOW!

matthewschiefs
10-12-2009, 01:04 PM
cut LJ NOW!

I think a trade would be better i am sure you can get something for him.

Bike
10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I think a trade would be better i am sure you can get something for him.
If we could get a heaping pile of steaming %$#@ for LJ, I say make the trade...

SIC J
10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
LJ is like Emmit Smith. They are really good when they have a good O-line and fullback in front of them. LJ is not a play maker.

And him not gaining the yards he wants and losing all these games is not helping his confidence. He's quick to blame others for him not being able to do his thing.

But if we were having 100 yard games and they were winning, his attitude would be 100% different.

The losing record is getting the best of him.

yashi
10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Start Charles, use LJ for short yardage... like I've been saying all season.

Stumplifter
10-12-2009, 03:30 PM
I would agree that Charles should start. I think if he got the bulk of the carries and brought Larry in once in a while and in the 4th qtr we might see more production out of Larry.
Larry always did run better when he was p!ssed and had something to prove.

OPLookn
10-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Which then means that middle is soft and you don't have 8 guys running at Cassel because they're worried about getting beat outside. It opens up another dimension for the team and then you run Charles up the middle a few times..same theory, they're worried about him going outside so he goes up the middle.

Fact is LJ is done and has been done for a few years now. Why people continue to believe he's going to turn some magical corner baffles me.

kilobytes
10-12-2009, 05:48 PM
This is where most of you are ignorant and don't take in to consideration. THEY STACK THE LINE WHEN LJ IS IN! They DONT with Charles because he is a threat to get passes....THIS IS WHY LJ NEEDS TO GET SCREENS! The one screen he had he got 9 yards for a first. The reason LJ sucks is because of the O line and PREDICTABILITY!

Bike
10-12-2009, 05:57 PM
This is where most of you are ignorant and don't take in to consideration. THEY STACK THE LINE WHEN LJ IS IN! They DONT with Charles because he is a threat to get passes....THIS IS WHY LJ NEEDS TO GET SCREENS! The one screen he had he got 9 yards for a first. The reason LJ sucks is because of the O line and PREDICTABILITY!
Thats right. Blame somebody else for his crap play. And most of US are ignorant? :iamwithstupid:

kilobytes
10-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Thats right. Blame somebody else for his crap play. And most of US are ignorant? :iamwithstupid:
I have mentioned his EGO in previous posts. He gets down a lot. But it is mostly the O lines fault and Haley's predictability with LJ...

Screen plays will open things up if used right but it will never happen

yashi
10-12-2009, 06:18 PM

Maybe you're the one who is too ignorant to realize that LJ is a one dimensional back who is worthless in pass blocking and too slow now to help in the passing game anymore.

Canada
10-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Know why he is no threat to get passes? Cause he has no hands. LJ is too slow to run a screen. The list goes on. Whatever the reason is...Charles has been more successful. Wy keep putting LJ in. He obviously does not want to put forth the effort and most of us coud care less if he plays. Trade him, cut him sell him for a bag of chips. I no longer care. LJ can kiss my a$$

kilobytes
10-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Maybe you're the one who is too ignorant to realize that LJ is a one dimensional back who is worthless in pass blocking and too slow now to help in the passing game anymore.
You don't have to be quick to receive short throws and the proof is in the pudding that he has been successful with short throws this year (he hasn't dropped one yet). I saw it versus the Raiders and I saw it with the one screen he got for 9 yards and a first. If he is open which he usually is because no one thinks he is a pass threat (he really isn't but he can be) throw it to him because it isn't predictable. it seems im being shunned from giving an idea which has proven in the past and recently to work. Its unpredictable and thats why we need to do it.

pbatrucker
10-12-2009, 06:29 PM
LJ has never been a threat to catch passes. A lot of you keep asking for more screens. Screen plays work best when the OL doesn't trip over their own feet and actually get out in front and block.

Bike
10-12-2009, 06:30 PM
You don't have to be quick to receive short throws and the proof is in the pudding that he has been successful with short throws this year (he hasn't dropped one yet). I saw it versus the Raiders and I saw it with the one screen he got for 9 yards and a first. If he is open which he usually is because no one thinks he is a pass threat (he really isn't but he can be) throw it to him because it isn't predictable. it seems im being shunned from giving an idea which has proven in the past and recently to work. Its unpredictable and thats why we need to do it.
Thats fine. Throw the screens. Just not with LJ....

kilobytes
10-12-2009, 06:31 PM
You all miss the point im trying to make. LETS STOP BEING PREDICTABLE! Charles is better for screens of course but the D is going to cover that better than if LJ is back there because he is not known to receive any passes. LJ is harder to stop in an open field

Bike
10-12-2009, 06:33 PM
You all miss the point im trying to make. LETS STOP BEING PREDICTABLE! Charles is better for screens of course but the D is going to cover that better than if LJ is back there because he is not known to receive any passes. LJ is harder to stop in an open field
That use to be the case. 3-4 years ago. LJ sucks.

SIC J
10-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Not a threat in the passing game? Are you kidding?

In 05 and 06 where he had over 1700 yards rushing, LJ also had 33 and 41 catches for 343 and 410 yards respectively. Thats 10 yards a catch. Not to mention in 07 he had 30 catches in just half the season.

And teams do stack the line against KC when LJ is in cuz they know their O-line is weak. Its hard to open up a pass game when you have no run game and vise versa.

Oh and 95% percent of the time you can predict if a team is going to run or pass. Its the players job to execute the play.

yashi
10-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Not a threat in the passing game? Are you kidding?

In 05 and 06 where he had over 1700 yards rushing, LJ also had 33 and 41 catches for 343 and 410 yards respectively. Thats 10 yards a catch. Not to mention in 07 he had 30 catches in just half the season.

And teams do stack the line against KC when LJ is in cuz they know their O-line is weak. Its hard to open up a pass game when you have no run game and vise versa.

Oh and 95% percent of the time you can predict if a team is going to run or pass. Its the players job to execute the play.

You can't ever talk in the past tense when talking about a 30 year old running back. LJ was a great back, but now he is a bad one. That's really all there is to it. RBs fall off the map very quickly when they get to 30 as it's been proven time and time again.

hometeam
10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I came into this post way late but....

Its time to shelve LJ and move on.

fairladyZ
10-12-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm pretty sure LJ got 2 screens thrown at him in the game.

He one hand caught one and caught the other one with a defender right on him which was a VERY dangerous throw.

LJ has hands people just like to talk all the **** they can on him

SIC J
10-13-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm pretty sure LJ got 2 screens thrown at him in the game.

He one hand caught one and caught the other one with a defender right on him which was a VERY dangerous throw.

LJ has hands people just like to talk all the **** they can on him

People are ONLY talking trash about him cuz he isnt very productive right now. If he had 400 yards rushing now, EVERYONE would be talking about how great he is. He's a downhill runner.

Lets keep it real, HOW MANY RB'S IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL HAVE PUT UP GOOD NUMBERS WITH A CRAPPY O-LINE??? I can only think of 1 man, Barry Sanders. And in my eyes, he IS the greatest running back the NFL has ever seen. And LJ is nowhere near the level of Barry.

Canada
10-13-2009, 07:36 AM
People are ONLY talking trash about him cuz he isnt very productive right now. If he had 400 yards rushing now, EVERYONE would be talking about how great he is. He's a downhill runner.

Lets keep it real, HOW MANY RB'S IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL HAVE PUT UP GOOD NUMBERS WITH A CRAPPY O-LINE??? I can only think of 1 man, Barry Sanders. And in my eyes, he IS the greatest running back the NFL has ever seen. And LJ is nowhere near the level of Barry.

People are talking trash about him because he is averaging 45.2 yards per game. 45.2!!! I dont care who you play for, that is crap. Sure people would not be on his case if he had 400 yards....because that would mean he is doing his job. All I ever hear is excuses for LJ. I know he runs behind a bad O line, does that mean he does not have to do anything and we all have to sit and marvel at the wonder that is Larry Johnson? He sat out for an entire preseason because he did not get paid enough. Wants to get what he is worth...how much is he willing to give back now that he is an unproductive 30 yr old RB?? Face it man, hes washed up.

Canada
10-13-2009, 07:37 AM
[quote=SIC J;161246]People are ONLY talking trash about him cuz he isnt very productive right now. [quote]

And some people are talking trash cause he is a douche bag. There are lots of reasons people dont like him.

fairladyZ
10-13-2009, 12:29 PM
lol

wtf do you want the guy to do? levitate and float to the ****ing endzone? seriously.

The guy tries his *** off and goes out there and touches the ball 20 times and gets smacked in the mouth immediately every time he does touch the damned thing. Watch haley's press conference.. Just like haley says. LJ is trying very hard but he needs help and he's not getting it right now. And actually out of all the press conferences i have watched of LJ this year the only thing he has said is that they need to come together and play as a team and get better a game at a time. Which is what everyone else is saying aswell. Hell everyone in this LEAGUE that says that after a game must be making excuses huh?

As much as i love LJ i want them to start charles and let him play a whole game without LJ.. And when he gets injured, coughs up the ball a couple times, and averages same if not less than LJ, i want to laugh at all of you.

Canada
10-13-2009, 12:37 PM
lol

wtf do you want the guy to do? levitate and float to the ****ing endzone? seriously.

The guy tries his *** off and goes out there and touches the ball 20 times and gets smacked in the mouth immediately every time he does touch the damned thing. Watch haley's press conference.. Just like haley says. LJ is trying very hard but he needs help and he's not getting it right now. And actually out of all the press conferences i have watched of LJ this year the only thing he has said is that they need to come together and play as a team and get better a game at a time. Which is what everyone else is saying aswell. Hell everyone in this LEAGUE that says that after a game must be making excuses huh?

As much as i love LJ i want them to start charles and let him play a whole game without LJ.. And when he gets injured, coughs up the ball a couple times, and averages same if not less than LJ, i want to laugh at all of you.

So u r just an LJ fan and not a Chiefs fan. Cant wait to be rid of you and LJ then!!

SIC J
10-13-2009, 12:39 PM
lol

I completely agree.

I don't get how these people in one thread are saying how terrible the O-line is and the Cassel has no time to pass but then come to this thread and saying LJ sucks cuz he's not rushing for 100 yards a game. What does the O-line magically get better when LJ is in there and its his fault as soon as the ball is snapped that theres 2 defenders in the backfield already? :lol:

Give it a rest guys.

yashi
10-13-2009, 12:43 PM

Nice, so you're hoping for a Chiefs player to fail.

I don't see why the LJ supporters are so against trying something new. Is it really going to get any worse than 2.4 yards per carry?

LJ is a shadow of his former self. I think people are too wrapped up what he did 3-4 years ago and not what he's doing today as a RB who turns 30 in a month.

SIC J
10-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Nice, so you're hoping for a Chiefs player to fail.

I don't see why the LJ supporters are so against trying something new. Is it really going to get any worse than 2.4 yards per carry?

LJ is a shadow of his former self. I think people are too wrapped up what he did 3-4 years ago and not what he's doing today as a RB who turns 30 in a month.

He averaged 4.5 carries a game last year. He is in better shape then last year as well. Lost weight and is a lil quicker. I don't see why everyone is so caught up on his age.

Brett Farve is what, like 85 and stil is one of the better QB's in the league!

Players are now playing longer than before cuz they keep in better shape these days in ALL sports. I'm about to be 30 and am in better shape right now then I was 2 years ago. Even going back to the gym for MMA training just as a way to get in good physical condition. When you hit 34-35, thats when age starts coming into play again, not 30.

Canada
10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I completely agree.

I don't get how these people in one thread are saying how terrible the O-line is and the Cassel has no time to pass but then come to this thread and saying LJ sucks cuz he's not rushing for 100 yards a game. What does the O-line magically get better when LJ is in there and its his fault as soon as the ball is snapped that theres 2 defenders in the backfield already? :lol:

Give it a rest guys.

Hes not even rushing for 50 yards a game. thats the problem

Canada
10-13-2009, 01:00 PM
He averaged 4.5 carries a game last year. He is in better shape then last year as well. Lost weight and is a lil quicker. I don't see why everyone is so caught up on his age.

Brett Farve is what, like 85 and stil is one of the better QB's in the league!

Players are now playing longer than before cuz they keep in better shape these days in ALL sports. I'm about to be 30 and am in better shape right now then I was 2 years ago. Even going back to the gym for MMA training just as a way to get in good physical condition. When you hit 34-35, thats when age starts coming into play again, not 30.

Seriously...who are the 30+ successful RBs?

hometeam
10-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Actually 30 is the wall.. if you have been playing the whole time. remember, LJ didnt take any hits until a couple of years ago.

Its not his body that is failing, its his heart.

Canada
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Actually 30 is the wall.. if you have been playing the whole time. remember, LJ didnt take any hits until a couple of years ago.

Dont forget his 400+ carry season

Drunker Hillbilly
10-13-2009, 01:08 PM

Agreed and I think anyone would be disheartened when dealing with an O line like his for the last year and a half!! Rightly so too!!

SIC J
10-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Hes not even rushing for 50 yards a game. thats the problem

And Cassel is only throwing for 177 yards a game? But yet so many of you are talking about how impressed you are with him with how he's doing with a terrible O-line.

I don't care if we had Charles, Peterson, Benson, or anyone else in the backfield. They aren't going to do any better when the defense gets penetration like they do against our O-line. If the O-line gets significantly better, and we still see the same result from LJ, then you can talk. Otherwise LJ has and will be been successful. He did average 4.5 yards a carry last year.

pbatrucker
10-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Why don't we line up with two TE's and put LJ and Charles in at the same time. That would give additional blockers, the defense wouldn't know who was going to run the ball to were and Charles is just as good or better than most of our recievers anyway. Run a hurry up offense, because they seem to play better in the two minute drill. Would be worth a try anyway.

kilobytes
10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Why don't we line up with two TE's and put LJ and Charles in at the same time. That would give additional blockers, the defense wouldn't know who was going to run the ball to were and Charles is just as good or better than most of our recievers anyway. Run a hurry up offense, because they seem to play better in the two minute drill. Would be worth a try anyway.
Line up LJ at FB...do anything to mix it up and not be predictable. FB fake then pitch it to Charles or something.

honda522
10-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Line up LJ at FB...do anything to mix it up and not be predictable. FB fake then pitch it to Charles or something.
Yea, that will work......as he can't block already.

fairladyZ
10-13-2009, 10:48 PM
lol i don't wish anyone on this team to fail... But if it will STFU your damn mouths about LJ then i would gladly watch it and laugh.
Just like SIC said if LJ had a probowl line and was only getting 2.5 yrds per carry i would gladly say we need to look elsewhere. But i know no matter who we put behind our line they would not do any better for aslong as LJ has been. I'm sure charles in the backfield will get some decent yards for awhile. Until the defense keyed on him like they do LJ.

Seriously people it's common sense here. You should have learned it in 2nd grade.
I will help you with it.

We have no Oline to protect the QB.
We have Recievers that don't have the greatest hands and drop easy short passes.
Our oline is so bad we have no down field threat.
We have no speed on the team at WR.

By process of elimination. What does that leave us as the #1 threat? Oh that is right LJ
so what do defenses do? Stack the box and plug the holes. Hence you don't see larry hit the holes very hard. Why? because there are none!!!!

and as far as you canada.... Dude seriously your just a douchebag.. Why you are even on this site is beyond me when i have seen people threatened to be banned for less then what you prance around on this site doing. Other people on this site don't like LJ and whatever that is there opinion.. you don't even have an opinion you just like to talk ****. Annoying.

Coach
10-13-2009, 11:24 PM
I completely agree.

Give it a rest guys.

As I watched the game on Sunday, LJ was noticably slow in hitting the line. I think he is waiting on holes to develop like he had when Roaf, Water, Weigman were blocking. So he is being patient, which is usually good. But he is waiting for holes that aren't coming. He is not hitting the line with any speed.

Obviously several people noticed the same thing about LJ. We're not all dummies. Even Troy Aikman pointed it out during the broadcast. It's glaring. We are all entitled to our opinions.

lol i don't wish anyone on this team to fail... But if it will STFU your damn mouths about LJ then i would gladly watch it and laugh.
Just like SIC said if LJ had a probowl line and was only getting 2.5 yrds per carry i would gladly say we need to look elsewhere. But i know no matter who we put behind our line they would not do any better for aslong as LJ has been. I'm sure charles in the backfield will get some decent yards for awhile. Until the defense keyed on him like they do LJ.

Seriously people it's common sense here. You should have learned it in 2nd grade.
I will help you with it.

We have Recievers that don't have the greatest hands and drop easy short passes.

By process of elimination. What does that leave us as the #1 threat? Oh that is right LJ
so what do defenses do? Stack the box and plug the holes. Hence you don't see larry hit the holes very hard. Why? because there are none!!!!

and as far as you canada.... Dude seriously your just a douchebag.. Why you are even on this site is beyond me when i have seen people threatened to be banned for less then what you prance around on this site doing. Other people on this site don't like LJ and whatever that is there opinion.. you don't even have an opinion you just like to talk ****. Annoying.

Was this your attempt to see how many rules you can break with one post? Shape up or ship out. We're all Chiefs fans around here. We're all entitled to our own opinions. Just because you feel strongly that your opinion is the right one, doesn't mean that everyone else has to agree.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. Running LJ twenty times behind Goff and Waters obviously wasn't working. Why not try to mix things up a bit?

A quick reminder for those who have amnesia. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fairladyZ
10-14-2009, 12:04 AM
lol how did i know i would get in trouble for my comments.

Coach
10-14-2009, 12:32 AM
lol how did i know i would get in trouble for my comments.
Maybe because you knew you were breaking the rules.

I just read this excerpt off of ESPN FF:

Based on recent commercials for his movie, Michael Jackson has more life in him these days than Larry Johnson (javascript:newWin('http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/fantasy?playerId=4485')). What? Too soon? Or not soon enough? LJ is done. You know it, I know it and deep down, the Chiefs know it. And sooner rather than later, they will pull the plug on a guy who is currently averaging 2.4 yards per carry. Two-point-four! On 93 attempts! Charles, meanwhile, hasn't gotten a lot of work (only 15 attempts) but what he has gotten, he's done something with. He's averaging 5.1 yards per carry. He also had 54 yards on five receptions Sunday. He's a better pass-catcher than Larry, a better running back these days and, having never met either man, I'll say it: He strikes me as the better human being. Charles will be the guy sooner or later.

fairladyZ
10-14-2009, 12:48 AM
hehe i was actually going to edit my original post to include (like i will here) but didn't.

I really don't think LJ is done. I think he needs a line, and i don't think charles is the guy. i think charles is an awesome change of pace back and i do wish we would use him more. And i wish we would use LJ in differnt scheme's aswell. If LJ is in teh game defenses know we most likely aren't throwing to him and we are running up the gut. Which i have yet to see larry drop a ball from a screen pass and the runs he does get to the outside he has done decent with.

I think we need to mix it up with LJ and use charles more. I just know if we put the load on charles he would not do better than LJ and wind up getting hurt or hurting us and any chance we have to win.

Bike
10-14-2009, 01:07 AM
For the life of me I can't understand why anybody would defend LJ being on this team. C'mon, He can't (or won't) help block. That alone should put him on the bench. He doesn't have the speed to either burst through a hole or get to the outside. He's 30 - old in rb years. He seems (to me) to always be taking the easy way out. And off the field, he's not exactly a high character person. In fact, he's not worth one more minute of my time. So I'll stop.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Why is he required to put forth any more effort than the rest of the team? Obviously he isn't the only one that has decided to give less than 100% right?

brish
10-14-2009, 07:08 AM
He actually has improved his pass blocking this year.. Just look at the game tape.
That being said, I'd like to see Charles get more carries, and I hope Haley will give Smith a look when he returns.

LJ looks like he has lost explosivenes to me.

reded
10-14-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm not for, or against LJ. He's an expendable piece of a puzzle right now.
After saying that, I watched the game again last night and don't really believe that he's lost his explosiveness. What he has lost is his ENTIRE Pro-bowl line that he used to run behind. He's searching for the holes that used to open up and allow him to blast into the secondary, thus beating them into submission to the point that they no longer wanted to tackle him anymore by the end of the game.

He could still be the same big bruising back that he used to be (at least for another year) if only the line would allow him a lane to run in.

Canada
10-14-2009, 09:08 AM

I will help you with it.

It upsets you this much that I disagree with you fairlady? Why don't you cry then....throw a temper tantrum. What rules did I bread here that upset you so much? I said LJ is washed up?

I wanna get this straight...if LJ had a pro bowl line then he would be great. Thats that you are saying? Great Analysis!! :sign0098: HOw are you not a commmentator or journalist with such konwledge. I have an opinion, it is opposite yours and you start calling me names. I guess that does make me a douche bag.

I aoplogize to you fairlady....you figured it out. LJ and his 45 yard average are not a problem. Our running game is #1 and we habe much greater things to worry about. Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways. I will try real hard to ba a casual fan like you who sits back and laughs at fellow fans when our team fails!! Glad to have you aboard, we needed a new 12 year old after Aussie left!! :bananen_smilies046:

fairladyZ
10-14-2009, 12:44 PM
lol I'm not even going to get into it with you. I just stated my opinion about you, you say i'm a crybaby ok.

But do you even watch the games? Or do you just look at the scores and stats? I would say 45 yards per game on this offense is damned good right now. Our #1 play right now is a delayed hand off right up the gut. The delay takes about one second. It takes the defense about 1 second to penetrate our o-line. What does that leave us with? LJ with defenders on his back as he carries them for a 2 yard gain. That is about how EVERY run play goes. LJ has picked up some big time blitzers and punished them sending them to the ground (watch haleys press conference where he talks about LJ blocking very very well). And he has yet to drop a screen pass thrown at him this year, even when he gets hit in the face the instant he touches the ball. He is the least of our concerns right now. That is all i'm saying in my points

Canada
10-14-2009, 12:54 PM
lol I'm not even going to get into it with you. I just stated my opinion about you, you say i'm a crybaby ok.

But do you even watch the games? Or do you just look at the scores and stats? I would say 45 yards per game on this offense is damned good right now. Our #1 play right now is a delayed hand off right up the gut. The delay takes about one second. It takes the defense about 1 second to penetrate our o-line. What does that leave us with? LJ with defenders on his back as he carries them for a 2 yard gain. That is about how EVERY run play goes. LJ has picked up some big time blitzers and punished them sending them to the ground (watch haleys press conference where he talks about LJ blocking very very well). And he has yet to drop a screen pass thrown at him this year, even when he gets hit in the face the instant he touches the ball. He is the least of our concerns right now. That is all i'm saying in my points, yet you guys still want to hang him

And I would agree with you if this was the first time LJ wasnt producing. Most peoples defense of him is "Look at his stats in 2006 and 2007" This year his YPC dropped by almost half from last season. Did we have a good O line last year that I missed? How do you explain that? We are here to talk about football, not your opininon of me. Sorry if that makes you sould like a b!tch, maybe you should leave your personal feelings out of it. I am not here saying the LJ is the only problem with this team. Everyone is quite aware of the poor offensive line, but LJ managed to get some yards last season and this year he is not...and none of that is his fault? Get over yourself. You say we all want to hang him....we all want a productive running game. LJ had made it clear that he does not like being in KC over and over again, so why should we all jump up to defend him when he plays poorly?

Again....sorry I disagree with you. :bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
10-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah I think all these 1 and 2 yds a carry makes getting a rb a main thing for us. And yeah LJ's attitude and even talking of leaving doesn't help either.

I was glad when we retained him, after having suffered the loss of TG. I was hoping LJ would have better stuff left in him then what we're seeing. Yes the oline is a factor, but he's been criticized by Mitch and Lenny too for some of his runs. He's also just too much of a north to south runner, too one-dimensional.

Like others have said, I think it'd be nice to at least try giving Charles significantly more carries. He sure has good speed and often breaks one for 10-15. One of Washington's (few) strengths is their dline. I'm afraid, though, we'll once again do the same thing. Give the ball to LJ about 18 times for 36 yards, and Charles 3 times for 15 yards.

tornadospotter
10-14-2009, 09:41 PM
And Cassel is only throwing for 177 yards a game? But yet so many of you are talking about how impressed you are with him with how he's doing with a terrible O-line.

I don't care if we had Charles, Peterson, Benson, or anyone else in the backfield. They aren't going to do any better when the defense gets penetration like they do against our O-line. If the O-line gets significantly better, and we still see the same result from LJ, then you can talk. Otherwise LJ has and will be been successful. He did average 4.5 yards a carry last year.
I am not impressed with Cassel yet.

kilobytes
10-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Yea, that will work......as he can't block already.
The FB is running the other way in a FB fake so he can't make a hole to block anyway.....The FB goes left and the HB right or vice versa.....

kilobytes
10-15-2009, 12:48 AM
It seems you people didn't listen to the Chiefs Kingdom show on Monday. LJ showed up on the show and Mitch talked to him. Seems like a pretty cool guy to me. He just gets down after losses like all players do....talked about how he loves us fans because we tell it like it is. Im sure he knows about all the criticism

SIC J
10-15-2009, 01:43 AM
It seems you people didn't listen to the Chiefs Kingdom show on Monday. LJ showed up on the show and Mitch talked to him. Seems like a pretty cool guy to me. He just gets down after losses like all players do....talked about how he loves us fans because we tell it like it is. Im sure he knows about all the criticism

Until any of these guys know what its like to have a lil fame and go through the things he does, they will NEVER understand.

All they do is read about him in the papers and internet and make their judgement on that. Not taking in consideration how exaggerated stories are.

I personally can give a rats a$$ what he does off the field. All I care about is what he does on the field. It doesnt seem like much right now but I give him props for taking the little he's getting and taking a pounding for it.

chief31
10-16-2009, 01:18 AM
I am not impressed with Cassel yet.

I am. Slightly.

I thought he would have been injured, or played so poorly that he would have lost the starting job at this point.

But, he has actually played pretty well, considering the circumstances.

Until any of these guys know what its like to have a lil fame and go through the things he does, they will NEVER understand.

All they do is read about him in the papers and internet And police reports and make their judgement on that. Not taking in consideration how exaggerated stories are.

I personally can give a rats a$$ what he does off the field. So, then OJ Simpson would be ok with you? All I care about is what he does on the field. And what has that been, lately? It doesnt seem like much right now but I give him props for taking the little he's getting and taking a pounding for it.

Sure. Not being a celebrity means that there are circumstances in LJ's life that we are unaware of.

But the same can be said of absolutley anybody. I didn't grow up in the same neighborhood as Ted Bundy. I didn't have to live with Jeffrey Dahmer's parents. I wasn't even alive when Adolph Hitler was coming of age.

Granted, all of those are extreme examples. But if you're trying to say that it's silly to criticize LJ's actions, because I haven't walked in his shoes, then the same goes for guys like Bundy, Manson, Dahmer and Hitler.

I do respect LJ for continuing to go out there and take the beating, for so little production. And I am not one who is really down on him right now.

But I have wanted LJ gone since he held out for his big payday.

Not because I blame him for doing so. Just that I knew he was gonna get that big payday, based on the successes of guys like vermiel, Roaf, Shields and Richardson, and would never be able to match that kind of success without those guys.

I wanted him to be released this past offseason, because I could see that we have a pass-only offensive coach, and a sub-par group of blockers. So, why pay top dollar, for a crappy performance, rather it's his fault, or not.

The most telling thing, for me, about LJs personality is the way he and Vermiel interacted. Anyone who can't get along with Dick Vermiel has to be a jerk.:D